[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is SAO trash?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: sao.jpg (50 KB, 225x318) Image search: [Google]
sao.jpg
50 KB, 225x318
I honestly want to know try to answer to the best of your capabilities

http://www.strawpoll.me/10717111/r
>>
>>143993083
yes
t. knower
>>
>>143993083
it's just overrated.
I still enjoy it for what it's worth though.
>>
The problem with SAO is that overpowered heroes like Kirito aren't supposed to have harems and "nakama" bullshit. They wander the world solving problems, like Vash, or they have to bail other people out, like Saitama, or they don't really want to help anyone, like Alucard. And most importantly, like Akagi, they don't pretend to be "the everyman"

Kirito is treated like a generic MC with a quest and a love interest and everything else, and the show keeps setting up problems and hurdles for them, but none of them are ever real problems or hurdles because everything in his universe bends over backwards for him. He acts like his life is so fucking hard but he cheats every damn time.

>Uwaaah, Admin-sama hacked the game from the afterlife for me! But I'm just a regular old gamer with a magic super skillset no one else can use!
>>
>>143993083
Everything up to Yui's introduction was adequate. Sharp decline after that and a very unfulfilling ending for the Aincrad arc. I truly regret every minute spent watching the Elfland episodes that followed. No redeeming qualities.
>>
>>143993083
I've seen worse
>>
>>143993083
yes

Kirito is the authors conduit for his own masturbation

he's his self insert and the show does everything it can to make him look cool

look at the fucker, wearing a black coat with 5 straps and DUEL WIELDS and has his swords on his back in the shape of an X CUZ X'S R XTREEEEEEEME

fucking christ it made me embarrassed watching it

if your like 14 though you'll love it
>>
If anything, the first season was better. But it's still pretty bad overall.

>>143994504
Pretty much this.
>>
Its just a power fantasy, and it does its job very well for a lot of people.
>>
>>143993083
Not as bad as reddit:zero
>>
It's bad but the people who think it's the worst they've seen are newfags.
>>
It's irredeemable trash, anon.
>>
>>143993083
It's an above average concept for a sci-fi setting with story arcs ranging from poor to quite good. The are moments when the series has genuinely good ideas and compelling characters, and moments when the author writes himself into a corner and relies on deus ex machina to resolve the situation, and because the main character is usually directly involved in the resolution he gets labeled OP or Mary Sue in the process. Then there are utterly heartbreaking stories like Mother's Rosario which really show the potential of the world. Overall I enjoyed the series despite its problematic areas.
>>
>>143993083
it reads like some of the cringeworthy stories i made when i was 14-15
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.