[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>does the eye deal twice >has her life span shorten by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 7
File: FP3960-DEATHNOTE-misa-amane.jpg (69 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
FP3960-DEATHNOTE-misa-amane.jpg
69 KB, 600x400
>does the eye deal twice
>has her life span shorten by half twice
>still lived longer than Light who never did that once

Literally how?
>>
Only the natural lifespan is affected
>>
>>143999653
Let's say the average lifespan of a woman is 90 years. I don't remember how old she was but let's say she was 20, that means she'd still have up to 17.5 years left to live.
Light was killed by a death note, overriding whatever his natural lifespan would've been.
>>
>>144000424
Plus didn't she have an unnaturally long lifespan because of the Death Note? It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that's what happened.
>>
>>143999653

When Rem saved Misa, Misa inherited all of the life span that Rem had accumulated. Turns out that was a little more than twice of Light's life span.
>>
>>144000714
All her lifespan plus all of the Shinigami that saved her before that

Also Lighto could've lived longer but he was killed by a Deathnote
>>
>>144000797

Her lifespan was up though. She was going to be killed by the Death Note, which, as a Death Note user, tied her fate in with the Death Note. That's why Rem died: She had to give up her lifespan to keep Misa alive in the first place.
>>
>>144001057
I don't remember...didn't Rem die because Lighto tricked L into finding out Misa was a Deathnote user and therefore Rem saved Misa by killing L but doing that killed Rem?

I'm a little drubk so does that make sense?
>>
>>143999653
Who else hated the ending? Manga or anime, they both suck. Left a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>144001348

Rem died because L was going to kill Misa with the Death Note, which was her natural death since the Death Note was part of her life now. Since she had no life span left, Rem, who caused the problem in the first place, was forced to give up her life span to save Misa. L never found out that Misa was a Death Note user.
>>
>>144002269
I like it, an ugly end for an ugly person.
>>
>>144002269
Why? The anime ending is basically Breaking Bad done right.

Did you want Light to win or something?
>>
>>143999653
it's not like she was living a particularly high risk lifestyle before hand, and even with Light. Then there was her shinigami fanboy and him saving her from her stalker/murderer fanboy. Light on the other hand was basically racing towards an early death the moment L narrowed down his location inside of the 24 hours he was on the case.
>>
>>144002269
I liked it. Some of how we got to the ending was a bit questionable but I liked the ending itself. For the whole series light got to where he was because of his ability, but when he was cornered and finally asked Ryuk for help Ryuk realized Light lost and his fun was over.
>>
Just finished this series.
Fucking lost it when the detective put the strawberry in his pocket.

[spoilter]Misa was given whatever lifespan Rem had left when she sacrificed herself to save Misa by writing L and Watari's names in her Death Note.[/spoiler]
>>
>>144000632
>>144000424
this. 90 / 2 = 45 / 2 = 22.5

i always assumed she died within 3 year after the show ended.

but with the natural life extension, which we have no idea how long it was extended, it could be much longer.
>>
>>144002342
Breaking Bad was great, if you cut out the Neo Nazi bullshit and did literally anything else and then cut to the last 5 minutes or so of the finale.
>>
I might be wrong but wasn't it that they lost half of how long they had left to live? Rather than losing half of what their full life would have been.

So say you would live to 100 and you're currently 20. Rather than dropping dead at 50 you'd lose 40 years since you have 80 left to live. So you'd die when you were 60.
>>
>>144002939
I don't like how Walt died exactly as he wanted to, with no regrets. After all the stupid shit he did to himself and his family, he didn't deserve to die in such a self-accepting manner.

Light's death is far more satisfactory. He dies completely without redemption. He doesn't particularly regret any of his actions, but only regrets the fact that he was outplayed. He deserves his death, even though I was sort of rooting for him at the very end.
>>
Didn't she ended up killing herself one year later during Valentine's or some shit?
>>
>>143999653
She had the life span of not one but TWO death gods who died for her
>>
>>144001348
No your right

>>144002305
Not one thing you said is right
>>
>>144002833
It was implied she killed herself sometime after the ending. I think it was two?
>>
>>144002269
In the TV drama light gets burned to death like the piece of shit he is.
>>
>>144003130
My sole regret was that he was ultimately defeated by the insufferable Near.
I would have preferred someone more decent to bring him down.

That being said, everything after L's death was horrible. Light, though arrogant as fuck, was definitely clever, but he went full retard in the second half of the story it wasn't even funny.

Hell, considering the huge cult built around him, the world may as well have deserved to have him on top, and the story would have ended with a nice morale for people to be careful about beginning cults of personality around powerful people, especially around those who think themselves big enough to think themselves worthy enough to judge the world's morality.
>>
>>144006489
>insufferable Near.
well that's certainly true.

Pretty much everyone agrees that the last third of the anime isn't very good, but if you think of it as a setup for the (in my opinion) excellent finale, it's justifiable.
>>
>>144006489
>>144006946
Actually in volume thirteen it states originally Mello was to win but through a miscommunication it ended up being Near. How mad?
>>
>>144006946
I hate that fucking autist Near so much. Ruined the latter part of the show for me.
>>
>>144002990
>So say you would live to 100 and you're currently 20. Rather than dropping dead at 50 you'd lose 40 years since you have 80 left to live. So you'd die when you were 60.
Ok I'm really stupid because that hurt my brain.
>>
>>144002269
While watching the anime you should never watch the last episode. Just think of it as an anime of 46 episodes instead of 47. Because I have never seen intelligence drop down so far in 40 seconds.
>>
>>144002305
Wow nice making shit up faglord.

L wasnt going to do shit to misa except arrest her and sentence her to life, rem died because saving a life with the deathnote is forbidden and turns you into sparkles.
>>
>>143999653
She got the life span of two shinigami added to hers as well, the real question is how much did those fucks have and will Misa live to 200+
>>
>>144009313
They worded that badly, but what they're saying is that eye deal halves your remaining lifespan rather than your absolute lifespan.

Let's say you're 20 and you would "naturally" die at 100, so you have 80 more years to live.

If it's absolute then you'd lose half of your natural 100 years and you'd die at 50 instead. Making the deal a second time would mean you'd die at 25.

If it's your remaining lifespan then you'd lose 40 of your 80 remaining years, and will die at 60. If you did it again you'd die at 40.
>>
File: 1442738669356.jpg (138 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1442738669356.jpg
138 KB, 1280x720
>>144010176
domo
>>
>>143999653
Fatalism and a determined world meant she was meant to kill herself and have such a short life span anyway
>>
>>143999653
This character was terrible in every way. I don't know if I've ever seen such a plot convenient character.
>>
when the jealous shinigami died saving her his lifespan was added to hers
>>
>>144002474
>the moment L narrowed down his location inside of the 24 hours he was on the case.
still sounds as stupid as when I first read deathnote
>>
>>144010476
she was obviously brought in to have a character represent the cult of personality light built up as well as being a person to be retarded and actually weigh down light more as he was smart enough to avoid doing more damage
>>
Was Light corrupted by the Death Note? When he has no recollection of it he seems like a genuinely good guy and really wants to catch Kira. How does that fit together?
>>
>>144011386
he is like someone vulnerable to addiction. If he lacks power he is good, if he gets power he gets corrupted
>>
>>144003993
Why would she kill herself?
>>
>>144003130
Walt's life was mediocre, which was the trigger for risking everything. Light's life was pretty great, but he chose to risk everything for more, it's different.
>>
>>144011520
Because both her husbando who she thought she was engaged to and lived together and Kira were kill and she had nothing left to live for?

What was sex between Light and Misa like? Makes me think of a Lysa/Littlefinger or Sasuke/Sakura situation, her being completely into it while he thinks about the weather.
>>
Does anyone else feel like the rest of the series went down hill after L's anti-climatic death?

I don't know. I just really wanted L to be the one to catch Light and feel like him being killed off half way through was kind of a cop-out. The Near/Mello thing seemed kinda rushed and incoherent to the plot line. Basically after L died I was hoping it was all a ploy and we'd soon find out that L faked his own death or something...
>>
>>144011520

Did you even watch the series? I don't remember the exact chain of events, but it was fairly obvious.

I still don't get why so many people liked her. She was a tragic character, treated like trash by L the whole time.
>>
>>144011558
>Light's life was pretty great
Was it? Sure, he was a top student (he went to cram school and shit a lot though) and the girls digged him but I recently rewatched and when he came home the first thing his mom did was demand him to give her his latest test results, not even so much as a hello. That stuck with me, was pretty shitty.

He was obviously dissatisfied, thinking the world was rotten even before the Note appeared, probably was working towards his goal of becoming a police officer while deep down thinking he wouldn't ever be able to make a real difference anyways.
>>
>>144011585

>m-muh shonen hero it was a hologram all along XD

It would have been pure fucking garbage if that happened.
>>
>>144011592
It's been a decade. I forget shit.
>>
>>144011638
Would've been better then all the autism that followed desu.
>>
>>144011624
He probably had a really important test that she wanted to see, because she cares so much, don't worry.
>>
>>144011689

No, it wouldn't. Second season why adult Light is alright. I still don't get why Mellow got somewhat famous after doing literally nothing and dying like the bitch he was ALMOST OFFSCREEN.
>>
>>144011781
All the people who like Mello are fangirls who found him hot.
>>
>>144011624
>non-asian detected
>>
Were there any hints if mello and near's existence before L's death?
>>
>>144011907
M and N are the letters after L.
>>
>>144011907
Jump asked for more chapters
>>
>>144000424
I don't think it works like that. It was suppose to be your remaining life times. So if she is 20 and her natural life span is until 90 year old.. After she did the eyes deal 70/2= 35 more years to live. Another deal 35/2=17,5. So she have 17 years more to live.
>>
>>144002342
>Did you want Light to win or something?
y-yes
>>
>>144012851
Fuck. Quote the wrong post. I was supposed to quote this post
>>144002833
>>
>>143999653

One thing I found interesting
When a shinigami saves your life, the remaining life time of that shinigami is added to yours. How would that work? I guess Rem didn't have much left because Misa died early but what if a shinigami has like literally 300 years left?
>>
>>143999653
niggas, she had 2 shihigamis die to protect ehr. when that happens, the remaining lifespan of the shihigami is added to the saved perso's life span. so misa litterally ahd 2 god-like lifespans added to hers and then reduced that lifespan by 75%. she probably will still live thousands of years.

itt people who doen even remember the rules of the death note
>>
>>143999653
Why was she such a shitty boring character? She should've revolted against Light at some point. Not even asking for her to be smart like Naomi or Takada, but not to be a complete fucking retard.
>>
I just know I got a chub when she was locked into a straitjacket and sensory deprived until she wanted to die.
>>
>>144013163
she's just a typtical woman
>>
>>144013055
This
Why didn't Light just kill the investigation team and continue "investigating" with Misa?
Imagine that, officially, Kira kills the investigation team and only L survived, so Light is now L and his partner is Misa with the Shinigami eyes
It's easy as fuck now, Near has no way to get close to Light since Misa is loyal and L has a rock solid alibi to Near over why he's alive and he can lie about being a former suspect. Then he can ask for a meeting and Misa can just see their names
>>
>>144013357

I didn't watch it in too long but all I remember was that the fake death note thing was completely unnecessary.
Light could just have told that guy he used to keep a few real pages. And use these to kill the targets in Yellow Box. I mean what the fuck is the problem.
>>
>>144013465
What was especially dumb was showing Takada doing that exact same thing in that moment
>>
>>144002269
I just can't bare the fact that Near won. Light should have won against him and Matsuda or another police officer should have caught him because of how he acted carelessly while he was measuring dicks with Near.

Anime goes downhill after L's death anyway.
>>
>>144013713
Yeah
Death Note died with L
>>
>replacing an interesting character with an autistic child and ANOTHER edgelord
>>
I wanted Light to win.
>>
>>144013940
Me too desu
>>
File: Accelerator7.png (319 KB, 330x477) Image search: [Google]
Accelerator7.png
319 KB, 330x477
Why Light tell Mikami to hide the note in a fucking safe instead of keeping a page in his fucking ass or something?
>>
>>144014165
he probably got cocky idk
>>
File: 1456216172450.jpg (209 KB, 650x975) Image search: [Google]
1456216172450.jpg
209 KB, 650x975
Just restarted this for the first time in years.

Do you guys think its held up well over time? What's consistently been your favourite part of the series?
>>
>>144014321
Light killing Misora Naomi.
>>
Light in L's funeral.

And that Matsuda episode since he's my favorite character of the Death Note.
>>
>>144014283
That's a weird way to spell stupid
>Takada keep a page or more in your bra at all times
>should I do that too God?
>no you don't have a bra
>>
>>144003993
I think they left that out of the anime for some reason.
>>
>>144014321
light's crazy laugh once he's busted
>>
>>144014321
The first 10 or so episodes before everything became generally generally pretty nonsensical, and especially anything after L died where it was just utter shit.

Soundtrack's pretty solid though. HEY HEY NINGEN FUCKER
>>
>>144014321

The part where they were chained together and stuff was my favorite. They could have been excellent detective buddies in another life
>tfw L knew it the entire time but he still saw Light as his friend
>>
>>144014843
not evil Light was a pretty cool dude
>>
File: proxy.jpg (1 MB, 2133x1582) Image search: [Google]
proxy.jpg
1 MB, 2133x1582
>>144014321
the religion of kira at the end gives me chills every time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnlFMzK80h4

gotta love that moon symbolism too
>>
How come when Light lost his memories he didn't have his teenage angst like ge did at the beginning of the show?
>>
I fucking hate how Light lost to gayass Near because his subordinate was a retard. It's would be better if he lost to L like in the movie
>>
>>144014970
FUCK i love this composer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwzNLYbkcFM
>>
>yfw Death Note is considered a classic now
>>
>>144014970
the music reminds me of kingdom hearts
>>
>>144014321
It has too many plot convenient devices, like how you can forget about the Death Note on a whim. First half is still pretty good though.

KEIKAKU DOORI remains as one of my favorite scenes in anime history.
>>
>>143999653
Did Light ever fuck Misa?
>>
>>144015255
Different composer, I think. Death note anime had two composers, one (Taniuchi) did the 'thinking' themes (like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qhdsk6aTd0&index=4&list=PL4BA0EB8FC7B4B020). He also did Kaiji. Most of the more operatic 'atmospheric' themes were by Yoshihisa Hirano, who also did the Break Blade OSTs, among other things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j01g8DYULO4&list=PL4BA0EB8FC7B4B020&index=22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfa2QLV3MaA
>>
>>144015768

Teased&Denied to the bitter end
Light died a pure virgin
>>
>>144014321
I think it still holds up, except for those flip-phones.
Favorite part, Ray Penber's death. That shit took some balls when Light knew he was being watched.
>>
File: TakadaKiyomi.jpg (16 KB, 364x396) Image search: [Google]
TakadaKiyomi.jpg
16 KB, 364x396
>>144017317
>implying
>>
>>144003993
The anime ending where she was standing on a skyscraper always made me think she committed suicide after
>>
>>143999653
Two shinigamis died for her
>>
>>144018317

>Wants to kill herself
>The shinigami life times she got are too much though
>Survived and spends the rest of her long life as a total potato
>>
>>144018690
>implying that's what happens
>implying Light isn't a Shinigami, killed everyone who fucked him up and then threw a death note in Misa's face before she jumped
>implying Light isn't bossing Misa around as a spokesperson for Kira now
>>
>>144019855

Yeah I do think that unknown shinigami could be light.
Ryuk would probably have recognized him but apparently he is blind, I guess it's the punishment for the shit he pulled on the king. Blindness is the same as a death sentence because he has no way of seeing the names of humans on earth to kill them and prolong his life.
>>
>>144012960
In the show I remember her standing on the edge of a tower so I guess she jumped.

If you have 300 years extra I guess the ageing is slowed to fit the 300 years.
>>
Can't believe Light didn't fuck her silly
>>
>>143999653

Did she get Rems lifespan after she died? Probably evened it out.
>>
Forreal how did the pages in the death note not run out? Shit looks like some small notebook
>>
>>144002342
>those hype as fuck final few episodes (Ozymandias still stands out as one of the series' greatest)
>followed by that absolute asspull finale
don't get me wrong, i love BrBa, but the macgyver machine gun was straight up retarded.
>>
What was /a/ like when Light beat L?
>>
>>144023626

It can kill people, I'm not surprised about magical pages that shouldn't be there
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.