[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>If Tim Burton was a weeb. What was the best part of this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Soul eater.jpg (296 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Soul eater.jpg
296 KB, 1440x900
>If Tim Burton was a weeb.
What was the best part of this series anyway?
>>
File: 1458496547824.jpg (99 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458496547824.jpg
99 KB, 800x1000
>>143866736
Anything to do with Medusa. God, she was the only reason I watched/read it.
>>
>>143866934
Was it really that bad?
>>
>>143866736
The noses made it unwatchable for me.
>>
>>143866736
>The Manga was way better

I encourage anyone who thinks the idea of the series is alright but the execution was bad to check it out.
>>
>>143866736
Medusa's feet
>>
Fighting animations were pretty good from what I recall.
>>
>>143867160
Iv'e seen the anime and read the manga, i think the ending for the manga was far superior, gave more of a purpose to characters like Crona
>>
>>143868800
Should I watch the series and then read the ending manga?
>>
>>143868909
The anime splits off from the manga around half way through, watch till around half way then read the manga for a somewhat satisfying ending
>>
The art is so cool.I've rarely seen going off-model for dramatic effect, its usually in comedy scenes bt here it works great.

The sloth chapter in the book of eibon had some really good panelling.

If anyone is looking for more stuff from this guy, read fire brigade of flames.
>>
>>143868909
Read the manga and then find fight scenes that you like in the anime, I really cant think of anything else that the anime does better than the manga. It's been years since I've finished soul eater though so I may be wrong.
>>
>>143869101
I love the twisted art style used towards the end of the series as well as how the covers darkened as more aweful stuff was happening to the characters, ending with a calming white volume
>>
>>143868800
Indeed, also I liked how the characters grew up throughout the story, whereas in the anime they just stay annoying kids. And ofc the Anime left out some of my favorite scenes/characters/moves.
>>
>>143869364
Soul never became a death scythe, that's bs, what else?
>>
>>143868909
Start reading where the anime and manga splits to avoid the awful art in the earlier chapters. The anime is very faithful to them anyway and is just better until they diverge.
>>
it had some pretty unique twists on character archetypes for a battle shonen

the ending was shit though, and the deadly sins arc was awful

overall l'd say it was better than garbage like naruto or fairy tail
>>
>>143869631
I couldn't get myself to watch too much of it, but the things I remember, aside from obvious things like leaving out the Arcs after Baba Yagas Castle and the characters staying annoying kids:

>Black Star doesn't learn his new techiniques like Shadow Chain for example
>Kim shows up for a few episodes when she's vital to the plot (opening that one gate on the island) and then never is mentioned again
>Asura seems to be a copy of Medusa (using his bandages instead of Vectors)

Not too sure about what else, it's been a while
>>
>>143870233
>>143869106
thanks mate
>>
Not the ending. That shit was weak.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.