[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck did I just watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: ergo3.png (243 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
ergo3.png
243 KB, 704x400
What the fuck did I just watch?
>>
i think thats Ergo Proxy.
>>
A waste of time. Now go outside.
>>
Ergo Proxy
>>
>>144242686

The game show episode is better on LSD.

The trapped due to wind drought episode is still win.
>>
>>144242686
Pino reading a book!
>>
>>144242686
The best episode of that show
>>
I'm still not 100% what this show is about after watching it 2 times.
>>
>>144242686
what had they planned for season 2?
>>
>>144243158
There was no plan for S2
>>
File: kuroneko smelling farts.png (698 KB, 2064x2500) Image search: [Google]
kuroneko smelling farts.png
698 KB, 2064x2500
>>144242686
An extremely deep anime.
>>
>>144242686
The most entertaining exposition dump in all of anime
>>
>>144242686
The most random episode of a great series
>>
this is the first EG thread I've seen not full of posts saying its pretentious shit
>>
File: Vincent_law.jpg (48 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
Vincent_law.jpg
48 KB, 670x377
>>144242686
Watch how his eyes gradually open over the episodes, plus it's basically about....
>>
How does Vincent keep his eyes open like that?
>>
File: what is this guise.jpg (56 KB, 344x505) Image search: [Google]
what is this guise.jpg
56 KB, 344x505
>it's a vincent only episode
>>
>>144243563
This is true.
>>
how does this compare to NGE?
>>
>>144243191
Deep how? It wasn't all that great or even progressive for what it was. it was a boring copy of ghost in the shell, not as good or innovative.
>>
>>144242686
is that rika in the corner?
>>
>>144242686
The episode where I dropped the series.

I can only take a show being so far up its own ass.
>>
>>144248695
why is /a/ so anti-intellectual

Ergo Proxy was pretty heavy-handed with exposition and deliverance of its own themes but /a/ treats it like another End of Evangelion
>>
>>144247717
Motherfucker, show me an anime that has anywhere near the same depth of themes of gnosticism
>>
a very bad show
>>
>>144249048
It's easier to call something pretentious shit than trying to decipher the meaning behind the information that are being given. Sure it could always be more direct with its information but I think it handled it's themes pretty well and was engaging and interesting to watch. Putting together the pieces at the end was fun.
>>
>>144242686
A raison d'être edgyparty.
>>
>>144242785
And fall into a manhole while playing pokemon GO.
>>
Manglobe's magnum opus
>>
>>144247717
Ghost in the Shell is neither good nor innovative, and a large portion of it is pretty boring.

Ergo Proxy sure as hell isn't deep but it's a LOT more entertaining than GitS, precisely because it ISN'T a copy of it. It's a surreal post-apocalyptic adventure drama that draws inspiration from gothic horror. It only baits you into expecting cyberpunk cop mystery shit for the first 4 episodes and then shows you what it's really about.
>>
>>144250014
this nigga knows his shit

I love this theme transition and character juxtaposition
>>
>>144249353
>it handles its themes pretty well
No, it handles its themes in an extremely clumsy way. By the end, you get what it's about, but you have to wade through a shitload of corny, hamfisted dialog that's delivered by unreliable characters and isn't always relevant to those themes. And it doesn't help that many crucial and thematically important details of the plot are only vaguely alluded to.

It's very much a pretentious anime that has less to say than it has to show, and meanders into psychological speculation for no reason. It's not End of Evangelion levels of fuckery but it's up there.

Doesn't prevent it from being fun as fuck though.
>>
>>144242686
A plot dump episode that still managed to be better than the main story.
>>
>>144246500
comparing this to nge is like comparing stale bread to a roast dinner
>>
>>144247717
>It wasn't all that great or even progressive
>progressive
That word has lost all positive connotations thanks to its political affiliations anon. No point using it like that anymore.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.