[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honestly, Would YOU reject instrumentality?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
Honestly,

Would YOU reject instrumentality?
>>
enough with the eva circlejerk
>>
Even if the alternartive wasnt to live on a destroyed world and probably starve to death.

Giving up suffering amd loneliness in exchange for the loss of individuality doesnt sound too bad
>>
>>143710235
no
>>
>>143709822
Yes.

Suffering is an important part of life.
>>
>>143709822
shit yeah I would
>>
>>143710287
It sounds fucking horrible, more like.
>>
>>143711098
why does it sound horrible?

it sounds calming actually
>>
No, it's an actual achievable Paradise/Heaven.
>>
>>143709822
I would, because my husbando isn't there.
>>
>>143712010
But anon, inside instrumentality you would physically and mentality be one with your husbando
>>
Seele please go
>>
>>143712255
I wouldn't, because he isn't in instrumentality.
>>
yes, I'm not a tool
>>
I don't remember Instrumentality well enough to say but fuck "Yes, misery is an important part of life, you shouldn't give it up even if you have the chance" folk psychology bullshit
>>
>>143709822
No
I want to become one with tang
>>
If you would say yes to instrumentality, then why haven't you killed yourself yet?
>>
>>143713165
Because death is not the same thing as being assimilated into a unified consciousness dumbass
>>
>>143710235
It's been going for 20 years. If its going to stop it won't be today.
>>
>>143713286
But you won't be the one leading the consciousness. You're basically dead.
>>
>>143713286
But it is and that's literally the message of EoE. How did you miss that? You lose all capacity to act and silently rot away like somebody who burned out all their senses through drug abuse.
>>
>>143709822
fuck yea i would

infinite tsukuyomi me my shit up senpai
>>
>>143709822
Yes. How could I enjoy it when I knew it all wasn't real?

In the Matrix, it was said humanity rejected the utopian world that was given to them because it was TOO perfect. For even people that didn't know what was going on, eventually they'd feel unsettled and reject it.
>>
Not rejecting it would be similar to REEing for all of eternity.
>>
>>143713431
You lose the capacity to act independently, since there is no "you" anymore and you are just part of a shared consciousness.

I dont think its ever stated that you lose the capacity to act, it looked more like you dont feel the need to act since all your needs are taken care of
>>
>>143709822
Yes.
>>
>>143713753
Yeah, killing somebody removes their need for anything.
>>
>>143713753
How would you impose your will upon the world? You've lost your body, the only method by which you can do so.
>>
>>143709822
COME, SWEET DEATH
>>
>>143713842
Inside instrumentaity you wouldnt, if your will to impose your will upon the world is that important to you you would leave instrumentality

So we are to believe that for the vast, vast majority of the world that aint that important
>>
>>143714017
I don't think the vast majority of the world is suicidal.
>>
>>143709822
I wish that I could turn back time
'Cuz now the guilt is all mine
>>
>>143714057
Different world, destrudo manifests physically in Eva. And they still don't really want it there, either.
>>
>>143709822
But anon, the anime we watch are the instrumentality
>>
>>143709822
Yes, because it sounds boring.
>>
>>143714408
d33p
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.