[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've only seen the first season of Aria but I didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Aria the Animation.jpg (48 KB, 225x321) Image search: [Google]
Aria the Animation.jpg
48 KB, 225x321
I've only seen the first season of Aria but I didn't really like it due the characters being somewhat archetypal (which is especially bad in a slice of life) and the constant sugary mood that made it hard for me to be emotionally invested in the scenes.

Granted, I didn't hate it either I just thought it was slightly above average and not the critically acclaimed series I expected it would be.

Should I continue with the second and third seasons or would I likely be disappointed due to the same complaints?
>>
>>144278968
you're retarded
>>
>>144278968
Aria is boring, don't do it.
>>
File: Akari spooked.jpg (34 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
Akari spooked.jpg
34 KB, 720x544
If you didn't enjoy the first season it's probably not the series for you. That said, I think it does get better and better farther into the series.
What you've been seeing is mostly easy going and sugary episodes as you put it. (I didn't really like the sugary stuff much either at first).
But The Natural has two different kinds of episodes. A lot will still be easy slice of life. But then once in a while there will be supernatural or otherwise super creepy episodes and I don't want to spoil that too much. It's really good, and adds a whole new tone to Neo Venezia.
The Origination is a whole new beast, there starts to be a kind of overarching story as the main girls get close to becoming promoted. And it's fucking amazing. The emotional points carry far more weight than the stuff in the first season.

So I'll say if you rated the first season at least a 6/10 the next season is worth checking out.
>>
>>144278968
Did you try to marathon it? You are not supposed to do that.
>>
Am I the only one who didn't find the city of Neo-Venezia to be that pretty? The buildings look way too uniform.
>>
>>144279351
No, I never marathon anime or watch more than one series at a time.
>>
>>144278968
Most of Aria's acclaim comes from it's third season, but if you're not a fan of the "sugary mood" then I don't see you enjoying the next two seasons as that's not going away any time soon.
>>
>>144279353
When I think of Neo-Venezia I think of the waterways and bridges, San Marco, houses so close together they all hide little secret areas and alleys. And the crazy floating island, Aria Company's modern looking house. etc.
I see what you mean about the houses. In some shots they look exactly the same, but in others they're all over the place in size and color. But the city is sill very aesthetically interesting. I especially like the night shots.
>>
>>144278968

Myself, I love these kinds of anime. I can just sit back with a hot cup of tea, let the worries of my life fade away, and just revel in what, to me, is an idyllic life. However. to each their own - I can understand why you're not a fan of the series (archetypes) since thats my main complaint with shounen anime.

I can't really see you enjoying any of the next seasons if you didn't enjoy season one. I'd move on and watch something else if I were you.
>>
>>144278968
I'm at half the second season and my favorite episode so far has been the treasure hunt.

I also liked that episode in Gochiusa so there's that.
>>
>>144280122
>I'm at half the second season
Have fun. You haven't seen anything yet.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.