[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Admit it, the anime original filler was bad and almost ruined
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
Admit it, the anime original filler was bad and almost ruined the whole series.
>>
>>143777040
Admit it, the last episode of the otherwise bad anime original filler that almost ruined the whole series was absolutely fantastic and brilliantly self-aware in its sheer, unadulterated fun.
>>
It's a known fact and very few people will deny it. I don't understand why they chose that anime-original shit when there were two side stories they could have used, both of which could have helped set up a possible Index season 3 (since that's confirmed to come first if they pick up raildex again).

At least we're getting close to having enough manga material for a full season. It'll help remedy their allergy to consistent quality.
>>
File: km.png (214 KB, 595x648) Image search: [Google]
km.png
214 KB, 595x648
Admit it, Kongou is the patrician's best girl.
>>
>>143777270

I haven't read Index, but how much did the anime have original filler material?

>>143777305

There is not enough hentai of her.
>>
>>143777553

Index had no filler shit, but it did cut out some good bits especially in the first season. The series comes together and gets good right where the anime ends which is a huge case of blue balls.
>>
>>143777305

Kongou is great, damn Nagai's meddling. Rakko is my girl but manga Kongou is easily top 5.
>>
>>143777644

>but it did cut out some good bits especially in the first season

Story arc -much, less/more?
>>
>>143777553
Index suffered from the opposite problem, cutting some important info so it could squeeze novels into 1-2 episodes.

Railgun is the one that went nuts with filler, and Nagai's changes and additions were so extensive that pretty much the entire thing barring the Sisters arc should be disregarded as a fanfic. He fucked around with character personalities and relationships so he could get his ideal 4-girl-group scenario, cut canon scenes to give his favorite character additional screentime, and regularly gets basic aspects of the setting wrong because he either doesn't read or has an intense dislike of the source material.
>>
>>143778220

Well, I'll read the manga then just so I can say the anime was trash.
>>
>>143778942

Just remember that GUTS can manhandle everything in the city besides like two people but the manga had to hold him back for fear of making everyone else look bad.
>>
>>143777040
I might not have read all the Railgun manga, but I still enjoyed all of the 2 anime series, every ep.
>>
File: 1465757967755.png (129 KB, 314x278) Image search: [Google]
1465757967755.png
129 KB, 314x278
>>143779078

>GUTS
>>
admit it, cute girls doing cute things is the only redeeming quality of the entire shitty franchise
>>
>>143779117

Shit taste.
>>
>>143779158

The #7, you'll see him soon after the Sisters' arc.
>>
Only for mangafags honestly the filler was the best part, I really didn't need a rehash of the sisters arc
>>
File: 1454928207255.jpg (178 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
1454928207255.jpg
178 KB, 630x354
>>143779158
GUTS
>>
>>143779270

>rehash

Railgun's version improved it in every way possible. And that's Mikoto's definining arc, everything else in the anime does nothing for her character.
>>
>>143779335
Although she was a lot better in the second season after the first season I wasn't watching railgun for her, I watched it for everyone else and academy city in general.
>>
>>143779447

Academy city isn't truly a nice place. Uiharu will find out the (very) hard way come Index s3.
>>
>>143779335
>improved it in every way possible

It cut down the terrorism/mental breakdown scenes and turned them into bookends for a garbage filler episode about Saten sniffing floors and Kuroko talking about butterflies. Sisters was their best effort by far but don't pretend it was flawless.
>>
>>143779563

That's just Nagai's handiwork. I was saying that it wasn't a simple rehash of index, not that it was a perfect adaptation.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.