[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I start to get into this series? What's my starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (46 KB, 832x120) Image search: [Google]
file.png
46 KB, 832x120
Where do I start to get into this series?
What's my starting point senpaitachi. I don't watch anime at all but this thing looks alright and reminds me of the shit I used to watch as a kid that would get dubbed over to english
>>
>>144151813
read the first manga
watch the first movie
That's really all you need; the rest is kinda meh.
>>
>>144152121
thanks bro I'll do that :))
>>
>>144151813
Manga
Original movie
Stand Alone Complex
stop
>>
>>144152121
>>144153237

Don't listen to these tards.

Ghost in the shell movie
Stand Alone Complex
Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig

The manga is literally info dumping to the highest order and I guarantee you will be bored very soon because the author likes to build the world but not really focus on the plot so much.
>>
>>144153330
Yes but the manga has one thing SAC doesn't: it looks good.
It's enjoyable to look at. It's not dull as fuck like SAC.
Also GitS never had a strong plot.
>>
>>144151813
If you are a cyberpunk/futurist nerd then you may find the manga interesting.

If you are a casual consumer then what >>144153330 is your best point of entry.

The new series, Arise, isn't that great so I wouldn't recommend it unless you have already read/watched everything else and just want more GitS.
>>
I'm a very credible person so do as I suggest
>Ghost in the shell (1995) first
>Ghost in the shell TV 1st season
>Ghost in the shell TV 2nd season
>Ghost in the shell Innocence
>Ghost in the shell SSS
>And rewatch Ghost in the shell (1995) again after 3 years of watching it for the first time.

I swear, you will never get to watch a better series than GiTS in your entire life
>>
File: teeheetoko.png (46 KB, 139x114) Image search: [Google]
teeheetoko.png
46 KB, 139x114
>>144156022
>I swear, you will never get to watch a better series than GiTS in your entire life

Very credible indeed.

No reason to doubt you, no sir.
>>
>>144156022
your order is all fucked up

>1995
>Innocence
>SAC
>SAC season 2
>SSS
>>
>>144151813
GITS > Innocence > SAC > 2ND GIG > SSS > ARISE > ALT ARCH (episode 9 + 10) > The New Movie
>>
>>144157725
This is objectively correct.
>>
>>144157769
When me and my brother rewatched we watched just Alt Arch. The fuck were they thinking with that ordering? Just made the entire thing more complicated
>>
First manga > errything.

Even with its fucked up storytelling and boring plots.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.