[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Right, so obviously Genos will follow Saitama's lead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: The New Group.jpg (116 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
The New Group.jpg
116 KB, 600x848
But will this group just be about showing their moral superiority? Do they think that the worldwide crisis is something that can actually be dealt with as opposed to the obvious pervasive natural disaster that it appears to be? How are they going to handle things differently than the Hero Association?

Which S and A class heroes will be jumping ship for the new organization?

Oh and One Punch Man thread, I guess.
>>
File: Zombie.jpg (106 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
Zombie.jpg
106 KB, 600x848
From the top down...

Blast is basically already an independent hero.
Tatsumaki will stick with the HA as long as Blast does since she has husbando'd him.
Bang is retiring to train with his brother.
Atomic Samurai seems to be willing to stick it out with HA, but that will depend on what happens when he fights Saitama.
Child Emperor seems to be going rogue, but I'd bet he sticks with the HA out of habit.
Metal Knight will be trying to kill Saitama in the future, and he'll probably go with the new organization.
King isn't going anywhere, and they'll probably promote him for that.
Zombieman seems to covet Saitama's strength now. If he doesn't go rogue, he'll stick it out.
EngiKnight is a mystery, and his decision one way or the other, will be reliant on Metal Knight's.
Pig God seems like a loyal HA hero. He seems to have a greater purpose, so he'll probably abstain from dick measuring with other groups.
Superalloy Darkshine was hit hard by the last fight. I wouldn't be surprised if he stops being a hero altogether.
Watchdog Man is a good boy, so he'll stay loyal.
Flash thinks himself Saitama's mentor now, so he'll stick around.
Tanktop Master... will probably end up in the new group.
Metal Bat will stick around since he is a sympathetic character and the new group will end up being destroyed by Saitama saying some simple stuff that cuts their logic apart.
Puri Puri Prisoner won't be offered a chance to switch over, since he's a rapist.

Overall, since OPM is a parody of superhero tropes, I imagine this is a parody of big event comics where one team fights the other even though their overall objectives are supposed to be the same.
>>
>>143930520
Superalloy Darkshine is a cool guy. He'll get over it.
Tanktop Master is a fucking bro. He won't go anywhere.

Also, HA is shit, maybe new group is not edge and shit, but actually good-willed heroes.
>>
>>143929561
Civil war incoming.
>>
>>143930621
I feel like the new group is going to be very critical of the HA without really being able to offer up real alternatives. Because to prevent humans becoming mysterious beings, you'd need a police state that directly prevents people from acting in strange ways.

The new groups has 49 confirmed people with the sumo champ joining in.

I don't think they will be edge, but I think they will be very vocal of the HA's failings while ignoring the bigger problem which is more or less impossible to deal with. You can't really stop the appearance of Mysterious Beings. Even ignoring the non-human sources like aliens, or sea people. They will just pop up wherever and start shit on their own. Crushing the Monster Association is already a huge win for the HA, no matter what people say.

The only way to fight the MBs is to do what the HA did. If all they are promising is less corruption then... they have no idea how to make things work.
>>
>>143930520
Sooo, civil war?
>>
I think it's important to look at what the hero association actually does:

The HA can be broken down into two groups; those who fight monsters (namely, the heroes), and those who support the heroes' fight.

The heroes job is simple: eliminate mysterious beings. There may be a lot of emphasis placed on 'heroic qualities' rather than fighting strength in the manga, but at the end of the day, their ability to fight monsters is their most important characteristic (see the emphasis placed on S class).

The rest of the association, since it lacks the ability to fight monsters, supports the heroes as best they can: Gathering information, scouting heroes, rapidly deploying heroes to hotspots, and protecting citizens with shelters. They are the logistics, the camp following. They make sure the heroes work efficiently, and try to minimize both civilian and hero casualties. The vast majority of the HA's income is distributed into this group.

The HA takes both groups, and combines them so as to more effectively deal with Mysterious Beings . A combination of a deteriorating fighting force of heroes, an increasingly bureaucratic and corrupt support group, and an escalating frequency of monstrous appearances, has put a lot of strain on the HA. They are unable to keep up with threats posed, and as such, have lost the faith of the citizenry.

I feel that the hero association is at a crossroads. Infighting and rival hero groups are dangerous; they pose a threat to the HA's ability to deal with its true objective, monsters. If civil war breaks out over the creation of a new hero group, it will mean the death of a lot of people. If the HA fights the new organization, it's game over. If, however, they turn to reform and compromise, they stand to gain a lot. The new group represents a lot of fighting strength. It will be interesting to see if the support group of the HA can overcome its profiteering and corruption, and finally focus on defeating mysterious beings.
>>
>>143929561
Suiryu will probably join them
>>
>>143932960
1000% percent, yes.
>>
>>143934617
Just remembered: Sweet Mask's ideals and policy points would probably fit within the new organization, but he's starting to husbando Saitama. Any anons have an idea of where that will go?
>>
File: 1450023508687.jpg (59 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
1450023508687.jpg
59 KB, 1136x640
It's fucking hilarious that HA is freaking out over the rich kid getting kidnapped not because he's a kid, but because he's their SPONSOR'S kid.
>>
>>143936142
>but he raised sponsorship by 7% !!
>>
>>143936142
they live in a world where existential threats show up on a nearly weekly basis, regularly killing thousands if not millions. one kid simply does not rate very much.

the same logic also applies IRL:
> 5000+ nig-on-nog murders per annum in the U.S. -> nobody gives a fuck if 20 hoodrats ventilate each other on a any summer weekend in Chicago
> 1 white cop shoots a black person in questionable or worse circumstances? -> instant national rioting
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.