[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finished this series for the first time. What in the fuck did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Neon_genesis_evangelion.jpg (80 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Neon_genesis_evangelion.jpg
80 KB, 640x480
Finished this series for the first time.

What in the fuck did it devolve into, because I felt like the last stretch was just a load of visuals trying to fuck my shit up.

So i guess instrumentality started and everyone became one? Then everyone accepted themselves and congratulated Shinji?

Is there more? Is there an explanation from the writers? Did they all try ecstasy?
>>
>>143681224
Rewatch ep 24, and the movie The end of Evangelion for a less graphic and most understandable end.
>>
>>143681224
Watch End of Evangelion.
>>
>>143681224
>I felt like the last stretch was just a load of visuals trying to fuck my shit up.
It's all literal by then, the characters experience it exactly as it's shown.
>>
>>143681371
The movie falls apart in the exact same way, but at least it prolongs it a bit.
>>
>>143681491
It has, at least, a bit more exposition. It's also worth it alone just for the direction and Ogata's incredible screaming.
>>
>>143681371
I didn't know there was a movie, I'll watch it now.

So am I just dumb, or was everyone thinking "what in the holy fuck" after watching 25/26? I felt like I had a firm understanding up until the beginning of 25.
>>
>>143681980
It's pretty abstract, and Anno got a lot of hate mail when it aired.
>>
>>143682057
I don't feel as bad then.

Does the movie explain or help at all? Should I read an explanation or anything before watching End of Evangelion?
>>
>>143682255
Watch EoE before you read anything about it. It's an experience.
Afterward, you will have questions. Several of them will never be given concrete answers. But figuring out your interpretation is meaningful.
There are three more movies, with a fourth on the way, collectively known as the Rebuilds. The film series is almost certainly a sequel. /a/ mostly hates them, but it's up to you whether you want to watch them.
>>
>>143682255
Just watch the movie. If you haven't watched it you haven't finished watching the show at all.
And yes, it does help a lot after you manage to process it.
>>
>>143682335
>The film series is almost certainly a sequel.
There is more evidence for them being in continuity with Ultraman than for their succeeding the events of EoE.
>>
>>143683672
Not according to Ishida's interview in which he talks a little about what Anno told him.
>>
>>143683730
And he may be enough of a dingbat to spoil like that, but he wasn't crucified for it so you know it's fake.
>>
>>143684033
It's not really a spoiler.
>I was also worried about what to do with the stuff I was told in the beginning. Like, how Nagisa Kaworu should be with his accumulated pasts, even if they [were part of] different cycles
Just accept it.
>>
>Finished this series for the first time.

How "young" are you?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.