[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the worst anime adaptation of all time? after a lot of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (249 KB, 1302x738) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
249 KB, 1302x738
Is this the worst anime adaptation of all time? after a lot of research about the LN's plot shocks me how KyoAni did things like:

>absolutely ignores the fact that the first part of the story takes place in an matrix-esque dream land called Phantom World all along.

>add filler things like pet fairies and phantom gorillas

>not even foreshadows the future Haruhiko vs Phantom Rupa conflict, the leader Kashima Touko, the timeskip, the human eradication by phantoms or anything related to the Volume 2 (the true start and the central focus of the post-awakening series)

And yet this is only what you can find reading the english summaries, reviews, forums or these kind of stuff on the internet. Until a proper complete translation we will never know the true size of the mess.
>>
>>144190049
>Is this the worst anime adaptation of all time
No.
>>
>>144190049
>Is this the worst anime adaptation of all time?
Are you the same guy who made the Mob thread?
>>
I'm not one of those "muh source material" mooks, so I couldn't care less about it being a bad adaptation. But Phantom World is a bad anime, which is all anyone should really take away from the show.
>>
>>144190049
>not foreshadowing things you're never going to adapt
I didn't even watch this shit, but I can't say that sounds like a bad change to make.
>>
It's interesting to see people pretend to be outraged over changes to a source they admit they've never read or even knew about prior to the adaptation
>>
>>144190256
This.
>>
>>144190049
Kyoani cant do serious and dark anime
Im surprised they didnt exaggerate Reinas lesbianism towards Mai though
>>
that's hibikek
>>
>>144190452
>Kyoani cant do serious and dark anime
They just did one last year.
>>
KyoAni general thread.
>>
>>144190214
It wasn't that bad, at least it was usually quite fun. It felt like a bunch of filler episodes for 90s anime,
>>
>>144190049
The original story is absolute chuuni trash
>>
File: dark and serious.jpg (680 KB, 1156x1728) Image search: [Google]
dark and serious.jpg
680 KB, 1156x1728
>>144190452
Phantom World novel 2 is very serious
>>
>>144190049
Maybe not, but it's definitely one of their worst shows ever, if not their worst.
>>
Too bad, last episode where Haruhiko fight with his half power is awesome
>>
>>144191836
holy shit
he stayed up all night too long
>>
>>144190049
I really don't blame them for changes things since the source material is absolute chuuni garbage
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.