[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why couldn't they just breed a perfect sword who could wield
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: s.jpg (88 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
88 KB, 1366x768
Why couldn't they just breed a perfect sword who could wield the perfect sword instead of a perfect sword who could only break perfect swords?
>>
>>143745299
Because it's a cartoon
>>
>>143745299
Because being "clever" is more important for Nisio's writing than making sense.
>>
Because Shikizaki Kiki wanted one sword to have the power to trump them all. That's just my guess anyways
>>
>>143745299

Because the sword is the weakest part of the swordsman.

That's why Kiki's blades, excluding the cursed blade, carried less and less blade as they were constructed. His first blade was simply the most durable sword in existence... which still was a sword, therefore surprisingly fragile when forced.

The perfected blade removes the distinction between sword and swordman. In that manner, there is no mismatch between the strength of the sword and the strength of the swordsman.

If you think about his designs, especially the later ones, they were attempting to compensate for imperfect swordsmen, by making him invulnerable, going without, providing him with serenity ETC. His last attempt literally was a gun, eliminating the swordsman, but replacing him with a marksman.

So he decided to forge a sword out of a man, and thereby made his perfect blade.
>>
>>143746145
>Kiki's blades, excluding the cursed blade, carried less and less blade as they were constructed.
Well shit, bravo Nisio
>>
>>143746145
Not bad points at all. I can't believe I missed the fact that the swords get further and further away from being actual swords.
>>
File: xff.png (128 KB, 254x251) Image search: [Google]
xff.png
128 KB, 254x251
>>143746145
holy shit.
>>
File: 1442060463885.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1442060463885.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>143746145
This. I thought about it but this post sums it all better than I could.
It truly was a Katanagatari
>>
The 13th (kyotouryuu) was designed to overcome and destroy all 12 before it, and by that method become the perfect completed blade.
Kind of like Cell needing to absorb Android 17 and 18 to become perfect.
>>
>>143745299
Because it's more fun this way.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.