[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I ship it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: 1467748408293.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467748408293.jpg
141 KB, 1280x720
I ship it
>>
Speaker for the Dead got animated?
>>
>>143778586
I was literally watching this scene around the same time you posted this. Are you me?
>>
>>143778586
I don't understand.
>>
File: General_Kiroumaru.jpg (86 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
General_Kiroumaru.jpg
86 KB, 1600x900
He deserved better
>>
>>143780891
His colony was protected.
>>
File: laughing ethics committee.png (2 MB, 1280x1284) Image search: [Google]
laughing ethics committee.png
2 MB, 1280x1284
>>143778586
Squealer deserved more punishment than he got. He was lucky to get the mercy kill from Saki.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 1136x640
>>143781024
Maybe from the viewpoint of the people, but if I was him I'd do the same.
>>
>>143778586
Yakomaru?
>>
Squealer literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>>143780891
>spare my queen
>his entire colony gets spared
Squealer was the real threat to him.
>>
>>143782473
Except, you know, killing half the village and leading to the genocide of his race.

>>143782552
Well a good portion of it got destroyed by the humans, but he ended up getting his last request fulfilled.

Coolest character desu.
>>
>>143782614
Only killing half the village, you mean.
>>
Friendly reminder that Saki is the true monster of SSY.
She:
-emotionally cheated on Maria.
-sucked Satoru's tiny shota dick, then used that mouth to kiss Maria.
-abandoned Maria in the wilderness to go with Satoru who was in no danger.
-blamed Maria for everything bad that happened.
-knew Squealer tortured Maria and forgave him anyway, letting him out of suffering.
-acted like a bitch to Mamoru and called him pathetic for liking Maria.
-was the cause for nearly everything bad that happened in the series.

Saki is enemy number 1.
>>
>>143781024
Those laughing girls are gigantic
>>
>>143783063
For you.
>>
>>143783001
Points 1 and 5 are bad
1 is simply you not liking sexual preferences of Saki and what that society deems as sexually permissible.
5 is often the trait of the good guy in the Judaeo-Christian world.
Also point point 7 needs to be further explained.
Overall you got a 7/10 rough draft. Remember that the final paper is due Friday and needs to be a minimum of 8 pages long.
>>
>>143783001
>Squealer tortured Maria
You know that's false.
No one can torture a cantus user. Quick death is the only way to kill them

Even if you found a way to disable their powers, if the remained in a bad state of mind, they will turn into an Akuma

So no, you suck
>>
>>143783233
It has nothing to do with their society. Maria was faithful and true to Saki. Saki was just shallow and self serving.
She's hardly a "good guy".

>>143783392
Save for the fact we know he did, because he straight up said he did it to his queen. There is zero reason to think he didn't do it to Maria so he could make human weapons.

>if the remained in a bad state of mind
This doesn't make sense in English. But, it stands to reason that he lobotomized Maria the same way he did the queen. She didn't lose her powers, she just lost the ability to think.
>>
>>143783001
But Maria was the one who abandoned Saki if she stayed they'd probably be happy for the rest of their lives
>>
>>143783556
Idiot
Cantus energy was implied to be directly proportional to the user's personality and intelligence.
Akumas are born out of lunacy and violence
Whereas Karmic demons are of knowledge and wisdom

If they lost the ability to think, then their cantus energy will spill out of control and its game over to everyone in miles
>>
>>143783587
you deleted it.
My reply>>143783724
>>
>>143781024
He was in no way worse than Cantus users.
>>
>>143783625
She couldn't stay, because they, the village elders, were planning to kill Mamoru.

>>143783724
You're retarded, that has nothing to do with what I said.
How much "cantus energy" a person has is irrelevant to the point of Squealer lobotomizing Maria to make her like the queen and using her in the same fashion.
>>
>>143782473
He did. He didn't wait to raise at least another one of those human babies in case the first one dies.
>>
>>143783842
Yes it is, fucktard
Conciousness is the only thing that keeps their powers restrained. Without it, a single cantus user can endanger the entire world.

Not to mention that the cats would have long find them due to traces of cntus energy
>>
>>143783587
>It has nothing to do with their society
In this case it has everything to do with their society. They live in a society that allows and to an extent encourages liberal sexual behavior in maturing kids. A kid performing fellatio on another kid on day and kissing another kid the other day would not be seen as morally corrupting in that society. In fact if the implications of narrator Saki are to be believed the society would see such acts as moral and needed for society to function.
>>
>>143783934
>have long find them
I find it ironic that you think other people are mentally impaired when you are so slow you can't even remember to punctuate correctly.

Anyway, no it's not. The subconscious is what controlled most of it. See the auto self destruct for using cantus on other cantus users. Either way, why do you keep trying to deny this. The story straight up throws it in your face.

>Squealer says he lobotomized the queen of his people so he could use to mass produce soldiers
>Squealer is in a situation where he has access to Maria
>???
>Suddenly he has human weapon cantus users
Do you really think that is a coincidence?

Also, your other statement about "cantus energy" is just flat out wrong, because Maria's child was literally behaving like an animal, thus not intelligent, and her cantus was very strong.
>>
>>143783990
Perception is not reality. What Saki was doing is wrong, even if their society thought it was fine. That's even the main message of the story. Their society thought it was fine to murder children and enslave or mind wash people. Which clearly it's not.
>>
Kiroumaru is probably the most evil character in the show. He only goes after squealer out of petty revenge and jealousy, because squealer rekt him, supposedly the "best" general. (His secondary motive is even dumber, he actually thinks getting rid of a tyrannical queen is somehow a bad thing)
He even admits that he mostly shares squealer's viewpoint about cantus users but is so immensely butthurt that getting revenge on his enemy has a higher priority than saving his entire race. If viewers were less shallow they would recognize him as the most morally bankrupt character in the show. He only gets a pass because he doesn't look as ugly as the other rats and "muh honor"
>>
>>143778586
SQUEALED
Q
U
E
A
L
E
D
>>
>>143784341
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>143784567
Thanks for admitting you are wrong.
>>
>>143784246
The fuck you talking about self destruct?
Oh, wait, you mean the death feedback, isn't it?

Oh yes, that totally works as a self-destruct button. :^)

>Maria's child who was litterally following Squeelers orders and understand the language of the rats
>acts like an animal
I loled.
>>
>>143784659
>can't tell that this is a new IP

Lurk at least 4 years before posting here.
>>
>>143783001
Who the fuck cares about Mamoru. Literally worst character in the show.
>>
>>143784714
>>143784756
It's funny how you go full melt down mode when you realize you are wrong, and changing your IP is mind numbingly simple. The fact you try to use it as an excuse only shows you did it on purpose to try and use it as an excuse.

>acts like an animal
She sure did. Much like how you are about as smart as an animal.
>>
>>143784341
We are quickly approaching the idea of moral relativism so I'll just stop
>>
>>143784835
jesus saki, don't you have chromosomes to repair or something?
>>
>>143784890
I did not even change my IP, fucktard

Keep raging like the cornered beast you are. You might find a damage control button somewhere
>>
>>143784890
Post more because there's nothing more funny than a retard accusing you of samefagging just because you disagree with him.
>>
>>143784901
That's not even close to happening, but it's best to stop either way because it's clear you're never going to act civil or rational.
>he's messing up his punctuation again

>>143784955
>>143784967
You can't really think you're fooling anyone.
And it's not you disagreeing, it's you "both" giving non-answers and not addressing the points people make. You seem to think that because you disagree you "upvote" the other side of the argument and that makes it "more right" or something. But the fact your posts are worthless and don't mean anything because they have no substance or reasoning behind them.
>>
It was shit.
>>
>>143785033
Just leave, man. Go back to whatever shithole you came from. Nobody wants you here and nobody cares what you think.
>>
File: image.png (174 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.png
174 KB, 500x281
>>143785045
what's wrong anon, can't handle a little HOT homo teenage GAY MAN LOVE? I thought /a/ was better than this. what is this, the 1950's???
>>
What is this show and why does a rat and a canon slut upset so many people
>>
>>143785314
Just some newfag getting rammed
>>
>>143780565
I watched it around the same time too.
... that being whenever the episode first aired in 2012!
Rimshot.
>>
>>143785114
The irony is you're clearly the one that's new. Trying to use the "IP count" as an excuse.

Anyway, like I said, it's clear you've gone full melt down mode. Do you really think just saying "lol that's wut u think" changes anything? I gave reasoning and validation for the statements I made. You spammer personal attacks. Just saying "that's wut u think" does stop what I said from being fact.

Seriously, if you can't handle normal discussion why don't you go back to tumblr where you can force your own hug box.
>>
>>143785346
See >>143785372
You're clearly very upset that you lost such a basic argument.
>>
Saki basically cucks the 4 other characters

>sucks off Satoru thus cucking Maria and Shun
>dykes it up with Maria thus cucking Mamoru and Shun
>is in love with Shun thus cucking Maria
>thinks of Shun while having sex with Satoru
>>
>>143783587
>There is zero reason to think he didn't do it to Maria so he could make human weapons.
Okay, question time for you "Maria did nothing wrong and she will never suck Mamoru's dick"fags; if Squealer forced Mamoru and Maria to have sex, then why wouldn't him make them have more children? As far as I recall he got two years to "make false bones". In that time he could had made two more children.
Answer, Squealer found Mamoru with Maria already pregnant. He waited for the baby to be born, then he killed Maria and Mamoru in their sleep.
>>
File: image.png (51 KB, 222x148) Image search: [Google]
image.png
51 KB, 222x148
>>143785372
Oh it's the time where we call any one who replies to us a newfag?

Well you can fuck right back off to >>>/r/eddit newfag
>>
>>143785372
I'll bite. Do you seriously think that you can "win" an argument about morality?

Just go back to tumblr before somebody gets triggered.
>>
>>143785534
Saki's so sexy that I'd willingly be her 5th cuck.
>>
>>143781024
Fucking jew you are. Squeatler was right.
>>
>>143785534
Satoru did the same
>>
>>143785661
Satoru doesnt cuck Mamoru though
So his cuck count is only 3
>>
>>143784246
Are you /u/fags so desesperate to defend your yuri delusions? Maria and Mamoru were very stressed having to run for their lives, their society gets fucking horny when they are scarred/stressed. Maria and Mamoru fucked, then Maria got pregnant.
>>
>>143784890
She didn't act like an animal, if you put attention she was very calm when Cantus user weren't killing rats, she got berseker whenever she saw humans. Squealer called her their messiah, I bet that girl had a messiah complex and that was the reason she seemed to enjoy killing humans.
>>
>>143785202
>what is this, the 1950's???
Go away, SJW.
>>
>>143785534
Wait... so are you saying that Saki is... a whore?
>>
>>143785871
The biggest useless whore.
>>
>>143785900
Your mums a big useless whore
>>
>>143785631
The real answer? Because its a genetic diversity to children born, the more men to a woman the more diverse and less incest defects.

Alternately that stayed into the level population like that was supposed to be ok without that one woman, many different fathers. But it was inducted into the habits of the genes. Women find it hard to have one man.

As a result the male genes started to die out and scientists in the 80's found that the male gene was being wiped out. Only recently has it been disproven that men will become extinct for the human species because of the faithfulness in genes of having multiple offspring with one couple.

Alternatively species who has a single male, many female counterparts like lions/lioness' have a stable gene because the females last past the first, second and even third generation of males as their bodies degenerate faster by being lazy.

While groups of gorillas/apes/etc whose females mate many as a social nature have the nature to fulfill every male and the biggest male has the best "stuff" to get past it and procreate.

Adding a social nature to it is a new part of evolution and it's saving the human race. You have to be a new man all the time to keep a woman. Don't get stagnant with how you are with the girl. Surprises and constant shock causes a woman to stay with you. This is also true in abuse cases which is why I worded it as I did.

===========+
The More You Know
>>
>>143785913
Not as big as Saki, anon.
>>
>>143786061
not mai waifu :(
>>
File: sigh.gif (81 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
sigh.gif
81 KB, 182x249
What the fucking shit
Everytime I make a thread on /a/ with the sole purpose of talking about cute characters it devolves into people being mean to each other
I lurked for 2 years from 2009 to 2011 then another 2 to get a refresher from 2014 to this January but it still seems like I still can't even get the most basic threads right...
>>
>>143786054
um that may be pasta but that actually made me think. Do you have any further reading on the subject?
>>
>>143786108
You should have made this thread in 2009, 4chan was nicer then.
>>
>>143786273
Learning these details over the years. Easy to just google the five subjects:

"human male gene being erased"
"human male gene stable"
"*insert animal here* mating habits and genetics"
"human mating habits of the world"
"women who get bored, cheat"

a simple hypothesis
>>
>>143786321
But anon SSY didn't come out until 2012
>>
>>143786410
Was really hoping for there to already be reputable scientific sources that showed a relationship between monogamy and and non shrinking Ychromosone. Oh well I'll just wait.
>>
I still have only one question about this show.
I didn't understand what this scene was about?
3 of them were just hugging or this was implication of 3some behind the scenes and cucking out Mamoru?
>>
So was that actually semen dripping from the roof of the cave?
>>
Would I be the laughing stock of /a/ if I waifu Saki
>>
>>143787129
No, I think pretty much everyone who watches SSY wants to fuck her.
>>
>>143785584
>>143785592
>>143785821
I find it funny you think you are fooling people by posting from your phone.

Either way, you're a new fag for thinking can fool people with "IP counts", and thinking that saying "lol" and "triggered" are acceptable.

This also has nothing at all to do with morality. You're just flat out wrong, no morals involved.

She also literally never spoke or used her words, she acted like an animal. And trying to avoid the main point, which has nothing at all to do with people's cantus level. It's about him doing the same thing he did to his queen.

>>143785721
>Maria and Mamoru fucked
Who said otherwise? He clearly used both Maria and Mamoru to try and make human weapons. The story even says it's their child.
>>
>>143778905
I kept picturing all of the pequeninos as looking like Squealer.
>>
>>143787320
Even if you are in a fucking phone you can't change IPs, how do I know? Because some faggot samefagged to bump his own thread and an anon pointed it out.
>She also literally never spoke
It is clear she can understand the rats' languague because she spared the man who hide his face abd talked the rats' languague.
Also you are implying Squealer had to force them to fuck, which is wrong because they only needed to be stressed to want to fuck. And if Squaler made them fuck why woudn't he make more kids if he had two years to do whatever he wanted with them?
>>
File: 1465354379674.gif (16 KB, 520x362) Image search: [Google]
1465354379674.gif
16 KB, 520x362
>>143778586
No
>>
>>143787743
You're stupid for thinking playing stupid will fool anyone. Everyone knows about how mobile phone IP address change just by turning the phone or device on and off.

>why woudn't he make more kids
Gee, maybe it's because humans don't grow as fast as rat people. Do fail health class?
>>
>>143782614
Actually most of it was destroyed by Squealer, who did it because Yakomaru's colony wouldn't submit to his rule and make him their communist ruler and lobotomize their mom to be a slave who exists for babymaking.

They spared several colonies and any damage done to them was caused by Squealer himself.
>>
>>143783724
Karmic demons are the result of traumas due to emotions as well, but the person is in control as their cantus goes out of control and can't control it anymore. Shun was repressing a lot of shit that eventually bubbled over.

Akumas go berserk once they can't handle their own issues and just break under their power.
>>
>>143784408
Squealer had a Cantus user on his side. Strategy is shit when your enemy is making mutants and can take away all their weapons and have a secret stash of knowledge to slaughter your group with tech.

Kiroumaru himself spared the kids earlier in the show and asked them not to tell anyone. The committee knew where they were all along but he helped them just cause they were kids and needed it.

He even admitted he sought the Psycho Buster to protect his colony, but knew the risks were far greater than the reward and thus didn't go after it.

Squealer also hated him just as much as he hated Squealer.
>>
>>143778586
The humans were justified in their crusade
the rats simply tried to manipulate them with lies placed lies
>>
>>143784408
Lobotomizing queens to be baby factories isn't any morally better. Squealer also wanted all the rodents to submit to him. If they don't consider him their dark messiah because they aren't fanatics then he just straight up slaughters them all.

He wants to be worshiped like Kamisama's and even uses the same traditions and methods that he supposedly disdains like raising the young of his enemy to serve him, a proud honored tradition his race loved to do with slaves.

And he would have no way of properly dealing with Akuma's, who would wipe out his tribes easily.
>>
>>143788911
>Lobotomizing queens to be baby factories isn't any morally better.
Actually it is. It's not like he did it out of cruelty rather than as a necessary step to enable a somewhat human society for Queerrats.
If anything it's Cuntus users fault for giving human beings the bodies of mole rats.
>>
>>143787945
And why would I want to make that efford for a faggot like you?
Also Squealer HAD two fucking years to make two kids. Which proves he just found Maria already pregnant, killed Maria and Mamoru and killed them when the baby was born. /u/fags are fucking stupid.
>>
>>143790834
>it takes over two years to make a single child
Wow, you are impressive stupid. And it's also funny to see you pathetically bumping your own shit thread from pager ten.

And you don't make the "efford" (effort*) for me, you do it for yourself, because you're pathetically stupid and think more "upvotes" means you "win". So you pretend to be other people and give those upvotes to yourself.
>>
>>143790965
>it takes over two years to make a single child
Where did I say that, faggot? At this point you are talking out of your ass. Or are you forgetting Squealer promised Saki and Satoru somes bones in two years? Kill yourself if you are too salty to accept your beloved Maria fucked a boy by her own will.
Bravo, you had to accuse me of samefagging because you can't accept you are the only one too delusional to accept the true. What's next?
>>
File: saki.png (519 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
saki.png
519 KB, 1366x768
guys please stop fighting can we just talk about how qt Saki is
>>
>>143787332
I always envisioned them as warthog-like, just thinner and on 2 legs
>>
>>143791281
She's one of the best female characters ever written.
>>
>>143791178
Again, you are disgustingly stupid. I never said Maria didn't fuck Mamoru. If fact, this point was brought up already, but you are too blinded by your rage and stupidity to see it. >>143787320
"Who said otherwise". Do you understand what this phrase implies.
>What's next?
Me laughing at you for the dozens of typos in your post.
>>
>>143791470
There are very few sane females in anime sadly.
>>
>>143778586
WE WUZ HUMANS!!!!
>>
>>143791924
/pol/ pls go
>>
>>143791565
Fag, you are saying Squealer lobotomized Maria and Mamoru, which isn't true for the facts I told you.
That anon told you it wasn't possible to lobotimize a cantus user because his/her cantus would go out of control. The only information we have to support this theory is the fact that Mamoru didn't have control over his cantus.
And if you are so salty to use the samefag boogieman you should fuck off to reddit.
>>
Saki is one of the best anime protagonists of all time.
>>
isn't this fujoshit
>>
>>143783392
Novelfag said this:
The rats removed Mamoru and Maria's teeth and took a bone from her arm to make the committee think they were dead. They did this while they were still alive. Then they artificially inseminated Maria using Mamoru's sperm. Once they were sure she was pregnant, Mamoru was killed. Maria was killed after she gave birth.
If it makes you feel better, the rats drugged them so heavily that they were probably almost comatose to avoid getting hurt by them. So they probably didn't feel any pain
>>
I want to hug the Messiah!
>>
>>143793025

Which one was Saki
>>
>>143795074
You don't deserve to watch this
>>
>>143785618
>muh egalitarianism
>calls someone jew
What the hell are you? A 12 year old who adopted the worst traits of progressivism and /pol/?
>>
>>143795074
You got memed
>>
>>143783001
When did number 2 happened?
>>
>>143797774
novelfags
>>
>>143791281
Saki a shit
>>
>>143782473
he was only wrong cause he didn't win
>>
>>143798672
This.
>>
>>143798601
Fight me
>>
>>143795578
The main protagonist. Girl in the opening post.
>>
>>143782473
He did a lot of things wrong, but the humans aren't justified as well. There was no right side.
>>
Just finished watching this, and I'm a little confused.

Was Squeeler supposed to be the good guy?

I just didn't get it. And what's all this about them being like humans?

They're, like, somekinda rat people, they're nothing like humans, it's such a dumb comparison.
>>
>>143802315
Watch it again.
>>
>>143802315
see >>143802376
>>
>>143802315
this >>143802376
and then this >>143802433
>>
>>143802315
see>>143802376
then this>>143802433
also that>>143802717
>>
>>143795513
They probably didn't feel any pain because they're fictional characters.
>>
>>143783001
No
>>
>>143802315
see>>143802376
and this>>143802433
and that>>143802717
as well as this>>143803104
>>
>>143802315
The "rats" were initially human beings. They're what became of the people who were unable to obtain cantus, thus being doomed to being the canti-users slaves. My memory is a little cloudy, but I think it was strongly implied, if not outright said that the cantus-users used something to change their DNA or some shit to make them become rats who are unable to harm cantus-users in any way, thus being capable of completely enslaving them.
It was also implied that Squealer got behind all of that and wanted his race to finally be free again. Wether he's the good guy or not is up to you, all of the characters in this anime are neither good nor bad. They're all very grey.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong, it's been ages since I've watched it.
>>
>>143803473
>all of the characters in this anime are neither good nor bad. They're all very gay.
Fixed.
>>
>>143803473
>They're all very gay.

FTFY
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763 KB, 1024x768
>>143803524
>>143803526
>>
>>143795074
If 8 seconds total counts as "fujoshit".
>>
>>143784408
Is this a new meme where autists attempts to flip all morality?

Why did he approve of his queen?
Because that was how it always had been. Revolting and turning her into a baby factory is no better.

He was just butthurt?
His sworn duty is to protect the humans. Almost his entire colony got genocided by Squealer breaking the rules. Furthermore, he almost was killed.
Kiro had many reasons to want to kill Squealer.

>best general
Among the rats, yes. No one can defeat a human.

>saving his race
Why do you think Kiro's decision condemned his race? If they had succeeded in the rebellion, it would most likely have been destroyed by humans outside Japan or other rats/species.
>>
>>143785534
It's almost like humans in puberty like having sex with multiple people?

>cuck
Buzzword
>>
>>143786724
Hugging goodbye.
>>
>>143788254
Oh I agree. We can assume it got fucked by both though.

Humans were still fighting them indiscriminately during the whole trip to Tokyo.
>>
>>143790526
>muh utilitarianism

>human beings the bodies of molerats
They aren't human anymore.
>>
>>143791281
She was way better written than almost anything else from Japan.
>>
>>143780891
>putting his colony above his species
He deserved way worse.
>>
>>143793025
She was human.

>>143795074
Watch it and see.
>>
>>143798672
That's how a lot of life is.

>>143802110
I think Saki and Satorou realized that at the end when they figured out what happened to the normal humans.

>>143802315
Rewatch the show

>>143803310
>probably
>>
>>143798672
Just like Hitler.
>>
>>143788501
>Squealer had a Cantus user
And Kiroumaru would get doped up before fighting.
>>143803994
>they aren't human anymore
Neither are cuntus users. Both of them have changed too much to be considered humans.
At least the mole rats under Squealer sought to establish a human society.
>inb4 hurr durr Squealer was in it for da power
Squealer fought against unbeatable mutant "gods" to free his people. If he was in it for power he would have just wiped Kiroumaru's army out and been king of the mole rats.
>>
File: 1460849577574.webm (1 MB, 568x720) Image search: [Google]
1460849577574.webm
1 MB, 568x720
>>143803473
>They're all very grey.
>>
>>143803524
>>143803526
>Bisexual

>>143803473
Molerats have a number of similar genes with humans (much like pigs or monkeys) in real life.
So the cantus humans mixed molerat genes with normal humans 400-500 years before the events of the book.
Eventually this led to semi-human slave colonies of molerats working for the cantus humans.

Almost no one except the elderly Ethics Commisioner knew that until Saki and Satorou discovered the fact. It is implied that they did not tell anyone of this fact though because it could ruin society.

The whole novel is meant to make people question our own morality, and how relative it is to our point of view.
Who is human? Who deserves human rights? What really makes us so different?
>>
File: OP and his gay lover.png (516 KB, 820x461) Image search: [Google]
OP and his gay lover.png
516 KB, 820x461
>>143803526
>>143803524
Fucking bonobo people
>>
Seriously, what gives? I've been seeing SSY all over the past few weeks. This is the most attention it's gotten since it finished airing.
Has it really been long enough for this show to end up one a bunch of "le mature anime for le mature audience" lists?
>>
>>143804046
If he didn't put his colony above Squealer's rebellion, his entire species may have been exterminated.

By sacrificing himself for Saki, he at least guaranteed his colony (and others outside the village) would survive.
>>
File: Laughing Lain.gif (295 KB, 700x704) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Lain.gif
295 KB, 700x704
>>143804277
>Squealer fought against unbeatable mutant "gods" to free his people
Everyone in the show knows that the humans does not give any shit about the molerats. They are anything but oppressed

Squeeler wanted to exterminat the humans becuse they are a blockade to his expansion
>>
>>143804400
It's been about 4 years and 8 since the book.
So yes it can be considered one of the older works now in /a/'s existence.

Also, it's way better and the threads are way more civil than most of /a/.
I'd say you should chill and try to focus on the topic and not analyzing why it seems like people are talking about it more.
>>
>>143804465
>the humans does not give any shit about the molerats

Because in relative terms, humans don't give a shit about anything other than humans.

I promise you even the most hardcore vegan would subconsciously choose to save a human over a rat.
We aren't so different from the animals we use.
>>
>>143804465
>cuntus users don't give a shit about humans
fixed that for you. The fact that they used them as slave labor, made them fill out forms just to fight wars between themselves, and threatened to wipe out any colony they even suspected of not being complete slaves proves how wrong you are.
Unless you mean cuntus users didn't give a shit about mole rats because they didn't value their lives in the slightest.
>>143804433
Squealer had a WMD against the mutated telepaths and could have obtained the "psycho buster" as well.
Even if he didn't get the anthrax he would have simply had to wage a war of attrition till the next generation of WMDs grew up.
The trip to Tokyo was a hail mary which won the cuntus users the war, and Kiroumaru was the instrumental part in the equation.
>>
File: UtenaIsDisappoint.jpg (71 KB, 550x420) Image search: [Google]
UtenaIsDisappoint.jpg
71 KB, 550x420
>>143804625
That does not chance the fact that the rats enjoyed free reign.

If ever, the humans are actually protecting them from foreign invaders and ensured that every war will be negotiated properly
>>
File: 1418612394300.jpg (16 KB, 296x177) Image search: [Google]
1418612394300.jpg
16 KB, 296x177
>>143804712
>The fact that they used them as slave labor
I loled
Come on man. A single cantus user can outdo the entire colony in a single day
The only time where the rats was used was after the Akuma tragedy and that only lasted until the cats were made
>>
File: Did nothing wrong.jpg (64 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Did nothing wrong.jpg
64 KB, 1200x675
Did the cantus users also have superhuman senses? Wouldn't it actually be easy to wage a war of attrition (poisoning wells, killing people when they sleep, destroying food) against the cantus users?
Why did Squealer need another cantus user to defeat the others?
>>
>>143804792
That's impossible. Thoughts of murder will cause their organs to fail.
This was stated clearly.
>>
>>143804780
>shows mole rats doing labor in the show for people
Come on man.
>a single cuntus user can outdo the entire colony
You're right but they are lazy bastards who'd rather bone all day and kill children then actually do work.
>>143804717
>humans enjoyed free reign
Except they didn't. The mutants had an entire bureau dedicated to monitoring them and wiping them out without the slightest consideration.
Hell when they learned Squealer created a mole rat democracy their minds were made up about wiping them out.
>>
>>143804712
Cantus humans cared way more for cantus humans than molerats.
As for if humans that sacrifice an entire group of their own (genocide) can be considered human anymore, well ask Squealer who genocided his own if they didn't agree to a rebellion.

>Squealer had a WMD against the mutated telepaths and could have obtained the "psycho buster" as well.

There were definitely humans outside Japan who would have not followed the restraints of the village. His rebellion would have failed eventually. Not to mention if he ran into a karmic demon.

>Even if he didn't get the anthrax he would have simply had to wage a war of attrition till the next generation of WMDs grew up.

And they would have been defeated by karmic demons, other rats, or humans outside the bounds of the village.

Squealer was like Lenin.
>>
>>143804830
I was talking about the mole rats killing the cantus users.
Mole rats have a clear advantage in a war of attrition (burning fields, poisoning water, attacking when they sleep). I know why they needed a cantus user to kill other cantus users but they could probably do a ton of damage without telekinesis
>>
File: 1420701219341.jpg (8 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
1420701219341.jpg
8 KB, 170x170
>>143804903
What labor are you talking about?
All there was implied is that rats and humans are trading with each other

>The mutants had an entire bureau dedicated to monitoring them
Thats called the UN, fucknut.
Freedom is retricted by the freedom of others
>>
>>143804792
He definitely tried during the Takabana festival, but as you can see the rebellion would have been defeated by just that one monk who could create a permanent shield barrier.

He needed either 21st century weaponry or a cantus user.

>>143804903
The monk destroyed the entire molerat attack force. Only Maria's daughter defeated him and turned the tide.

>humans enjoyed free reign
>humans

>Except they didn't. The mutants had an entire bureau dedicated to monitoring them and wiping them out without the slightest consideration.

Because they knew losing to molerats would lead to genocide.

>Hell when they learned Squealer created a mole rat democracy their minds were made up about wiping them out.
When? They were perfectly fine with keeping Kiro's colony even though they showed the capability for human institutions.
>>
>>143786410
You fucking retard the Y chromosome is not "disappearing" is deleting unnecessary segments. If it started losing important coding sections the walking abortion that carried it would never reproduce. There is always going to be 2 genders because sexual reproduction has an evolutionary advantage compared to non-sexual.
>>
>>143804970
The cantus users know how to accelerate egg growth, create glasses, and clearing poison gas
Eliminating impurities in the water and soil will be easy as pie

It's the mole rats who are n danger in attrition wars because their only advantage is numbers and that take ALOT of food
>>
>>143804914
If my memory serves correctly it was the cantus users who were slaughtering children.
>Squealer genocided anyone who didn't agree to a rebellion
One thing the anime shows is that almost every mole rat hates the cantus users and was willing to die to kill them. Squealer brought other colony's under his leadership (which was necessary to fight such a huge history changing war) but can hardly be considered genocide in the slightest.
>There were definitely humans outside Japanwho would have not followed the restraints of the village. His rebellion would have failed eventually. Not to mention if he ran into a karmic demon.
Nothing is shown of the world outside of Japan. We don't know if cantus users control with a similar system (which Squealer still could have defeated with his telekinetic kids). Also karmic demons can easily be killed with another fake "ogre." karmic demons were only a problem because of the inability of society to kill them with their power.
>And they would have been defeated by karmic demons, other rats, or humans outside the bounds of the village.
other rats wouldn't stand a chance against them as shown with the hornet's army. Also the humans outside the bounds of the village would have succumbed as well since we can assume they also cannot kill the fake ogre
>>
>>143786724
>3 of them were just hugging or this was implication of 3some behind the scenes and cucking out Mamoru?
Yeah, Saki orgies are pretty common in the story, she literally raped the whole population of this world.
>>
Why was the ED so good?
>>
>>143805062
>because they knew losing to molerats would lead to genocide
True but the opposite is also true. The council repeatedly wiped out colonies for no reason beyond "no paper work"
>When? They were perfectly fine with keeping Kiro's colony even though they showed the capability for human institutions.
When Saki gave the briefing on the incident. Besides the cantus users casually advocating wiping out colonies without proof they also scoffed at Squealer's colony being a democracy and mirroring human society.
>>143805172
True forgot how ridiculously strong "power" was.
>>
File: angry rat.jpg (25 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
angry rat.jpg
25 KB, 640x360
>>143805050
>What labor are you talking about?
Well Saki's father mentions them using them as labor and we later see them clearing a water blockage for the village.
>Freedom is restricted by others
Except the mole rats had absolutely no freedom
>>
>>143803524
>>143803526
Wasn't a personal choice, having sex is basically an obligation, is the main pillar of their society, but you are also forbid to have sex with the opposite gender to avoid a teenage pregnancy, remember the egg that Shun was taking care of to have an example of what would happen, that's the reason why everyone was so "gay".
>>
>>143805230
>If my memory serves correctly it was the cantus users who were slaughtering children.

Selective eugenics for the sake of survival is not slaughtering children.

>One thing the anime shows is that almost every mole rat hates the cantus users and was willing to die to kill them.
Okay? How does this change him slaughtering the other two alliances?

>Squealer brought other colony's under his leadership (which was necessary to fight such a huge history changing war) but can hardly be considered genocide in the slightest.

Hardly? He enslaved the losers and added them to his own rebellion (which he gets to lead).

>Nothing is shown of the world outside of Japan.
The novel states that there are civilizations outside Japan.

>We don't know if cantus users control with a similar system (which Squealer still could have defeated with his telekinetic kids).
Common sense would show that some societies followed Japan's way and other did not. These others would have easily destroyed his rebellion.
>Also karmic demons can easily be killed with another fake "ogre."
No they cannot.
>karmic demons were only a problem because of the inability of society to kill them with their power.
And because of their uncontrolled power to destroy everything within a few miles?

Maria's daughter would have been just as likely defeated by a karmic demon. And it would take years for Squealer to make more.

His rebellion, not the Tokyo expedition, was a hail mary.

I can't blame him for what he did. I'd do the same. But he was still wrong.
>>
File: 1455933002226.jpg (59 KB, 300x366) Image search: [Google]
1455933002226.jpg
59 KB, 300x366
>>143805436
Stop that, anon.
The molerats were so free to live according to how they want that the humans never even realized that there were almost invaded - had it not for Kiomaru's report

They never even knew about the Queen being lobotomized if not for Saki
>>
>>143805436
>had absolutely no freedom

Wut?

>>143805380
Because absolute control of the molerats was required to avert genocide.

>When Saki gave the briefing on the incident.
Shows they were willing to negotiate.
>Besides the cantus users casually advocating wiping out colonies without proof they also scoffed at Squealer's colony being a democracy and mirroring human society.
Saki and Sato didn't.
>>
The only ones in the wrong are the past humans who cornered cantus users into changing everyone into molerats.

They knew cantus users couldn't harm them because of death feedback and bullied them, serves them right
>>
>>143805436
>allowed to create their own government
>allowed to build their own civilization
>allowed to wage wars

>the mole rats had absolutely no freedom
kek
>>
>>143805629
Thats from 1000 years ago.
Can you not?
>>
>>143805629
Just no. Rewatch/read the story.
>>
>>143805669
Yes but that's what started the whole situation.

On the last conflict of SSY you can't say either humans or molerats were right or wrong, the situation was forced upon them by what happened in the past.
>>
I've never had an urge to buy figurines before but fuck I really want something of kid Saki and Squealer
>>
>>143805669
Stealing a people's humanity and forcing them to be subservient for so long that everyone straight up forgets that they were ever human isn't the kind of thing that gets better with time
>>
>>143805330
Because I thought my PC was doing some retarded shit with the audio when it first started playing.
>>
>>143805877
Except it is something that can't be solved through violence either
And revenge was not Squeeler's goal either
Bastard was an evil dictator
>>
>>143805952
Squealer only became what he became because he learned the truth and wanted revenge.

"We are humans", he straight up said that.
Or do you think he only had eyes on conquering lands and getting rid of the dirty non-molerats?
>>
>>143805952
His goal was to reestablish his people's humanity
I can't see any other means for him to go about this than what he did considering his opponents could blow him up with a thought and had his entire species referring to them as gods.
>>
>>143805812
Specimen X, the first cantus human that attacked others, started it all.

That's literally the first minute of the anime.

>>143805847
Haha they are pretty cool together.

>>143805877
Maybe so. I don't think morality can be judged at that point. The molerats simply aren't human anymore.

>>143805908
Hahaha it had quite a unique sound. You should listen to the instrumental version.

>>143805952
Squealer wanted freedom for his people, and power over his people. I'm not sure which comes first. I think his eventual decisions in the anime showed that he desired both equally.

If you were in his position, would you fight for freedom? If you realized your people were slaves who descended from humans?
>>
>>143806094
>Specimen X, the first cantus human that attacked others, started it all.
>That's literally the first minute of the anime.

Except that got solved when cantus users modified their own DNA so they couldn't harm humans anymore.

By your line of thought you could trace the problem back to the first human being ever being born, our galaxy forming or the big bang happening.
>>
>>143805908
I thought I had a corrupted file.
>>
File: 3.jpg (171 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
171 KB, 750x563
>>143788911
>Lobotomizing queens to be baby factories isn't any morally better
Freeing all your people from tyrannical rule by sacrificing your tyrant is perfectly fine, morally.
>>
>>143806182
>cantus users destroy world
>enslave humans and force them to be slaves
>their infighting threatens to destroy the world
>put a limit on their power but at the same time don't want to lose privileged status so they mutate humans who don't posses the demonic power
Wow they're just great im sure they mutated people because they "bullied" them. It was to preserve their power. If they were benevolent they wouldn't force mole rats into servitude or threaten their destruction for dropping a hat.
Also they should have imposed the inability to kill on the regular humans as well (though none of this would have been necessary if cantus users didn't sprout up and destroy the world).

The only instance in the show where we are treated to human vs cantus user violence is in the flashback where the normal people assassinate their despotic and genocidal ruler.
>>
>>143806094
>mole rats aren't people
Except in motivation, behavior, and culture they are far closer to humanity than the "humans"
In fact neither the "humans" or the mole rats are humans anymore. Both have been altered too much but one has been altered mentally (humans) and the other physically (mole rats)
>>
>>143806949
Not "at the same time",
They put "a limit" on their powers that was as good as nullifying it, and I guess understandably the normal humans used it to come back at them.

When the "bullying" was cantus->noncantus they changed their own DNA in a way that they could easily die any moment

Now when the "bullying" turned into noncantus->cantus, changing their DNA is fair game, don't you think?

And well I guess treating the now-molerats humans as not humans had to happen otherwise it would be pointless, the death feedback would still apply wouldn't it? That might have spiraled into a real big discrimination but that is itself a symptom of what happened on the past.

It's been a long time since I have watched this, I invite you to look up a video of that mobile library talking about the past if you want to prove what you said is right and I'm the wrong one.
>>
>>143806182
He was the first cantus user to attack humans. If you want to be pedantic with cause and effect suit yourself.

>>143806520
Maybe you did.

>>143806949
Humans are shit whether they have powers or not.

>>143806797
How does that make any sense? It's like the Russian Revolution. It just replaced one terror with another.

>>143807211
I agree with your second statement.
Saki and Satorou come to that realization at the end of the show/novel.
>>
>>143807300
>treating the now-molerats humans as not humans had to happen
Of course, I mean treating them like animals, which is what their appearance now is.
>>
>>143807211
"Do you consider them as human, Saki?"
>>
>>143807315
>He was the first cantus user to attack humans.
Again, that got resolved, thus it is not possible for that to be the original cause of the current conflict.

Cantus users were made as harmless as flies, without being able to consciously harm directly or indirectly a fellow human.
I don't mean that was atoning for their previous slaughtering, but it's not like you hold a grudge for that, right?
>>
>>143807537
No. Cantus users literally caused a world war that ruined the world, leading to civilizational collapse, and soon cantus users became dominant.

That's what the anime showed from the library. I don't know about the novel, although I plan to read it.
>>
>>143807695
So cantus users caused a collapse, then the death feedback and normal human's DNA modding happened at the same time? If so then why did they do the death feedback thing if not to protect normal humans of the mindless slaughter?

But if that's the case then I'm showing faulty memory, my bad.
>>
File: We are ningen!.jpg (69 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
We are ningen!.jpg
69 KB, 1920x1080
>>143807300
It is never implied or shown that cantus users acted in self defense (even in intention). From the numerous flashbacks all we see are abusive cantus users killing and subjugating at will.
Cantus users created the problem by simply existing. This is not being mean, but a fact. Their existence (even if they try and temper it with genetic coding) is a self destructive and completely unjustifiable one. The societies they build are a house of cards which need to topple.
>It's been a long time since I have watched this, I invite you to look up a video of that mobile library talking about the past if you want to prove what you said is right and I'm the wrong one.
Great part about this anime is it never outright states the past, but it can be inferred that cantus users are the problem.
>>143807537
>Cantus users were made harmless
Except they still are extremely dangerous whether they intend to be or not. I don't mean in their pure destructive power either but in their subconscious poisoning of the world around them.
Though they may not intend it cantus is a corrupting power which needed and still needs to be eradicated.
Their self preservation through abusing other humans (turning them into mole rats) further reveals how unjustifiable they are.
>>
>>143807986
They didn't want to fuck each other over but then realized they liked their privileged status over normies, so they rewrote their genome in order to make them look as distinct as possible from humans as to not trigger death feedback.
>>
>>143808058
>subconscious poisoning of the world around them
Was it this that turned non-cantus users into molerats? Or a conscious mass DNA modding event?
>>
>>143807986
>If so then why did they do the death feedback thing if not to protect normal humans of the mindless slaughter
Your wrong about intention. Their intention was never a humanitarian one or even a justifiable one. They didn't do it in self defense but to preserve their own power.

If their intention was to protect normal humans they wouldn't have played God with their genetics and treated them worse than slaves.

Mole rats are humans mentally. Cantus users may have preserved their appearance but they aren't humans anymore.
It comes down to what do you think humans are. Are we humans because of our bodies or are we human because of our motivations, our thought, and our reason.
>>
>>143808134
Ok that makes a lot of sense, it seems I was wrong, sorry
>>
>>143808245
conscious mass DNA modding.
The subconscious poisoning of the world interestingly enough doesn't seemed to have altered the mole rats of the region (though this may because they have intimate knowledge of and treat mole rats as inferior creatures).
>>
>>143805550
>selective eugenics
Would imply that they wouldn't allow "bad seeds" to breed. Instead they sent monsters out to murder any child they couldn't control.
> He enslaved the losers and added them to his own rebellion (which he gets to lead)
You are inserting your own bias here. Mole rat colonies were never shown to be slaves to Squealer at all. In fact Squealer had a legislature formed and liberated the queerrats from their queens.
>The novel states that there are civilizations outside Japan.
Obviously they exist. Does the novel say they mirror the society in Japan?
>Common sense would show that some societies followed Japan's way and other did not. These others would have easily destroyed his rebellion
I think it is implied that the death by shame is a worldwide phenomena (if not what would stop other cantus users from fucking over the pussies in Japan?) which would give Squealer a great advantage. I don't know if all normal humans have been mutated to queerrats but the queerrat phenomena is also probably worldwide.

>karmic demons are unstoppable
Eh I doubt it. It'd devolve into power vs power. Karmic demons are shown though to be extremely suicidal.
>>
>>143808393
Actually I was thinking about the possibility of the leak being responsible for the very molerat uprising. I am assuming of course that when the cantus humans altered the normies they did not only alter their bodies but also made sure they were more subservient and/or less capable of free thought. It might have been obviously caused by the molerats becoming aware of the gods non-god status when they were used to dispose of the 'troublesome' humans before the eve of copycats, but I believe none of the molerat humans allowed to kill the cantus users lived to tell the tale.
>>
>>143804283
Shut up Puuko
>>
>>143808873
He was outright overjoyed at getting molerats to serve his colony back when he first met he kids, and they were collecting baby humans to raise as weapons.

Queerats take the young of their defeated to serve them.

The problem though is that the only thing that stops a karmic demon is lucky breaks. The same kind that Squealer was betting on to beat humans. They have a slim chance of working.
>>
>>143808873
We only know the system was put in place in asia. No mention beyond that.
>>
>>143808982
>altered their mind as well
Possible but not really necessary seeing as they have godlike powers. One central theme of the show is how arrogant the cantus users are in everything relating to queerrats.
It's an interesting theory but the mole rats already knew the cantus users weren't gods but simply possessed crazy powers. Kiroumaru says all querrats know about the cantus users weaknesses (death of shame) but didn't possess the power to challenge them.
>>
>>143808255
I don't know the monstrous things Cantus users did are pretty human things to do.
>>
>>143806094
Squealer was great because he was definitely doing it for power as much as he was doing it for what he thought helped his people.
>>
>>143795566
remembering this show more as i read the thread... did she never walk by any bodies of water? frozen ice? How the fuck did she never see her reflection?
>>
>>143808305
Also remember, normal humans never developed death feedback so they would've actually had an advantage over the psychics
>>
>>143809229
Squealer had already caught the false minishiro by the time he started subjugating other queerrat colonies. He knew he needed the combined strength of all querrats to defeat the cantus users.
>Querrats take the young of their defeated to serve them
Yeah, but Squealer outright says that he has abolished this practice. Even the humans he abducted were going to be raised as queerrats not weapons.

karmic demons are as susceptible to death as regular people. The only thing stopping them from being beaten is the death of shame. Squealer's messiah could deal with a karmic demon (seeing as the death of shame can still kill karmic demons).
>>
>>143809514
>(seeing as the death of shame can still kill karmic demons).
???
I thought the dangerous thing about them was that they didn't have this inhibition so nobody could fight evenly with them
>>
>>143809505
She saw her reflection repeatedly but it didn't really matter because growing up a queerrat.
>>143809361
True, I'm not saying we aren't capable of similar things. Doesn't change the fact that the cantus users were in the wrong completely and undeserving of sympathy.
>>
>>143809596
I'm pretty certain this is indeed the case.
>>
>>143809596
That's ogres.
Karmic demons can kill subconsciously without intention generally in a cataclysmic explosion of power. A karmic demon can't try to kill someone because the death of shame will still trigger.
>>
>>143809514
Except for all the queerats he exterminated and bullied with brute force to serving him. Most of Kiroumaru's colony was one sidedly slaughtered because of him and Kirou's own men gave their lives to ensure his survival.

Karmic demons are fucking powerful. More powerful than even other cantus users beitcause the power goes out of control.

Only lucky breaks like the kid going to meet a doctor for medicine ended one of them.
>>
>>143809505
I think she did, but that wasn't enough to make her acknowledge she's human and not a queerat.

And on the end, seeing she killed a queerat is what triggered the death feedback, as she thought she was one of them. What a waste, she was so cute
>>
>>143809753
You mean he was cute.
>>
>>143809794
No way.
Are you serious?
>>
>>143809703
Ah I got it mixed up as well, but that doesn't really matter if their power is so great it kills and twists most things before they reach them.

Only when they suicide or want their dick wet like Shun do they leave that person unharmed.

Hell Shun tried suicide pills and they did not work.
>>
>>143809744
That kid was an ogre not a karmic demon.
>Most of Kiroumaru's colony was one sidedly slaughtered because of him and Kirou's own men gave their lives to ensure his survival.
Yes Kiroumaru and the Hornets had to be either eliminated or assimilated to be able to fight the humans. Your point? Squealers end goal has always been ensuring his species preeminence not catering to his single colony (he would have enslaved all the other colonies if that was indeed his wish).
>>
>>143809823
Originally in the novels it was a male, the anime chose a different sex, probably to evoke a bit more compassion for his/her fate.
>>
>>143809823
I also thought Mamoru was a girl at first.
>>143809828
Yeah they are dangerous but a direct confrontation with a human with power who wasn't inhibited by the death of shame would probably result in the karmic demons death.

Though I agree only suicide, wet dicks, or no death of shame can kill a karmic demon.
>>
>>143809870
Kiroumaru still had other colonies on his side that were slaughtered as well. Only some like the really weak one Saki and them met changed sides due to the difference in power.

>>143809888
All that says is that women are the root of all evil. I bet a woman came up with molerats cause she thought they were ugly.
>>
Wait how the fuck did that kid erase Kiromaru's army without dying to death feedback?
>>
>>143808873
>Would imply that they wouldn't allow "bad seeds" to breed. Instead they sent monsters out to murder any child they couldn't control.

Same thing. The Ethics Commisioner lady explicitly states that they are practicing eugenics and social molding to prevent karmic demons/ogres.

>Mole rat colonies were never shown to be slaves to Squealer at all. In fact Squealer had a
Episode 7.

>Does the novel say they mirror the society in Japan?
I am not sure but I'd assume there is variation.

>I think it is implied that the death by shame is a worldwide phenomena (if not what would stop other cantus users from fucking over the pussies in Japan?)
Giant fucking radioactive oceans full of animals that want to kill people plus horrible energy forces. Although I agree that the anime implies that Squealer may have conquered the world, I think that was just from Saki's viewpoint.

>which would give Squealer a great advantage. I don't know if all normal humans have been mutated to queerrats but the queerrat phenomena is also probably worldwide.

We simply don't know enough. I am sorry if I have led us down a rabbit hole. No hard feelings.
>>
>>143810084
He didn't, he just disarmed then, as hinted at in the anime, the normal queerrats killed them.
>>
>>143810008
In fact Shun had to have his powers consume him to stop it from harming Saki. So the only ones who can stop are themselves because their powers will protect them whether they want it or not.
>>
>>143810123
Him conquering the world is definitely her being dramatic
>>
>>143810130
The more I think about that condition the more I become certain it's one of the shitiest ways to go, you either harm everyone around you or kill yourself. It was also mentioned that it usually happens to the most sensitive people which makes it even worse.
>>
This show is literally L I T E R A L L Y the AOTY of 2011 AND 2012.

It's the only anime I own on blu-ray.

Kami-sama bless SSY
>>
>>143809339
Essentially, all the semi-intelligent molerats knew the humans were not gods. Just people with powers and weaknesses.

>>143809418
Of course.
The show (and novel) is interesting because it's so hard to know who was right and wrong. It's about moral relativism but also mercy and forgiveness.

>>143809505
She definitely saw herself when Sato created the mirror. But she was raised as a molerat.

Remember that story of the dog-girl from Ukraine? Humans aren't much different than beasts.

>>143809514
Death by shame does not happen for karmic demons. The novel and anime imply this.

>>143809703
Karmic demons have little control of their power or their minds. Shun accelerated the process once Saki left because he knew he was soon to lose his mind.

I wouldn't be so sure that Maria's daughter or even more of her would have won a fight.

>>143809870
>muh utilitarianism

You're literally a utilitarian.
>>
>>143810123
>Episode 7
Is the old custom of queerrat culture. Squealer did away with a lot of the archaic queerat culture and probably didn't have slavery either.
>Same thing. The Ethics Commisioner lady explicitly states that they are practicing eugenics and social molding to prevent karmic demons/ogres.
I know why they did it, but it didn't justify it. It is shown that they go way overboard with how many children they kill and why they kill them.
>Giant oceans of killer animals
Good enough reason i guess though even these highly evolved killing machines pose almost no threat to cantus users.
>We simply don't know enough
True. I wonder if the novel explains more.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 1136x640
>>143810008
>I also thought Mamoru was a girl at first.

Kek

The animation style has the 2005-2008 look in that the guys have long hair and twinkish bodies. It was popular at the time if y'all remember.
So I understand the mistake.
>>
>>143810371
>utlitarianism
Is objectively less shitty than the alternative the anime gives us.
I'm definitely not one in real life though.
>>
>>143810378
>True. I wonder if the novel explains more.
It does, and is translated, it's a good read I recommend it.
http://shinsekai.cadet-nine.org/category/news/
>>
>>143810194
I had that impression as well. His ideological rebellion was doomed from the start like Lenin's.

>>143810242
Plus his dog...
>>
>>143810469
Obviously a more humane way is to genetically alter the chosen people to be part-demon, send them into the sky on arks, bomb the shit out of the eath to kill billions, and then send murderbots to finish the rest.

Then bring the chosen down to build an eternal medieval kingdom to worship God forever with no pesky innovation or free will.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 1136x640
>>143810312
2012-2013

But yes it is one of my all time favorites. I had lost hope in anime/manga/novels for a couple years until I found this gem in 2013.

Hard to describe what the studio did right, but my favorite scene had to be the animation when Saki and Sato are falling through the sky.
>>
>>143810543
Well we know there are multiple villages in Japan along with government institutions and all he succeeded at was on village destroyed and several government areas ruined.
>>
>>143810378
Stop saying queerat. It bothers me because we use the word queer for different purposes here.

>he did away
I have a hard time believing he stopped enslaving others.

>I know why they did it, but it didn't justify it. It is shown that they go way overboard with how many children they kill and why they kill them.

Maybe so, but it's better than the alternative where everyone gets slaughtered by karmic demons and ogres.
They really pigeon-holed themselves into this society and I'd be surprised if rebellions don't happen again.
The Cantus humans created these problems for themselves. Saki and Sato realize this fact at the end.

>Good enough reason i guess though even these highly evolved killing machines pose almost no threat to cantus users.
I believe they also have these fields of "emotional instability/power fluctuation." Too hard to explain. I hope you remember the parts where it is mentioned about "outside the village" though.

>True. I wonder if the novel explains more
I plan to buy it. I believe it does and it also has some stuff that got censored.
>>
>>143810833
>>143810512
>>
>>143810469
I am not sure about that. I understand sacrificing for the greater good, but Squealer had no morality. It was total war for him.
I'd do the same but it was definitely not utilitarianism for cantus humans as well.

>>143810512
Huh oh wow.
Thanks.

>>143810655
We also know that even the best molerats got BTFO in Tokyo. I don't understand fully how the "psychological energy" works in that world, but the molerats would have had a difficult time without Candus powers.
>>
>>143810833
checked
Everything is not given to us so it is fair enough for you to think he was still enslaving his kind. I think he wasn't but no proof either way.
>Maybe so, but it's better than the alternative where everyone gets slaughtered by karmic demons and ogres.
They really pigeon-holed themselves into this society
It's the scale in which they do it. The alternative isn't that bad (since cantus users need to be purged anyway), but yeah like most aspects of the anime it is a no win situation.
>I believe it does and it also has some stuff that got censored.
I'm betting it is mostly sexual stuff (maybe between minors), but I also am going to get it.
>>
>>143810943
I didn't believe that guy would finish translating it but the faggot proved me wrong. It never ceases to amaze me how people can find motivation for such projects.
>>
>>143811026
The said thing is that most people can't defy society as it is as they are basically sheep with little free will.

They cull the ones unworthy and the ones with free will can get messed up due to how controlling society.
>>
>>143811026
Good talk.

Favorite part of the show?

>>143811104
There's some people who I'm still amazed by to this day.
400 or so pages of Japanese translated.

I am gonna spend a while reading it tonight.
>>
>>143811201
You'd be surprised how much someone from the 1800's would say the same of our society.

Generally the "optimal" human systems aren't the ones that mold our society.
It's the systems that are best at killing off the others and self-replicating, that take ahold.
>>
>>143811201
>>143811104
THEY ARE ACTUALLY CALLED QUEERATS
>>
Remember Reiko.
>>
>>143812067
When she disappeared at first I thought it was a continuity error.
>>
File: best grandma.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
best grandma.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>143808134
>normies
Fuck off.
>>
>>143812816
It would not be a thread on /a/ without someone trying to fit in. Are you upset anon? Upset that someone used a word? Even though that word makes sense in contexts?
>>
>>143812816
Relax.
>>
>>143786054
>the females last past the first, second and even third generation of males as their bodies degenerate faster by being lazy.

Lost it there.

You do know that in lion prides it's the females who do most of the hunting and other important work, right?
>>
>>143814200
I have no idea if that anon is correct but I think you misread his post.
>>
>>143810047
It's because they wanted to put emphasis on Saki's love for Maria by making the child that looks like her the same sex, you fucking mouthbreather. Go cry about how much you don't like girls on /r9k/
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.