[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does no one ever talk about this show? it's the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: MONSTER.jpg (61 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
MONSTER.jpg
61 KB, 720x480
why does no one ever talk about this show? it's the best slice of life anime ever created, the art is stunning, the characters are well-designed and balanced. what more could you want?!
>>
>>144272017

Yawara just wasn't that good
>>
Vintage Ace Attorney anime thread
>>
>>144272055
>>144272123

rude

seriously tho, I have never seen a thread on MK on /a/, what's wrong with you people?
>>
Slice of life does not mean "takes place in a real world setting".
>>
When did the "Overrated Shit" threads die?
>>
>>144272269

are you stupid? slice of life literally means the day to day life of a certain person, in this case of the protagonist. I never said anything about real world setting.
>>
>>144272189
Not all of the manga is translated.
>>
>>144272667
Then literally everything is slice of life.
>>
>>144272878

>literally everything

because LITERALLY EVERYTHING is day to day life, right?

because NOTHING EXTRAORDINARY has ever happened in an anime show, right?

this is the dumbest shit I've read in my entire life

>>144272698

I was referring to the anime, hence why I said 'show' in the OP. But you are still correct, sadly.
>>
File: master_keaton.jpg (132 KB, 900x450) Image search: [Google]
master_keaton.jpg
132 KB, 900x450
>>144272017
Would have liked to have seen a few episodes about his time in the SAS, in the Falklands war and the Iranian Embassy.
>>
>>144273732

>Iranian Embassy

yes please. honestly, I really liked the cosmopolian aspect of the anime. it didnt seem forced in a multiculti kinda way, the exact opposite actually.
>>
>>144273068
>because NOTHING EXTRAORDINARY has ever happened in an anime show, right?
Are you legitimately mentally retarded or something? Monster is full of extraordinary things. It's the fucking opposite of slice of life. Your own definition
>literally means the day to day life of a certain person
Is EXACTLY what you just argued against.
>>
>>144274861

>Monster

nigger are you fucking stupid? this thread is about MASTER KEATON. the OP image is a joke. it's clearly master keaton, the main character of the series. it's a bait image. how can you not keep those two apart? they look completely different in terms of art style..

>Is EXACTLY what you just argued against.

I'll make it short so even someone like you can understand:

master keaton is slice of life because the entire series just deals with the job of one man in the real world. his job is very special, interesting, but nonetheless this is his daily routine

monster is not a slice of life story. in the beginning we see the protagonists everyday life as a doctor, then things change and he is put into an extreme position, abandoning his dayjob and family.

get it?
>>
>>144276259
>they look completely different in terms of art style..
Not him, but no, Urasawa's art style in each of them is very similar.

Also, Master Keaton is about as much of an SoL as Jiraishin, or any police procedural for that matter. As in, it's fucking not.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.