[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is One Piece above criticism unlike Naruto and Bleach? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 1280x720
Why is One Piece above criticism unlike Naruto and Bleach? It's like being able to talk shit about Spiderman and Superman but not Batman.
>>
>>143925261
Why are diamonds pretty but coal is not?

Just because its made of similar shit doesn't mean it's equal in value.
>>
It's not that it's above criticism, it's that it's miles better than Naruto and Bleach and a fantastic shonen manga all around, which ultimately results in it being more praised than dissed.

Anime is shit though.
>>
Because an autistic mod babysat One Piece threads back when big 3 was a thing, deleting all criticism and allowing the fanbase to grow enough to the point that dealing with pissfags became impossible.
>>
Because One Piece is actually good unlike Naruto and Bleach?
>>
one piece is better than naruto and bleach, too bad if it triggers you
>>
>>143925492
Thanks this is the answer I was looking. I really hope One Punch Man surpasses One Piece one day. I don't passionately hate the series itself in fact I'm quite indifferent to it I just don't see what elevates it above the average shonen series. It's mainly the fanbase that I find insufferable and obnoxious.
>>
If Togashi had the same youth and energy to produce chapters of HxH as One Piece with the quality he had in his prime I bet One Piece wouldn't be the number one shonen manga.
>>
>>143925644
No it doesn't trigger me, just like Fairy Tail having better art the One Piece shouldn't trigger you.
>>
File: 1466042644193.png (164 KB, 575x570) Image search: [Google]
1466042644193.png
164 KB, 575x570
>>143925690
>Thanks this is the answer I was looking.
Conformation bias at it's finest.
>>
one piece is shit

clusterfuck of a story
villains that come out of nowhere but always end up getting bested by luffy, the new villains just take longer to kill
shit artstyle and ugly characters (even worse in the anime)
shit writing
powers became retarded after the first few arcs
just gone on way too long

naruto is superior in every way but one piece fags will forever try and tell you otherwise
>>
>>143926146
This.
>>
>>143925261
the most autistic fanbase = the most powerful fanbase on the internet since they are willing to put in the most hours to spread their ilk
>>
>>143925261
>above criticism
It isn't, but it has the biggest IDF ever. A waste of time trying to argue with idiots that think everything past the timeskip is actually good.
>>
>>143926146
>narutards
>>
>>143925261
It isn't, but it is better than the other two, by a far margin I might add, than the other two story-wise. That being said, it doesn't take much to be better than Naruto/Bleach so take it with a grain of salt.

On a separate note, the "big three" concept is a western term and I have no idea why OP is included in it when DBZ is by far popular than it in the west. If anything it should be Naruto, bleach, and DBZ. In Japan there is no big three; there is just One Piece and then every other manga. That's just how dominate of a series it is there. Bare in mind I'm not saying popularity means quality.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 225x350
>>143925261
Ha ha they're all garbage and Saiatma could easily kill all of them....just saying
>>
File: image.jpg (379 KB, 1001x1201) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
379 KB, 1001x1201
>>143925690
In your dreams one joke fag
>>
>>143927334
>....
>>
>>143925261
Well, when it was good it was really fucking superb, but after awhile you realize Oda is just going to repeat the same fucking plot over and over. Some arcs are even the exact fucking same, just with location and character names changes.

As shitty as Bleach and Naruto are, the plot has some variation.

I would say that the good parts of One Piece are far better than anything in Bleach and Naruto though.
>>
>>143925811
HxH isn't really mass appeal like One Piece. It doesnt have any half naked waifus walking aroud all the time, very few fights compared to One Piece, ect.
>>
>>143925882
Look I enjoy fairy taIl to some degree but even I can't say that with a clear conscious.
>>
File: wtf.gif (2 MB, 238x178) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
2 MB, 238x178
CIVIL WAR!!
>>
>>143927474
>very few fights compared to One Piece
I haven't read HxH, but I find that hard to believe. Oda loves skipping fights everyone wants to see or making them into clashes that last a panel or two. Zou had like 0 actual fights other than clashes or things that happened off panel.
>>
It isn't. OP gets criticized all the time. But to answer your question, it's because OP is still light years ahead of Bleach and Naruto in terms of quality.
>>
>>143926146
everything was fine, till you said.
>naruto is superior
>>
>all this baits baiting bait
>OP literally going "nanana I will only listen to what suits me instead to what everyone is saying"
What the fuck is going on in this thread
>>
I got tired of OP two years ago after not liking every post-Fishman Island arc and seeing plotlines getting recycled over and over. Is it getting better?
>>
>>143925690
>>143925882
>thinks generic shounen > generic shounen
>unironically likes one punch man and fairy tale
Go back to wherever you came from.
>this is the answer I was looking for
How convenient, just ignore all the other replies that don't fit your opinions. OP if you want this kind of circle jerking you can fuck off to reddit.
>>
>>143928097
No. Still to Tokyo Ghoul.
>>
>>143928025
>What the fuck is going on in this thread
Not just this thread. OP has been getting shitposted hard in recent times after naruto ended and even more so now that bleach is nearing its end supposedly.
>>
>>143928097
Desdrossa is one of the best arcs to have been made, on par with ennies lobby
>>
>>143928097
Fishman Island was the lowest point of the series, but quality has been going up ever since. Dressrosa and Zou were top tier, I haven't began Whole Cake Island yet though. Just make sure not to watch the anime.
>>
How the fuck did One Piece get to 700+ episodes? Who the fuck watches the anime?
>>
>>143925261
Who knows. It's just as full of asspulls and shit writing as the other two but on top of that it's extremely repetitive and tedious, not to mention the garbage "characters".
It's honestly even worse and that's saying something.
>>
>>143925690
>OPM
>shounen
Good one.
>>
>>143927586
HxH is basically a series of cockteases and blue balling the reader.

Like, the characters will spend several issues learning a skill, or talent and then the culmination will be, "Oh wait, we have a rich friend who can just buy this shit for us."
>>
>>143927263
>story wise

>wan piss
>a javanese becomes polyurethane and protects a hat for 300 chapters
>>
>>143927369
>image.jpg
opinion discarded
>>
>>143925261
Because nobody cares enough about it to bother slagging it off. Bleach is the least hated of the big 3.
>>
>>143928770
Willful ignorance acknowledged ;)
>>
>>143928782
>Bleach least hated
I won't say it is the most hated but it is neither the least hated. It is between One Piece the more liked and Naruto the least liked.
>>
>>143928805
>;)
Stay on reddit buddy
>>
They're all varying degrees of poorly written, but Naruto and Bleach take themselves more seriously than OP. Naruto and Bleach are complete shit because the authors are just too fucking shit at writing for what they're trying to do, while OP is less shit because Oda realizes his limitations and just keeps it to simple adventuring fun.
>>
>>143929150
Typical redditor response. You stick out like a sore thumb, newfriend.
>>
Because Bleach and Naruto happen to have worse writing than One Piece
>>
File: 1465778738923.png (58 KB, 851x788) Image search: [Google]
1465778738923.png
58 KB, 851x788
>>143925492
this
>>
>>143929227
>typical redditor
Oh, I'm sorry I offended you.. you are from tumblr or orojackson landwhale?
>>
File: 1466131306615.jpg (205 KB, 700x434) Image search: [Google]
1466131306615.jpg
205 KB, 700x434
>>143925420
>and a fantastic shonen manga all around
>One Piece
>>
>>143928097
Fishman Island was shit, everyone agrees about it.
Punk Hazard was not bad overall but it spawned Monetfags, so it can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned.
Dressrosa was a complete pacing mess, the buildup was dragged out too long and the final confrontation was too short, probably because of pressure from editors to end the goddamn arc already.
In brigher news, Zou and Whole Cake Island have been pretty good so far.
>>
>>143929351
Hmm. You seem quite familiar with all these different websites. Something you want to tell us, kiddo?
>>
>>143929398
>Fishman Island was shit, everyone agrees about it.
Superior opinion coming through and I don't agree with that. All the hate fishman gets is because everyone expected something to top marineford after the break and not some arc about racism and pushover enemies. FI is solid as far as the overall story is concerned.
>>
>>143928469
Everybody in Japan
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 298x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 298x405
>>143925983
>One Piece fan
>Calling someone else bias
>>
>>143925261
Nothing is above criticism.

/thread
>>
>>143930116
Google conformation bias because you clearly have no idea what it means.
>>
>>143931158
Go on, the lack of self awareness you piecefags have is entertaining. You look down on other fanbases but you guys act even more juvenile when someone even slightly questions the quality of One Piece. Nothing in the OP said anything negative about the series but somehow you guys get your panties in a twist immediately. I could make a thread right now shitting on Bleach or Naruto and the fans trying to defend would act more mature.
>>
>>143931420
You still don't know what conformation bias is I see. OP clearly cherry picked the answer he wanted to hear while dismissing the others. By the way I haven't seen a single episode of one piece or read a single page of the manga. To me it's just another shounen that has nothing of relevance to offer, so you can stop your retarded b8 and educate yourself instead.
>>
>>143925261
It's not, and god knows I've criticized it myself at times, but only someone who completely lacking in good judgement would think it's on the same level as Bleach and Naruto. It's significantly better in very obvious ways, you would have to be flat out ignoring them for the sake of conveniently grouping it with the 'big 3'.

>>143927474
HxH sells over a million a volume, the only series that have more 'mass appeal' at the moment are OP and SnK.
>>
File: op bon clay.jpg (36 KB, 476x476) Image search: [Google]
op bon clay.jpg
36 KB, 476x476
Bleach was always bullshit,Naruto was an alright HxH rip-off before shippuden and One piece is pretty good despite its flaws.
>>
>>143925492
this
>>143926146
and this

kids jumping on 1 piece bandwagon is something most people don't know and only the japs loves that shit.

Look, it doesn’t matter what kinda history or fan base Naruto or One Piece has.
What matters is that OP looks like shit, and watching it feels like shit.
I mean, who the hell can be arsed with this ancient, transvestite filled show that has probably the most out of date, goofy looking, ugliest art style in all anime history? And to be “number 1 anime show” makes it even worse.

"pirates" lol what?
>>
>>143929252
>thing is shit
>'no'
>WOOOOOOOOOW
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.