[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Asuka or Rei?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 100
File: rei_asuka.jpg (143 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
rei_asuka.jpg
143 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>143775782
"Rei is just objectively fucking shit." -- moot
>>
File: Asuka.png (315 KB, 1381x723) Image search: [Google]
Asuka.png
315 KB, 1381x723
>>143777080
2 admins can't be wrong.
>>
why are there fucking evangelion threads daily?
>>
Yui
>>
>>143777319
Because its the most important anime of /a/ and the world
>>
>>143775782
>shit or garbage
Cmon anon
>>
>>143777137
But I thought Hiro's waifu was another redhead
>>
Asuka is best girl

Rei is a toilet seat
>>
>>143779408
This. Asuka is for loving. Rei is for taking a shit on.
>>
>>143775782
Rei is literally a blank slate with no personality and you're completely missing the point of the show if you prefer her over Asuka
>>
Why do you guys hate rei that much I like them both
>>
Rei
>>
>>143777319
It's a timeless meme on /a/ fucktard.
>>
First time I watched it I preferred Asuka
Between the first and second time I grew to like Rei more
Second time I watched it I realized Misato was best girl
>>
Rei is better than Asuka.
>>
Asuka is a pathetic puppet with no personality, and you're completely missing the point of the show if you prefer her over Rei.
>>
File: a.jpg (25 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
25 KB, 512x384
>>143777319
>>
File: mari.gif (150 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
mari.gif
150 KB, 500x300
>>143775782
>>
File: tumblr_n6aq18vOWU1s20ivko1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6aq18vOWU1s20ivko1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x283
oh! sta ayanami
>>
Reminder that if you think Asuka is better than Rei, you're a fucking moron.
>>
File: 1459986327301.png (411 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1459986327301.png
411 KB, 500x376
>>143775782
Rei.

Because in the end she decided who she was an sacrificed herself. Not just selfishly going along with everything like Asuka
>>
Asuka fans should seriously be shot.
>>
File: Asuka3.jpg (122 KB, 1024x1766) Image search: [Google]
Asuka3.jpg
122 KB, 1024x1766
Not even a question
>>
>>143775782
Asuka.
Reifags are like what best girl said in EoE "disgusting".
>>
>>143783402
>>143783558
Yeah, Asuka is shit, we know.
>>
File: Rei.jpg (397 KB, 850x1201) Image search: [Google]
Rei.jpg
397 KB, 850x1201
One is a lifeless doll and the other is a bitch, both are shit.

Rei still is better looking than Asuka.
>>
>>143777637
So Rei then.
>>
Okay, Asukafags. Not saying you're not allowed to dislike/ or like what you want, but if you think Rei isn't better than Asuka, aren't you lying to yourselves?

Looking at the characters in NGE, Rei outperforms Asuka in every significant way possible (excepting silly stuff like "Asuka is better than Rei at having red hair etc). Rei is a goddess, has great self-insight, saves Asuka several times, has a positively developed character and actually has something like a strong, personal arc.
On the flip-side, Asuka is Rei's descendant with no self-insight, scews up regularly and puts other at risk constantly, and her character relies purely on being rescued or played like a puppet.

We've got a story where Rei tackles difficult questions and doesn't buckle under pressure, while Asuka deludes herself and freaks out every time when put to the test unless she's got strong help by someone else.

So every time I see an Asuka fan say that "Rei has no personality", it's a clear sign they don't know what they're talking about.
Whenever an Asuka fan goes "I like because she's got fire and will", it's obvious they didn't watch the series as Asuka's "fire" is put out the second a mild breeze appears.

Citing something like that as a reason is just plainly admitting you're stupid, shallow or possibly both. It's forcing me to conclude that only idiots like Asuka, or at least people capable of severe self-delusion.

What gives?
>>
>>143783924
Rei is a boring Mary Sue.
No thanks.
>>
>>143784026
Yeah, this is what I'm talking about right here.

Rei is quite obviously not a Mary Sue in any way whatsoever, yet here we have an Asuka fan (presumably) claiming she is - as if it were true.

Is self-delusion really a requirement to like Asuka, or are Asuka fans just always in troll/retard mode 24/7?
>>
>>143784141
She's a goddess by your own admission.
She is a Mary Sue by very nature.
>>
Asuka may be a bitch but at least she's a human being.
Rei is cute and all but she's an empty clone of a real person that needs the essence of an ancient spacegod to keep her breathing.
I'd call her soulless, but Lilith's Soul is the only reason she's not a corpse in Gendo's basement. If you're cool with that, be a Reifag, I don't give a shit. I'm going with Asuka.
>>
>>143784221
Being a goddess != being a Mary Sue
>>
>>143783924

Neither character is perfect, that is the whole point of eva, Rei is dealing with her personality issues, Asia has to deal with the fact that all of her self value comes from piloting Eva, and she is losing to shinji everyday.

Honestly I like Rei more because she pleases my dick more, but both her and asuka are good characters.
>>
>>143784338
It's part of the package.
See Haruhi and Medaka for examples.
>>
>>143783924
Poor man's Hotaru.
>>
>>143784430
No, being a Goddess has practically zero to do with being a Mary Sue.
>>
>>143784463
Goddess = Mary Sue
Mary Sue ≠ Goddess
>>
>>143784221
I don't see how being a Goddess makes you a Mary Sue - particularly not a fallen and ascended goddess like Rei. I suggest you look up what a Mary Sue is first.

>>143784247
Here's the problem, what you said is barely half true, and what's true about it doesn't actually work in your favor.

>Rei is cute and all but she's an empty clone of a real person that needs the essence of an ancient spacegod to keep her breathing.

Rei isn't an empty clone. She has a soul, a mind and a conscious like everyone else. That "essence" that keeps her breathing is practically the same "essence" that keeps Asuka and the rest of mankind breathing. It's called a soul in Evangelion.

Rei has the soul of Lilith
Asuka has the soul of a Lilin

The difference being that Lilith > a singular Lilin
therefore, Rei is still superior in this aspect.

Moreover, why do you prize that Asuka is a human being, AKA a Lilin in NGE? Human beings are the creations of an older, greater organism known as Lilith. That'd only put Rei(Lilith) above Asuka(Lilin).

So you you've got Rei, who is now practically human in every moral sense, and with a superior genetic background than Asuka. Choosing Asuka makes zero sense if you're making your choice based on merits.

Hence why Asuka fans are always disruptive members of the fanbase since they need to spread lies as part of their core existence.

>>143784400
Yeah, but Rei does actually actively deal with her personality issues, Asuka breaks down and refuses to do so. They are both good characters, but in a practical sense Rei is superior to Asuka.
>>
>>143784510
You failed math, didn't you?
>>
Misato
>>
>>143775782
>robot or bitch
>>
>>143784621
Ever heard of a little meme called linear algebra, kiddo?
Just because something is equivalent one way does not mean it's equivalent both or all ways.
>>
>>143775782
Asuka a best.

Rei a shit for faggots who are insecure in their intelligence.
>>
>>143783924
>difficult questions
Are you implying Rei is mentally challenged? Someone post that image of American History X but the worse than grandpa dying version.
>>
>>143784708
If you want to apply implications, then you don't use equality and inequality signs.

So yes, you failed math, moron.

But that's besides the point, as a Mary Sue is not a goddess or vice versa. Go fucking read up on it first you fucking idiot.
>>
>>143784800
>don't use equivalence in a way I disapprove of even though it's okay
>algebra is the only true math
Kill yourself out of this thread.
>>
>>143784829
Enjoy your F in math.
>>
>>143775782
Rei is love
>>
>>143784829
Last I checked it was not okay to use equivalence when you're doing implications. Still isn't okay.

Do you not understand that you wrote two contradicting statements?
>>
>>143784738
>>143784799
You're quickly proving that Asuka fans can't do anything but lie or talk shit.
>>
File: haruhi shrug.png (280 KB, 664x602) Image search: [Google]
haruhi shrug.png
280 KB, 664x602
>>143784962
>talk shit
Well we are talking about Rei after all. It can't really be avoided.
>>
>>143784925
AxB is not always equivalent to BxA.
This is an undeniable truth.
I didn't imply anything.
>>
File: 1445218300686.png (713 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1445218300686.png
713 KB, 649x649
The truly patrician choice is _both_.
>>
>>143785009
Just stop. Reminder that this: >>143784510
is what was written.
>Goddess = Mary Sue
>Mary Sue ≠ Goddess

It is wrong.
>>
>>143785009
>huhurrrhurdur BxA not AxB always
except he wrote = and ≠.

Why are Asukafags so fucking stupid?
>>
>>143785152
It's not wrong.
One is not always the other.
>>
File: Misato03EVA.jpg (140 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Misato03EVA.jpg
140 KB, 1024x768
Who /truebestgirl/ here?
>>
>>143784596
Why the hell would I prefer an old god-like organism that considers itself above its descendants (in the body of a human) to a real human being who lived her own life like everyone else? Not to mention Rei's not even a single person with a single personality.
I can relate with Asuka. I could have a conversation with Asuka. I can understand Asuka. I could fuck Asuka.
Who is "genetically superior" doesn't fucking matter, whichever character a person likes best is better than every other character in their own eyes. Objectively, you're right. That doesn't mean I'm obligated to change my own opinion.
>>
Rei feels lifeless, so I prefer Asuka.
>>
>>143775782
Weird, I thought I filtered the word "Asuka"
>Didn't filter it as subject
My bad.
>>
>>143785456
You could always filter yourself out of existence like Rei did.
>>
File: shinji.gif (665 KB, 429x369) Image search: [Google]
shinji.gif
665 KB, 429x369
>>143785479
No need to get so mad anon.
>im"fucking"plying I give a shit about either Asuka or Rei
Evangelionfags are worse cancer than anything else in this board desu senpai
>>
>>143785479
Buuuuuuurn
>>
>>143785218
>the asukafag doesn't know what equality signs are

Wow. Just wow.
>>
File: 1439334653702.jpg (2 MB, 2500x3500) Image search: [Google]
1439334653702.jpg
2 MB, 2500x3500
Anta baka?
>>
>>143781209
Same.
>>
>>143785658
I'm baka for Asuka.
>>
>>143785315
>Why the hell would I prefer an old god-like organism that considers itself above its descendants (in the body of a human) to a real human being who lived her own life like everyone else?

Dumb question, and filled with flaws.

>considers itself above its descendants
When does Rei ever do this? You're making up stuff. Rei sacrifices herself for these descendants, so it's the other way around.

>to a real human being who lived her own life like everyone else?
Rei is equally real to Asuka, and lived her life as well. The difference being, that Rei had a worse life from birth.

>I can relate with Asuka. I could have a conversation with Asuka. I can understand Asuka. I could fuck Asuka.
Let's be honest here. You can't do either because the character isn't real. The only important thing you ever said was that you want to fuck a 14 year old cartoon girl. That's the clue - that's what you want, nothing else.

>Objectively, you're right. That doesn't mean I'm obligated to change my own opinion.
That's why I said " Not saying you're not allowed to dislike/ or like what you want, but if you think Rei isn't better than Asuka, aren't you lying to yourselves?"

It appears I'm right. Because if you wanted a conversation, you'd get a better conversation out of Rei. Apply yourself here. If you wanted to relate to someone, well I guess if you can relate more to a selfish bitch than a self-sacrificing person, then that says more about you than Asuka. If you don't understand Rei, well - speaks more of you, doesn't it? Not willing to try.
>>
>>143781209
It's just an autistic Asukafags shitposting because they know Rei is superior to Asuka.
>>
>>143785218
Yes it is. Not the other guy you responded to, but when you write A=B, then it is ALWAYS true that B=A. This is true by the definition of the equality sign.

Now if you meant the implication (which you can very handily write out like so =>) then sure, but if you meant that you should have apologized for being autistic and insisting on your side.

>>143785315
Rei is VERY much a single person with her own personality, that was LITERALLY the point of the significant character arc close to the end of the series.

Its ok that you like asuka for whatever reason, but the problem with people like you is that you need to tell lies or ignore significant portions of the series in order to convince yourselves and others that rei is a bad character.
>>
>>143785816
Asukafags need a big slap in the face, culturally as Evangelion fans I mean. They need a big slap like Asuka got in NGE.

If Anno isn't a hack, that's what he'll do.
>>
>>143785889
>Anno must pander to ME exclusively to not be a hack!
Reifags' sense of entitlement is worse than grandpa dying.
>>
>>143785889
Unfortunately ever since 3.0 came out i realized that anno actually is a hack. He destroyed rei and misato as characters in favor of his own favorite girl and yaoi pandering.
>>
File: image.jpg (945 KB, 4272x3033) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
945 KB, 4272x3033
>>143775782 I like both like most anons do, it's just the two or three asukafags starting shit everytime like this one >>143779408
>>
>>143785990
Yeah, pretty much. I don't consider the possibility of him a non-hack.
>>
>>143783924
You realize that it's possible to like a character FOR their flaws, right? Asuka having brittle self confidence can be considered endearing and/or relatable. A lot of people are externally motivated. A lot of people are marching to some-one else's drum, such as working for 'the man' or going to college due to parental pressure. In fact, both Shinji and Asuka's parental issues are a relatable factor. Even if you haven't lost a parent (let alone to a giant robot), people feel pressured to measure up to their parents. Rei's position, of being privy to a large conspiracy, and especially going along with it without any fight until the very end, is not relatable.

You're also looking at this from a biased perspective yourself, looking at your second paragraph. Prior to her breakdown, Asuka is a better pilot, with a better sync ratio, than Rei. The fight against Matarael demonstrates Asuka's tactical abilites, as she's the one to create the plan leading to the angels destruction. Asuka is also presumably smarter than Rei, or Shinji for that matter, seeing as she has already graduated college at 14.

Personality preference is also just that, a preference. "Rei has no personality" is not accurate, but she has a much less overt personality than Asuka's exterior bravado. There also seems to be more potential to Asuka's personality; there's a little mystery to finding out what she's like underneath the fake outer bitch (which is probably some of the appeal of tsundere in general, come to think), while Rei is sort of a solved case after her initial arc (besides the sorta reset with Rei!2's death against Armisael).

Just take a look at all the of fan fiction of AxS; people want to see what would happen if Asuka did open up. Personally, I don't find any additional exploration of Rei's character interesting, while I do for Asuka. However, that's purely personal.
Much like which girl you like better.
>>
>>143786175
>You realize that it's possible to like a character FOR their flaws, right?
I wasn't questioning your ability to make mistakes. Here's the big question: "Not saying you're not allowed to dislike/ or like what you want, but if you think Rei isn't better than Asuka, aren't you lying to yourselves?"

Which I do believe you are - lying to yourself, that is. You've lied to yourself about who Rei and Asuka are. You wrote:
>Rei's position, of being privy to a large conspiracy, and especially going along with it without any fight until the very end, is not relatable.

as if Asuka had put up some sort of fight, and Rei hadn't. In NGE, Rei is the one questioning authority and defining/accepting her own destiny, whilst Asuka blindly follows what "the man" laid out for her, right to her own death. Asuka is merely loud. Rei is quiet. There is a good lesson to be learned here if you look.

Then this:
>You're also looking at this from a biased perspective yourself, looking at your second paragraph. Prior to her breakdown, Asuka is a better pilot, with a better sync ratio, than Rei. The fight against Matarael demonstrates Asuka's tactical abilites, as she's the one to create the plan leading to the angels destruction. Asuka is also presumably smarter than Rei, or Shinji for that matter, seeing as she has already graduated college at 14.

Is obviously false. Let's go over why:
>Prior to her breakdown, Asuka is a better pilot, with a better sync ratio, than Rei

What is the source, or even meaning of this? Asuka has a higher sync ratio, but this doesn't correlate with piloting skill or ability. Asuka still makes mistakes despite her sync ratio, as is something any pilot could do. The sync is only a number representing sync with the EVA, and Rei syncs differently with worse equipment, so the numbers mean nothing. Asuka is also unable to retain her aptitude during stress, which makes her a worse pilot anyway.

I'll post more.
>>
>>143785304
Good man.
>>
>>143783584
>rei*
Fixed for you
>>
>>143786175
>>143786854
>The fight against Matarael demonstrates Asuka's tactical abilites, as she's the one to create the plan leading to the angels destruction.

This is a clear spin on the truth. If you recall that episode, Rei was since the beginning leading the way to NERV, naturally without attempting to disrupt the others. Asuka did nothing but disrupt the others during their voyage towards the EVA units. Asuka's ability for strategy and tactics are near non-existent in this regard. She is showcased in the majority of the episode as incompetent.

Then we get to the battle part, and there's another thing you left out: The fact that Asuka was the one who messed up the entire situation. She wasn't paying attention, despite Rei's warning to look out, and forced the entire group to fall to the pit. They lost their rifles, their equipment, and the whole situation was her fault.

So at the end, when she's screwed up, she again tries to take charge by formulating a no-brainer plan to defeat the Angel, by merely being the first to say the obvious. When Rei suggests that she is to take the position of defense, Asuka denies her because she wants that glorious position. Rei does the right thing and accepts since tensions will make things worse, with battery running low.

Again it's not Asuka's skill tactics that is showcased in this episode, but how incompetent, dangerous and selfish Asuka is in a team.

The other argument I hear often is this one:
>Asuka is also presumably smarter than Rei, or Shinji for that matter, seeing as she has already graduated college at 14.

Which makes no sense. First and foremost, it's the thoughts, actions and capability of them that define smarts, not college degrees in themself. In NGE, Asuka routinely showcases herself as dumb and anti-intellectual, whilst Rei has the opposite traits. That's what makes for smarts.

As for Asuka's college degree, you don't even know what it is. It's trivia that has no substance, it's a moe trait..
>>
>>143786854
>muh stress performance
>1v9s the MPs
>>
>>143787125
>I can sweep her degree under the rug because *I* say it's a moe trait!
>elipses
Back to gaia.
>>
Rei a shit like a toilet
>>
>>143786175
>>143786854
>>143787125
>Personality preference is also just that, a preference. "Rei has no personality" is not accurate, but she has a much less overt personality than Asuka's exterior bravado.

Which is where the wrong words are used. Asuka is noisy and aggressive, whilst Rei is quit and passive. It's a superficial description that fails to capture the truth - that Rei has more personality than Asuka, because Rei can define her self independently since she worked to find herself. Asuka never did and just accept the role as NERV's puppet.

>There also seems to be more potential to Asuka's personality; there's a little mystery to finding out what she's like underneath the fake outer bitch (which is probably some of the appeal of tsundere in general, come to think), while Rei is sort of a solved case after her initial arc (besides the sorta reset with Rei!2's death against Armisael).

This shows critical misunderstanding of Asuka's and Rei's character. Rei's is not a solved case after Rei2 because Rei3 IS Rei 2. They're the same character, and Rei continues forward and now assesses the deeper parts of Rei's character. Then there is no "fake outer bitch", there's only Asuka - there's no two Asuka's, only one. Asuka is vulnerable and a bitch at the same time.

Rei is a more difficult to grasp character than the easy Asuka for anime fans/otaku in particular because they're used to be overloaded with exaggerated emotions and expression.

>Just take a look at all the of fan fiction of AxS;
Shipping is retarded and so is the arguments based on it. It's delusion, just like I mentioned earlier.

I never said you couldn't have a preference, my post opens with that in fact. However, it's clear that Rei is superior to Asuka, and that the fanbase of Asuka bases it's existence on a lie. Possibly they're like sheep following a meme.
>>
>>143787152
>>143787210
>>143787304
Just so you know, I'll ignore your posts because I know you're that autistic Asukafag everyone talks about who keeps posting on a phone and reseting his router since he keeps getting banned for ban evasion.
>>
>>143787152
She got ravaged by the MPs
>>
File: 1442191070215.jpg (470 KB, 965x1199) Image search: [Google]
1442191070215.jpg
470 KB, 965x1199
Why is Rei so shit, bros?
>>
>>143787152
She lost that one pretty hard, despite getting a super-boost by her mommy.

>>143787478
She isn't, but that's what you tell yourself to get over how shit Asuka is.
>>
File: r1462196344654.png (207 KB, 449x511) Image search: [Google]
r1462196344654.png
207 KB, 449x511
>>143787478
Unoriginal.
>>
>>143787478
She isnt and neither is Asuka. If you honestly have that opinion then you never got the gist of NGE
>>
>>143787538
Now post the 2.0 scene where Rei rips off Ultraman and Utena
>>
>>143786854
My point wasn't that Asuka put up a fight, it's that she was completely unaware of it, while Rei was.

Rei's sync ratio was lower in 01 than Asuka's was in 02. Sync ratio is essential to piloting ability, as it represents control level. You cannot be better at controlling an eva while having a lower sync score.

"Loud" vs "Quiet" is a preference, again.

>>143787125
The "glorious" position would be the shooting one, no? Kill credit and all that shit. Putting the weakest Eva as the tank would be a poor choice as well.

>>143787327
Again, regardless of which has "more" or "less" personality is a stupid point. Personality is not a 1-10 scale. Preference for a personality TYPE is a thing. If I like noisy and aggressive better than quiet and passive, then Asuka is better (ignoring for the moment that Asuka's personality is a front, allowing for a second layer and thus potential).

Bottom line, which girl is "better" is subjective. I'm not "lying to myself" by saying Asuka is better based on a multitude of subjective traits that I prefer.

You're making objective claims about something subjective.

>>143787422
She trashed 8 of them before she got speared and they got back up. If she hadn't run out of power or they hadn't had "HAX" survivability and replica spears, it would have been completely one sided. Yes, she got trashed. In a stupid hypothetical "fair fight" she would have 1v9d them. Essentially, she beat 8 evangelions in a 1v9 fight, then ran out of power and got rekt because they weren't really evangelions. Despite losing, it's still an impressive display of combat prowess. Hell, turning to take them on the offensive, preventing them from surrounding her and her having to fight all of them at once would be an example good tactics if she'd been shown to do so for that reason, rather than just rampaging.
>>
File: 1400904661002.jpg (523 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1400904661002.jpg
523 KB, 800x800
>>143787534
>DELETE THIS
Nice.
>>
>>143787422
>>143787534
>Reifags clearly choosing to ignore that if the MP's didn't reanimate she'd have cleaned house
Make like Rei and and Robin and kill yourselves. Thanks.
>>
>>143787729
So you're saying if the MP's didn't win, Asuka would have won? You're mentally retarded.
>>
>>143787717
>>143787729
The MPs were playing with her, they were never fighting seriously to begin with.
They stood there and let themselves get hit one by one without ganging up on her, and then finally went in for the kill when she was immobile.
There's a reason why they had vulture imagery at the beginning of the fight.
>>
>>143787729
She didn't even go for the cores, of course they were going to reanimate.
Doesn't she remember any of her previous fights with the angels?
>>
>>143782612
>opposite day
>>
>>143787717
>My point wasn't that Asuka put up a fight, it's that she was completely unaware of it, while Rei was.

See, that's not even true. Rei wasn't aware of anything she didn't figure out herself, remember? Asuka had plenty of opportunity and going around on top secret projects fighting in giant bleeding robots. Not only that, we have clear signs that Asuka simply refuses to let go of her delusion - when Shinji (yes, SHINJI who had even less experience!) asks hypothetical questions concerning whether or not the Angels might be good, Asuka flatly refuses it by regurgitating NERV doctrine.

Later when Rei tells her that the EVA's are in fact, beings with a soul, Asuka thinks it's nonsense despite the crazy things she's seen with the EVA's. In her world they are just robots and she needs it to be that way to keep up her delusion.

>Rei's sync ratio was lower in 01 than Asuka's was in 02. Sync ratio is essential to piloting ability, as it represents control level. You cannot be better at controlling an eva while having a lower sync score.
This is clearly not true. Despite having a perfect sync ratio, you can still position yourself poorly, defend poorly, and make bad tactical choices. Which is what Asuka does, and Rei doesn't. That sync ratio is what defines pilot skill is an obvious falsehood, demonstrated by the series itself. Sync ratio is one thing and one thing only, it's as the name implies: the sync ratio between pilot and eva.

>"Loud" vs "Quiet" is a preference, again.
My point is that this preference is being used to judge a dog by it's tail. Asuka isn't willfull because she is "Loud", and Rei isn't without will because she is "Quiet".

>The "glorious" position would be the shooting one
No, the defensive one because it's hard and painful, as Asuka implies in the show. It's not the weakest EVA other than in design, as the pilot counts too. Rei's higher stress and pain tolerance makes her excellent for the job, with prior experience. not only that, clones.
>>
>m-muh sacrifices
>m-muh selfishness

Only spineless nu-males prefer Rei over Asuka
>>
>>143788012
>Rei wasn't aware of anything she didn't figure out herself, remember?
She only found out her identity as lilith because kaoru told her.
>>
>>143787912
As far as she new, they were piloted evangelions. They are not angels. Units 00, 01, or 02 in half would have been disabled had they suffered the injuries the MP evas did. Especially since the MPs acted as though defeated when she attacks them at first.

There's an important distinction to be made. She fought 9 versus 1, and by the rules that evangelions played by up until that point, would have won. As an analogy, if I killed 9 dudes in a fight, then they turned into zombies and ate me, I still beat 9 dudes in a fight before I lost.
>>
>>143787717
>>143787867
>Again, regardless of which has "more" or "less" personality is a stupid point. Personality is not a 1-10 scale. Preference for a personality TYPE is a thing. If I like noisy and aggressive better than quiet and passive, then Asuka is better (ignoring for the moment that Asuka's personality is a front, allowing for a second layer and thus potential).

You clearly misunderstand. Let me be clear: there's personality in the sense of "loud" vs "quiet", and then there's the deeper and more substanceful meaning of having a self-defined personality with integrity. This isn't about a preference, it's about the fact that Rei's personality is her own and stronger than Asuka's, as the series demonstrates.

The problem is that some Asuka fans try to imply Rei has no will and that Asuka has will due to their superficial nature. An analogy, Asuka is a rock who makes cracking noises as it breaks, Rei is a rock who is solid and remains quiet.

These are objective statements that don't factor in your own preference. However, comment can be made on preference. From the various examples we've explored, it's shown that you (as other Asuka fans) clearly misrepresent or lie about the characters, and projecting far too much into it's empty areas.

The "college graduation" is a good example - fans don't know what it is, nor do they know the difficulty of the degree, yet it is taken as proof of intelligence. It's an entirely undefined area that doesn't speak towards either, as the primary facts that could determine whether or not it makes her intelligent are left out.

The truth is, that she may just have a degree in EVA-piloting. She doesn't show any intelligence that would show anything to the contrary.

The bottom line is that Asuka fandom is for 99% of it's population, simply a group lying to themselves and reinforcing their own delusional worldview. If they'd keep said lies contained, it wouldn't be a problem, but since they can't they create conflict.
>>
>>143788219
>in half
Ignore that, I re-structered the sentence and forgot to remove part of it. Derp.
>>
>>143788150
Kaworu didn't tell her anything in specific that Rei didn't know. Rei was more puzzled about Kaworu than herself, as the post-meeting dialogue shows.

Regardless, that merely backs up what I said, which is that Rei isn't aware of anything she didn't figure out herself - she isn't being let in on the evil people table over at SEELE like Kaworu or Gendo. Whatever she learned she either overheard, put together, figured out or was told.

The point being that Asuka and Rei, as did Shinji, both had ample opportunities to question what was going on around them. Which Asuka didn't, but Rei and Shinji did.
>>
>>143783924
tldr rei is a toilet
>>
>>143788219
>As far as she new, they were piloted evangelions
This is conjecture that isn't valid, Angel or not, the MP-series as did EVA01 had cores. It's the finished MP-series, and they would not be disabled by the injuries they got. The proof is in the series, as Asuka and other characters are frequently in loss of limbs, heads, while still remaining operational.

Leave it to an Asukafag to be deluded and wrong about Evangelion. These "rules" you've made up are childish and just shows how pathetic you are.

Accept the facts, she lost and had no chance to begin with, the fact that she's even there is a miracle with no effort on Asuka's part, being carried into an EVA and shipped off to gain magical mommy-boosts.
>>
>>143788369
Rei didn't know she had the soul of an ancient alien inside her until he told her.
She knew there was something within her that scared her, but she didn't specifically know what it was.
And it is only until that episode does she awaken her powers and put the pieces together. She didn't figure it out by herself, she was literally spoonfed the information needed to develop her character.

Asuka on the other hand learns the meaning of the AT field without being told what is it like Shinji and Rei were. She learns of her mother always being there for her by herself.
And finally she learns she can take the first step in connecting with others at the end of EoE.
>>
>>143784434
More like poor man's Anthy.
Except Anthy is a far better character than Rei.
>>
>>143788581
>Rei didn't know she had the soul of an ancient alien inside her until he told her.
He never told her.

>She knew there was something within her that scared her, but she didn't specifically know what it was.
Which means, Kaworu didn't tell her anything she didn't know. What I said.

So your hateful attack is shut down by that, not to mention it's rather pathetic that you'd even try considering this has nothing to do with the discussion beforehand. If you need to be reminded, which was about characters not solving their issues but having the sense to question their surroundings.

So fuck off to /cm/ or wherever you belong, don't drag down discussion.
>>
>>143788581
Kaworu never tells Rei anything besides something cryptic that equates to what you said she already knew. Then Asuka was literally given the knowledge through magic, not on her own. You didn't watch Evangelion.
>>
>>143788704
Asuka questions her surroundings and develops by herself without the influence of others.
Rei is even shown directly repeating what Gendo has said without even questioning it since she was a little girl. She even slaps Shinji for daring to question Gendo. And in the end she develops by being spoonfed from angel boy information she didn't know.

You're a hypocrite.
>>
>>143788828
I will go find the cap from the episode but it isn't cryptic, hold on
>>
>>143788933
Ok now you're just ignoring everything we told you and repeating the same lies.
>>
>>143788933
>Asuka questions her surroundings and develops by herself without the influence of others.
No, there's nothing in the series that shows this. The examples here: >>143788012
prove the opposite of what you said.

>Rei is even shown directly repeating what Gendo has said without even questioning it since she was a little girl. She even slaps Shinji for daring to question Gendo. And in the end she develops by being spoonfed from angel boy information she didn't know.
Completely a lie, and Rei questioning herself, even Gendo early on proves the opposite.

I'm not a hypocrite, but you're a sad, delusional liar.
>>
>>143789068
>completely a lie
Then why does little Rei repeat Gendo's words to Naoko without even questioning it?
And why does Rei slap Shinji without a second thought because he questioned Gendo?
And why does Rei say she would kill herself if Gendo asked her without even questioning it?
>>
unrelated, but rewatching the episode right now and why is rei's hair so messy?
Doesn't she brush her hair? does she even own a comb?
>>
>>143789177
Gendo fucks her brains out on the reg. It's why she's so despondent.
>>
>>143789177
She probably doesn't care, same as why her room is a mess.
>>
>>143789119
>Then why does little Rei repeat Gendo's words to Naoko without even questioning it?
Why do you think she didn't? Not only that, are you leaving out the fact that she is only a tiny child at this point, a few years at most? She said that Gendo said she was a hag. Indeed, Naoko was a hag.

Rather, you're with an example that can't be used as a counter, and you can't even prove or substantiate your claims.

>And why does Rei slap Shinji without a second thought because he questioned Gendo?
Because Rei doesn't like people bad-mouthing Gendo, as is her character. She's abrasive, asocial and has no social skills. This is her response. That said, Rei does still question Gendo or highlight that their relationship isn't mutual.

>And why does Rei say she would kill herself if Gendo asked her without even questioning it?
Because Rei has a death-wish, and the only reason Gendo would do that is if it's in combat, and Rei is ready to die because she knows she can. Clones, yo.

Not only that, Rei is able to chose killing herself even if Gendo and NERV doesn't want to. Rei exercises this control over herself.

So drop this dumb angle your pulling. I'm sure you've tried it before, and it didn't work then, and it won't work ever because people have watched NGE and can tell you're wrong.
>>
>>143789373
That's gross.
>>
File: 1465885855818.gif (27 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1465885855818.gif
27 KB, 200x200
>>
File: Gendo lust.png (164 KB, 275x298) Image search: [Google]
Gendo lust.png
164 KB, 275x298
>>143789356
>>
>>143789428
Asukafags are gross.
>>
>>143789177
I wonder if she has lice, sleeping on a bed with bloody bandages can't be sanitary.
>>
File: 1368236537876.jpg (566 KB, 1400x1000) Image search: [Google]
1368236537876.jpg
566 KB, 1400x1000
>>143775782
Maya.

>>143782640
>>
File: The best girls get married.jpg (45 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
The best girls get married.jpg
45 KB, 640x400
>>143785059
>>
>>143789483
Of course! Her messy hair is her emulating Gendo's facial hair! GENIOUS.
>>
>>143775782
Asuka
>>
>>143789483
post the one where gendo shaves rei bald
>>
File: delicious brown Rei and Asuka.jpg (429 KB, 1365x2000) Image search: [Google]
delicious brown Rei and Asuka.jpg
429 KB, 1365x2000
Would you?
>>
>>143789815
Isn't there one with the whole female cast shorn?
>>
File: Shave and get bitches.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Shave and get bitches.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>143789945
>>
>>143789972
I'm 90% certain I've seen an edit of this with all three girls bald. Possibly all five of them.
>>
File: 1358030843849.jpg (215 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1358030843849.jpg
215 KB, 1280x1024
>>
>>143789831
Neither of them looks good in this recolor.
>>
File: 1354485790625.jpg (300 KB, 1234x1750) Image search: [Google]
1354485790625.jpg
300 KB, 1234x1750
>>143790045
>>
rei of course
>>
>>143790045
Shit taste desu senpai
>>
>>143789831
>>143790045
I think the brown isn't 'warm' enough. Also, I think skin shading is different for light vs dark skin, so a simple recolor gives them incorrect shaving.
>>143790129
Is better, the color looks good but you can still tell it's a recolor due to the shading issues.

I think their skin sorta looks "flat" because darker skin needs higher contrast and fading.
>>
File: 7348973489834564.jpg (71 KB, 378x366) Image search: [Google]
7348973489834564.jpg
71 KB, 378x366
>>
Asukafags and Kaworufags btfo once again.
>>
>>143790405
Has Karl even shown up in this thread?
>>
>>
>>143790437
Kaworufags on /a/ are a particularly disgusting breed who hate on Rei because their "movie" (3.33) got shat on. Rei-fans are their targets because they're the most unhappy with 3.33.
>>
>>143790666
Okay, now I get what you were saying.

Why are Rei-fags the most mad about 3.33? I thought they were all supposed to hate pokapoka Rei.
>>
>>143790791
>pretending to be retarded
oh boy, I wonder who is behind this post....
>>
File: asuka or rei.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
asuka or rei.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>>143775782
>>
File: 57764664_p0.jpg (897 KB, 2031x2952) Image search: [Google]
57764664_p0.jpg
897 KB, 2031x2952
>>143790666
>>
File: 1353215130480_original.jpg (287 KB, 580x820) Image search: [Google]
1353215130480_original.jpg
287 KB, 580x820
>>143790791
>>
File: 55416896_p0.jpg (624 KB, 1125x2025) Image search: [Google]
55416896_p0.jpg
624 KB, 1125x2025
>>143790791
Many like Pokapoka Rei because she becomes a moeblob that only loves Shinji. Rei Q is reviled because she's everything that Asuka thinks Rei is like made manifest.
>>
>>143790437
Nah, Reifags are just obsessed with him for some reason. They keep bringing him up.
>>
>>143790972
>>143790966
>>143790791
Spotted the Kaworufag.

Fuck off, retard. It's pathetic that you're so ashamed of yourself that you pretend to be someone else.
>>
Asuka is a horrible normalfag slut, and started the worst archetype possible.

Rei is just a girl shaped fleshlight that can pilot a (not) robot.

To be honest, none of the characters in NGE were decent people, besides the angels, Gendo, and __kaji
>>
>>143791091
>Gendo
>decent
Although I agree, I'd like to know why you think that
>>
File: 1399775409135.jpg (172 KB, 1024x572) Image search: [Google]
1399775409135.jpg
172 KB, 1024x572
>>143791059
I'm one of the five people on this planet that is a Tojifag though
>>
File: what the hand said to the face.gif (497 KB, 401x273) Image search: [Google]
what the hand said to the face.gif
497 KB, 401x273
>>143790791
Fuck off retard. Reifags are obviously the most mad about 3.33 because it wrecks their favorite character beyond repair, not to mention the rest of the story.

Only a complete degenerate could not see that.
>>
File: anta_baka.png (114 KB, 1519x689) Image search: [Google]
anta_baka.png
114 KB, 1519x689
>>143791059
>>
>>143791220
>look at me I like Toji speshul snowflake xD

Yaoi landwhale is the type of *fag that you are.
>>
File: touji_035.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
touji_035.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>143791279
>hating on Touji
Fuck off Asukafag, you're just mad he called your waifu a bitch
>>
File: 1451516786800.jpg (28 KB, 390x290) Image search: [Google]
1451516786800.jpg
28 KB, 390x290
>>143791091
>To be honest, none of the characters in NGE were decent people
All this years and you only realize the point of EVA now?
>>
File: 1422578530772.jpg (162 KB, 459x642) Image search: [Google]
1422578530772.jpg
162 KB, 459x642
>>143791279
Okay, I lied, I'm a Keelfag
>>
File: anta_baka_original.png (144 KB, 1519x689) Image search: [Google]
anta_baka_original.png
144 KB, 1519x689
>>143791232
You uploaded the wrong picture. Here, let me give you the one before you edited it.
>>
File: This kills the Reifag.png (329 KB, 756x453) Image search: [Google]
This kills the Reifag.png
329 KB, 756x453
>>143791091
>Gendo
>decent person
>>
>>143791369
>not knowing how 4chan X works
Dumber than Asuka.
>>
File: Toji has shit taste.jpg (28 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
Toji has shit taste.jpg
28 KB, 704x480
>>143791322
No shit he would call Asuka is a bitch, he's a Reifag. Thank god he gets some taste after losing his leg
>>
>>143791144
He was trying to alleviate humanity's pain, and meet his dead wife. He was able to take his selfish and his selfless motivations, and combine both of them.

Everyone else was selfish, and wanted the world to be their own personal hugbox. They couldn't take it when they had to face the reality of things. Maybe not exactly evil, but definitely not good, either to themselves or other people.

Maybe not the most accurate explanation, but you get the idea.
>>
File: touji_268514.jpg (32 KB, 321x640) Image search: [Google]
touji_268514.jpg
32 KB, 321x640
>>143791445
He's actually a Misatofag because he has good taste.
>>
>>143791460
>He was trying to alleviate humanity's pain,
No
> and meet his dead wife.
Yes.

>He was able to take his selfish and his selfless motivations, and combine both of them.
No.
>>
>>143791369
The two posts above you are six seconds apart.
>>
>>143791534
>expecting an Asukafag to know that
He's the fucking fireposter.
>>
>>143791509
Honestly, everyone with a dick wants Misato. It's not an indicator of taste, it's just proof that they have a penis. Which is why Kaworu has a vagina
>>
>>143791524
Maybe his selfish motivation was the most powerful for him, but he definitely wanted, in some form, to help humanity. Otherwise he'd have just killed himself or gone striaght to getting absorbed into Unit01
>>
>>143791558
It was a Reifag, not an Asukafag you boogeyman paranoid faggot
>>
>>143791596
>everyone with a dick wants Misato
Not Shinji.
>>
File: Based Kaji.png (541 KB, 542x500) Image search: [Google]
Based Kaji.png
541 KB, 542x500
>>143791279
You don't have to be a landwhale to understand that the boys are way better than the girls in this series.
>>
>>143791677
Shinji is literally a girl though.
>>
Uh guys, we went from actual discussion to shitposting again. Ignore Kaworu/Asukafag fireposters/shitposters please.

Praise Rei.

>>143791614
>Maybe his selfish motivation was the most powerful for him, but he definitely wanted, in some form, to help humanity. Otherwise he'd have just killed himself or gone striaght to getting absorbed into Unit01

Hmm, nah. He's far too much of a coward for that. Getting ghosty with Yui isn't enough, he needs to get her in the flesh as he knows floating without aim in a bottle is the same as not being there with Yui.

Doesn't the simplicity of the solution you propose in itself show why it's not the case? If indeed being dead/ghost with Yui was enough, and he could do it, then why on earth didn't he? It'd just be bad writing that he passed it up given his character. Either it doesn't work, or the character breaks down.

Don't give me that idea about him caring for his fellow man, he throws his fellow man to the dogs at every opportunity he gets, despite the fact that it's only making him enemies.
>>
File: CcnyjeDUAAAdQB4.jpg (65 KB, 591x771) Image search: [Google]
CcnyjeDUAAAdQB4.jpg
65 KB, 591x771
>>143791762
Prove it, nigger
>>
>>143791632
>the fireposter tries to evade
How rich. Even posting with a new IP since he's banned again. Wow, so easy to spot that fireposter is. Not even that guy but you should grow up and stop fighting like a retarded terrorist for your inane waifu.
>>
>>143791775
>Don't give me that idea about him caring for his fellow man
He doesn't care about individuals, besides yui. He wants humanity as a whole to be united. Otherwise he would never have started instrumentality. If he was a complete apath, he wouldn't care about yui either.
>>
File: 1423945932920.jpg (49 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1423945932920.jpg
49 KB, 1024x576
>>143791820
He makes me erect and only girls make me erect.
>>
File: CjOq3ehUoAAISPX.jpg (38 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
CjOq3ehUoAAISPX.jpg
38 KB, 480x640
>>143791916
Fair point.
>>
>>143791873
Youd be surprise
>>
File: 1442972454957.jpg (250 KB, 1231x1197) Image search: [Google]
1442972454957.jpg
250 KB, 1231x1197
Asuka is objectively better
>>
File: 38963874.jpg (60 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
38963874.jpg
60 KB, 1280x1024
>>143791873
He isn't a complete apath, he is a selfish egoist hell-bent on reuniting with his lost wife, to the point of willfully destroying other people's lives and murdering half of humanity.

Yeah, don't forget that part, never forget the three billion. Lost in cataclysmic disasters set on by Gendo's actions, that he knew of and was a part of, that he set in motion as part of proposing the general plan forward.

Someone who "cares about humanity" wouldn't set highscores in genocide and doom the rest to a post-apocalyptic landscape. This is all before EoE, don't let the nice scenery of Tokyo-3 fool you, the world got messed up and messed up bad.

Fuyutsuki found out, but he joined the dark side.
>>
File: 1457631434532.jpg (207 KB, 700x1049) Image search: [Google]
1457631434532.jpg
207 KB, 700x1049
>>143791942
>>
File: 5768.png (18 KB, 242x225) Image search: [Google]
5768.png
18 KB, 242x225
>>143791977
This never gets old.
>>
File: 1449452681905.gif (471 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1449452681905.gif
471 KB, 500x333
>>143791839
I really enjoy how any zealous Asuka post immediately gets classified as muh fireposter. O if anyone uses the word boogeyman it's fireposter. For how allegedly easy it is to spot me, you chucklefucks sure seem to have quite the problem doing it.
>>
>>143791977
>Asuka is objectively better!
>doesn't give any objective evidence

That said, I remember how Asukafags were making threads and freaking out once moot left because they were afraid the admin wouldn't be an Asukafag.

Are there any *fags more pathetic than the Asuka fan?
>>
File: 1467080904208.jpg (16 KB, 288x265) Image search: [Google]
1467080904208.jpg
16 KB, 288x265
>>143792090
Reifags, for one.
>>
>>143792088
>posting utena
Fireposter confirmed for faggot?
>>
>>143792149
He does like Mansuka after all.
>>
File: 1465913252107a.jpg (3 MB, 3988x2036) Image search: [Google]
1465913252107a.jpg
3 MB, 3988x2036
>>143792090
>doesn't give any objective evidence

Asuka is supehero

Rei is a toilet

Do I need to get more objective?
>>
>>143791775
Aren't you the same guy that got rekt by ARK in 2 posts?
>>
File: Being Asuka is suffering.png (62 KB, 472x760) Image search: [Google]
Being Asuka is suffering.png
62 KB, 472x760
>>143791977
Being an Asukafag is suffering
>>
File: 1467359942671.jpg (56 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1467359942671.jpg
56 KB, 640x480
>>143792149
>Mahou Shoujo threatens my manhood
I'm afraid your sexuality just might be in danger.
>>
>>143792238
Pretty remarkable considering it's ARK and all. How do you even let that happen?
>>
File: 1407795211888.jpg (80 KB, 426x396) Image search: [Google]
1407795211888.jpg
80 KB, 426x396
>>143792271
And yet being a Reifag is still worse
>>
File: Asukasip14.png (538 KB, 535x750) Image search: [Google]
Asukasip14.png
538 KB, 535x750
>>143792238
>>143792326
I can't remember the last time I finished an argument in 2 posts beyond Sequel theory shit.
>>
File: jqZkaen.png (221 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
jqZkaen.png
221 KB, 500x375
>>143792276
Not him but watching anything by Ikuhara "3DPD Kaworu" Kunihiko means you're at the very least bicurious
>>
>>143792238
>ARK
Literally who?
>>
>>143792555
Anno still cries himself to sleep over the fact that he will never fuck him.
>>
File: 1407532952951.jpg (360 KB, 924x1095) Image search: [Google]
1407532952951.jpg
360 KB, 924x1095
>>143792555
That's some pretty weak trolling
>>
>>143792614
A guy who saves a lot of bad Asuka fanart
>>
File: OTP.jpg (117 KB, 300x326) Image search: [Google]
OTP.jpg
117 KB, 300x326
>>143792618
I heard Anno adapted his collection of Ikuhara fanfiction into a feature film in 2012.
What a desperate faggot.
>>
>>143792679
Thanks I don't have to (You) him now.
>>
>>143792238
I'm not sure if ARK has ever rekt anyone in any number of posts, save for fellow Asuka fans who probably were all the fireposter, and then on inconsequential topics like fanart.

>>143792506
Asuka fans are the cancer in the Evangelion fanbase.

You know this to be true.
>>
>>143792555
FABULOUS MAX
>>
File: 1417830982427.png (53 KB, 456x724) Image search: [Google]
1417830982427.png
53 KB, 456x724
>>143792850
>Asuka fans are the cancer in the Evangelion fanbase.
He said, as he posted on a site created by an Asukafag, inspired by a site created by another Asukafag
>>
File: 1367792675681.jpg (72 KB, 693x407) Image search: [Google]
1367792675681.jpg
72 KB, 693x407
>>143792798
That's bullshit, Kaworu is not as perfect or as beautiful as Ikuhara.

Also

>3.33 was 4 years ago
>>
>>143792967
>4 years of not working on FINAL later we get Godzilla

You think Anno even remebers the stuff he did in 3.0?
>>
File: ikuni.jpg (817 KB, 1069x1504) Image search: [Google]
ikuni.jpg
817 KB, 1069x1504
>>143792967
It's impossible to capture all of Ikuhara's fabulousness in the second dimension, but Anno did his best to try.
>>
File: 57668102_p0.jpg (2 MB, 2076x2354) Image search: [Google]
57668102_p0.jpg
2 MB, 2076x2354
>>143792729
Please.

>>143792850
The idiots who participate in waifu wars are the biggest issue right now. I've had problems with Asukafags in general for years, though.
>>
File: 1391221140351.png (89 KB, 296x276) Image search: [Google]
1391221140351.png
89 KB, 296x276
>>143792967
>1.0 was a decade ago
>>
File: not_ARK.jpg (138 KB, 561x748) Image search: [Google]
not_ARK.jpg
138 KB, 561x748
>>143793094
>Please.

We both know it's true
>>
>>143792850
>ARK wrecking fireposter
Do you just spout bullshit all the time?
>>
>>143793016
I bet Final will be 30 minutes of Anoo swimming in the tears of the fanbase, 20 minutes of him sleeping on a pile of money and an hour of him jerking off to Ikuhara.
>>
File: 55503084_p0.jpg (282 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
55503084_p0.jpg
282 KB, 1500x1500
>>143793168
This shit's great.
>>
>>143791977
Fucking Hiro pretending he doesn't speak perfect english
>>
>>143792879
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL_qBp6UdgQ
>>
File: 1.png (96 KB, 336x280) Image search: [Google]
1.png
96 KB, 336x280
>>143792149
Consider this: Utena had less fujoshit in it than Eva did.
>>
File: ANIMA_Section_2_Chapter_19.jpg (2 MB, 2552x3496) Image search: [Google]
ANIMA_Section_2_Chapter_19.jpg
2 MB, 2552x3496
Anyway, since Anno has shown that he doesn't care about qaulity and that he can't do anything other then NGE, when can we expect the ANIMA adaptation?
>>
File: 1455796471905.gif (972 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
1455796471905.gif
972 KB, 500x341
So what are you guys talking about anyway its obvious that rei is better looking and shinji is the most meaningful character
>>
File: whoredom_in_BD_quality.jpg (170 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
whoredom_in_BD_quality.jpg
170 KB, 1440x1080
>>143793506
Wut?
>>
>>143793373
>That episode where she drugged and raped that girl

Ooo baby my dick

>>143793515
An army of Rei clones, Mari has cat DNA, Kaji is alive and turns evil, Asuka becomes an Evangelion, cyborg Toji, and all other manner of horrible shit
>>
>>143793506
Anno and Ikuhara are both filthy degenerate otaku that love putting underage dykes and faggots in their works.
>>
File: Jean_fucked_up.jpg (98 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Jean_fucked_up.jpg
98 KB, 1440x1080
>>143793580
>Rei
>better loking

Come on son
>>
File: best_waifu.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
best_waifu.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
I think we can all agree this is the best one
>>
>>143777319
Spotted the newfag
>>
>>143790666
Homofaggots would hate 3.33 most if events on screen mattered to them past inspiring fanfic. Where before narrative and cosmological significance was retconned onto Kaworu after the show was finished, Rebuild presents him like that to start, builds him up as having a greater role, then when he starts having character interactions they only make sense as manipulative and he's ultimately tricked by Gendo, overpowered by Shinji, and kills himself to no effect because he thinks he's too essential to be just a dump for the 12th. And then Mari saved the day.
>>
>>143795281
Rebuild Kaworu is a figment of Shinji's imagination
>>
>>143789533
Rei is a toilet, therefore she is gross
>>
>>143795281
While you're right in pointing some of the existing elements out, you're missing out on something important. There is extreme value in canonizing Kaworu as this exteremely important figure.

Because prior, this was merely something that came to exist through a myriad of pandering devices in many lesser works. A high-profile work made by Anno that caters to this extreme degree still puts their balance far, far into the positive.

The fact that Kaworu dies, is tricked or whatever is lessened entirely by the fact that he is now this cosmological figure. Any failure can be written off as unimportant because it's merely one of many loops, and Kaworu is aware of it.

Also I hate to bring in a meme, but it's completely true:
>Homofaggots would hate 3.33 most if events on screen mattered to them past inspiring fanfic

>Homofaggots
>Viewer/Reader who cares about events unfolding on screen past inspiring fanfics

Choose one.
>>
>2016
>liking Rei
Why

Why would you find a toilet attractive
>>
File: Shinji_AngelCore.jpg (89 KB, 849x361) Image search: [Google]
Shinji_AngelCore.jpg
89 KB, 849x361
>>143797410
NGE Kaworu was Adam, mother of the angels.
In Rebuild there are severals Adams, and now every pilot is some non-human thing with super powers.
If anything, he's less important.
The one who is being boosted up in importance is Shinji, since he's now linked to all the sci-fi magic angel shit that's been going on.
>>
>>143786175
>Just take a look at all the of fan fiction of AxS
You want to take seriously unredeemable ooc trash? I like Rei but I sure don't ship her with Shinji.
>>
File: not even godzilla is safe.jpg (200 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
not even godzilla is safe.jpg
200 KB, 1200x1200
>>143793016
>You think Anno even remebers the stuff he did in 3.0?

He remembers the only thing that matters.
>>
>>143797911
You're clearly speaking with a false tongue here. Don't downplay the fact that Kaworu has been extremely boosted in importance.

That Kaworu is Adam, the Mother of Angels, was within the original story something that was more like a footnote. In terms of appearance, knowledge, he is limited to one single episode where he has little to no control.

In Rebuild, he is present since the start as a figure who definitely has control and knowledge, and occupies proportionally six to ten times more of the story, depending on how you calculate it. In terms of exposure, advertising and positive vibes emanating from the directors and merchandising, this active effort towards boosting Kaworu's character is possibly unmatched in the entire anime industry.

Shinji has always been the most important character, so he can't get more important. What you might mean is that Shinji is now also being given godlike powers, but this is only relevant insofar Kaworu goes, as he is played up as some sort of match. That is, Shinji is made supernatural from the start so that he can be better matched against Kaworu.

This is similar to how Re-Take, an infamous shipper doujin known for it's terrible treatment of other characters than Asuka, chooses to do things. By elevating Asuka and Shinji to godlike beings whom the world revolves around, it produces a strong yet entirely substanceless and even disgusting effect.
>>
File: 1436976493482.png (244 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1436976493482.png
244 KB, 500x375
>>143798039
>liking toilets
>>
File: 1368205751289.jpg (279 KB, 939x579) Image search: [Google]
1368205751289.jpg
279 KB, 939x579
>>143798169
Is Anno going to insert fujoshi pandering into the new Godzilla movie too?
>>
>>143797911
>In Rebuild there are severals Adams
Adams aren't the first angels anymore, though. Kaworu is still the first and last angel, exactly like NGE.

Adams seem to be Eva 01, Mark 06, Mark 09 and Eva 13, though. Kaworu and Shinji could become Impact Triggers inside those Adams (Kaworu only if turns from first to last angel).

Mari and Asuka are obviously part angel hybrids. They can't trigger impacts but can enter into beast mode. It's the opposite of trigger impact.
>>
>>143775782
are u trying to start a war
>>
>>143798245
Anno only panders to himself.
>>
>>143798169
Why do they look like lesbians?
>>
File: eva_2014_c_054.jpg (59 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
eva_2014_c_054.jpg
59 KB, 640x400
>>143798245
>20 minute mecha godzilla x godzilla piano duet
Yes, my body is ready.

>>143798334
Easier to reveal in final that Kaworu and Shinji were girls the whole time
>>
File: eva_vs_godzilla_06_020574.jpg (156 KB, 1000x659) Image search: [Google]
eva_vs_godzilla_06_020574.jpg
156 KB, 1000x659
>>143798169
Waifu version.
>>
File: eva_vs_godzilla_07_e4_030s.jpg (57 KB, 580x566) Image search: [Google]
eva_vs_godzilla_07_e4_030s.jpg
57 KB, 580x566
>>143798245
Godzilla is clearly trying to assrape Shinji in this.
>>
>>143791091
makoto, maya and the guy with long hair
not gendo tho
>>
>>143797410
You memein' bad, the correct form is more like

>"You only hate it because you fell for a bait and switch!"
>falling in perpetuity for bait and switch from last movie

Pastable over any image of a pigeon on a starburst or whatever.
>>
>>143798612
You're speaking nonsense.
>>
File: m.png (833 KB, 728x730) Image search: [Google]
m.png
833 KB, 728x730
Shinji's childbirthing hips
>>
File: 20160706_163129.jpg (288 KB, 456x1207) Image search: [Google]
20160706_163129.jpg
288 KB, 456x1207
>>143798380
This makes a lot more sense now
>>
File: f_08406733.png (235 KB, 1280x660) Image search: [Google]
f_08406733.png
235 KB, 1280x660
Shinji has bigger boobs than Rei and Asuka
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 100

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.