[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tsugumomo 91
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: 027.jpg (260 KB, 809x1200) Image search: [Google]
027.jpg
260 KB, 809x1200
Well, I think it's official. Kiriha is dead. And I don't think she's coming back. Things are rapidly progressing in a direction where Kyouka becomes Kiriha's replacement as Kazuya's partner in the fullest sense.

Admittedly, we don't really know much about flute girl, but that, I think, is kind of the idea. She'll gradually open up bit by bit, until the two of them finally can reach an ascended state together. And truth be told, she's probably the worst kind of opponent for Kanaka, since even plugging her ears won't be enough to protect her from a sonic attack of the right frequency. Plus she isn't familiar with Kyouka, so she won't be able to use prior knowledge to gain the upper hand in the fight, like she would against Kiriha.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Oriobana was revealed to be a half Tsugumomo. The end I am foreseeing goes something along the lines of: Kazuya and Kyouka get close over the 3 years they train together, beat Kazuya's mom, and by then Kazuya won't be as shy about getting his dick wet (not that he's particularly shy now...). Years down the road they have a child together and give the remnants of Kiriha to their child, who creates a new Tsugumomo from the stitched together pieces, and they name that new Tsugumomo Kiriha. Or maybe Kirio...

I'm pretty okay with this. Admittedly, the usual direction a mangaka would be taking here would be to be setting up Kiriha's miraculous resurrection thanks to Kazuya's hax powers. That's the 'expected' development. But for some reason I'm getting a much different vibe here.

OVA when?
>>
>>144185726
She will come back and Kazuya will dual wield flute and kiriha

And he will defeat his mom with double ascension
>>
So what was that all about where one of them was like "isn't it nineteen tsugumomo under his ownership, not eighteen"?

That would imply either Kiriha survives somehow, or Azami is actually still under his jurisdiction in spite of being used by his mom at present.
>>
>>144185845
That was a reference to the fact that Kyouka hadn't made him her owner yet.
>>
>>144185905
Oh, ok, I see where you're coming from. I guess I had her reasoning backwards.
>>
>>144185726
>and give the remnants of Kiriha to their child, who creates a new Tsugumomo from the stitched together pieces
If this was possible surely Kaz would have done it by now, since he's a nuclear forge that created Azami in a matter of weeks just by thinking hard at a cloth.
>>
>>144185845

>"isn't it nineteen tsugumomo under his ownership, not eighteen"?

The eighteen didn't include Kyouko either. He still hasn't contracted with her.

I mean, the rules of 'what kills tsugumomo' seem pretty clear cut. So Kiriha coming back would mean some high level ass pulling. She's literally in pieces right now.

Sure, Kazuya has his 'create amasogi at will' thing, but look how well THAT went the time he tried to use it to create a real tsugumomo. And even if he did that, it still wouldn't be Kiriha, just a doppelganger that looks like her.
>>
>>144186064

I'm not saying it'll be Kiriha coming back to life, just a new tsugumomo coincidentally created from the same obi. And it'll be some years off, probably.
>>
>>144186083
>but look how well THAT went the time he tried to use it to create a real tsugumomo
It went pretty well though? It was his subsequent attempt at making Amasogi from his psycho killer mom's stuff that fucked it all up.
>>
>>144185841
>Kiriha is brought back
>not by Kazuya but by Kazumom, using god shard powers
>Kazumom triple wields Kiriha, Azami, and Azami
>>
>>144186269
>Azami, and Azami

Laughed
>>
>>144186269
I like this
>>
Isnt the 19th the black kiriha?Heshould be the owner theorically.
>>
>>144186374
Kazuya never gave her a true name.
>>
>>144186083
>Sure, Kazuya has his 'create amasogi at will' thing, but look how well THAT went the time he tried to use it to create a real tsugumomo
Creating Tsugumomo wasn't an issue, it was how he retardedly decided KILL ME was an appropriate order to give to all the amasogi he created to practice killing with.
>>
>>144186374

It's Azami, and she's not a real tsugumomo.

Kazuya created her TRYING to make one, but fell short, which is why the gods and other tsugumomo still call her an amasogi. Even if the power used to create her was sufficient, she doesn't have the decades and centuries of use and care that would normally be required for one to awaken naturally.

>>144186434

That too, but to be fair I don't think she actually needs one. If beating her was as easy as Kazuya giving her a name and commanding her to come over to his side, they wouldn't even need 3 years. He could end the stasis and disarm his mom on the spot.
>>
>>144186621
>Kazuya created her TRYING to make one, but fell short, which is why the gods and other tsugumomo still call her an amasogi.
Wasn't that because she integrated with his mom's dress amasogi?
Like, adding Angra Mainyu to the Holy Grail.
>>
>>144186782

Maybe but she was kind of weird to begin with. When Kiriha awakened she was able to speak to her owner and explain the situation immediately. Azami just mutely followed Kazuya.

I feel like she was a particularly intelligent and human-like amasogi rather than a tsugumomo, but that's just speculation. Maybe it'll be clarified at some point, but for now the only descriptor that's been used for her is 'amasogi' so I'm going with that.
>>
>>144185726
It rubs me wrong that MC nearly doesn't give a shit that Kukuri and Kiriha are dead now. Except his little rage moment when the guards tried to take Kiriha's remains he has been pretty calm.
I get that the author wanted to skip the whole angst phase, but still. I will continue in believing that Kiriha and Kukuri will soon return.
>>
>>144187629
Nobody wants a crybaby bitchboy as MC

Dude has new bitches, he moved on
>>
>>144187629

I think the breakdown is yet to come.

And when it comes it's probably gonna be pretty intense. Right now he's just trying not to think about it.

Helping him get over it is probably what cements his partnership with Kyouko.
>>
File: Tsugumomo Azami.jpg (421 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Tsugumomo Azami.jpg
421 KB, 600x800
>>144186945
Azami was very much like a child when she was created, whereas other Tsugumomo awaken with a more adult-like sense of self.

She was something between an amasogi and a tsugumomo. I'd place her as closer to a tsugumomo than an amasogi though.
>>
>>144185905
Don't think that's it, she references being able to 'sense' connections somehow. And that she must've been mistaken when she thought there was a nineteenth.
>>
>>144187679
How can you respect somebody who just replaces his life compagnions in a blink of an eye. You're not a "bitch boy" if you grief over the loss of a dear friend.
>>144187750
It's just weird how 2 of the main characters died and their deaths got barely screentime. I mean you see one panel where Kiriha is impaled and one panel where Kukuri lost her gem. After that the Kazuya is like "I will just keep fighting so that their sacrifice isn't in vain" and the manga just continues on. It's just pretty anticlimatic if you think that the death of a main character should be a huge event and turning point.
>>
Can someone tell me what kind of Object Shinobu is?
>>
>>144187629
He's still in the denial phase.

Fuck, I'm still in the denial phase, and I'll stay here until Kiriha comes back.
>>
File: 1466126089696.png (130 KB, 744x248) Image search: [Google]
1466126089696.png
130 KB, 744x248
It's weird that these aren't on the translators page
>>144188616
from what I've seen on the stream it's just Kyouka and Kazuya literally fucking like horny rabbits but he drew a cover with Kiriha on it so maybe there's hope
>>
>>144188802
Kyouka needs to be mindbroken

Cant wait
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 728x1035) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 728x1035
Are the Tsukomogami merely your tool or are they your equal?
>>
>>144189157
Sex tools
>>
File: 1467716175113.png (185 KB, 818x1200) Image search: [Google]
1467716175113.png
185 KB, 818x1200
>>144185726
>senses 19 tsukumogami
>only 18 there
if you can't figure it out, you're retarded
>>
>>144189157
Equals. Sentient beings with wills of their own and a desire to live, plus the possibility of procreation between humans and tsugumomo means the only real difference to me is they come from tools and I came from a vagina.

>>144188499
Still hoping someone has an answer to this.
>>
File: Tsugumomo Kukuri.png (185 KB, 805x956) Image search: [Google]
Tsugumomo Kukuri.png
185 KB, 805x956
>>144189157
I want to be Kukuri's tool, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>144189341
She was talking about Kyouka, I believe. She'd know Kyouka was with them when Kazuya and the rest went to liberate them. Shinobu must have assumed that Kyouka had already contracted with Kazuya before they were saved or some time in the interim between then and the scene in this page. She didn't sense any tsukumogami; she just assumed.
>>
>>144189487

He'd already been feeding Kyouka energy a few times by then so he had a partial connection anyway. I think it was just foreshadowing that Kazuya would contract with her, even though she'd turned him down before.
>>
File: image.jpg (362 KB, 750x1062) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
362 KB, 750x1062
>>144189404
Try telling that to this guy.
>>
>>144189625
That's just conjecture on your part. Why would there even be a "partial connection"? Or why is there something like a "partial connection" in the first place when there's nothing like that (a connection being made between a tsugumomo and a person from rubbing their bodies together and transferring energy that way) in the story? There's nothing that could even be taken as referring to something like a "partial connection", is there?

Also, again, Shinobu probably didn't sense any connections. She was likely just assuming from seeing Kyouka, who should have been reported back to Mayoiga as having returned to being a normal flute after her and the other rogues first tried attacking Kukuri.
>>
>>144185726
You're an idiot if you actually believe this.
>>
>>144189862
And you're an idiot for not believing it.
>>
This series has way too many fucking characters whose names start with a K.
>>
>>144190161
>Kazuya, Kiriha, Kukuri, Kanaka, Kyouka
Who else?
>>
>>144190161
In Japanese they don't think of it as starting with the K sound.
ka , ku, kyou, etc are all diferent
>>
>>144189627
I predict him dying to the hands of this puppet he's taking out of cold storage. His days are numbered.
>>
I've been out of the loop this year.
Why aren't these last chapters in the gdocs or moe site? only in online readers and sicret klub.
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 1024x768
Forgot their name but How would you handle the group of tsukomogami that want no masters?
>Suffered at the hands of abusive and cruel humans
>Killed a god to create a safe haven and will continue to do so
I mean i get what they want but theres gotta be a better way to do it.
>>
>>144190284

Kokuyou. Kazuaki (his dad). Kaneyama (loan shark god). Kotetsu.

I may have forgotten a few among the Mayoiga.

There's a couple among his classmates as well.
>>
>>144190943
I want to say for the ones that actually carried out the first murder they're the ones I would have to be punished. Regardless of their circumstances they kill a God who had a lot on her plate at the time. However the members that were introduced after the original murder they're not really guilty of anything other than seeking Refuge from abusive owners. They are innocent of the original crime, but some therapy would be mandatory.
>>
>>144188616
You can't just delete the main cover girl halfway through the series. Kiriha will come back and the notion that people want Flute to replace her permanently sickens me deeply. Plus the action scenes have way more variety with Kiriha due to the transformation. Flute would just spam her sounds, nothing more.
>>
>>144193071

I'd rather she stay dead than be brought back through some lame asspull. The mangaka spelled out what kills tsugumomo pretty early on just for that moment. If she comes back ANYway then what was the fucking point?

Shit happens and what sickens me more is that the author might buckle under fan or editorial pressure to undo an entire story arc because he rocked the boat too much. That shit is EXACTLY why manga as a whole are stagnating in a quagmire of trope ridden formulaic stories.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.