[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monogatari thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Bestarc.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bestarc.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
Best arc?
Best Character?
How would you rate the show?
I actually think Araragi is one of the best Mc's ever made
>>
>Best arc
The last one of the second season, Hitagi something.
>Best character
My brain says Kaiki, my heart says Hanekawa, my dick says Shinobu.
>How would you rate the show?
I don't like assigning numbers but let's just say it's a favorite of mine and one of the shows that year that got me posting on /a/ (the other being Railgun). I enjoyed Bakemonogatari the most, followed closely by the second season. Nise, Owari, etc. were all okay.
>>
>>144129493
Good taste anon,
I agree with the arc, it's called Koimonogatari and is the one in the picture.
Kaiki is great and shinobu too but Senjougahara>Hanekawa
>>
>Best arc?
First half of Owari, if I'm allowed to group all that stuff together due to how interconnected they all are

>Best character
Either Snail or Ougi

>How would you rate the show?
Every single season is massively hit-or-miss from arc-to-arc I feel, but all in all I enjoy the ride. I prefer the more character-centric arcs to the plot-heavy ones personally.

>I actually think Araragi is one of the best Mc's ever made
Not my favorite MC by any means but I like him a lot. Kinda shit from a "heroic" perspective but that's part of his charm I feel, and without hindsight it's sorta hard to fault him for a lot of the shit that ends up happening like people love to do nowadays, while glossing over the faults of other characters that he's compared to. His relationship with Shinobu feels like an absolute clusterfuck development-wise though.
>>
>>144129244

> Best Arc?

All of Kaki's arcs

> Best Character?

Kaki and female Arargi.

> How would you rate the show?

A dead tree.

> I actually think Araragi is one of the best Mc's ever made.

Like Rohal Dahl's Witches with the main character, the main character himself is just the narrator, which I like. The show puts him on the side instead on the pedestal which is great unlike the other shitty show Mahouka with Jesus-kun where it's the complete opposite where everything revolves around him.
>>
>>144130137

>Not my favorite MC by any means but I like him a lot. Kinda shit from a "heroic" perspective but that's part of his charm I feel, and without hindsight it's sorta hard to fault him for a lot of the shit that ends up happening like people love to do nowadays, while glossing over the faults of other characters that he's compared to. His relationship with Shinobu feels like an absolute clusterfuck development-wise though.

You completely missed the point of Araragi, he's the narrator, that's all he is.
>>
>>144130465
Not at all, he has his own character arc running through the entire series. He doesn't continuously try to sacrifice himself for others 'just because'.
>>
>>144130465

If you look futhur into his name if you see google translate his kanji name translates to Araragi Calendar.

Now this is poor localization, it's more like Araragi's Diary which is the essence of the Monogatori series which means he's the narrator of the series reading out the events in his diary.

You have to remember that this show is full of word play.
>>
>>144130465
how does him being the narrator conflict with anything I said? Unless you're saying that he has no relationships with any of the characters and has no involvement in the plot, which was all I was talking about
>>
>>144130684

It doesn't conflict but you missed probably the crucial point why Araragi is there. The whole thing could run without him as shown in the final arc of the series where he is sent to nakara.
>>
>>144130889
Did I say anywhere in my post that I felt that everything in the plot revolved around Araragi?

>The whole thing could run without him as shown in the final arc of the series where he is sent to nakara.
Sort of, that's twisting the purpose of those scenes though. The punishments he was recieving in Hell were there to hammer into Araragi's head that the story doesn't outright revolve around him and to exagerrate mistakes he was making, something he was already beating himself up over at the time. They weren't there to say "hey, the story is exactly the same without you there", it seperated out each vision + his reactions to each for a reason. Shinobu & the vampire guy spawning in the middle of town at full strength changes things dramatically if you want to try and take the visions that literally.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.