[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are shows like Fuujin Monogatari, Tatami Galaxy, Ping Pong,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: fuujin monogatari.jpg (11 KB, 400x220) Image search: [Google]
fuujin monogatari.jpg
11 KB, 400x220
Why are shows like Fuujin Monogatari, Tatami Galaxy, Ping Pong, etc. so far apart? I wish we could get anime like those at least once a year. Has there even been anything in that vein since Ping Pong?
>>
No. But a few of the animator expo shorts were good.
>>
Read manga. That's where all the creative and quirky stories are. Anime is just too much of a risky investment. Production committees only go for safe idea.
>>
>>143895357
I think they take longer to make in the first place, probably.
>>
Rakugo is the only thing that's aired since Ping Pong that I would consider close in quality. But Ping Pong is a 10/10, of course they don't happen every year.
>>
>>143895357
>why are [extremely niche things] so far apart?
Do you really need to ask? I'm assuming you're talking about art style, and there aren't many people who like to work with that kinda thing, let alone pay for it.
>>
>>143895357
>Fuujin Monogatari
Today was another one of those where I lament how underappreciated this show is. Thanks for keeping the faith, anon.
What was your favorite episode? I personally can never get that fucking tree episode out of my mind.
>>
>>143898280
the wind festival scene was sweet, as was that one Ohira cut but otherwise I thought it wasn't really a good show
>>
>Why are shows like Fuujin Monogatari, Tatami Galaxy, Ping Pong, etc. so far apart?
Because nobody buys them so it's a waste of money to make these types of shows frequently.
Most anime serve as adaptations of something - even Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong are adaptations - and these adaptations are made to sell source material 99% of the time.
>>
>>143897737
He's clearly not talking about quality, he's talking about the visual style.
>>
>>143895357
Because it's not a common/widely popular style to work in? Seriously, what kind of answer are you even expecting?
>>
>>143899473
That's not exactly obvious. Most of /a/ would include Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong as examples of general high quality without specifying the art style.
>>
>>143899628
Not him, but given the three shows OP mentioned, I do think it was pretty obvious what he's talking about.
>>
File: 1447375111148.png (7 KB, 500x182) Image search: [Google]
1447375111148.png
7 KB, 500x182
>>143895357
>Why are shows like Fuujin Monogatari, Tatami Galaxy, Ping Pong, etc. so far apart? I wish we could get anime like those at least once a year. Has there even been anything in that vein since Ping Pong?
There's pretentious anime being made all the time. Just last season was Kiznaiver.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.