[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Xebec have such a terrible reputation even though they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10
Why does Xebec have such a terrible reputation even though they have a number of solid shows under their belt. Is it because they produce a number of cheep ecchi/harem shows alongside generally high quality scifi/mecha and both genres aren't generally well received outside of a few niches?
>>
Sure.
>>
>>144054895
It's because no one on /a/ watches their sci-fi, so they just look at the ecchi shows and decide it must be a shit studio. Just like everyone on /a/ who bitches about how there's been nothing good because of ecchi and SoL, while ignoring any non-ecchi, non-SoL shows.
>>
>>144054895
Their art style is shit.

It's so garbage, it ruined the opening part of Kizumonogatari.
>>
>>144055035
>SHAFTFAG
Holy shit. Not even Kyoanifag being this cancerous.
Kizu is garbage itself. There's nothing left to be ruined
>>
>>144055196
Better than Xebex's inability to copy a simple artstyle from a manga.

I can't even tell the characters apart in different anime.
>>
>>144055035
> it ruined the opening part of Kizumonogatari
What are you talking about?
>>
>>144055855
The introductory scene for Hanekawa was partly animated by Xebec or something. That's why she looked so squishy and wrong.
>>
File: right or left.jpg (492 KB, 1595x1259) Image search: [Google]
right or left.jpg
492 KB, 1595x1259
>>144054895
They ruin things
>>
>>144054895

Thanks doc.
>>
>>144055948
thic
>>
>>144056012
>>
File: 146275297690397.jpg (63 KB, 447x400) Image search: [Google]
146275297690397.jpg
63 KB, 447x400
>>144055759
>Shaftfag
>Talking about inability of another studio to do a proper adaptation
Oh boy.

>I can't even tell the characters apart in different anime.
I bet you only watch Upotte & Little B (So, OP is right about this).
Xebec is on of old player in anime industry. I think you clearly need to watch a lot of anime fist before posting here.
>>
>>144055035
At least they won't ruin Keijo with that shit.
>>
File: 1439948696474.jpg (104 KB, 581x668) Image search: [Google]
1439948696474.jpg
104 KB, 581x668
>>144055926
No, it wasn't. XEBEC is only credited for outsourced inbetweens on Kizumonogatari along with a number of other studios. You don't know what scenes they worked on and, no matter the scene they worked on, they're just inbetweeners anyway. They're only drawing the transitions between the key animation, they don't have the creative input to make anyone look "squishy and wrong" like you think.
>>
>>144057896
Did you watch the scene? Why the fuck is Hanekawa a marshmallow then?

Shaft never fucks the animation up this badly.
>>
>>144058157
>Shaft never fucks the animation up this badly.
Okay. This is must be bait/10.
>Why the fuck is Hanekawa a marshmallow then?
Go ask Shaft Key Animator.

But please stop sucking Shaft micro penis first.
>>
File: 306.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
306.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
Much like graphicsfags in gaming, you have animationfags in anime who'll trade on good story and good characters if the animation isn't SUPER DUPER 100% AWESOME AND BEAUTIFUL AND EPIC LIKE MY GURREN LAGANN because they haven't internalized that anime is a product and a lot of products have to cut corners in one area to make up in another area.

It's why people wouldn't watch Fafner or Dai Guard while giving the next fucking BONES mecha shitshow a try, because Fafner and Dai Guard sacrificed budget for good writing while all BONES does is fucking funnel it into the animation.

Compare Fafner and Fafner Exodus to Eureka Seven and Eureka Seven Ao.
>>
>>144058157
I haven't watched the film yet. I can't say why Hanekawa looks the way she does in that scene either. What I can say is that you need to reconsider the way you think about anime production. People make anime, not studios. Like, you talk about a ""XEBEC artstyle", but you're almost certainly just referring to Akio Takami's work (he didn't work on Kizu though) on XEBEC anime. When he's not involved, XEBEC produces works that look the same as most other anime. In the same way, Kizumonogatari was worked on by a number of different animators, many of whom aren't employees of Shaft, instead they're freelancers that have worked for numerous other studios. That scene and any fuck-up therein is the result of their work, not some gestalt hivemind or whatever you think studios are.
>>
>>144060193
I am sorry I can't stand hiraiface
>>
>>144054895
>came in here thinking it was a medabots thread
I really need to slow down sometimes.
>>
>>144060193
>why do people care about what makes the medium unique instead of this other thing they can find anywhere?!

gee anon, i dunno
>>
File: red 5.jpg (531 KB, 1600x2260) Image search: [Google]
red 5.jpg
531 KB, 1600x2260
>>144061016
You miss out on a lot of decent shows then.
>>
>>144054895
Thanks DOc
>>144055983
Much Obliged
>>
File: Majestic.jpg (71 KB, 976x549) Image search: [Google]
Majestic.jpg
71 KB, 976x549
>>144061112
I can't take a person who can't use the shift key seriously, especially with such a terrible opinion. If animation was the only thing that made shows good than why are so many Bones shows reviled? Why did Evangelion ever get popular?
>>144061016
Then you're a big baby.
>>
>>144062291
Art direction is more than just the fluidity of the animation, and Xebec is bad at all of it.
>>
>>144060193
Bones has produced several very good mecha, fuck off. And the reason people wouldn't watch Fafner was mainly because it was part of a decade-old franchise with like twelve hours of prerequisite material that very few /a/nons had seen.
>>
>>144061112
Jesus Christ, I hate you fags. "No other medium does this!" doesn't mean that that's the thing you should prize about the medium automatically.
>>
>>144062962
Actually, that's exactly what you should do. The first thing you should ask yourself with any story is, did it use its medium effectively. If you're not taking advantage of what animation can do, and doing it well, you should tell your story in a different medium.
>>
>>144063188
> If you're not taking advantage of what animation can do, and doing it well, you should tell your story in a different medium.
For one, I think thats bullshit, because applying that argument perfectly to all media would eliminate all works prioritizing anything that's common to multiple media, which is dumb as shit.
For another, even if that were true and they "should have used another medium" ideally, I as a viewer would not give a shit, because what matters to me is just whether it's enjoyable.
>>
>>144063188
>everyone needs to be a formalist
No.
>>
>>144054895
I don't care how many cowtit ecchi shows Xebec does, they did damn good on space battleship yamato so naysayers can fuck off.
>Implying every time Xebec did a new uncensored anime there wasn't constant BASED XEBEC threads
>>
>>144063337
Mostly what you're saying is that you're not interested in critically analyzing anime, and that's fine. Just don't pretend that you have any insight on whether something is good.
>>
>>144063965
>good depends on critical analysis and not enjoyment
Fuck off with this bullshit.
>>
>>144064019
Right, exactly what I'm saying.
>>
>>144064031
Then you should probably spend less time studying analysis of anime and more time studying analysis of words and definitions, so you will realize that any definition of "good" that doesn't depend on enjoyment/subjective opinion is pretty much useless.
>>
File: Fafner.webm (2 MB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
Fafner.webm
2 MB, 512x288
>>144063188
What other medium could Fafner even be though?
>>
>>144054895
They make mostly ecchi.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.