[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
S o can we all agree that baki the grappler is by far the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1468243080824.jpg (405 KB, 892x1400) Image search: [Google]
1468243080824.jpg
405 KB, 892x1400
S o can we all agree that baki the grappler is by far the best battle shounen manga?

>amazing fight scnes and paneling
>unique and interesting artstyle
>no bullshit powerups and asspuls
>unlike other shounen series it doesn't pretend to have a plot and jumps straight into the fights without the bullshit

Why is this series so overlooked by you faggots?
>>
>>144221334
it's still got it's share of bullshit and asspulls, though. Or rather, just bad booking.

>build up Ali Jr.
>only to smack him down
>he trains up again for the Baki fight
>gets one-shotted and never heard from again
THAT WAS WORTHWHILE THANK YOU

or how about Baki just out-muscles Oliva, throwing away technique and beating him with pure strength?

Then attempting to do the same against Pickle, and this time losing?

Or the Baki/Yujiro fight, which ended with Yujiro still miles ahead and relatively untouched, just kinda "giving up" because Baki was able to do some stupid magic illusion shit.
>>
I dunno about the manga but the second season of the anime has arguably the greatest OP of all time.
>>
File: are you fucking kidding me.jpg (51 KB, 460x482) Image search: [Google]
are you fucking kidding me.jpg
51 KB, 460x482
>>144221590
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lt-Ow4sCR0
>>
>>144221825
It's produced by DYNAMITE TOMMY and FREE WILL, how the fuck can you not like it?
>>
>>144221584
I agree with you that the Ali Jr. arc weas a complete waste of time and it should have never existed but your other points are not really that valid

> Baki just out-muscles Oliva, throwing away technique and beating him with pure strength?

Olive was hyped as the strongest in the series in terms of physicalk strength yet Yujiro quite easily overpowered him and considering how Baki was able to fight equally against Yuujiro for a short period of time i think it makes sense that Baki is also physicallys tronger than Oliva

>Then attempting to do the same against Pickle, and this time losing

Pickle was simply stronger than both Oliva and Baki,thought this was eatablished since his introduction.

>>144221590
The anime skips a lot of content and has generally very shitty production values,the manga is way better than the anime i recommend you start reading it where the anime left off if you want to fully enjoy Baki.
>>
>>144221584
You should have at least mentioned how Memetobe turned into a fucking ninja out of nowhere and started trolling every single strong character in the series because they have no real exerience fighting in real battles against weapons even though Yuujiro single handedly defeated the US special forces in Vietnam.
>>
>>144221825
1:34 this guy is so fucking fit he has a six-pack on his back
>>
>>144222009
The point is, it's retarded that in terms of pure physical strength it goes Yujiro > Pickle > Baki > Oliva. What the fuck does that leave Oliva with, then, his entire gimmick is "strongest muscles". Not techniques or fighting ability, just STRONK. Why can't he have that? Why do the Hanmas have to be da bessst in everything? It's shitty booking.
>>
>>144221825
What exactly is there to dislike about?
>>
>>144222221
what's even worse is how that one prisoner tried this same shit, hidden weapons and blades and SURPRISE ATTACK bullshit, and everybody told him he was a faggot and beat his ass anyway.

But now that shit is A-Okay? I'm getting conflicting themes, here.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.