[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kino and Hermes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 1467414644437.png (583 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
1467414644437.png
583 KB, 704x480
Kino and Hermes
>>
more like Kino has Herpes lol get fucked
>>
Hermes is the most expensive anime merch ever made.
>>
Topology.
>>
File: 1465148398250.png (700 KB, 868x1228) Image search: [Google]
1465148398250.png
700 KB, 868x1228
S2 when?
>>
Would you want new Kino anime if:
>Studio made some of your favorite anime
>It's Kino.

But:
>Kino is voiced by Aoi Yuuki
>It's the same stuff as s1 of original anime
>No promise of second season
>>
>>143795049
>"yo kino i saw a talking dog"
>"talking motercycle you're so full of shit not shut up before i pump you full of diesel"
What did she mean by this?
>>
am I the only one that realized that the motorcycle can talk?
>>
kinoest of kinoes
>>
>>143797877
>It's the same stuff as s1 of original anime
Why would I want that?
>>
>>143796908

Pretty sure never.
>>
what happened to the talking tank?
>>
>>143798153
Read the books. The tank appears in a bunch of chapters.
>>
>>143795049
I watched three episodes yesterday and I still don't get this show. I like Mushishi so it's not the episodic nature. Is the show 2 deep 4 me? I get kinda ticked off whenever those quotes appear in the middle of the episode as if they're really deep.
>>
>>143800122
nope, it just about the travels, the anime added those quotes
>>
>>143798045
What does this post mean? Is this post kino?
>>
>>143800122
It's pretty straightforward I'd say. Like that other anon said it's really all about the travels

>>143800863
>post-Kino
As in we'll never get any more Kino?
>>
>>143800710
>>143800895
Right, it's just that I went in expecting a comfy Mushishi type of story and instead it's something pretty different.

I heard it's a series that tries to ask questions instead of providing answers but my problem so far has been understanding what kind of questions are even being asked since the scenarios have been too outlandish for me get into so far.
>>
File: d0078681_2082445.jpg (40 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
d0078681_2082445.jpg
40 KB, 852x480
Excited to hear Aoi as Kino in less than a month.
>>
>>143800955
Kino isn't really about asking questions instead of providing answers. Kino is about the fact that the questions are the answer.
>>
>>143800955
Really? Acts of kindness backfiring and proxy wars are things in real life, and even the really sci fi/fantasy concepts are rooted in things I've seen people advocate or fondly consider in reality too (telepathy/empathy to people's needs being the solution to interpersonal conflict, no need to work, infinitely secure purpose in life, etc). It takes those ideas and turns them upside down to examine them from every angle, then leaves you with that and moves on. Whatever moral (or just enjoyment of the story) you take from that is up to you.

You get odd duck ones like Coliseum and Nimya too which are more storyline-focused, but they still have that kind of flavour to them.
>>
>>143795049
>Kino and Hermes
Did they fug?
>>
>>143801894
Hermes is constantly vibrating against her crotch.
>>
>>143797877
I would rather take Gakuen Kino rather than a repeat of S1. There's so much other material that we really don't need to go back to the stuff we've already went through. I want to see Ti already, damnit.
>>
Incoming 5 month old Kino thread
>>
>>143801148
What is happening next month?
>>
>>143802135
A CYOA VN live streaming on Niconico.
http://dengekibunko.jp/title/niconico-drama/
>>
>>143802336
No offense, but I honestly can't see Aoi Yuki as Kino. She can play badass and she can do vulnerable, but she can't pull off the utter lack of empathy that Kino usually has. She can pull off Gakuen Kino version, but not KnT Kino.
>>
>>143803254
People always say these things whenever Aoi is given a new role and are proven utterly wrong by the time the episode airs.
One of the first thing that came into my mind when hearing her Fremy in Rokka no Yuusha as that she could pull a decent Kino impression.
Not to mention deadpan/emotionless kuudere is her second most frequent type-cast so yeah, kinda dumbfounded when people believe she will not make a great Kino.
>>
>>143803373
Her role as Fremy is why I know she can't do Kino. Kino doesn't do vulnerable, she might help out people from time to time, but she never shows it. All of Aoi's deadpan kuudere has never been emotionless, nevermind the fact that there's almost no variation between all of those similar roles. She's trying, but it's clear she's just recycling the same performance over and over again for her kuudere roles. She doesn't 'get' emotionless characters.
>>
>>143804269
Kino is not entirely emotionless. she is not a robot last I checked and rather a young human girl. I think you are confusing Maeda's wooden delivery with how the character actually is on paper.
Anyway, it's obvious is just not gonna rehash Fremy. She never does that even with characters that fall on similar archetypes.
There isn't much point to this conversation, we will just have to wait and see.
>>
Even someone as determined to her philosophy as Kino has moments of weakness and you see that on the show so yeah, I don't know what we are talking about here. She doesn't differ much from other "emotionless" characters.
>>
>>143804677
I know Kino isn't entirely emotionless, but she is for 90% of her appearances in each of the volumes. And I'll agree that it's a very much a wait and see type of situation, but in my opinion, Kino really can't be played by a VA since they are trained to exaggerate their tone and mannerism. You kinda need what they did for Kei in Flying Witch and find someone who's not a VA to properly do her role. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but honestly, I'll probably not be.
>>
>>143804858
>VA are trained to exaggerate their tone and mannerism
Aoi was a regular actress before she became a VA.
She has been acting since her 4 and voice acting professionally since she was 13. Her first role was on Kino, incidentally.
>>
>>143804978
And she hasn't done non-anime VA since then. It's too ingrained in her already. But as I already conceded, it's a wait and see situation. I'm just pessimistic about it, that's all.
>>
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7AjO7lfyb2PUG1fZ001TUotUmM/view
Here is the old Drama CD with Aya Hisakawa as Kino if you want it as a reference.
It's a bit weird but entertaining. Aoi will certainly sound more subdued than this Kino at the very least.
>>
File: 1467610229088.jpg (54 KB, 392x243) Image search: [Google]
1467610229088.jpg
54 KB, 392x243
>>143801385
>Kino isn't really about asking questions instead of providing answers. Kino is about the fact that the questions are the answer.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.