[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that visual direction, OST and development This show has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77
File: rezero15.jpg (45 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
rezero15.jpg
45 KB, 600x337
>that visual direction, OST and development

This show has no right to be this good
>>
>>144069699
>all these fucking threads
shows still good tho
>>
>>144069699
>has no right to be this good
Don't worry, it isn't.
>>
>>144069699
>>144070813
thread
>>
>>144069699
not this naruto-tier shit again
>>
Reddit:Zero
>>
Haven't watched this but God the fanbase is cancerous.
>>
It really wasn't that good
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-12-02-26-08.png (273 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-12-02-26-08.png
273 KB, 800x480
I barely got done binge watching it, it's alright, the beginning reeked of steins;gate though
>>
Why is everyone praising this shittier rehash of Steins;Gate?
>>
>>144069699
all the praise for this episode kinda make me want to watch the show. but honestly i'm just sick and tired of isekai stories, wether it's in anime, manga or LN/WN. i've read/watched enough of these, i'm just tired of it.
maybe i'll marathon it in a few years.
>>
>>144069699
the part where it showed he was just suddenly frozen was on point
>>
File: Bonfire.jpg (29 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Bonfire.jpg
29 KB, 800x450
Bonfires man. Bonfires.
>>
>>144072799

It really was that good though. I'd say way above average.
>>
>>144073265
It's not worth watching this anime JUST for this episode. If you like watching characters getting their just deserts I guess you'd enjoy it. But I still don't like sitting through a character being cringey, irrational, and all around stupid.

Everyone just praising it because shock value similar to Elfen Lied or Higurashi
>>
File: Re_Zero_Volume_8_5.png (672 KB, 765x1080) Image search: [Google]
Re_Zero_Volume_8_5.png
672 KB, 765x1080
>>144073436
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIX_-AMuAhY

>Minute 1.45
>Betelgeuse uses Authority of Sloth.
>>
The amount of contrarians just evidences how good it really is
>>
>>144073608
no. that's not what it usually means.
>>
We finally have our AOTS and AOTY contender.
>>
>>144073656
Call an average tier show good. Some people agree, some don't
Call a good show good. 50 people out of nowhere call it absolute shit
>>
File: 1356397496450.jpg (3 MB, 1776x3447) Image search: [Google]
1356397496450.jpg
3 MB, 1776x3447
>>144073608
Your right anon, Sword Art Online was also a good show but everyone just wanted to be contrarian.

/a/ universally liked Steins;Gate when it was airing faggot like everyone else. Everyone just looking for non gary stu characters so they'll put anything on a pedestal.
>>
File: First Lord of Sin. Sloth..jpg (221 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
First Lord of Sin. Sloth..jpg
221 KB, 1280x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIJyxJQovdY
Let me tell you a story little boy. a Tale of a Dark Lady whose power was devoid of limit. And when her lover, the Dark Lord of Cinder died. She maddened and dwelled in ways to revive him but alas, not even necromancy could fullfill the void she had came to have. Perpetual winter, as if time had frozen came to the land until the witch found a gap. And from that gap of fate, she sucked into her world the alternative version of her loved lord, a young naive and powerless human teen named....Subaru.
A Nameless Accursed Undead. Unable to find piece until he is reunited with the one who so brought him forth into the world.
>>
>>144073706
and what happens when you call a bad show good? like with klk?
same thing.
>>
>>144073737
Steins;Gate (the VN) is good.
>>
>>144073777
Nobody cares because not many people watchbad shows.
>>
>>144073777
Arguably average
>>144073737
Difference is SAO wasn't well liked (read:not popular, liked) even outside of /a/, unlike this
>>
>>144069699
It's a bad show, get over it.
>>
>>144073777
No, you fucking idiot, this is just the new wave of trolls and fucking newfags that enjoy spitting on everything just for the sake of doing it. /a/ universally loved shows like Madoka Magica or Disappearance and such shows are now being spit on by a lot of people. It's just contrarian idiots being contrarian. 4chan's /a/ is beyond saving and you faggots better accept that people like a show for what it is. You probably haven't even watched it and stopped at the "HURRR ISEKAI" synopsis.
>>
>hurr Im insane all of a sudden
>derrp I stopped being insane
>lulsorandom mid-game boss with shittier VA appears
>daiiiiiii suki MC-kun
>wow mc died again so epic

AOTY!
>>
>>144073921
>You must be 18 year of age of older to post on this website
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>144069699
And it isn't. Pretending to like this show is a new meme.
>>
>>144073874
I suggest making an account on reddit and using /r/anime as your main discussion board. It seems much more appropriate for someone like you than /a/.
>>
>>144073921
For fucks sake he just watched everyone he cared about and loved die in a horrible manner because of his inability to fight, which he has none, only to suffer such tragedy again and again, until he finds a loop hole.

Seriously, pity the fool.
>>
>>144073874
I unironically like isekai even the generic one but I can sit back and say yeah this isn't exactly fine literature.

They're people in ReZero thread calling this to be an AOTY contender when it's really not. I myself cannot enjoy characters like Subaru but whatever my opinion. However it STILL took 15 episodes for this to be actually good, which no one can really tell me why this episode was especially good other then MUH DESPAIR. Yeah totally worth sitting through 15 episodes of shit to get through
>>
>>144073921
>watching 15 episodes of something you don't like
Sasuga
>>
>>144073940

I'm not the one praising a shit-tier episode as some milestone in storytelling. Reddit is though

This suffering bullshit is as deep and meaningfull as fucking Akame ga kill at this point but somehow Re:zero gets a free pass. Why?
>>
>>144074003
>>144074010
See>>144074006
If you don't like it stop bumping its threads you fucking summerfriends
>>
>>144074006
>>144074037
>Wow /a/ is saying this is pretty good
>It's not
Sasuga let's not have anime discussion on the anime board.
>>
>>144069699
>>144073979
>>144073874
>>144073608
I haven't watched a single second of Re:Zero, but reading posts like these, I can see it's popular with retards, which generally isn't a good sign.
>>
>>144074003
Do you honestly think that people who has been on /a/ long enough to call it AOTY considers this AOTY? The only time you'll see someone who considers it an AOTY is by the way he types. But you'd have to be a contrarian piece of shit not to notice all the effort the studio put in the last episode despite its shitty source material.
>>
File: 1468128130632.png (65 KB, 286x308) Image search: [Google]
1468128130632.png
65 KB, 286x308
>>144073874
yeah i didn't, i'm >>144073436
i'm not really hating on it either though. just curious as to which side is right.

disappearance is well liked and with madoka it usually comes down to actual opinion. it probably is the same with this one. but the fact that you compare re:zero to those shows just makes me believe that you're probably more biased than not.
of course i haven't even watched it so i should just shut up.
>>
>>144074096
As opposed to genius intellectual anime connoisseurs such as yourself?
>>
>>144074096
I watched the 1st ep and I agree
>>
File: 1465025790713.png (684 KB, 810x720) Image search: [Google]
1465025790713.png
684 KB, 810x720
>all this butthurt to a fucking cartoon
You can always stop watching, you know.
>>
>>144074168
Man, you're a fucking dumbass. The "wow you're an expert" comment is way too fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1449447865532.png (199 KB, 620x347) Image search: [Google]
1449447865532.png
199 KB, 620x347
>>144074010
>/a/ is one person
Damn that Anonymous guy just giving out free passes.
>>
>>144074096
It's popular with retards because it's popular in general.
I recommend watching it after it's finished airing so you don't get caught up in this nonsense.
>>
>>144073960
I've never said it yet but
Stop trying to fit in so fucking hard, you probably weren't on the board a year ago.
Just because it's /a/ doesn't mean you HAVE to shit on everything. People here even shit on Evangelion of all things nowadays. You gotta stop being a fucking jerk sometimes and just relax.

But I bet you only watch intelligent anime for intelligent people like you while polishing your fedora folded a 1000 times.

>>144074003
But it was genuinely good during a lot of parts. It never was AMAZING and had lots of boring parts but there's a lot of stuff that made it good like Subaru's development, the direction that changes very aptly depending on the situation, the effort the studio puts in making the show (they even skip the shitty OPs and EDs to cram as much content as possible inside the 2 cours), the sound direction and the various plot twists.

I'm not saying it's an AWESOME anime, I'm just saying it's nothing to scoff at and that people are just acting contrarian to avoid recognizing true effort. But hey, this comes from a board that laps up "comfy" moe shows without development so I get it takes out of your comfort zone.
>>
>>144074104
from the sound of all this it just sounds like a well directed episode.
this does not make a great anime and it actually makes it justified for people to compare this to elfen lied. and by extension this makes you an entry level retard
>>
>The explosion didn't cause the forest fire.

I'll just attribute that to some MAGICAL LEAVES AND BARK shit. Otherwise, as someone who kinda works with forests, I'd be very triggered.
>>
>>144074216
Or, you can stop browsing reddit.
Fucking faggot.
>>
>>144074168
Did I imply I was some sort of connoisseur? You sound like someone who's upset over people criticizing a show you love.

I have no intention of watching this show, because seeing people as stupid as yourself adore it makes me think it will be a complete waste of time.
>>
>>144074286
I respect you opinion, but why are you posting about it if you never intend on watching? Go do something you like instead
>>
>>144074245
It is a well directed episode and that's exactly what I said. I never said it was a great anime you fucking retard. Maybe you should learn to type first before calling me an entry level, fucking summer.
>>
File: 1436316304557.png (956 KB, 950x1050) Image search: [Google]
1436316304557.png
956 KB, 950x1050
>>144074313
>respecting the opinion of a retard talking shit about a show he hasn't watched yet because of the fanbase
>>
>>144074313
That's what I normally do, but when there are threads like this flooding the catalog, I'll give my 2 cents.
>>
>>144073687
Who is "We"?
>>
>>144074317
well what the fuck do you think aoty/s means? also just look at the OP. suddenly this show is "good" even though it was shit for 14 episoded.
>>
>>144074447
A shit /int/ meme
>>
>>144074401
>respecting the opinion of a retard talking shit about a show
Since when did I ever express my opinion or talk shit about the show? You're just exposing your insecurities over having your favorite show criticized.

Again, this just further proves that morons do indeed adore this show, which is why I'm ill inclined to give it a chance.
>>
File: 4ba.jpg (28 KB, 485x480) Image search: [Google]
4ba.jpg
28 KB, 485x480
>>144074313
>Respecting people who get pissy over the amount of threads and don't even bother to watch the show before they give their "2 cents"

There's a point where one should not respect shit.
>>
>>144074457
Did I even say or imply it was AOTY? Did I anon? Are you incapable of reading sentences?
>>
>>144074401
>>144074490
Anons, if I told him to fuck off like he should, he'd just further shit up the thread with this>>144074486
>>
File: 1460891889282.jpg (153 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1460891889282.jpg
153 KB, 500x385
>>144074232
Just because something has good production values doesn't make it good anime. It's not contrarian to say that Evangelion was pretentious.

All of that praise towards production values and consistency, why don't you just watch a Kyoani anime then?
>They skip the shitty OPs and EDs to cram as much content
That just shows that they literally can't pace this anime well enough, are you even an anime fan? OP/ED can be incredibly important to setting tone. Subaru's development is nonsense, it takes 15 episodes for him ...too get angry? Rem goes from killing the MC to wanting to die for him in all of two episodes (How convenient for him to forget that Rem spilled his guts out not even a few days ago.) Plot twists are Subaru dies because he's at the wrong place at the wrong time, gee wiz what brilliant story telling.
>>
>one of the only good shows of the season
>/a/ shits all over it because they dont like the people that like it

OK.
>>
>>144074158
I'm not comparing those shows to Re:Zero, my good man, you've misunderstood my post. I'm simply pointing out that there's been a huge contrarianism spike recently by using shows that had unanimous praise from 4chan back when they aired and comparing with the recent backlash by people shitting on said shows.

https://wiki.puella-magi.net/Threads
>>
>>144074552
>if i say its a plot hole it is one
>im autistic and dont understand how people in the real world work

Alright man, you can go back to your "real anime" now
>>
>>144074520
Ignoring my initial reply?

Looks like I'll keep posting in these threads then. Watching kids get angry over criticism is pretty funny; I don't even need to watch the show to wind you up.
>>
>>144074495
>reading comprehension
>you
at point do you think this became about (you) specifically?
>>
>>144074553
How is it good? Do go into further detail without referencing episode 15.
>>
>>144074486
>but reading posts like these, I can see it's popular with retards
>I have no intention of watching this show, because seeing people as stupid as yourself adore it makes me think it will be a complete waste of time.
>The fanbase is shit, the show must be too! I'm better than these people hurr hurr
Or are you trying to imply something else? This isn't even my favorite show but you're the one putting airs here. Your 2 cents isn't worth shit when it isn't about anime. You're in /a/ not /blog/ if I recall.
>>
>>144070571
it's just the fanbase
it's pretty cancerous at the moment
even manage to be more annoying than kabaneri's
>>
>>144074557
but you are comparing them. you're saying that said "contrarianism" applies to this show as well.
but this show hasn't even finished airing. it's really not comparable to those other two.
>>
>>144074627
I'm not going to bother writing something long for you to shitpost at so here's the main points:-Subaru has believable human bean flaws
-The world is interesting
-Good production values with god tier animation, directing, voice casting, OP/ED and OSTs
-Rarely seen good and somewhat subtle writing

That's about it
>>
>>144073979
>For fucks sake he just watched everyone he cared about and loved die in a horrible manner because of his inability to fight
Doesn't that happen in every episode? I've read that so many times before, it's really hard to see the current episode as a milestone for the show.
>>
>>144074604
>make a comment that people calling it AOTY aren't serious because the poster is bitching about people calling it AOTY
>Agree that episode 15 is pretty good
>hurr (You) an entry level retard is not good anime do you even know what AOTY means
I dunno anon, are we even on the same page here?
>>
>>144074635
>Your 2 cents isn't worth shit
It's called 2 cents for a reason, idiot.

>You're in /a/ not /blog/ if I recall.
Presenting a view is blogging is it? Only further proving your stupidity here, friend.

>The fanbase is shit, the show must be too!
Pretty much. When braindeads like yourself are utterly captivated by the story and characters, then something is probably wrong.
>>
tfw i might dump my gf because she will never be rem.

That's it, anime ruined my life.
>>
>its an everyone acts like a retard all the time anime

FUG someone just make a good decision already

literally tell anyone that roswaal is evil and there we go problem solved Emilia can get knights protecting her or some shit
>>
>>144074708
>Subaru has believable human bean flaws
>bean
As if it wasn't already glaringly apparent this show appealed to idiots.

Also, you don't seem to understand the idea of going into further detail. It's easy to say a character has "believable human bean flaws", but if you're incapable of elaborating on those flaws, or explaining how they're well executed, you're just an idiot babbling about things you don't understand.

>-The world is interesting
Cool. How?

>-Good production values with god tier animation, directing, voice casting, OP/ED and OSTs
and this is based on?

>-Rarely seen good and somewhat subtle writing
Really? Like what?

Do you know what "good and somewhat subtle writing" is? Do you actually understand what you're talking about here?

>That's about it
It's about as worthless as I expected.
>>
>>144074708
>Subaru has believable human bean flaws.
Can we just say he has flaws please?
>The world is interesting
It's a generic isekai setting, there's no world building at all.
>good production values
Ok
>rarely seen good and somewhat subtle writing
This is the point that everyone is being "contrarian" about.
>>
>>144074786
If I can't find a girl like Rem, then I'd rather stay single forever.
>>
>>144074552
Okay, your post is so full of bullshit it reeks of newfaggotry but I'll just point out every one of your mistakes just because I feel like doing it right now.
>Just because something has good production values doesn't make it good anime
I said "good direction" only. As a matter of fact, Re:Zero doesn't have that good production values as animation is just normal outside of sudden sakuga spikes from time to time and designs are average as fuck. Also, there are lots of things that bother me about it but I can actually use my head and adapt instead of just asking for spoonfeeding

>It's not contrarian to say that Evangelion was pretentious.
Who gives a shit? It's a good show with plenty of themes, lots of good action, sakuga works, brillantly depicted characters and so many more things. Just because it talked about human psychology and it flew over your head means you should dislike it and shitpost about it? No. Eva is an objectively good show.

>That just shows that they literally can't pace this anime well enough
This shows that they are actually taking the time to adapt as faithfully as possible a medium in which details and atmosphere are important. Using OP and ED like a fucking clockwork is detrimental to atmosphere because it reinforces the impression that you're viewing a fucking ad and it breaks the mood. The episode 7 and episode 15 endings wouldn't have been as good as they are if they hadn't put insert songs that actually match the mood, and they can actually use the songs brilliant over scenes that actually benefit from them like the Subaru and Emilia talking about date, Subaru going back to the mansion and discovering Rem's body and so on. THIS is actually setting the tone right, just like YuYuYu modified appropriately the EDs according the tone at the end of each episode and changed the OP and ED visuals to match the progression. Such things actually are proof of great direction skills and care from the studio that did the anime.

(cont.)
>>
>>144074863
>I'm not going to bother writing something long for you to shitpost at so here's the main points

Here you go friend, since you missed it
>>
>>144074879
Ram is better.
>>
>>144074946
What a compelling smug anime girl image tier argument.
>>
>>144074946
You can wriggle your way out of an explanation all you like, it's still abundantly clear that you're a complete idiot who was never capable of doing so.
>>
File: 1455833779736.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1455833779736.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>>144074627
>How is it good?
Small plot points that you wouldn't get the first time through if you are anime only. Keeps those that have read the LN interested in seeing what other ways the anime tells the story that was laid out pretty ordinarily in the source. After this arc is over you can go back and watch the mansion arc again to see some of the subtle hints that are given, or just read it yourself to figure this one out.

The author is heavily invested into ReZero overall as a piece. I can't really recall the last time I saw an author as vocal and likable as Nagatsuki. Maybe Nasu would be the closest thing to the amount of interaction Nagatsuki gives out. Check out his twitter if you like and if you can't read moon there are usually TLs of the more interesting stuff posted.
>>
>>144075014
>>144075015
Ok, then, let's how you'll do.
Explain to me using at least 200 words why it's not a good anime
>>
>>144075036
He can't man, he's just good at asking question.
>>
>>144075036
200 words for explaining why he doesn't like the fanbase? A bit much isn't it?
>>
>>144074104
No.

Only normies like Re:Zero >>144056383 and you can guarantee they've seen less then 10+ anime aside from the commercialized and mainstream anime.
>>
>>144073436
>OP talks about direction, OST and development of the episode
>shock value

I really don't think is about the shock value.

If it was, people would be talking more about the girl getting killed than the ending scene.
>>
>>144075075
>normies

Kill yourself cancer.
>>
>>144075065
Dont wriggle your way out of an explanation
:^)
>>
>>144074552
>>144074938
>it takes 15 episodes for him ...too get angry?
You've understood absolutely nothing, have you? Subaru underwent several phases in which his personality evolved and degraded with the hardships he endured. If you actually compared the guy from episode 1, episode 7, episode 10, episode 13 and episode 15, you'd see that his sanity is slipping away and revealing troubles like attachment problems, egocentrism and creepy possessiveness and a start of actual madness.

>Rem goes from killing the MC to wanting to die for him in all of two episodes
Dude risked his life to save kids of a village and proved to be worthy trust beyond his foul smell, but he also risked everything again to save her in the forest and faced a giant monster he had no hope of defeating alone just to save the twins. Add to that the ending dialogue they had and it's understandable why she would actually like him.

>Plot twists are Subaru dies because he's at the wrong place at the wrong time, gee wiz what brilliant story telling.
No, plot twist are the universe unveiling itself little by little and showing that every party has underlying problems or values that has the MC undergo difficult situations.
>>
>>144075036
That's not how arguments work, m8. You're the one throwing unbacked shit.
>>
>>144074076
/a/ is not a individual.
>>
>>144075099
Holy shit anon I didn't realize opinions needed objective facts to be considered 'backed'.
This changes everything, I guess I should just ignore my previous post>>144074708 like you did because It lacked citations, brb
>>
i actually liked some of the early episodes and thought this one was terrible, why is a so hyped?

nothing of substance happened, it was just edgy shit and some generic LE CRAZY character introduced

any plot or character development or even meaningful interactions between characters? nope just gore and torture and a timeline we knew would reset from the start

guess i would have liked it when i was 16
>>
>>144074258
By this post its easy to see that its not popular with retards, just like its popular with retards.
>>
>>144075093
>
Dude risked his life to save kids of a village and proved to be worthy trust beyond his foul smell, but he also risked everything again to save her in the forest and faced a giant monster he had no hope of defeating alone just to save the twins. Add to that the ending dialogue they had and it's understandable why she would actually like him.

What a shitty writing but I still like it.
>>
>>144075157
>edgy

There's that buzzword again.
>>
I don't know anything about this but I bet that /a/ only watch this shit for the waifus, right?
>>
>>144075088
I-I just don't like the attention on this show.
Why aren't you watching the show I like ;_;
>>
>>144074590
What a sad life you live anon.
>>
The first arc was good, the second one was shit. 14 and 15 have a shock value, without a bit of tension though because lol reset, and good OST. That's all.
>>
>>144075219
And gore, waifus and gore.
>>
>>144074096
>>144074778
>>144075015
>>144074938
>>144075177
>>144075186
>>144075219
>>144075230

so much bait in here
a thread full of endless shits
let's gobble it all
>>
>>144075219
I love to watch people despair.
>>
>>144075230
Where do you think you are? 4chan runs on sadness.
>>
>>144075219
No, I'm watching for a guy getting full of himself and sees that he can't do shit.
Feels fucking wonderful, I don't care if its edgy or not.
>>
File: 1453960407241.jpg (50 KB, 780x535) Image search: [Google]
1453960407241.jpg
50 KB, 780x535
>ESLfag quoting as many people as possible to try to get a reply
Don't fall for it.
>>
Huh, I didn't expect /a/'s defense system to trigger this late for this show.
>>
File: 1468244529788.png (588 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1468244529788.png
588 KB, 1440x810
there are literally 8 re:zero topics right now
>>
>>144075230
Careful, he might smite you with his 2 cents of edge.
>>
>>144075256
Do you prefer a hugbox mentality? Get out of /a/ then.
>>
>>144075295
Because it was contained before the 15th episode spam in catalog.
>>
>>144075295
You're a part of it, why didn't you say anything?
>>
>>144075178
I don't see how it's shit. Emilia supported Subaru at that time which actually had an impact on Rem (pillow scene). When adding Subaru's episodes in the forest and risking everything to save kids and her, Rem finally understood that she had mistaken Subaru just because she felt the awful stench of the Witch. It's actually development on her part to come to understand that things aren't always what they seem and that she shouldn't always rush to conclusions. Add to that the fact that he helped her with her self-esteem issues regarding Ram and what happened back when her village was attacked, you don't need much more to win the heart of a devoted maid.
>>
>>144074313
The only opinion you should not respect is from someone that didn't even watch the show

>I watched and its shit
is the same as
>I'm watching and its great

but
>I didn't even watch, but people talking about it triggers me
is just being a shit.
>>
>>144075065
>>144075099
Still waiting for you shitposters to reply back. Come on, were those 2 posts of mine really that harsh? I don't think I'm that good at arguing
>>
>>144073575
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SW28K2xrH8

>first 2 minutes
>Subaru walks into a snowing village carrying Rem
>>
>>144074552
>All of that praise towards production values and consistency, why don't you just watch a Kyoani anime then?
>this
>this post

Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>144072777
>fanbase talks about how they like the show instead of edgy "its trash but i like it" /a/ meme
>it's cancerous
>>
>>144074863
No one here has to shill shit for you.

You watch it yourself or you dont, what are you blogging about?

Didn't you already get the confirmation that the show is shit, that you wanted?

Why lose more of your precious time here then?
>>
>>144075357
Is basically the
>I love him because he is nice
Cliche.
>>
>>144075556
Well, I enjoy Re:Zero quite a lot but he's quite right. A cancer is something that spreads too much, and I really think that there are too many threads up right now.
>>
>>144075605
4 threads ins't that much, especially if it's the current most popular airing show
>>
>>144075591
Why else do you like people Anon? Whys is this so bad?

When normal 21st century relationships consist of getting blind drunk at club/bar, seeing someone attractive, hitting them up for maybe a 1 night stand oh wait in the morning you get along better than you normally do with your other 1 of fucks lets go on a 2nd date. 2-4 years latter you are married.

How is that any better objectively? I'd argue it's worse.
>>
>>144075591
It's still quite uncommon to get someone that was ready to murder you at the first misstep to love you unconditionally. It's really goes beyond "he's nice" as I'm pretty sure most people in the universe wouldn't risk their lives for someone they have met a week ago (even if said week was longer for Subaru but anyway) given how everyone is so ready to kill one another at any time.
>>
>>144074413
>Obsessed with giving his opinion on something he knows nothing about.

That's a sign of autism, anon.
>>
File: 1457407657520.jpg (62 KB, 507x546) Image search: [Google]
1457407657520.jpg
62 KB, 507x546
>/r9k/ have finished recharging
Abandon thread
>>
>>144075605
There are 3.
>>
>>144075852
Yea, felt good seeing those 3 shitposters give up, but it's on page 1 again so a new wave is likely to arrive soon
>>
File: 1437339976856.png (204 KB, 800x750) Image search: [Google]
1437339976856.png
204 KB, 800x750
> Tfw we had civil Re;Zero threads until all the shitposters latched on to it.

I miss it.
>>
is the time loop thing an excuse to kill the same bitches over and over or is there some variation?
>>
>>144075896
Next time you will look at catalog, faggot.
>>
>>144074552
>OP/ED can be incredibly important to setting tone.

OP/ED are incredibly important to pad out so they don't have to animate 24 whole minutes, that's what. They may help set the tone somewhat (but often not), however the 5 extra minutes that you get by removing them allow you to actually give time to important scenes, which are much more important and help set the tone much more than the OP/ED.
>>
>>144075627
>>144075858
Dudes, look again. I've seen 9 threads that are Re:Zero-related.
>>
Is this shit the Undertale of /a/?
>>
>>144076005
Fuck off /v/ we don't need more people shitting it up.
>>
>>144076005
Crossboarders like you need to get the fuck out. You should go back to complain about Pokemon GO on your shit board.
>>
>>144075993
Wow, ok, I admit it's a little much
>>
File: 1439659753571.webm (986 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1439659753571.webm
986 KB, 960x540
>>144075295
Because they were shitting on it nonstop and only at one actually good episode do all the shitposters feel any resistance.
>>
File: 1468224421996.gif (888 KB, 300x227) Image search: [Google]
1468224421996.gif
888 KB, 300x227
>>144076041
So is this The Dark Knight Rises of /a/ ?
>>
>>144076193
Fuck of /tv/ there isn't enough cunny in this show for you.
>>
>>144076252
So is this the Golden State Warriors of /a/?
>>
>>144076072
>>144069699
>>144056084
>>144073195
>>144073109
>>144073391
>>144072296
>>144047922
>>144073052

The thread made by the tripfag 404'd.
>>
>>144076252
for you
>>
Judging by how upset Re:Zero fans are over the criticism the show gets here on /a/, it makes me wonder why they don't just join reddit.

Over there, they all really like Re:Zero, discuss everything about it, and if there's a dissenting opinion, you have the option to downvote it. It sounds like you guys would have a much better time over there than here on /a/.
>>
>>144076286
>thread made by the tripfag 404'd.
Everything is right in the world.
>>
>>144074194
>waah why arent people talking about my favorite show this season
or
>waah my show is too popular
>>
>>144075993
Screenshot them in the catalog then. I'm looking at it right now and there's 3.
>>
>>144076139

>muh good episode

fucking nothing happened except violence and edge

its one of the worst episodes so far, they could have taken the ice corridor and puck (which were good) and made it a 4 minute part of another episode

the amount of padding in this show is ridiculous
>>
Betelgeuse turned out less shit than I though he'd be
Don't get me wrong, his character is still weak as hell but those movements
God damn
Those snappy jumps felt so good
>>
File: konodioda.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
konodioda.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>>144069699
mfw the creator directed this episode
>>
>>144076323
>criticism
We get shitposted in the threads so we shitpost back. Or sometimes, more concrete posts are made like I did >>144074938
Don't try to act like we are the aggressive ones because haters are way more aggressive and provocative and have no qualms about falseflagging in other threads like what happened in the Mob thread. A lot of Re:Zero threads are also made by said falseflaggers/haters.

In other words, you are the ones in the wrong around.
>>
Do I guess the fanbase will treat anyone that doesn't praise this shit like it's a masterpiece a shitposter. I guess they're not familiar with /a/'s culture.
>>
>>144076477

>guys, guys, check out this awesome thoughtfull mature post I made, dont forget to upvote it!

Ye, you totally dont come off as reddit incarnate
>>
File: 1468179834495.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1468179834495.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
>>144076567
Do you have dyslexia?
>>
>>144076567
Nice downvote, faggot. That post truly was constructive.
>>
>>144076477
>We get shitposted in the threads so we shitpost back
So why is there constant complaining about shitposting?

If you don't like it, why don't you just discuss the show on reddit? Serious question, why not?
>>
>>144076619
No, this is a downvote.

sage
>>
>>144075852
>>>/v/
>>
>>144076005
Yes, the show is as shit and the fanbase is as retarded, perfect example.
>>
>>144076534
Most of the fanbase is from reddit or /v/, don't bother.
>>
File: pafubxr.jpg (39 KB, 809x418) Image search: [Google]
pafubxr.jpg
39 KB, 809x418
>>144069699
Is there anything worse than a obsessive MC?

He has a whole world to explore but chooses to obsess over some chick he hardly knows.
>>
>>144076897
She has Puck though.
>>
>>144076897
>Obsessive
It's entertaining to watch since the show is clearly self-aware that Subaru is an autistic fuck.
>>
>>144076897
Is there anything worse than a obsessive Otaku?

He has a whole medium to explore but chooses to obsess over some anime chick he'll never meet.
>>
File: 1467788306223.jpg (70 KB, 487x458) Image search: [Google]
1467788306223.jpg
70 KB, 487x458
>>144076670
Really dark times for /a/. Shitposting makes 4chan better place, but those reddit shitters want to discuss their shitty anime instead of quiality shitposting. Fuck them. Mod should allowed gore pics in /a/. Freedom of speech, bros. We are legion
>>
>>144076670
Because if haters stopped falseflagging and shitting on the show without arguments or spouting insults at random, threads would be more civil. Mind you, I said "civil", I'm not talking about a hugbox. You dislike the show? Okay, give your opinion, we disregard it, we tell you to go watch something else and that's the end. Watching something you don't like just to shitpost in the threads is idiocy incarnate no matter how you look at it. I don't go to LL/Index/Overlord/whatevershitshowitis threads and shitpost about how shit idolfaggotry is, this is actually being cancerous. You're supposed to be over 18 on this website, which means you should be able to use your fucking head and ignore what you don't like.
Just because retards/falseflaggers say "IT'S AOTS GUYS" doesn't mean you should act like you've been bitten by your neighbour's dog. Being able to tell shitposting from actual opinion is what's needed to browse 4chan.
>>
>>144076897
It's not his choice, the witch makes him do it
>>
>>144076979
I don't live in japan nor am i Japanese so you can't call me an otaku.
>>
>>144075075
>Stop liking what I don't like
>Reeeee

Make sure you hold the gun firmly and place it fully into your mouth.
>>
File: heh.png (10 KB, 301x169) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
10 KB, 301x169
>>144075314
well anon-kun, you don't have to insult someone to gain their attention, now do you?

I'll just say what I have to about the show:
it was initially written as a web novel, then got picked up by a publisher. Take that as you may
has a few interesting characters.
I think Subaru's an idiot at times. That makes him all the more relatable, he makes mistakes after all. Whether or not he realises or tries to change things would determine if he's a complete idiot or not.
it hasn't covered the time-loop thingamajiga, except that it can mark 'checkpoints' of sorts. WHAT THE FUCK DOES 'RE ZERO' MEAN I DON'T LIKE DEUS EX MACHINAS
the show currently feels like it focuses a lot on the emotions of protag-kun, with little exposition on (the other potential protagonist?) Emilia.
the whole purpose of the episodes so far is to get you emotionally-attached to the characters, which I think is great and all, but there's little to no backstory to accompany them, except for their actions which have already been shown. Feels like the writer was focused more on the plot instead of the characters. I want to know more about loli's chances to be Queen already dammit
first 14 episodes (I haven't watched 15, and I have no time to follow the show until it finishes) were great for me personally only real gripe is that the show can feel dragged out
it's probably because the director/scenario team decided to not progress the story or character development too far, because they're planning out how to lay out the separate arcs, and getting into Emilia's story (probably going to be the biggest meat of the show) in a separate season, perhaps.

>tl;dr shut the fuck up and watch the show for the feels, haven't you realised that's the focus in these first few episodes

fun times ahead and godspeed to the shitposters, you make us feel inside
>>
>>144076897
Am I the only one who assumed that when Emilia made Rem and Subaru stay together that she was trying to hook the two up so that he'd leave her alone?

Until I started reading these threads I expected Emilia to NTR Subaru and for him to just eventually go for Rem instead.
>>
>>144076983
>this whole reply
Once again, Re:Shit fans confirmed for Reddit.
>>
>>144077027
if you stay at home and watch anime all day you're one
>>
>>144077027
Do even know what the term "Otaku" means?
>>
>>144069699

>next episode
>MC is still useless and still hasn't learned to adapt to his new ability
>he dies again for another 100 chapters.

This is some horribly written garbage, anyone who thinks this is good is a moron
>>
>>144077070
Nah there are other words you should use instead.

Only japan people who are obsessed with anime can be called otaku.

Either way watching anime all day is impossible as more than 3 episodes will make sleep.
>>
>>144076996
>Mind you, I said "civil", I'm not talking about a hugbox. You dislike the show? Okay, give your opinion, we disregard it
Well done on that oxymoron.

Once again, give one good reason why you can't discuss this show on reddit if you hate the shitposting on /a/ so much?
>>
>>144077140
Fuck off.
>>
>>144077077
Not him but you are meant to call western fags weebs and not otaku retard.
>>
File: 1468028356258.png (922 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
1468028356258.png
922 KB, 1200x1000
>>144077027
>I don't live in japan nor am i Japanese so you can't call me an otaku.
>>
>>144076996

>i dont want a hugbox except thats literally what im describing as the ideal thread
>if you dont have something positive to say about the show then why say anything at all?
>le civil discussion

I tip my fedora to you, my fellow redditor
>>
>>144077140
>3 episodes
>sleep
yo, go do your homework before it piles up
>>
File: Subaru.jpg (70 KB, 950x532) Image search: [Google]
Subaru.jpg
70 KB, 950x532
>>144077175
>wahhh he proved me wrong
>>
>>144077191
This is one bitch I want to punch.
>>
>>144077179
Do you even know that weeb means?
>>
>>144077069
Fuck off reddit shill
>>
>>144077191
YOU CALL THEM WEEBS NOT OTAKU RETARD
>>
File: Screenshot_20160712-101024.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160712-101024.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>144077146
People what a hug box.

I for one enjoy the shitposting. It's what 4chan, and life in general, is all about.

Look at the shit going on in C U R R E N T Y E A R. You can't say anything without being persecuted and ostracized. And that's just wrong.

Anyway, this show is AOTS/Y, no doubt about it, kupo.

>Sheckler

Even the Jews confirmed it.
>>
>>144077238
It's literally means a western fag who's a wannabe otaku.

Feel free to give me your own definition.
>>
>>144077146
There is special boards for shitposting, anon.
>>
File: A sucessful bait thread.jpg (79 KB, 337x242) Image search: [Google]
A sucessful bait thread.jpg
79 KB, 337x242
>ITT: retards
>>
Is there any reason why anyone would want to join the witch cult if they're not already insane or suicidal? It seems like it would suck majorly.
>>
>>144077146
>reddit here
>reddit there
You shitposters know this word only, don't you?
I'm actually discussing the show on another site as well from time to time but my life ain't your problem on a fucking anonymous board. I'm also on cripple-chan and discussion there has its load of haters but they are never cancerous like you faggots. I'm only staying here because threads are more active.
It's possible to have actually constructive anime discussion on a board. You guys just seem to think that shitposting is a staple because it's "4chan lol".
>>
>>144077289
Now search the meaning of the term "Otaku". Go ahead.
>>
the only shitty thing about the threads are the contrarians that mindlessly spew.
>redditzero
>AgK shit
>>
>>144077333
>cripplechan
Way the go and kill any credibility you have., You're better off admit you browse reddit senpai.
>>
File: 1466506877588.jpg (49 KB, 551x486) Image search: [Google]
1466506877588.jpg
49 KB, 551x486
>>144077354
Ok
>(in Japan) a young person who is obsessed with computers or particular aspects of popular culture to the detriment of their social skills

>in japan
>>
File: 143234238883.jpg (40 KB, 492x492) Image search: [Google]
143234238883.jpg
40 KB, 492x492
>>144077256
>>144077256
>>
>>144069699
So why did Puck fucking off Subaru again?
Also does this confirm that Emilia has no connection with the witch if she's being hunted by Betelgeuse?
>>
>>144077333
/a/ has always had what you perceive to be shitposting, newfag. There are far better shows than Re:Zero that had far higher volumes of "shitposting" too.

If you don't like it, then rather than complain like a retard, you're better off discussing it elsewhere. MAL and Reddit both have very active discussions about Re:Zero and there's not nearly as much "shitposting" as there is on /a/, yet here you are whining every day like the pathetic, miserable sack of shit you are.
>>
>>144077361
"reddit___" is pretty popular shitposting style now.
>>
>>144077397
That not what it means senpai. Post the source where you find this shit.
>>
>>144077256
are you somehow implying that weebs and otakus are mutually exclusive? I sure hope not, because that would either mean you do not understand what a weeb/otaku is, or your iq is just so abysmally low that you can only process information in a binary fashion. Or both.
>>
>>144077447
Especially from reddit, where you belong.
>>
>>144077383
>implying 4chan is any better than cripple
Pot calling kettle black. 4chan is a shit website that's has died a few years ago.
>>
>>144077470
Go fuck yourself i literally googled it as you asked.

Find it yourself.

>>144077472
All i'm saying you can't call someone outside nipland an otaku.
>>
When will mods contain these reee zerofags already? No one wants to see their shit show cluttering the catalog. Even KLK spam is better because shit actually happens that warrants the thread spam.
>>
Everytime a fanbase is ultra defensive, it usually means the show is not good.
I've seen this before with "masterpieces" like Tokyo Ghoul or BokuMachi.
>>
>>144077245
No need to try so hard Redditman, fuck off back to the shithole you came from.
>>
>>144077529
why not?
>>
>>144077566
>he thinks there has to be a somewhag profound purpose for fans to discuss anime on an anime image board
also
>cluttering the catalog
>being unaware of the hide function
>>
>>144070571
>10 years from now people will reminisce how /a/ was so good in '16
>>
>>144077581
Exactly.
>>
>>144077272
I'm not asking you, I'm asking the people who are incessantly whining about shitposting on /a/ like it's their first day on the board.

If it bothers them that much, there's literally no reason they should keep posting here when /r/anime and MAL exist.
>>
>>144077524
Stop pretending, reddit shitter.
>>
File: pls.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pls.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>144077624
>10
>>
>>144077609
>hide
I dont use beta cuck functions like you faggot.
>>
>>144077581
>>144077625
>i've seen Y exhibit behaviour X. Y is shit.
>oh wow, seems like Z exhibits behaviour X. I guess that must mean Z is shit.
idk man
>>
>>144077590
Nice comeback, reddit
>>
>>144077206
You forgot the fact that no-one gives a goddamn shit about your opinion on an anonymous imageboard so posting about a show you dislike is inherently retarded. Actual discussion is discussing aspects of the show, something that haters don't do because all they do is throw "reddit:zero huehuehue" around with some insults. It's not constructive, it serves no purpose and it's cancerous.
>>
>>144077624
Good news though, i won't be alive to read it
>>
>>144077658
>reddit getting triggered

You're not used to a not-hugbox site and it shows, mongoloid babby.
>>
>>144077595
Because it only applies to Japanese people. That's it.
>>
>>144077745
very articulate use of buzzwords
>>
>>144077814
>"I should be able to spam the catalog with threads about this dogshit show because I like eating shit and you shouldn't be bothered by it"

Kill yourself.
>>
File: reeeeeeee.gif (118 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeee.gif
118 KB, 500x500
>>144077831
pls
>>
>>144077872
Who are you quoting? I literally said nothing that could be interpreted this way and said nothing about making several threads. Fuck off, your pitiful damage control is an eyesore.
>>
>>144077826
>triggered
Confirmed redditor
>>
>>144077814

No need to get triggered because I hit a nerve. you know, you wouldn't get called out for being reddit if you didn't act like reddit to a tee

And opinions is literally the only reason for media boards to exist, because they drive discussion
>>
File: 1467996466451.jpg (28 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
1467996466451.jpg
28 KB, 324x291
>>144078002
>you wouldn't get called out for being reddit if you didn't act like reddit
>>
For the Novelfags in this thread, which content will we get in the Ch. 16?
>>
All anime is trash why what even is the purpose of this thread you delusional fucks
>>
Truly we have reached animekino
>>
Once again /a/ proves again that it is the worst board on 4chan lmao
>>
>>144078002
Being called out for being Reddit is a good thing, though.
>>
>>144078002
>opinions is literally the only reason for media boards to exist
No, you fucking newfag, actual worthy discussion usually deals about show elements like questioning plot points or character motivation, asking about things you didn't understand, making parallels between works, talking about studios and anime-making, discussing storytelling inside the show and ranting about plotholes and so on. THIS is actually interesting and INFORMATIVE discussion. NO-ONE gives a a crap about your opinion on an anonymous imageboard. You faggots have your brain too infected by your typical "POST BEST GIRL" thread that you've forgotten what constructive discussion looks like.
>>
When a show goes edgy, even Puck becomes an edgelord.
First of all the ep starts with edge and a lot of it feels unneeded as MC angsts over destroyed mansion and dead characters and keeps realizing what a piece of shit of a person he is. I mean did we not go through this when the curse killed Rem in Arc 2? Oh wait we did. So this is repeat of that, except with more edge and gore, which is not why I watch Rezero for. The whole freezing part at the start was too much. NOPE. Fuck that.
Anyway, new villain looks and acts like he escaped from Akame Ga Kill. What the fuck is even such a character?
Fucking had to fast-forward the scenes with the edgy villain because of how disgusting they were. Most of the dude's whose name is too hard to remember screentime was half disgust half disbelief on whether I should take it seriously. I would not if most of the shit he does was not this gory and revolting. Ugh

5/5
>>
>>144078204
>rants about how shitty it is
>5/5
>>
>>144078184
fuk off reddit
>>
>>144069699
The show is so fucking repetitive
>>
>>144078204
Nice MAL review.
>>
>>144078083
Probably Subaru failing to negotiate with the other candidates + first meeting with the whale.
>>
>>144078204
> the dude's whose name is too hard to remember
It's Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice
>>
>>144078204
Posts like this is very fitting for /a/ nowdays
also lol at these newfags that think they are any better than reddit lmao you guys are ass blasted eternally
>>
>>144078276
Thank you.
>>
File: its-time-to-stop-posting[1].jpg (48 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
its-time-to-stop-posting[1].jpg
48 KB, 500x375
>>144078339

>lol
>lmao
>>
File: 1364743155696.jpg (33 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
1364743155696.jpg
33 KB, 500x475
Reading /a/ nowadays feels like being an old man who's watching kindergarteners whine at each other.
>>
File: 1401669971448.jpg (138 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1401669971448.jpg
138 KB, 1440x810
>>144078408
It was always like that.

You were one of the kindergarteners before, that's why you didn't think about it like that when you started browsing.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.