[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a better anime about young girls than CCS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: image.gif (991 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
991 KB, 500x375
Is there a better anime about young girls than CCS?
>>
There are.
>>
CCS is about a Kaiju, not a girl.
>>
>>144115785
Touya get out
>>
I started watching CCS from the beginning a few weeks ago and I gotta say I'm really enjoying it.

I remember seeing the dub on TV as a kid and thinking it was kinda ehh but the original is pretty comfy. I really love the art style in particular, there's something about that hand drawn 90's animation that just feels so warm and loveable.
>>
Should we expect to be disappointed with the new anime? At least the manga continuation looks the same.
>>
>>144115540
HOE?!!
>>
There is no anime better than CCS.
>>
>>144116084
Same here, got curious when it did so well in the 1998 best anime poll here.
The first thing that surprised me was the quality of the animation. For a show aimed at a younger audience it's superb (vintage Madhouse). Character designs still look modern and haven't dated much, except the male ones.
And the plots have much more depth than your regular mahou shoujo, breaking up the traditional monster of the week formula in favor of character exploration and development.
And of course Sakura is an all-time classic cutie.
>>
>>144117176
>>144116084
It is a shame you didn't get to see it much when you were younger. Some of my fondest memories are watching Card Captor Sakura with my sister after school and then running around the fields pretending we were magical girls.

I'm glad you both enjoy it now though.
>>
>>144115237
Kodomo no Jikan
>>
Madoka, Love Live, GuP are better.
>>
>>144117741
Madoka is a turn on the magical girl concept. I love Madoka, but I've liked CCS a lot.

I've seen the series recently, never watched it before. It's entertaining, but I was annoyed at the little to none explanations. The manga is better explaining and linking stuff. Also, I prefer the manga ending.
>>
>>144116152
Dunno... will the anime be a sequel of the CCS anime? or the manga? My expectations are no high.
>>
>>144117741
>Love Live
Love Live is utter garbage.
>>
>>144117741
I'll give you Madoka but Love Live is complete shit.
>>
>>144117176
The show is just simply beautiful. Cell painting is vastly superior to digital.
>>
>>144115237
Honest question, do most Sakura fans genuinely believe the show is of quality or is there some other reason?
>>
File: hug.gif (999 KB, 495x367) Image search: [Google]
hug.gif
999 KB, 495x367
Yes
>>
>>144122808
The animation gets a bit lackluster at certain points, but for a magical girl anime it's pretty fucking good.

Nostalgia probably also plays a big part in it as well.
>>
>>144122808
Apparently. I'm too new to this series so nostalgia googles don't work on me, but I noticed the animation was done with care. It's not so QUALITY but it's pretty good. Also, Sakura had a lot of garments and they animated a "release" for each of them.
>>
>>144122808
Do you think CCS is a meme show? No it's probably the best mahou shoujo ever.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.