[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hunter/Chunin Exams >Boy with red eyes trying to avenge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65
>Hunter/Chunin Exams
>Boy with red eyes trying to avenge his dead clan who also had red eyes
>A demon fox named Kurama
>Creepy pedo who the MC kids meet during the exam, who really wants one of those kids to "ripen"
>13-man terrorist group
>Said pedo joins terrorist group to further his own ends, and eventually leaves
Isn't it kind of disgusting how a hack author can blatantly rip-off of another author's ideas and work, and make a massively popular series out of it? How far would Naruto have gotten had Kishimoto not shamelessly stole so many of Togashi's ideas and put them into his own shitty series?
>>
>>143978634
Togashi respects Kishi though.
>>
>>143978739
You mean the interview they had together? Of course he'd say that, he's not a prick. What else was he supposed to say? Kishi was sucking his dick the entire time.
>>
>>143978887
It was a mutual suckfest.
>>
Don't forget how the nen categories and water test were ripped off by chakra affinities and the paper test.

I doubt it's a coincidence that Naruto went to shit right around the time HxH started having big hiatuses.
>>
>>143978634
The only thing Naruto had going for it was its setting. The actual plot was dogshit.
>>
>>143979082
Yeah, there's that as well. God, Kishi is such a disgusting hack.
>>
>>143978634
You're about twenty years late on this.
>>
>>143979169
This

I'd actually watch a series about inter-village politics, espionage, what ninjas actually do besides menial tasks around town and how those actions affect the politics of the world.
>>
>>143978634
First 300 chapters of Naruto > First 300 chapters of HxH
>>
Togashi didn't invent demon fox named Kurama. It's Japanese folklore.
>>
File: 1464214836105.jpg (274 KB, 940x914) Image search: [Google]
1464214836105.jpg
274 KB, 940x914
>>143979401
>>
>>143979558
But can I talk to your son?
>>
At least Kishimoto actually finished Naruto.

In b4
>HURRR DURRRR BORUTO IS STILL RUNNING THE RIDE NEVER ENDS DURRR

Boruto is made by Kishimoto's assistant. That series was created purely out of Shueisha's thirst for milking money. Shit doesn't matter.
>>
>>143979678
Oh, and Kishimoto doesn't take long hiatus like a lazy ass.
>>
File: yoshihiro-togashi-dragon-quest.jpg (44 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
yoshihiro-togashi-dragon-quest.jpg
44 KB, 500x357
>>143979601
Sure.
>>
>>143979735
Kishi doesn't have health issues.
>>
>>143978634
To be honest, the Forest Of Death on the exams was way cooler than the fight on the island in the Hunter Test.
>>
The demarcation between inspirtation and rip-off is hard. Togashi was a Naruto editor up until the Chunnin Exams, or so an anon claimed. Sasuke's motivation and premise as a character is the only thing I really think Kishi ripped off, because Kurapika is an excellent character and Sasuke starts out kinda alright but is easily among the worst characters Kishi thought of.

I am not that well-versed in Shounen I suppose, but apparently Togashi himself "ripped-off" other Shounens, in particular DBZ. And not just on Meruem's design (which is not a rip-off I think, but rather heavily inspired by Cell and Freeza). But one thing is certain:
I enjoyed Naruto's Chunin Exams way more than the Hunter Exam. The manga gets bad shortly after that, and it pales in comparison to what HxH has become, but the Chunin Exams were based. The only time it felt like the little faggots lived in a ninja world.
>>
>>143979946
Being lazy isn't a health issue.
>>
>>143979678
>At least Kishimoto actually finished Naruto.
After years and years of being nothing but pure shit. One solace I take from the constant hiatuses is that HxH will never have the chance to go to shit like Naruto did.
>>
>>143979946
The only serious health issue Togashi has is autism.
Still better than Kishimoto having no talent though; even when he copied Togashi, Naruto was at most decent, while HxH is consistently great.
>>
well known fact
the moment hxh went into insane hiatus, naruto became the worst thing since black lives matter.
>>
>>143980051
Nobody said it was, and that's not relevant to anything.
>>
>Not starting the thread with how HxH ripped off Naruto
wasted bait potential.
>>
>>143980103
>since
I think you got your timeline a little mixed up there.
>>
>>143979004
It wasn't even close to the deepthroating Ishida gave to Togashi.
>>
>>143980147
>le epic troll XD
Fuck off.
>>
>>143980368
>hisoka would have been a walking dorohedoro character if ishida didn't give him the idea to use texture surprise on his face
>>
>>143980469
>walking dorohedoro character
Haven't read Dorehodoro, do characters there fly, crawl or swim?
>>
>>143980038
Is "Hunter Exam sucked" a new meme now?

HxH tests felt way more creative all around, with characters avoiding fights where possible, the tournament having a gimmick that didn't make it devolve into usual trope, Gon finding a creative workaround for a Trick Tower puzzle.

Naruto fights were actually interesting back then, but still stuck in the usual shonen structure.
>>
File: 65833.jpg (25 KB, 560x315) Image search: [Google]
65833.jpg
25 KB, 560x315
>>143979946

So what; having medical issues is no excuse to sit around playing dragon quest all day instead of doing his job. Let's not forget his work only consists of scribbling some drawings and writing 3-5 paragraphs worth on content a week which he usually doesn't even do. I have multiple debilitating health problems and would write multiple 3000-10,000 word fanfiction chapters a week for fun on my free time while going to university, working, and maintaining a social life.
>>
>>143980051
Brush up on your info, retard.
>>
>>143980982
Wow, a stupid inaccurate meme and blogshit post at the same time. Bravo.
>>
>>143980820
>Naruto fights were actually interesting back then, but still stuck in the usual shonen structure.
They were more entertaining, which is all that matters in the end.
>>
Honestly the Chuunin exams were better than the Hunter exam. Kishi took Togashi's concept of the exam and improved it.
>>
>>143979532
Yeah but Kishi specifically named the demon fox "Kurama" as a homage to Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho.
>>
>>143980820
I liked it, I just thought Chunin Exams were better
>>
>>143981337
What did he improve?
>>
>>143978634
Naruto has always been fucking shit. And I mean always. HxH isn't comparable in the least as it has always had an infinitely better cast, better plot, better ideas, execution, etc.

Naruto was shit from the start, it was literally never good. Kishi's characters are fucking awful and generic (namely the main 3). And while I'll admit the original Naruto has a few good moments, they are rare and you have to go through piles of shit to find them. It's not worth it at all.

The chuunin exam is a poor man's Hunter Exam, and Sasuke is a poor man's Hiei + Kurapika, I can go on and on. Naruto really never deserved the attention it got and Kishi is a huge hack.
>>
>>143981225
I genuinely didn't enjoy any fight in the start except for the ones featuring Shikamaru.
>>
The chuunin exam exam was better than the hunter exam though.
>>
>>143981974
Gaara vs Rock Lee was pretty great.
>>
>>143981838
I enjoyed the Zabuza arc since it felt like ninja shenanigans instead of obviously stealing ideas from HxH.
>>
It's a shame because Kishi's twin brother is a better mangaka than him, but will never have half the amount of fame for his work.
>>
>>143978634
Honestly none of that is exactly original.

>Hunter/Chunin Exams

Tournament saga with some sort of elinatory round. Also Chunnin Exams were beter.

Revenge plo have been around since before both were born.

Demon Fox is japanese folclore.

>Creepy pedo who the MC kids meet during the exam, who really wants one of those kids to "ripen"

Hisoka is just the typical cliche villain that likes to beat those weaker than him. Orochimaru just wants eyehax.

>13-man terrorist group

Again, it has been done before any of those two used it. The number is diferent sure but the bad guy band is pretty old.

Just putting character X in a place where he can interact with character Y.

I wont deny there is some thing he maybe took as inspiration, but none of those were original.
>>
Why did HxH steal so many ideas from Dragonball and Yu-Gi-Oh though?
>>
>>143981337
Fuck no, it had the Sasuke/Orochimaru and Gaara edge, jobbing all around and just generally a really shitty main cast. The Sakura/Sasuke interactions were awful and they weren't even the worst part of the arc.
It still had good moments but calling it anything other than a carbon copy is being a fucking idiot.
>>
>>143982203
go to bed kishi
>>
>>143982203
>chuunin exams were better
debatable
>
Hisoka is just the typical cliche villain that likes to beat those weaker than him. Orochimaru just wants eyehax.

here's a (you)
>>
>>143982203
>quiz
>tag hunting
>tournament

>red eye dude who lost all his family trying to avenge them

>character interacting in nearly the exact same way with the protagonist
>does the exact same thing with band of antagonists

Are you really pretending those aren't straight up ripped off?
>>
>>143982553
Eh, everyone hated Naruto and that he was a selfish troublemaker. Everyone thought Gon was a super nice kid from the start just naive.
>>
>>143978634
>13-man terrorist group
Bleach had the Gotei 13 and Espada
Kingdom Hearts had Organization 13
It's not too uncommon to have groups of villains in anime
>>
>>143981368
Kurama a cute
A cuuuuuute!!
>>
>>143982999
Pretty sure all of those came after HxH and Naruto introduced them m8
>>
>>143980076
Except Greed Island
If not for GI arc, then HxH would be flawless
>>
>>143983098
Greed Island was great though.
>>
the kishi twins are hacks

have anyone read 666 satan manga? it's pretty much early dragon ball with goku & bulma clones
>>
>>143978634
It's not that one has copied the other. It's just that both of these manga are so insipid and so unoriginal in following the perfect shonen recipe that they are practically copies of each other.
>>
>>143983149
It was alright
I didn't like the long travels between the magical city of Masadora back and forth so much
It was just a card collecting RPG where the key was getting monopoly on all the good cards, but it was just so boring
I didn't feel much tension or emotion from that arc either and the antagonist while intelligent, had no charm.
>>
File: 145625845695259.png (584 KB, 1400x2000) Image search: [Google]
145625845695259.png
584 KB, 1400x2000
>Naruto has an arc similar to Hunter x Hunter
>Naruto is a rip-off of Hunter x Hunter

>Hunter x Hunter has an arc similar to Dragon Ball
>What? No, they are nothing alike.

Huntards everyone.
>>
>>143983358
I much preferred it to the training parts in Chimera Ant.
Anyway, imho during that period he was starting to have a creative breakdown; hiatuses helped a lot rerouting it again on a good route.
>>
>>143983094
Dragon Ball had the Red Ribbon Army, Gynuy Force
One Piece has Shichibukai, Marines, and more
Gash Bell had those elite mamodo before they got to Zeno
Having a group of elites as antagonist is nothing new
Are you going to tell me Kill Bill's group of snake named asasin's ripped off HxH
Hell Metal Gear Solid does this "trope" too
>>
>>143983467
Nice quote from thin air.
>>
>>143982456
Im just saying, man.

>>143982494
>debatable

Agree, its just a matter of opinion.

>here's a (you)

But he is. Think about it, not in relation to Gon but in relation to Chrollo. Hisoka spends years wanting to fight Chrollo and when he does he loses hard the author has to asspull he coming back to life. Now, if what he really wanted was to fight strong oponents he eould be satisfied with it regardlesss of the result. He fought a strong guy and lost, but the fight was good, so at most he would want to have the experience of a good fight again. Instead he gets passively frustrated and stars killing other troup members, in retalliation and also to weaken Chrollo.

In other words once he couldnt defeat a stronger person, he just started acting like a scared bitch. He does not like the fight but the defeating a weaker person than him. Those are generally one off villains that are evil just cause, and Hisoka is the same, only the author decided to focus and give him screen time.
>>
>>143982203
>Tournament saga with some sort of elinatory round. Also Chunnin Exams were beter.
It was the narrative of the Chunin Exams that make people accuse it of ripping off the Hunter Exams. The rules of some of the stages were suspiciously similar, such as needing to reach a certain location within a set number of days, having certain number of tags/scrolls in your possession. And then, an actual fighting tournament is the final decider of the whole thing. Kishi clearly took many of the ideas found in the Chunin Exams from the Hunter Exams.

>Revenge plots have been around since before both were born.
Yes, but again, it's not just the fact that both plots follow the same trope. It's the fact that Sasuke's revenge plot is so damn similar to Kurapika's, and Kishi was completely unambiguous about it. Possessing red eyes? Check. The rest of the clan who also possessed red eyes being killed on a genocidal scale? Check. Red eyes granting the character certain abilities? Check. No one can deny that Sasuke's revenge storyline is directly influenced by Kurapika's.

>Demon Fox is japanese folclore.
Name another character who is a demon fox with the name "Kurama" in anime and manga.

>Hisoka is just the typical cliche villain that likes to beat those weaker than him. Orochimaru just wants eyehax.
Both Hisoka and Oro have explicitly declared their desires for Gon/Sasuke to become stronger in order to fulfil their own benefits. The individual goals might be different, but the premise is the same.

>Again, it has been done before any of those two used it. The number is diferent sure but the bad guy band is pretty old.
Both groups originally had a membership count of 13.

>Just putting character X in a place where he can interact with character Y.
No, it's specifically taking a narrative device from one series and putting it in another.
>>
>>143983603
Cotinuing cause the post was to long.

>>143982553

>quiz

Was there even a quiz in HxH? I remember the race, the question with no answer, the tag thing, the prison, and the tournament. I dont remember very well but I believe you. That being said I dont think hey were aproached in the same manner.

>tag hunting

I will give you that one. Cant remember anything that had this in recent memory.

>tournament

This one is just cliche.

>red eye dude who lost all his family trying to avenge them

Just your normal revenge plot really. Hell Naruto makes it even more cliche by having the target of the revenge being the older brother, classic brother vs brother thing. The only thing really extraordinary is the eye color and thats it.

Hisoka wants Gin to be strong, where in Orochimarus case he didnt care about Sauce strenght, he just needed the body. he used strenght as a bait to make he come to him.

>does the exact same thing with band of antagonists

Hisoka wants to actively fight the troupes leader Chrollo while Orochimaru just wanted the eyehax. While both are antagonistic, one seeks enjoyment and the other wants to get inside other man.

Keep in mind that Im not saying naruto or HxH is good, I dont particulary enjoy any of them. All Im saying is that the whole rip-off thing never seemed based on much to me.
>>
>>143983467
How the fuck were the android/Cell saga and CA alike at all you meme spouting retard?
>>
>>143983467
I forgot Cell had a love interest.
>>
>>143983526
Don't get me wrong Greed Island had its moments and paved way for better arcs, foreshadowed Chrollo's judgement chain being removed, and overall helped the manga out bt expanding on the uses of aura. It even introduced Biscuit and that's always a plus.
But the arc itself is just underwhelming and was a drag to read, especially after Yorkshin's arc.
I appreciate Greed Island for what it did though
>>
>>143979169
It also had good side characters. The problem is that Kishy mismanaged nearly all of them to give more spotlights to his Mary-Sue.
>>
>>143978634
Sports Festival > Gay Exams
>>
>>143983559
I never said HxH invented antagonist organizations though, i was specifically talking about you said about the number 13
>>
File: 1442276521238.jpg (385 KB, 1066x1600) Image search: [Google]
1442276521238.jpg
385 KB, 1066x1600
>>143983467
Meruem is obvious homage to Cell design wise
And I love it because i also like Cell's design
>>
>>143983728
How could you forget? Dont you remeber his sons?
>>
>>143983780
I think 13 is just a coincidence
And 13 is a popular unlucky number anyways
>>
>>143983858
I like the royal guard's designs more.
>>
>>143980073
>HxH will never have the chance to go to shit

Chimera ant.
>>
>>143978634

This was a direct, intentional homage.
>>
File: clint.gif (91 KB, 322x324) Image search: [Google]
clint.gif
91 KB, 322x324
>>143978634
1. Neither of these invented exams.
2. Neither of these invented characters with red eyes.
3. Kurama has always been a thing in Japanese fiction. Way before these two. Even fucking Yuyu Hakusho had it.
4.Villains wanting the young main characters isn't anything new either.
5. Neither invented groups.
6. Neither invented characters switching sides.

HxH is very good but overrated by hipsters. Naruto is shitted on, but it's pretty much just standard shonen like Hero Academia, and other series /a/ likes.
>>
>>143981368
>>143984093
>muh homage
Sure, dude. You could just copy anything and get away with it so long as you throw that word around.
>>
>>143984148
You don't have to deliberately be retarded.
>>
>>143984209
Get away with what though?
It's just a name
If I had a manga I would name the main character's brother Jotaro Uchiha
>>
>>143984209
>implying
I love Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho and I hate Naruto. I just posted what Kishi said on the matter.
>>
>>143984148
I love how this post confirms you haven't even read HxH.
>>
>>143984148
>Even fucking Yuyu Hakusho had it.
You're just pretending to be stupid, right?
>>
>>143984303
You can go back to deviantart or fanfiction.net anytime you want.
>>
File: 04.jpg (463 KB, 784x1145) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
463 KB, 784x1145
Repostin' because it's neat.

>Togashi: When I read the scene where Kakashi fights Team 7 while holding his book, I couldn't help but compliment Kishimoto-sensei, using that little detail to show the difference of experience between the characters made me realize that the author was really creative. Also Kishimoto has some really impressive drawing skills, I heard that in order to understand or evaluate the skills of an artist, you need to judge the way they draw hands, and the way his characters hold things in hand is impressive.
>>
>>143984148
I agree on all points minus number 2
Sasugay and Kurapika are both revenge driven characters who are the last of their clan who are valued for their red eyes
Like come on
It's obvious that took inspiration from HxH
>>
>>143984385
Holy shit. I'm saving this for whenever a Hisokafag tries to start shit.
>>
I want to rape Kurapika.
>>
>>143984148
>jojofags
Not even once.
>>
File: 1467658301506.jpg (59 KB, 393x432) Image search: [Google]
1467658301506.jpg
59 KB, 393x432
>>143983087
Too cute desu
>>143984600
Stop
>>
>>143984765
Whoops I fucked that up pretty badly

Reminder that Machi is physically stronger than Chrollo and could beat Hisoka up if he didn't cum on her.
>>
File: image.jpg (380 KB, 800x2103) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
380 KB, 800x2103
Isn't it kind of disgusting how a hack author can blatantly rip-off of another author's ideas and work, and make a massively popular series out of it?
>>
>>143984617
>>143984335
>>143984216
nice rebuttals
>>
>>143983620
>Both groups originally had a membership count of 13.

No, Akatsuki had an original count of 10, with only 9 in their proper introduction.

Please don't try to boost the number up to 13 by counting Zetsu twice or using Sasuke's team.
>>
>>143984303
>It's just a name
It's not just a name. It's an entire concept that Kishi stole. The "folklore" thing doesn't fly as an excuse. One, because in the actual Japanese folklore, the fox isn't referred to as a demon like Kurama is, but more of a spirit. And two, because the actual name of this particular piece of folklore is Kitsune, not Kurama.

>>143984318
>I just posted what Kishi said on the matter.
I'm not accusing you of making excuses for Kishi, more that Kishi is making excuses for himself.
>>
>>143984849
Eva is good so it's forgivable in this case. Naruto is garbage.
>>
>>143984849
Most of those look nothing alike though.
>>
>>143984983
The Four Tails is named Son Goku. Did Kishimoto rip off Dragon Ball, too?
>>
>>143984926
nice shitpost
>>
>>143985067
Goku in Dragon Ball isn't an actual monkey. Kurama in both YYH and Naruto is literally a fox that possesses a human.
>>
>>143983467
Holy shit, did meruem come from the future in order to absorb androids? when did that happen?
>>
>>143985077
back at ya
>>
>>143984954
Black Zetsu and White Zetsu are two separate entities, this is fact.
>>
>>143985152
No he is not. The Nine-tailed fox is a giant monster that is sealed inside a baby. Kurama is a foxboy who died and fused with a unborn child. He says so himself, he is the demon Kurama but he is also the human. He cant split like the Fox and Naruto, he is the same person.
>>
>oblivious DBZfags still don't understand why Togashi modeled Meruem after Cell
>>
>>143985377
Can a simultaneous DBZfag and HxHfag exist?
>>
Why are you guys so hung up on these two when every modern shounen rips off Dragon Ball?
Even that HxH you love so much probably copied some shit.
>>
>>143985301
Akatsuki is still classically a 9-member orientation.
>>
>>143984983
>It's an entire concept that Kishi stole.
Kyubii has always been a thing in Japaese folklore
Not only that, Naruto was originally going to be the fox if you read the oneshot
The Kyubi being named Kurama did not happen until years after serialization of Naruto
Whether it's a shoutout/homage to Yu Yu Hakusho's Kurama doesn't matter because that did not steal anything from YYH's Kurama's backstory which is vastly different from naruto's

The only noticeable thing Kishi "ripped off" of was Sasuke's backstory
You're just looking for more reasons to tell people why HxH is better than Naruto
>>
>>143985432
I like DB.
>>
>>143984954
or the 6 Paths of Pain
>>
>>143985435
HxH subverts the tropes that DB established.
>>
>>143985377
what was the reason?
They both absorbed people
Or do you mean something more deeper than that?
>>
>>143982203
>Also Chunnin Exams were beter.
Agreed

>>143985432
I like both.
>DBZfag
The manga anyway
>>
File: dorohedoro-04-en.png (378 KB, 453x511) Image search: [Google]
dorohedoro-04-en.png
378 KB, 453x511
>>143980695
>>
>>143985522
If it just subverted them, I wouldn't like it that much.
There is a specific equilibrium among borrowing ideas and taking unexpected turns.

It's extremely genre-savvy; that's its main strength.
>>
>>143978634
Both of these series are shit now kill yourself.
>>
>>143985360
Their mentalities eventually synced, but that doesn't change the fact that it happened in the first place because the human baby was originally possessed by Kurama before it was born. That backstory is told very early on in the YYH series. The circumstances surrounding both Kuramas using their respective humans as vessels are vastly different sure, but they share the same basis.

>>143985454
How does a oneshot that was done well over a year before the proper serialisation of Naruto dismiss the notion that the concept of the Kyuubi Kurama was influenced by Togashi's own Kurama? That just tells me that while Kishi was still working on his own series, he saw an idea from another series and decided to implement it. And again, the Kyuubi being given the name at a later time doesn't mitigate how Kishi's main inspiration for the creation for his fox was Togashi's Kurama. Kishi himself even says as much in the pages 74-81 of his second released artbook.
>>
>>143983559
Meruem shares traits with some of the main villains from the Dragon Ball series. Meruem's body vaguely resembles Frieza's with the purple color scheme (namely, the deltoids and shins). Meruem's appearance is also similar to Cell's (in particular his hands, tail & color scheme of green & purple). His characterization is possibly inspired by the villains of the Dragon Ball series as well. Like Frieza, he began as someone who was very arrogant in his power and had no problem in killing his subordinates along with the way he treats them. Like Cell, he wanted to have purpose in his power and learn his potential, as such he challenged those who were the mightiest in their field similarly to how Cell started the Cell Games. He was also born to be an ultimate being much like how Cell was born from the collection of the mightiest fighters. Meruem's relationship to Komugi is also reminiscent to Majin Buu's relationship to Mr. Satan. Buu's change of character started with a meeting with a blind person too, similar to Meruem's first meeting with Komugi.
>>
>>143986124
Meant to reply to >>143983467
>>
>>143986124
Meruem's anime color scheme isn't canon but yeah you're right about the rest.
>>
>>143984998
>He hasn't watched Ideon
>>
>>143985948
>they share the same basis

They really dont. In Naruto we have two individuals with their own mind and body. The fox is sealed but if it was split we would still have two individuals. Naruto and the fox.

Kurama cant split. Theres no Youko and Minamino (I think that was the name). There is only Kurama. At most he can go back to his old form but he cant split into two. Theres no mind or body other than his own.
>>
>>143986480
Who's cuter? Yoko or Minamino?
>>
>>143984848
>and could beat Hisoka up if he didn't cum on her.

Explain this.
>>
>>143984385
>>143984583
Chrollo's power sort of revolves around his book, though, it's pretty important that he keeps a hold of it as opposed to Kakashi casually reading a smut magazine while kicking the crap out of his students
>>
>>143986810
It's impressive that he managed to keep a hold on it during their physical exchange though
>>
>>143987026
That's the most disappointing part of Hisoka's fight.
Why didn't he stick the head to Chrollo's body? He did it with Razor's ball, so it's in the realm of his capabilities.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10716438
Emergency waifu poll deploying
Probably forgot a few literally-whos but who even cares
>>
>>143987791
>Ponzu is the 2nd girl to get voted for after Pitou

Nice dedication, Ponzu guy.
>>
>>143987791
http://www.strawpoll.me/10459418/r
It was already decided without nigger-tier spelling.
>>
>>143987791
>forgetting Mito
shame
>>
>>143986480
I don't consider that the actual basis.

The basis, at its very fundamental core, is that they are both demons, in the form of foxes, who end up using human hosts. Everything that comes after that pertinent basis is a variable for the author to add their own individual touch to.
>>
>>143987944
there was also http://www.strawpoll.me/10456690/r
I don't know how the fuck it got over 500 votes though
>>
File: SlowpokeBreakingNews.gif (28 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
SlowpokeBreakingNews.gif
28 KB, 350x400
>>143978634
>>
>>143987944
This one is better than >>143988028, cause it has pink pussy (Machi) as pink.
>>
>>143988028
>>143987944
Let's narrow it down
http://www.strawpoll.me/10716494
>>
>>143988129
but >>143987944 doesn't have ponzu
>>
>>143988131
>Pitou
>female
Rrriiiight
>>
>>143988248
Malefag shitposters should burn in the flames of hell.
>>
>>143988248
Right.
>>
File: the palm.jpg (120 KB, 495x671) Image search: [Google]
the palm.jpg
120 KB, 495x671
How did she get shit votes?
>>
>>143983467
Meruem was obviously a homage to Cell.
That whole arc was a homage to DBZ and the fighting shonen genre in general.
>>
File: 1465239291133.jpg (189 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1465239291133.jpg
189 KB, 499x499
>>143979401
and GUM!
>>
>>143988402
Do we have any decent idea of how Pouf was turning people into ants? Was he just using his scale dust?
>>
>>143983620
>Name another character who is a demon fox with the name "Kurama" in anime and manga.
Kurama
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kurama may refer to:

Japan[edit]
Mount Kurama, a mountain in Japan frequently referenced in martial arts
Kurama-dera, a temple
Japanese armored cruiser Kurama, an Ibuki class armored cruiser (later battlecruiser) named after Mount Kurama
Japanese destroyer Kurama (DDH-144), a Shirane class destroyer
Kurama Tatsuya (1952–1995), sumo wrestler
Kurama, a character in Urusei Yatsura media
Kurama, a character in YuYu Hakusho media
Kurama, a character in Naruto media
Kurama, a demon of the Genma race in Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

It's fucking folklore. Copying folklore is how we tell stories as a society. Nothing wrong with referencing the ancient ones.
>>
>>143988514
Pitou was the one modifying them into ants.
>>
>>143988612
Pitou was just there to cut their brains or something. Pouf was confident that he didn't need her to make soldiers since Palm was a failure.
>>
>>143978634
I think HxH is excellent and Naruto is trash, but I don't think it really matters. Battle shounen mangaka rip each other off all the time, it's an entire trope ridden genre comprised of of a small number of writers, so it's inevitable that inspiration will be closer and more easily identifiable. Considering most of them probably know each other personally, it's likely they're pretty open about any 'homages' because it's flattering and also positively affects their magazines/that series reputation. Influencing others is how a series becomes iconic. They all do it on some level, though of course I like Togashi best because he does the most interesting things with his rip offs (like Meruem).
>>
>>143978634
>Hunter/Chunin Exams
Check.
Check.
Check
Check
>13-man terrorist group
Now, not gonna say that Naruto is awesome or anything, but Phantom Troupe motto is "I did it for the lulz".
Check.
>>
>>143987968
Even them you have diferent cases

Case 1

A boy and demon

Case 2

A demon

Its literally diferent at most basic form in that one has 2 fags and the other has 1
>>
>>143988878
The Jump editors probably encourage the ripping off, too. "Say Kishi, rather than send Naruto on more missions and develop his friendship with Sasuke, why not introduce well over a dozen new characters in some sort of exam thing? Like the Hunter Exam, everybody loved that!"
>>
>>143984849

Want to see something even worse? Watch the first episode of Gunbuster and compare it to Aim for the Ace. The rest isn't bad but the first episode (and the title) is such a blatant rip off it's disgusting.
>>
>>143988691
Weird, it seems like only something Doctor Blythe could do. But then again modifying 5000 humans would have strengthened it before the Komugi healing plus she wouldn't be able to use nen at that time. I should reread it.
>>
>>143985634
Thats a mask.
>>
>>143988577
The guy said to name a demon fox "in anime and manga" who is called Kurama.

Literally no other character in the whole medium fits that criteria other than YYH's own Kurama. That, and Kishimoto himself has said that the main inspiration for his Kyuubi is Togashi's Kurama. Your list isn't helping anything.
>>
>>143989090
nigga it was a parody
>>
>>143979004
It didn't even feel like it. Togashi respected Kishi's talent, based on how he drew the hands; Kishi not only was a passionate fan of Togashi's work but also admitted that he took some inspiration from his work. Kishi even detailed what he took from Togashi.
>>
>>143988956
>Phantom Troupe motto is "I did it for the lulz".
Their motto is "We'll accept anything you leave here(Meteor City), but don't ever take anything away from us."
I don't know how you got that out of it.
>>
Naruto is an even bigger ripoff of Dragon Quest Dai no Daibouken
>heroine has pink hair
>chinese style clothes
>super strenght
>can heal people
>loser in green jumpsuit is in love with her
>but she loves cool dark anti hero obsessed with revenge
>cool anti hero goes to the dark side for his revenge
>is trained by a powerful villain who wants to use his body as a vessel
>eventually realizes he lived a lie and the target of his revenge was the wrong guy
>there's a shy girl with long dark hair who sacrifices herself making a love confession to aforementioned loser but she doesn't really die
>>
>>143989330
That's just some edgy bullshit they tacked on to make themselves seem deep. In reality, they're just psychotic murderers who kill people for no reason other than profit.
>>
>>143989149
How would Dr. Blythe turn people into chimeras, the fucking M.O. operation?
I'm pretty sure it was Pouf doing the dirtywork. Somehow. Manipulation nen fuckery I guess, like Zazan's Queen Shot.
>>
>>143989241

Well then it was a bad one because it wasn't even funny. And funny is the only mitigating factor between parody and trash. I mean for chrissakes they had people practicing jumping rope in their fucking robots, because that skill is going to help you in zero G space battles against aliens.
>>
>>143989330
That's Meteor City's motto, nigga. Ryodan doesn't really have one other than a couple of members saying that they're thieves who steal.
>>
>>143989438
Are you retarded? It's not edgy, it's Meteor City's motto because they are literally the dumping ground for the rest of the world. The least they could get in return is people not taking shit from them
>>
>>143979401
Bait.
>>
>>143989452
Well Zazan could mutate humans with her tail. It wouldn't be too farfetched to think that Pitou could modify humans with Doctor Blythe, Palm is really only half ant.
>>
>>143989438
How stupid do you have to be to consider that edgy or deep
>>
>>143980982
Yeah but your fanfic is shit, and you probably studied some bullshit like some history degree
>>
>>143980982
>debilitating

I don't think you know what that word means
>>
>>143979401
Yorkshin > First 300 chapters of Naruto > Rest of chapters of HxH
>>
>>143989503
>It's not edgy
Yes, it is. It's the same as that cringey "We r leejun! XD" shit you see from stupid pretentious 12-year-old kids.
>>
>>143989320
Togashi seems to put effort into his hands so yeah, I don't think it was an empty compliment at all.

Anyway, while we think Naruto is shit, it would be stupid for other mangaka to dismiss Kishi because of his flaws as a writer. That level of popularity isn't somening you can ignore, other mangaka should pay close attention to see what he did right to get so many people hooked on it. Togashi too, he's more of a veteran but he's also an editor.
>>
>>143980073
>One solace I take from the constant hiatuses is that HxH will never have the chance to go to shit like Naruto did.
It went to shit in its own unique way.
>>
>>143989436
But Marm is not a wasted product like Sakura. Huynkel is not a psychotic, ungrateful bastard.
Kishi surely did a shitty job on ripping off anyone's manga.
>>
>>143988131
Where is ugly snot girl??
>>
>>143984086
The CA arc shits all over literally anything Kishimoto ever did.
>>
>>143989798
Jesus christ, go back to your hellhole with that retarded posting style.
>>
>>143989913
He's obviously a Redditor who thinks 1999 HxH is a masterpiece.
>>
>>143989844
>It went to shit
Never happened.
>>
File: komugi.jpg (277 KB, 698x566) Image search: [Google]
komugi.jpg
277 KB, 698x566
>>143989867
Komugi a cute
>>
>>143986480
you do know Kurama's demon form from YYH is still the same Kurama
Naruto and the kyubi are different, and the fox is sealed inside the boy while Kurama took the boys life as a parasyte and became him
you are just grasping at straws, they are different scenarios and kishimoto did not take influence from Kurama's story to influence Naruto's
>>
>>143989913
I'm not necessarily saying it's a bad thing, considering the demographic. It's perfectly reasonable for Togashi to give the Troupe a stupid edgy motto like that, because it will appeal to stupid edgy kids, which is the series' target audience.

If you don't like that, then you should blame yourself for constantly embellishing the quality of a comic series that is literally aimed at immature chuuni kids.
>>
>>143988419
>That whole arc was a homage to DBZ and the fighting shonen genre in general
Fucking how
It's not that deep and retarded
It was an arc that explored the good and evil nature of humanity, Meruem going though the human experience in like a week, finding out what love is, and dying by his love's side.
It was just a story, no homage to whatever you are trying to imply (except the Cel design)
>>
>>143990144
What's your beef with HxH? It's the best shounen.
>>
File: 1466075297458.png (10 KB, 73x82) Image search: [Google]
1466075297458.png
10 KB, 73x82
>>143990144
>insisting on making yourself look retarded
>>
>>143989210
>That, and Kishimoto himself has said that the main inspiration for his Kyuubi is Togashi's Kurama. Your list isn't helping anything.
source?
>>
>>143978634

HxH is far above the big 3. It is known.
>>
>>143990210
The best shounen ended 6 years ago, anon.
>>
>>143990144
It's not the Troupe's motto and there's nothing edgy about it.
>>
>>143990210
Doubutsu no Kuni is better
nah, it's just as amazing
>>
>>143990144
Except that's not the Troupe's motto, like everyone's saying. That's Meteor City's motto. It just generally linked with the Troupe because they come from there.

>>143990176
It's a homage to Cell and nothing else.
>>
>>143990210
>>143990218
>>143990293
>>143990317
She's seeking attention

Stop falling for it
>>
>>143989846
well yeah, naruto is just a far shittier version of DQ DnD

also didn't kishimoto admit naruto and sasuke's dynamics were based on slam dunk

the faggot doesn't have an ounce of creativity in his scrawny midget body
>>
>>143990218
Nice argument.

>>143990293
>>143990317
Then it's the Troupe's motto by extension. If thy come from Meteor City then they carry that motto with them. And yes, it's edgy as fuck. Not to mention cringeworthy.

>>143990360
>She
Wow, you literal retard.
>>
>>143990382
>faggot doesn't have an ounce of creativity in his scrawny midget body

welcome the japanese media culture, enjoy your stay
>>
File: 47457643_p39.jpg (381 KB, 1000x484) Image search: [Google]
47457643_p39.jpg
381 KB, 1000x484
What nen type do you think they are?
>>
>>143990176
Togashi's thought process must have literally been something like
>hmm, I wonder what the Cell arc would be like if Cell got some actual development.
>hmm, I wonder what it would be like if a character went super saiyan in a rage induced fit but he and his friends had to actually deal with the emotional fallout before and after.
>why don't they just fucking nuke the bad guy for once??
DBZ tropes are so influential that any reference to them is a reference to battle shounen in general, but calling it 'just a story' when it's obviously exploring some standard battle shounen tropes is over simplifying it.
>>
>>143990548
I will only give you points on the 1st one
I agree that DBZ is influential as hell, but to say it directly influenced the Chimera Ant arc, aside obvious Cel and Meruem parallels, I just don't see it
It's too big of an assumption
>>
>>143990274
I hope you aren't referring to FMA. It barely rivals Yorkshin, let alone CA.
>>
>>143989648
Exactly, Zazan used manipulation nen to transform people, I think Pouf had to have been doing something similar.
>>
>>143990530
I want Cheadle to be a manipulator but Cluck seems to be one, they're probably all different types.
Cheadle: Conjurer
Cluck: Manipulator
Geru: Transmuter
Piyon: Emitter
>>
>>143990505
nice try but other popular shonen don't feel like mass plagiarism of previously published hits
>>
>>143990829

Popular shonen like say Naruto? The 4th best selling manga of all time and the entire subject of this thread?
>>
>>143990740
At least Cluck isn't another manipulator who controls people. We could get some The Birds type scene out of her ability.
>>
>>143990698
FMA takes a fat steaming shit on HxH, friend.
>>
>>143990474
Arguing with HxH cultists is the most pointless thing you can do, the only good thing you will get of it is nice reaction images.
>>
>>143991676
>replying to yourself because nobody else did
kek
>>
>>143991736
>Anyone who doesn't like HxH is a samefag
That's how pathetic this fanbase is. So goddamn fragile.
>>
File: 56856857_p37.jpg (80 KB, 400x515) Image search: [Google]
56856857_p37.jpg
80 KB, 400x515
Why is Hisoka such a dick?
>>
>>143992086
Why don't you like HxH?
>>
>>143992086
>getting butthurt over it being pointed out
kek
>>
>>143990474
>saying "don't steal my shit" is edgy and cringeworthy
Spotted the nigger
>>
>>143989436
Is Dai no Daibouken known in the west at all? While not outstanding by any means, it was certainly at the same level of other popular shonens.
Yet, that name rarely pops up.
>>
Cheetu is the cutest chimera literal who. Shame he's a boy and not a tomboy.
>>
File: 1465244148866.jpg (407 KB, 1012x802) Image search: [Google]
1465244148866.jpg
407 KB, 1012x802
>>143992263
Cheetu was ugly and annoying.
>>
>>143992334
Fucking bully.
>>
At least Nuruto was a better (not better written, but less of a hypocritical little shit) angry shonen protagonist than Gon.
>>
>tfw no Pokkle to my Ponzu
>>
>>143992985
(You)
>>
File: 1466029857885.png (62 KB, 247x220) Image search: [Google]
1466029857885.png
62 KB, 247x220
>>
>>143990053
The Supreme Leader himself said she's ugly as fuck.
>>
>>143993232
That never happened though, he just said she was a common idiot or something.
>>
File: 4678990876765544355.gif (1 MB, 320x176) Image search: [Google]
4678990876765544355.gif
1 MB, 320x176
>you will never have a love this pure
kill me
>>
>>143993392
He said she was a disgusting sight for sure.
>>
>>143992187
lt's quite well known in frogland.
>>
>>143980469
fuck that's exactly what I thought the first time I saw zombisoka
>>
>>143993403
That scene wasn't in the manga. They never loved each other, sorry anon.
>>
I hope we'll have a Komm susser tod in the DC arc if it reaches its climax someday.
>>
>>143993688
You mean everyone turning into tang?
>>
>>143993403

What did she see in him anyway? I mean, seriously.

He's ugly as fuck, his powers are lame (Emitter = lowest status Nen type, confirmed by /a/) and as if that wasn't all enough he's also a fucking manlet.

Now I know she's small too, but super small girls like her desire 6+ feet tall guys even moreso than others.

Pokkle a shit. A shit!
>>
>>143994124
How is emitter low tier?
>>
>>143994191

It's Liorio tier.
>>
>>143994226
Leonardo's power is based as fuck and can be out right broken
>>
>>143994124
Nice copypasta.
>>
>>143994294
>leonardo
>>
>>143994191

In its purest form it's just generic energy blasts.

The other categories are mandatory for an Emitter to actually do cool shit.
>>
>>143979401
Oh my bait nen
>>
>>143994564
Emission in its "purest form" is simply the usage of aura away from the user's body.

You don't necessarily need other nen types to do things, see Potclean, a pure emission hatsu and an extremely effective one at that.
>>
>>143994672
Senritsu's field in spring is pretty cool too
>>
File: 1455266812589.png (4 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1455266812589.png
4 MB, 2560x1440
>>143978634
dude togashi yoshihiro didn't fucking invented the wheel you know.
you gotta admit there is alot of anime's out there with a kid - hero like who likes to eat alot and is simple minded.

alot of manga artist say that DBZ played a deep role in their creativity. so this , what your doing is pretty much meaningless unless you go after all of those manga artists.
>>
>>143994564
Reinforcement is just making things harder in its purest form. Way more pleb tier
>>
Bleach > HxH

Discuss.
>>
Post your top 5 abilities
>>
>>143994901
Kill yourself pork ranger.
>>
>>143995108
You forgot to include coward.jpg in your shitpost
>>
>>143995050
Chairmen.
Morel
Gon
Shoot
Hisoka
>>
>>143995102
t. Caleb
>>
>>143994901
>there are people who still read Bleach
>there are people who consider Bleach better than anything
Laughing irl
>>
>>143995050
I don't really have a top 5, but Black Widow and Deme-chan are the first ones to come to mind every time.
>>
>>143995050
Knov
Netero
Leonardo
The villain from greed islands
>>
>>143995223
>t.
what does this mean??
>>
>>143995302
>The villain from greed islands

That's how you know this post is bait. Seriously.

>that feel when someone else is posting your bait where you pretend Genthru is not laughable dogshit
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.