[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to start on the fate series Which one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2560x2980) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2560x2980
I want to start on the fate series

Which one?
>>
DEEN FSN
Fate/Zero
DEEN UBW
Play Fate/Grand Order
Wait for HF

Don't read the VN it's a pile of eroge trash.
>>
>>144293955
why the fuck do the deen shots look better
>>
>>144293955

honestly watch deen and if you like it read the VN then watch ufotable
>>
>>144294044
>DEEN FSN
>>
>>144294109
Movie production values also better chara designs.
Ufotable can't draw faces.
>>
>>144294109
Because ufotable only looks good in motion.
>>
>>144293955

Right looks a little on the CG side
>>
>>144293955
Read Fate/stay night.
Read Fate/hollow ataraxia.
Play Fate/Extra.
Forget about everything else.
>>
>>144293955
Fate Kaleid Prisma Ilya
I don't have the picture to explain but this is the first serie you need to watch in the fate universe. Others are just spin-off of variables qualities.
>>
>>144294262
start with Fate Kaleid Prisma Ilya really, i started myself with fate stay night. Was a big mitsake, you are missing out a lot of backstory and basic plot understanding to enjoy the other fate series.
>>
The visual novel is the best place to start. It's the best introduction to the characters and lore of the world.

If you don't like it chances are you won't like the anime or the movies.

Fate Extra and Fate Grand order are psp and mobile games focused on combat and can just be ignored.

Fate Zero is urobutcher and can also be ignored.
>>
>>144294262
>>144294296
Prisma Illya is garbage, it's an insult to the Fate franchise
>>
>>144293955
Read the VN.
>>
>>144294374
Fate is an insult to anime and VN industry
It can only be grateful to the masterpiece that is prisma illya
Go fuck yourself with your shitty self insert kusoge
>>
>>144293955
>>>/v/
>>>/v/
>>
File: fateorder.png (992 KB, 1728x994) Image search: [Google]
fateorder.png
992 KB, 1728x994
>>144293955
>>144294262

Follow this accurate guide
>>
>>144293955

The VN.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>144294109
They don't, particularly. Look at Shirou in the second picture. What's up with the perspective there? Is he supposed to be smaller than Saber?

Also, DEEN's use of lens flair is really annoying.

Anyway the best watching order is FSN06 -> FSN [UBW] -> FSN [HF] (wait for it) -> FZ ->Grand Order
>>
>>144294044

>don't read the VN it's a pile of eroge trash

The only thing that's trash is you.
>>
>>144294747
Also of course you could just fucking play the VN. Probably the simplest option.

Also The UBW movie kinda exists. Save though as something you watch after everything else though. It's riddled with problems to say the least.
>>
>>144293955
Don't bother. Wait for the Dies Irae anime instead.
>>
>>144294255
how could anyone recommend Fate/Extra?
rock paper scissors simulation with almost no story, inferiour versions of known characters nero is acceptable though and boring masters/servants? that shit was a drag
>>
>>144294791
There's no real need to see the DEEN UBW movie unless you just want to laugh at the QUALITY moments. Soundtrack is good, though.
>>
File: FGOCECulainnScathach.png (508 KB, 512x875) Image search: [Google]
FGOCECulainnScathach.png
508 KB, 512x875
>>144293955
Fate Stay Night 2006: Covers the first and intro route for the series. You NEED to read/watch the Fate route if you want to get into the series and understand what's going on properly.

Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works 2014 TV series(get the Blu Ray from nyaa since it adds scenes and fixes a LOT of stuff): Covers the second route of the visual novel and it's more action packed.

Fate Stay Night Heaven's Feel: 3 Movies that will be coming out next year, cover the 3rd and final route of the VN

Keep in mind that if you skip any route you'll be missing characterization of various characters, because different characters are the focus of each one.

Lastly you can watch Fate/Zero, the same as UBW get the BDs.

Whatever you do, don't watch F/Z before Heaven's Feel because it's the route it draws from the most and thus spoils majority of the twists. Remember that F/SN is a fightning story but mistery plays a big part in it, not nearly as much as KnK or Tsukihime but still a big part.
>>
>>144293955
Start with Kara no Kyoukai.

Finish there, you're all set.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.