[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ergo Proxy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Ergo_Proxy_Set_1_cover.jpg (35 KB, 230x324) Image search: [Google]
Ergo_Proxy_Set_1_cover.jpg
35 KB, 230x324
I just finished this last night and I'm always down for second opinions. What did /a/ think?
>>
It was pretty good, but it often got its head too deep up its own ass for its own good and ended up coming out as pretentious.

Also, Pino a best
>>
>>144180241
yeah, I didn't really understand much about even the basic story until I read an explanation online.
>>
>>144181196
The story is actually pretty straightforward, you are just retarded, m8
>>
>>144181293

It's just the 2004 Evanesence tour without concert footage, basically.
>>
>>144181293
i know im not a smart fella but there's still a lot they couldve explained better.
>>
>>144179792
No matter what kind of expectations you have, this show will defy them.

It;s a great watch if you just entrust yourself to Shukou Murase's smooth direction though.
>>
>>144182002
Loke what
>>
The absolute best episode is the one where they were stranded and Re-L was going all Jane Goodall on Vince and Pino.

If only the show weren't trying so hard to beat you over the head with "this is an intelligent anime for intellectuals" then it would have been fantastic, but sadly it went a little overboard with that.
>>
I wish they released a novel or something explaining what happened when the original humans came back.

Also I thought that the proxies basically being vampires at the end was kinda cool. There are tons of implications that I would have loved to see explored more.
>>
File: Texhnolyze.full.203842.jpg (173 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Texhnolyze.full.203842.jpg
173 KB, 1024x768
For a dystopian anime it was heavy handed in it's themes. I think it was trying to emulate Blame! too much. Texhnolyze had a much better well everything.

witch hunter robin was also similar, but better.
>>
I enjoyed it much more the second time through, understanding about the original humans and proxies. I like that the main players in the Dome, Raul and Daedulus just go nuts towards the end.

Raul shouldve done it tho.
>>
>>144180241
>but it often got its head too deep up its own ass for its own good
Anime is so often just simple pulpy adventure that I appreciate when one at least tries to also be about larger ideas and that aren't simply "the power of love, courage and/or friendship".
>>
>>144179792
WAKE ME UP
>>
File: pouty pino.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pouty pino.png
1 MB, 1280x720
Really disliked it at first, but after thinking about it over time and rewatching, it's one of my favourites. Pino is perfect.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.