[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My face when watching Tomino's Gundams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: 1382213364907.png (191 KB, 493x344) Image search: [Google]
1382213364907.png
191 KB, 493x344
My face when watching Tomino's Gundams
>>
File: 1457011316471.gif (183 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1457011316471.gif
183 KB, 512x384
>>143734521
That's because you're not watching the good shit.
>>
>>143734521
79 was a masterpiece.

Zeta was a passable sequel that managed not to shit all over 79, and had lots of good spins on the themes alongside lots of questionable creative decisions.

ZZ was... fuck. Where did everything go so wrong?
>>
is g reco good?
>>
>>143735630
What makes 79 a masterpiece actually? I'm 7 episodes into Zeta and I find it so much more enjoyable. Maybe it's only a matter of how much both series have aged, but the direction of 79 haven't quite moved me.
>>
>>143736869
>I'm 7 episodes into Zeta and I find it so much more enjoyable

Wait until you hit after episode 20 then the entire show just degenerates into shit
>>
>>143736869
Zeta is the most overrated Gundam, like seriously
>>143736972
This.
>>
>>143737212
that's not 0079
>>
>>143735630
even the ending?

desu it only gets good after gihren shows up
>>
>>143737212
>zeta most overrated
>not wing
>>
>>143738279

I have never in my entire life come across a person who legitimately found Wing good outside the sense of

Oh hey you want to watch overall absurd shit going down and stuff exploding? If yes then Wing is the show for you
>>
>>143736869
79 is a classic hard SF. Asimov, Dick, Haldeman, or Harrison could have written the script. It's the main character's journey through an alien world, and the writing observes his struggle to remain human. It even has a fitting twist ending that could be expected in the genre. You could call it a Watchmen ending, which kind of seeps into the following:

I liked what Zeta did with Char most of all. His character is a meta-commentary about why making a sequel like Zeta is a terrible idea, when everyone's story, including Char's, was already finished by the last episode of 79. Char is like Rorschach that wasn't smart enough to realize that this new world he helped create, while exactly what he hoped to see, is not a place for someone like him. From a warrior, he would become a warmonger.

Everyone that ever insisted that Char basically just really likes to fight and that's it was right. Of course, there is a lot more to him than that, but that's the general gist. At some point, he starts using his, mind you already accomplished, ideals, as justifications to create conflicts because that is what he enjoys. That's not villian decay or anything tvtropes would have you think, that is the actual good writing in Zeta right there.
>>
>>143738241
I loved the entire thing with the exception of Ryu's death scene and everything following. That was so ridiculous, holy shit.

Ramba Ral arc itself was fine.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.