[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When does Berserk get good? Up to volume 8 now and while the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: .png (926 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
.png
926 KB, 1440x1080
When does Berserk get good? Up to volume 8 now and while the art is just dandy, I can't find myself interested in the story at all.
>>
Official hype train boards at Lost Children and disembarks in front of the boat.
>>
It gets good at the end of the Golden age. It's all rape and gore from there.
>>
>>144280779
This, which is volume 13 (I'm currently on 14, but I LOVED all of it so far).
>>
>people think the Golden Age sucks
It's still the best arc.
>>
>>144281114
I just really like all the Gigerian and John Carpenter style creature designs. It's even more impressive when you consider it was all done by hand, before computers were used as widely and effectively as they are now.
>>
Never, you fell for the meme
>>
>>144281114
This. The Golden Age Arc was probably one of the best depiction of a medieval fantasy setting i've scene.

Every arc that isn't that or the Lost Children arc is pretty much edgy bullcrap.
>>
>>144281114
Really? People think it's the worst? I found that arc to the best in Berserk. Not only was it fine dark fantasy but the interactions between the Band of Hawk, all leading to the climax was done extremely well.
>>
>>144281114
I thought it was good. I'm still liking the series but my interest has been steadily dwindling since the end of falconia. I'm not even sad that I probably won't live to see the end of it anymore.
>>
In what order do I watch the old movies/series?

Seriously don't want to start the manga.

Looking at the air dates,the movies and the original animated series aired around the same time. Movies, or series? Both?
>>
>>144280512
I think it really hits its stride both in story and art once Guts leaves the band of the hawk
>>
File: bcb.jpg (87 KB, 606x871) Image search: [Google]
bcb.jpg
87 KB, 606x871
>>144284917
>In what order do I watch the old movies/series?

You don't.
>>
File: 1465785393756.jpg (36 KB, 467x299) Image search: [Google]
1465785393756.jpg
36 KB, 467x299
>>144284917
>the movies and the original animated series aired around the same time
pic related

>Seriously don't want to start the manga.
don't bother; we don't want you shitting up our fanbase even further
>>
>>144280512
Wow, people are saying 90s Berserk had god tier animation. WTF? This is as good as the new one.
>>
>>144285551
It was the 90s and they had no budget. Honestly they did pretty good all things considering. I really like the original Berserk anime despite its problems.
>>
>>144285739
>replying to bait
Please don't do this.
>>
>>144285795
Was that bait? I honestly couldn't tell. With the amount of autistic statements I see here sometimes I just can't tell if someones being serious or not.
>>
>>144280512
uh
if you're up to volume 8 and you still don't like it then i don't think it's gonna suddenly become interesting to you

most people think the golden age arc is the best part of berserk too
>>
>>144284917
start on episode 2 of the 97 one, if you like it start the manga
>>
>>144282596
>Lost Children
>not edgy bullcrap

ha
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.