[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw absolutely LOVE Madoka Magica and view it as a work of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Madoka Kino.png (4 MB, 2000x1126) Image search: [Google]
Madoka Kino.png
4 MB, 2000x1126
>tfw absolutely LOVE Madoka Magica and view it as a work of art
>tfw its entire fanbase is lesbian-shipping neckbeards who can't hold a conversation to save their life

Can we have a Madoka thread where we actually DISCUSS Madoka Magica? I recently rewatched the whole thing in one go as if it was a 4 hour movie (the obviously definitive way to view it). It really is a masterpiece that I honest to god think deserves as much credit as any Miazaki film or hell, even movies like 2001 a Space Odyssey
>>
>>144202286
It was better week-to-week.

Mamori Oshii agreed, don't bother him about it.
>>
>>144202286
>2001 a Space Odyssey
over the line
>>
thought it was just a lame "homage" to little mermaid and gimmick plot twists
>>
Of all the BD changes, I've never understood why they made Mami's pose on top of the syringe less heroic.

Maybe they thought it was too on the nose, but it fit way better with what was going on.
>>
>>144202704
I have only seen the version on netflix. Do you happen to have a picture of the pose I haven't seen?
>>
>>144202748
>netflix
What the fuck.
>>
>>144202748
>netflix

Please tell me this is just summer
>>
>>144202806
Casuals visit /a/ sometimes what a shock
>>
>>144202748
Wouldn't Netflix use the best source, e.g. the BD?
>>
>>144202286
Princess tutu did it better.
>>
>>144202910
Apparently they do because it doesn't have the original Mami pose but still
>netflix
>>
>>144202942
Rebellion was the best rendition of the Nutcracker I've ever seen.
>>
Im afraid the new project will fuck things up. the ending for rebellion was perfect and I cant imagine a sequel that could live up to it.
>>
>>144203124
As long as they don't keep trying to up the stakes and scale I think they could do it. Just please not another universe rewrite.

I've always thought it was funny how the series deals in some really lofty complicated ideas while having a pretty grounded plot to follow, whereas Rebellion was much more abstract but basically only explored a single character without the same far-reaching implications as far as theme goes. I'd like to see the artsy themes with the artsy visuals or the grounded character stuff with the grounded setting.
>>
>>144203124
The ending of TV was perfect. Rebellion was a retconning garbage.
>>
>>144202286
>>144202748
Kill yourself, newfag.
>>
>>144203344
Rebellion made a lot more sense for Homura's character.
>>
I just marathoned the first episode. Animation is so cash.
>>
>tfw most Madoka fans have never watched another magical girl anime, except maybe the shitty English Sailor moon dub
>tfw they say they love it because mah deconstruction, even if they don't fully understand just what it's deconstructing
>>
File: 1459373664024.png (132 KB, 249x315) Image search: [Google]
1459373664024.png
132 KB, 249x315
>>144202286
>Another thread by some newfag who watched Madoka for the first time last week
>Another thread where they're complaining that everyone's had all the conversations about the show he wants to have when it aired 20 years ago
I came here to post Sayaka at you.
>>
>>144203468
You should watch the movies instead.
>>
File: 48475313_p53.jpg (199 KB, 481x470) Image search: [Google]
48475313_p53.jpg
199 KB, 481x470
At this point I just want a happy ending for Mami. She's treated so poorly by the series/fans.
>>
>>144203720
She got a happy ending, she got to be alive and Homura even gave her a loli. You can't pretend you wouldn't be happy to get that kind of deal.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.