[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>In action/military anime >When nobody died >/a/ complained,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: haifurikancolle.png (949 KB, 537x657) Image search: [Google]
haifurikancolle.png
949 KB, 537x657
>In action/military anime
>When nobody died
>/a/ complained, "This show lacked a sense of tension! A MC should have died!"
>When a MC died
>/a/ complained, "This show made him die thoughtlessly! He shouldn't have died!"
Why?
>>
>>143912593
This is not how to greentext.
Lurk more.
>>
>>143912649
While you're indeed correct and that's not how one should greentext, you should learn English too before posting.
>>
File: laughing faceless whores.webm (364 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
laughing faceless whores.webm
364 KB, 1280x720
>>143912593
>"action"/"military"
>moeshit
>>
>>143912736
And you should learn how to sage.
Please elaborate, what exactly was wrong with my grammar?
>>
>/a/ is one person
>>
Give me three examples of MC dying in animu
>>
File: img000024.png (1 MB, 1515x2148) Image search: [Google]
img000024.png
1 MB, 1515x2148
Characters tend to die in real action military but these ones never get animated anyway.
>>
>>143912956
Chrono crusade
Death note
Jojo phantom blood
>>
>>143912956
AoT, Madoka, PSYCHO-PASS, and Eva
>>
>>143912593
>those 2 anime
Literal trash.

t. /k/
>>
>>143912956
Etotama
School Days
Clannad
>>
>When a MC died
You mean a side character, who was practically introduced in that episode and hit with a comical number of death flags. Then nobody else was even remotely under the threat of death for the rest of the show. They even did one of the most upbeat comedy episodes immediately after that. Which is exactly why that death was thoughtless and pointless. It would have worked if the show could get its shit together and decide to be a drama or a comedy. And also if the writing weren't utterly phoned in.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-16-15-22-26.png (560 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-16-15-22-26.png
560 KB, 960x540
>>143912956
Yo
>>
>>143912802
The girls-military combination does work. It just hasn't made its way to anime yet.

One example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-F3vFg2XHU
>girls in the military (YMMV with regards to cute of course, but that can obviously be corrected in anime)
>actual shit goes down
>(beyond the scope of the trailer) MC's love interest gets killed on her watch and she carries that weight

Another, more well known example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JWTletgVM8
>girls in the military
>the usual SoL stuff, mixed with military idiosyncrasies
>no actual military action here, just office work
>some yandere action and raping, though

We know anime as a medium can handle cute girls doing cute things in the military, and we know it can also handle cute girls getting killed in action (mostly as magical girls). There's no reason the two couldn't work together, it would just go against accepted anime genre boundaries.
>>
File: eddardstark.jpg (66 KB, 800x772) Image search: [Google]
eddardstark.jpg
66 KB, 800x772
>>143912956
>Valvrape
>Witchblade
>Dragon Ball (multiple times)
>Ashita no Joe
That's not hard to find.

Now what I couldn't do, is find a series where the MC dies at some point in time other than the end (and doesn't come back). SnK comes closest, but it was a fakeout.
>>
>/a/ complained, "This show lacked a sense of tension! A MC should have died!"

No, they complained that there should have been tension.
>>
>>143912956
You didn't watch Ga Rei Zero I take it?
The first ep is the biggest fake out I have ever seen if you didn't know about the sauce material. I think there is also another ongoing manga about nippon x-men where the apparent MC and heroine got massacre in the first few chapters and replaced with another dude.
>>
>>143912956
Akame ga Kill
>>
>>143912839
Not him, but 'how to greentext' is off.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.