[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Over a long enough time, the probability of anything is 1. That
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: akuma homu.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
akuma homu.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
Over a long enough time, the probability of anything is 1. That includes the probability of fatal accidents. So how did Homura avoid dying in an accident or even another natural disaster happening prior to the Walpurgisnacht boogaloo? Even if her chance of dying in an accident was .001% it would have become hugely significant after enough rewinds.
>>
>>143774212
>Over a long enough time, the probability of anything is 1

Approaching 1 and being 1 are different things.
>>
File: whoremura.jpg (177 KB, 1345x750) Image search: [Google]
whoremura.jpg
177 KB, 1345x750
>>143774270
Not very different in practice, which is what matters.
>>
>>143774212
she was careful and level-headed, unlike mami
>>
she only looped for like 8 years
>>
>>143774303
>>143774212
pretty sure the reason why she tried to kill herself was because she'd be reset.

She'd be more fucked if she wound up paralysed or braindead, she'd be unable to reset
>>
>>143774212
Her body doesn't rewind.
>>
The probability of event with p% occurring in n times is 1-(1-p)^n, assuming each event is independent (its not, she they are mostly repeats). assuming p is .001% and n is 100, the dance of loop ending prematurely is still less than 1% (.995%).
>>
>>143775246
She repeated way more than 100 times.
>>
>>143774212
That's not how this works. She's redoing the same month over and over (I think around 100 times). It's the same month, tt's not the same as 100 different months; if she didn't get cancer in the first one she won't get it in the 50th. All the events that unfold prior to walpurgisnacht are the same, unless she changes them.
>>
>>143774212
It's not a random chance. First off there were no natural disasters in those days she was repeating. She also can stop time and has an arsenal of guns, she's not going to get hit by a car or murdered in a mugging.

Not to mention anything that doesn't kill her instantly will just mean she'll rewind.
>>
File: images (10).jpg (17 KB, 384x383) Image search: [Google]
images (10).jpg
17 KB, 384x383
>>143774212
How did Frodo avoid dying?
>>
>>143775300
Source: your ass
>>
>>143774212
I'm sure the odds of dying from fighting the WalpurgisNacht is much larger than dying of random causes.

On top of that, she's a magical girl, which grants her extra durability due to soul being in gem instead of body.

Bait but made me reply.
>>
>>143777173
Are you saying she overcame all her issues, her physical weakness, became an expert in weaponry and fighting, all in maybe ten or twenty weeks? Based on how fucked up Homura was, it must have taken *at least* ten full years AFTER she decided to shape the fuck up.
>>
>>143774212
There are people who live a 100 years without dying in an accident anon.

You the classic case of people being dumb about statistics.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.