[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there an age limit on becoming a Mangaka? I've seen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Mangaka-1.jpg (180 KB, 980x608) Image search: [Google]
Mangaka-1.jpg
180 KB, 980x608
Is there an age limit on becoming a Mangaka?

I've seen from a few sources that pretty much every successful mangaka made their debut in their 20's. Is this an unspoken rule for Mangaka in general or is it a more widespread cultural thing in Japan that you don't switch careers or stop trying after 30 or something?
>>
>>143746173
You will never be mangaka.
>>
>>143746464
>Implying
>>
>>143746173
The latter
>>
>tfw can't draw
>>
I'm sure you can find people who were big shots in doujin before making their professional debut at later age, or people working at illustration jobs or related fields, entering the manga industry later. But for the most part, the people who want to become mangaka are the spergs who spent their entire childhood drawing and making up stories.
>>
>>143746173
the time at which most men can exhibit maximum strength in their worldly pursuits is before the age of 30
>>
>>143746515
In all seriousness, if you haven't been drawing 2d characters since child it will probably never happen. You could maybe draw some nice stuff after a few years, put it on your tumblr or whatever, but drawing actual coherent manga is another beast. They debut around 20 because that's when they finally get gud enough to debut(because they've been doing it since child.)
>>
>>143746173
It's definitely not a rule, spoken or unspoken, but I don't think it even has to do with Japan - how many people in any country quit their jobs and successfully become career painters/artists after 30? It's just not really a skillset that most people on other paths develop.
>>
>>143746173
No there is no age limit, most debut in their twenties because they had been making manga since they were teens usually as doujins or original one shots, also quite a few start as assistance to other authors. If you wanna make comics or manga you need to just do it while also forever trying to force your way in the door.

Worrying about your age is a waste of time, no worse, it's just a lazy excuse to use for why you haven't even tried.
>>
That's literally when most people start ANY serious job/career. Nothing to do with some magic limit or whatever garbage you have in your mind.
>>
>>143746173
How do they deal with a desk like that? The paper is getting all crumbled up. Disgusting.
>>
>>143747129
Not to mention you literally have to be Japanese and live in Japan.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.