[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this tonight. Enjoyed it more than I thought I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: ranta.jpg (153 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ranta.jpg
153 KB, 1280x720
Just finished this tonight. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Still very puzzled by the premise of the show.

They never explain how these random kids came to this world without their memories. Wouldn't it have made more sense just to have them grow up in this world and naturally become volunteer soldiers? The themes of not knowing your role in life and being a leader could have still been addressed.

Again, I had fun watching it, just seems like an odd decision from a story telling perspective.
>>
>>144018342
If they did grew up in this world they wouldn't be such helpless noobs at the start.
I guess it helps the reader if the world is as unknown to the characters as it is to them.
Thankfully the characters forget about their original world so that doesn't interfere with the fantasy setting.
>>
In the novels they still don't know how they were transported or why.

Haru has a flashback though.

I imagine the end game will be to discover why they are there in the first place.

It's an interesting idea imo. S2 never of course.
>>
>>144018342
Plot point left hanging, what else? I don't know whether it's been cleared up any further in the source material either though and it admittedly bothers me a lot too.
>>
File: CnE23WaVMAEuiSI.jpg orig.jpg (98 KB, 600x806) Image search: [Google]
CnE23WaVMAEuiSI.jpg orig.jpg
98 KB, 600x806
I think that Aravakia is summoning young adults from another world to fight for them and retake their lands, since they got fucked up badly by that necromancer (who also summoned goblins and the like from other worlds to form his armies).
Also volume 9 comes out next month.
>>
>>144020379
New volume description:
ランタが敵側に寝返ってしまった――その事態を受け止めきれないハルヒロは、ショックを隠しきれずにいた。
パーティのみんなに励まされ、オルタナに戻るべく歩みを再開させるも、その歩みは重いまま。
しかし、辺境のこの地はハルヒロの気持ちなどを慮ってくれるような優しい場所ではなかった。
一方、フォルガンに入ることを決心したランタも、当然順風満帆というはずもなく――!?
グリムガルで待つハルヒロパーティの運命は――。
灰が舞い、幻想を越えた先に何があるのか、いまはまだ誰も知らない。

There's also going to be an event with Nakamura and Jyumonji Ao.
>>
>>144020379
>volume 9 comes out next month.
Nice, translation might be slow as fuck but the long-ish summary helped.
>>
Season 2 soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg-fkXBI8rE
>>
>>144020734
What's this in not Mars script?
>>
File: 1457246290836.png (827 KB, 1359x693) Image search: [Google]
1457246290836.png
827 KB, 1359x693
>>144018342
>>144019609
>I need everything spoonfed to me or else I can't relate or understand

It's NOT IMPORTANT. Them coping with their reality is the entire point to all of this. Whether they actually came from our world, are gestalt consciousnesses manifested in a derived game world with anachronistic "memories" because of their players' metagame knowledge trickling in through the ether, or it's some manner of sorcerous summoning or some other deus ex that snatches people at random from the millisecond before a mortal disaster claims their lives a-la Millennium, there doesn't need/require an explanation for why they're there. They're there, that's the end-all, be-all of their situation. If you're having expectations that you're going to get an explanation for any of this, prepare to be disappointed because 9 volumes later they still don't know and DON'T CARE. Grimgar is their reality now.
>>
>>144024524
Haru's party is going back to Alterna.
Things aren't going well for Ranta at Forgan's.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.