[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tower of God
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 16
Anyone here read Tower of God?
Opinions
>It's good
>>
Androssi a shit.
>>
>>143790460

Taking bets for when the Janitor deletes this thread. Put me down for 16:07.
>>
I started recently and was banned for 3 days on /a/ for making a really similar thread to this

Weeaboos who adopt Japanese nationalism are embarrassing
>>
>>143790460
>gookshit
>not knowing how to use greentext
Fuck off.
>>
>>143790512
Most of the girls are assholes in this series.

Yuri, Androssi and Anak are abusive selfish princesses.
Hwaryun and Rachel are manipulative shits who ruined Baam's life.
Yeon is an annoying useless tsundere but at least she's harmless.
Xiaxia a jew.

And none of the other girls are even vaguely important.
>>
>>143790512
This desu. I hope Baam B her TFO when they fight.
>>
File: lizard princess.jpg (162 KB, 1200x1037) Image search: [Google]
lizard princess.jpg
162 KB, 1200x1037
lizard princess is best princess
>>
File: ha yuri.png (517 KB, 425x1019) Image search: [Google]
ha yuri.png
517 KB, 425x1019
>>143790603
>>143790568
How is this not /a/-related? It's not Japanese, but it's definitely not /co/
>>143790894
Wrong. Posting best princess
>>
>>143791062

Ask the Janitor. Korean comic threads get deleted all the time. Literally every ToG thread I've been in got deleted.
>>
>>143791062
>How is this not /a/-related? It's not Japanese
You answered your own question.
>>
Its okay. Arcs are starting to get WAY too fucking long considering I would still call this the Hell Train arc since its about to start up in the train after this stop ends.

Also the party is too fucking big. We need massive fat to be cut off soon
>>
>>143791062
>How is this not /a/-related? It's not Japanese
Are you retard?
>>
>>143791062
For the last time - no one cares if it's /co/ or not, or even if you have a place to discuss it at all. All we care about is that it's obviously not /a/. Now fuck off.
>>
>>143790460
Dropped after Baam cut his hair.
>>
File: rak.png (260 KB, 493x440) Image search: [Google]
rak.png
260 KB, 493x440
>>143791062
>>143790894
BEEP BEEP
BEST, MOST MAJESTIC PRINCESS COMING THROUGH
>>
>>143791193
Aren't they going to the hell floor after this?
>>
>>143791406
They have to get back on the train which will then take them to the floor of death

So the train arc still isn't over
>>
Anyone know what happened in 208?
>>
File: manhwa.png (15 KB, 511x182) Image search: [Google]
manhwa.png
15 KB, 511x182
>>143791062
It is /a/ related.
>>
>>143791156
I don't get it. About a month ago there were several threads that reached bump limit, with posts like these >>143791320 >>143790677 being cleaned up. Duplicate threads were deleted, but that was about it. Then there was a janitor change or something, and threads started being deleted.
>>
>>143792728
Some janitors are dipshits who don't know what the rules of their own boards are. That's just how it's always been.
>>
>>143792818
>/a/ anime & manga
Whoah color me surprise
>>
>>143792890
See:
>>143792658
>>
>>143792818
You want to talk about rules, dipshit?

>All images and resulting discussion should pertain to anime or manga.
>>
>>143792918
>2012
>some nobody mods
Did you know Moot kill himself?
>>
File: img000005 (1).png (45 KB, 382x399) Image search: [Google]
img000005 (1).png
45 KB, 382x399
>>143791269
>>143791320
Embarrassing
Chill, anons
>>
>>143792969
It was directly asked, it was directly answered. Get over it.

What I don't understand is why you people get so upset over it. Did Korea touch you in your naughty place as children or something?
>>
>>143792918
>2012
And mods say they will get rid of general in 2016. You koreaboo sure are retard
>>
>>143792658
>>143792918
>using a 2012 mod post to argue that mods in 2016 are wrong to follow the board rules
Are you an idiot?
>>
>>143793069
Because they are weebs or Japanese.

I mean, just look at that Engrish.
>>143793076
>>143793209
>>
>>143793633
Would you like to look at what board is it?
>>
>>143793633
Dumb EOP
>>
>>143793357
Hey be careful, we got a really sensitive honorable corean citizen here
>>
>>143793633
Just the usual weeb spics shitposting.

>>143790460
Don't put ToG in the opening post.
>>
Please tell me based alligator will wipe the floor with that white faggot. I want Rak to kick ass.
>>
So against the recommendations of some cats innathread, I decided to go ahead and read the series because I like the premise. It has some okay parts but I dislike how cliche a lot of this is right off the bat (he's such a dangerous monster!), any reactions any time Bam does anything not-normal, typical betrayal plots and intrigue, etc. I have some questions though:

>Where exactly were Yuri & Friends traveling within in order to 'break into' the second floor?
>Is Evankhell a Tower Administrator, or just some crazy-strong Ranker/something else (as to why everyone is scared of it?)
>What exactly is a Tower Administrator? From my understanding, there is one per floor although they're passive and don't really get involved in Tower shenanigans, and they are xboxhuge 'I-don't-knows' that are leagues higher in power than even the strongest Rankers, if I have my terminology correct?
>From lurking threads in the past, I've gleaned that ToG is set in some fuckhuge 'world' with many Towers or some such. Is there somewhere that I can read more about this? Hopefully translated of course.
>Is a Thorn the same thing as a Needle and the translation changed midway, or something else entirely?

I can't think of any other questions off the top of my head but I'm sure I'll remember more later. Also christ almighty I cannot reading "FUG" without immediately going "FUGGGGGGG :-DDDDDDDDDDDD" in my head EVERY SINGLE TIME.
And the surprising handful of cute girls is unreal
>>
>>143793209
>Anyways did i told you fags can only make 1 thread per week?
>Anyways did i told
>did i told

The proper wording should be:
>Didn't I tell

Please use basic elementary school English knowledge before trying to act superior to another person.
>>
>>143794055
Am i supposed to care about this?
>>
>>143794155
No, you're not supposed to. That's why I'm telling you to let it go. You deserved to get nuked. Let's just accept that and move on with our lives now.
>>
>>143794208
But i never get nuked? Are you mistaken /a/ with /b/?
>>
>>143794208
Actually, they're supposed to care that they were nuked, what they're not supposed to care is whether they deserved it or not.
>>
>>143794155
Shameful disregard of your yamato-damashii, aniki.
>>
The art has become a little bit shitty.
>>
>>143794000
>Where exactly were Yuri & Friends traveling within in order to 'break into' the second floor?

Some kind of stairwell area that's between the inner and outer towers.

>Is Evankhell a Tower Administrator, or just some crazy-strong Ranker/something else (as to why everyone is scared of it?)
>What exactly is a Tower Administrator? From my understanding, there is one per floor although they're passive and don't really get involved in Tower shenanigans, and they are xboxhuge 'I-don't-knows' that are leagues higher in power than even the strongest Rankers, if I have my terminology correct?

Not sure what you're asking here. There are guardians, which are monster things that live on a floor each, and are ultimately in charge. Then there are administrators who are the rulers of a floor. They rule with agreement from the king, I think. I guess it's like the guardians are the god of each floor, and the administrators are the king. The guardians generally don't get involved.

>Is there somewhere that I can read more about this?

No, there's nothing else. It's stupid that he made that background up if you ask me.

>Is a Thorn the same thing as a Needle and the translation changed midway, or something else entirely?

A needle is just a kind of sword, I think. The thorn is the specific thing Bam's got.
>>
>>143794333
Its just normal Korean art is just shitty, all these webtoons look exactly the same

Its definitely better than S1 though.
>>
>>143794330
See? this is why these threads is only good for shitposting.
>>
>>143794268
What the fuck are you even trying to say?
>>
>>143794333
It was never very good.
>>
File: img000002 (1).png (517 KB, 760x685) Image search: [Google]
img000002 (1).png
517 KB, 760x685
Have any of you anons read Automata?
>>
>>143794443
No. What's it about?
>>
>>143794418
huh? huh? huh?
>>
>>143794426
So just say it shit
>>
Tell me Anons. Have you read Life Howling yet?
>>
>>143794443
Another pretentious shit
>>
>>143794365
>between the inner and outer towers
Okay. I had thought that it was some area related to the types of towers but wasn't sure specifically. Thanks.

>Not sure what you're asking here
Well I'm unclear on what exactly an Admin is. So from my understanding, a Guardian is 'native' to the Tower and impossibly strong (like the thing that Bam made the agreement with for the game at the end of season one) and an Admin is just the strongest 'person' on that floor that is basically the Top Dog Supervisor sort of thing, right? Kinda wish we had more information about Guardians. Seems confusing.

>It's stupid that he made that background up if you ask me.
I agree if he plans to do nothing useful with it. Where did you guys learn about that?

>The thorn is the specific thing Bam's got.
Okay. So it's a Thorn, as in capital-T pronoun Thorn?
>>
>>143794574
No but i read crawling on my skin. It has a nice ring on it, don't you think?
>>
>>143794482
"The human race is becoming more and more dependent on increasingly complex technology and machines; machines that inevitably break down. According to those lucky people who work at ATMT, the best job in the world is to be one of those special people who exists between the human world and the cyber world as "therapists", inserting their consciences into the broken machines via a proprietary interface to conduct the repairs. Such a job is not without immense risk and can result in a person being trapped in the device as an annoying, pitiful bug. Amongst the therapists, there exists a chosen few who have additional power and capabilities and who face the greatest risks and dangers - the Automata."
>>
>>143794574
I got bored of it once they did that massive timeskip.
>>
>>143794366
Now the details are better but sometimes the body's proportions are really strange, S1 was better in that imho.
>>
>>143794625
Just get to the point: there are few chosen special snowflake with special snowflake power doing special snowflake shits, holy shit.
>>
File: 1452327683047.jpg (48 KB, 365x444) Image search: [Google]
1452327683047.jpg
48 KB, 365x444
>>143790697
>Hwaryun
>ruined Baam's life
????
>>
>>143794588
>Well I'm unclear on what exactly an Admin is. So from my understanding, a Guardian is 'native' to the Tower and impossibly strong (like the thing that Bam made the agreement with for the game at the end of season one)

Yeah, exactly.

>and an Admin is just the strongest 'person' on that floor that is basically the Top Dog Supervisor sort of thing, right?

Pretty much. They get permission from the King or another administrator to rule an area. Urek, for example, won control of a floor from another guy. Perhaps you can think of them as like governors. Their main job is to administer the tests.

The guardians don't seem to give a shit, because they're above that stuff. At the end of the day, the admin has no control over the guardian.

Maybe it's like, the admin control the people on a floor, but the guardians control the floor itself.

>Where did you guys learn about that?

He writes a lot of authors notes. A LOT.

>So it's a Thorn, as in capital-T pronoun Thorn?

Yeah.
>>
>>143794732
Gosh
What's your problem, anon?
>>
>>143794894
>Pretty much. They get permission from the King or another administrator to rule an area. Urek, for example, won control of a floor from another guy. Perhaps you can think of them as like governors. Their main job is to administer the tests.
Okay. That makes a lot more sense then. Thanks for explaining it to me. Would be kinda neat if during the start of a test on some future floor, a Guardian just interfered and did his own thing since nobody could stop it but then again that would ruin the entire personality of Guardians.

>He writes a lot of authors notes. A LOT.
Ah, interesting. Another related-ish question: Is that how you guys know that Jahed & Friends have never actually ascended to the top of the Tower? I've seen it mentioned in a previous thread but there was nothing in the comic that mentioned this. Makes me wonder how someone becomes a Ranker if nobody has actually gotten to the top of the Tower either.
>>
>>143795034
>Would be kinda neat if during the start of a test on some future floor, a Guardian just interfered and did his own thing since nobody could stop it but then again that would ruin the entire personality of Guardians.

It's possible with Bam. Guardians only seem to want to deal with irregulars. I guess that's why administrators are needed, to deal with regulars.

>Is that how you guys know that Jahed & Friends have never actually ascended to the top of the Tower? I've seen it mentioned in a previous thread but there was nothing in the comic that mentioned this. Makes me wonder how someone becomes a Ranker if nobody has actually gotten to the top of the Tower either.

Yeah. It's not great writing how not that much is explained in the actual series.

As far rankers go, somebody is ranked once they reach the top floor that Jahad has gotten to, which is 134 or 135, something like that. I forget exactly.

Beyond that point it's just guardians, so only irregulars go any further. The guardian of the next floor is particularly hostile, apparently.
>>
>>143795320
With the pace of the series, since they will most likely want to explore the floors beyond Jahad, it will take like 8 years at least
>>
>>143795401
>since they will most likely want to explore the floors beyond Jahad

It won't be satisfying if they don't, really. Bam's whole storyline seems intended for him to get to the actual top.
>>
>>143795320
>Beyond that point it's just guardians
Intriguing to know. Was this revealed during author's notes?

>The guardian of the next floor is particularly hostile, apparently
The Floor of Death, right?

Are there any other major bits of information I should know from author's notes?
>>
I have a friend that has been telling me to read it for years and I still haven't lol

I read the first 5 chapters once a long time ago and completely forgot about it.
>>
>>143795519
>Was this revealed during author's notes?

I think so.

>The Floor of Death, right?

No, that's the 43rd floor. Enryu, ranker #2, killed the guardian of that floor, so now it's a lawless, Mad Max kind of place, which is why it's the floor of death.

>Are there any other major bits of information I should know from author's notes?

There is a shitload of stuff he's talked about, but it's hard to know which parts SIU intends to make relevant, and which are just background.

He's said that the #1 ranker will never appear, but the #2 will. Some people speculate that #2 is Bam's Dad, in fact.
>>
>>143795793
>He's said that the #1 ranker will never appear, but the #2 will. Some people speculate that #2 is Bam's Dad, in fact
Huh. So Enryu could be Bam's dad, then? Would be cool to know what the other irregulars are doing or what happened to them. Do we know who the #1 Ranker is, anyway?

Also would be nice to find out more about Bam's past sometime ever. Seems like the place outside the Tower he was in was very similar to a prison-y confinement.
>>
>>143795892
>Do we know who the #1 Ranker is, anyway?

That's that guy Phantaminum. SIU has said that he's a reality warper on a godlike level, and he could destroy the tower in a second if he wanted to. So he wouldn't exactly be a good fit in the story.

I don't know all the details about the theory about Bam and Enryu. It's something like that Enryu had a kid with this princess called Garam, I think. She was the strongest princess, and went berserk and had to be sealed away. People speculate that she went berserk because her child was taken from her (since princesses aren't allowed to have children). Also that Enryu killing the guardian had something to do with this.

There's no real evidence for this, just circumstantial stuff (like Bam being sealed in the cave with Jahad's symbol on it) but it is interesting that Bam said he wanted to find out who he is right as they are heading to the floor that Enryu killed the guardian on, which might indicate that his identity is connected to Enryu in some way.
>>
>>143796107
>SIU has said that he's a reality warper on a godlike level, and he could destroy the tower in a second if he wanted to
Eesh. Wouldn't even want him in the series, personally.

>>143796107
>cave with Jahad's symbol on it
Oh fuck me I never even noticed that.

>he wanted to find out who he is right as they are heading to the floor that Enryu killed the guardian on, which might indicate that his identity is connected to Enryu in some way
Ah yeah you've a point there. Welp, see you in however many years it takes to get to that Floor.

I guess I picked a good time to read the series since Bam has only just now grown a fucking backbone and self-personality. Thanks again for answering all of my questions.
>>
>>143796232
No problem!
>>
>>143794000
http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Guardian
>>
>>143796232
Phantaminum is an "Axis". He has a very large area in which he can warp reality without limits. He is one of the strongest 5 such beings and one of the most powerful beings outside the tower. Urek is supposed to know him and chasing Phantaminum is why he entered the Tower. The power of an Axis is determined by how big their domain is. Anyone can become an "Axis" though it's rare. From what we know, people just spontaneously "awaken" and become godlike reality warpers. One of the theories as to what he purpose of the tower is, is that it's supposed to awaken people to become Axis Users. There's no real confirmation but it is called the Tower of God.

As for the Guardians, they are the original rulers of each floor. Their job is to administer tests to irregulars who manage to open the door to the tower and enter. The regular testing system is a product of contracts Zahard made with the Guardians. Beyond Zahards kingdom, regulars can't take any tests because they aren't even supposed to be climbing the tower in the first place. Only irregulars have the right to ask the Guardians for a test.
>>
>>143798043
Shame Bam never got that proper meeting with Urek.
>>
>>143798313
That was Urek's own fault for invading a floor.
>>
>>143796232
>>143798043
One thing I forgot to mention, Yuri has met Phantaminum. Phantaminum is known as "The Riddle" because the people of the Tower know very little about him. All they know is that he decided for seemingly no reason, to attack Zahard's royal palace. It's the only thing he ever did and then promptly disappeared. He killed some of the strongest High Rankers in the tower while doing so but spared Princess Yuri for whatever reason. She's the only one who knows what he actually looks like. Urek probably knows too.
>>
Is it true that each floor is the size of the american continent?
>>
>>143798382
Nah, that's just the outer tower. The middle and inner tower are much smaller.
>>
>>143794000
Evankhell is a crazy strong Ranker.
>>
>>143798382
Some of them are bigger. It's mostly the Outer tower that's so big though. There are a lot of people there who have never even heard of Zahard or Rankers and regulars.
>>
>>143798475
He's ranked 60 or some number close to it. He's the guy in charge of the Floor of Test usually, but he was busy with something and wasn't there when Baam was taking his test.
>>
>>143798381
Huh. I'm reading through some Wiki pages at the moment. I'll read through his. Any essential pages you think I should look at?
>>
>>143798560
High Ranker page and all of the top 15. They each have a backstory.
>>
File: 777.jpg (80 KB, 700x1235) Image search: [Google]
777.jpg
80 KB, 700x1235
Flower of Zygaena is the best arc of Season 2

Prove me wrong.

protip: you can't
>>
>>143798639
The current arc is so far pretty good with all of its action and involves S1 Team again. It's a contender for best once we see the ending.
>>
>>143798560
I'd recommend you look at pages about The Ten Famillies and Zahard, The Irregulars (Phantaminum. Enryu, Urek), FUG's leader Grace Mirchea Luslec and the pages about some of the top Rankers such as Eurasia Enne Zahard. There's a lot of info there.
>>
>>143790603
>Weeaboos who adopt Japanese nationalism are embarrassing
This might be the most retarded thing I've read all summer.
>>
>>143794333
I thought it got better
Faces aren't a pain to look at any more at least
>>
File: madame.jpg (98 KB, 690x602) Image search: [Google]
madame.jpg
98 KB, 690x602
>>143798675
I just love when SIU puts in the Shinheuh in the picture too, the submerged fish hunt test was fucking great too.
>>
>>143798598
Will do.
>>143798639
I'm kinda bummed I already knew the name 'Urek Mazino' and knew he was an insanely strong dude before I got to this arc. Still pretty neat.
>>143798727
Already read Zahard's and the main Irregulars. I'll read about the Ten Families and I've got FUG's page in another tab waiting. Will check out the others.

Also another question I forgot to ask: Why is Rak motherfucking Wraithraiser the best character in the entire series?
>>
>>143793984
Maybe in a rematch. It seems he put up a fight but got his ass kicked. I'm predicting that this Arie member will become Hoaqin's fifth member so this way the last clone is still alive and Hoaqin has to regain his power as White.
>>
File: YuTroll.jpg (70 KB, 307x380) Image search: [Google]
YuTroll.jpg
70 KB, 307x380
>>143798807
>Why is Rak motherfucking Wraithraiser the best character in the entire series?

But that's not true anon
>>
>>143798922
>not spoiling quoted spoilers
>>
>>143791062
Good taste, I'm a sucker for red eyes, edgy as they may be
>>
>>143798922
>tfw we'll probably get to see Yu kill a ton of Rankers in the future to show just how much stronger he is.
>>
>>143798922
stupid turtle
>>
>>143799039
Rak killing Hendo family head when?
>>
Does Urek know Bam is an Irregular?
>>
File: Lero.jpg (110 KB, 582x800) Image search: [Google]
Lero.jpg
110 KB, 582x800
>>143798979
SIU said his backstory will be explained much later in the story and that he's deeply related to the head of the Hendo family, glad it seems he will actually be coming back.
>>
>>143799100
Now he does, he didn't when he met him though
>>
>>143799100
No. He just thinks Baam is super special at the moment who needs to he watched since he survived and hurt Urek.
>>
>>143799192
I guess the Winged Tree guys told him after the worshop battle events though
>>
>>143799112
>Lero-ro and Quant are supposedly famous but not as much as high rankers
Can't wait to see them fight or see their ranking.
>>
>>143799366
Quant's probably famous because his face is on everything. It's a pity he sold his image and isn't making any money of it.
>>
File: armorinvleroro.png (557 KB, 550x795) Image search: [Google]
armorinvleroro.png
557 KB, 550x795
>>143799366
Lero-Ro should be close to High Ranker level so not too far from top 1000, Quant is pretty normal for a Ranker though
>>
>>143799760
>handle on the inventory itself
How much you wanna bet it can be used as a weapon too?
>>
>>143799760
>Andorthy is nearly as strong as a Ranker without reinforcement
Just goes to show how strong she is and that Baam will be having a hard time with her
>>
>>143799525
>we have seen Quant's face more than Zahard's
Wew
>>
>>143790512
Nigga that's just wrong
>>
>>143801709
>this girl lost to Kaiser
>>
>>143802822
I believe she'll get her name back!
>>
File: 1466002155515.png (214 KB, 778x790) Image search: [Google]
1466002155515.png
214 KB, 778x790
Just started reading but let me get this straight. ToG is to Batoto what Team Fortress 2 is to Steam? Please respond.
>>
>>143801709
Will Baam get inside this before the series ends?
>>
>>143804274
yeah pretty much.
>>
File: 1a5ad809ab9994a1.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1a5ad809ab9994a1.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
>>143790460
W-why do they want to steal my name? What are they going to do with it?
>>
>>143804859
Thanks nii-chan.
>>
Posting on the wrong day.
We get our thread on Sunday night for the midnight release.
Although I don't know why /a/ has started flipping shit on this lately.
Is it because it's a web comic?
If I wanted to discuss Shin Angyo Onshi I would hope no /a/nons would say anything about it not being /a/ related because they would out themselves as a retard and a raging newfag.
>>
>>143807237
It's been confirmed that's its been 1-2 anons(probably Japanese) for years now. No one else really gives a shit. If mods really cared they would of made a new board by now.
>>
>>143807428
>new board for obscure gook shit
Arr you retard?
>>
Hwa Ryun romance when
>>
>>143807527
Not that hard.
>divide /co/ into /ca/ and /co/
>/co/ becomes all forms of comics
>/ca/ becomes cartoons and animation
Cartoons and comics are just too fucking broad of a media to be just one board. Cape shit threads are already treated differently than cartoon threads by mods.
>>
>>143798639
I liked the untrustworthy arc more. The fight against Mule Love was a bit more believable. Urek is way too strong to be injured by Baam.
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.