[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BERSERK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Shaman King.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Shaman King.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
Which berserk to watch/read and in what order?

As the new berserk anime comes out I've never seen or read any berserk so I'm wondering is the manga better than the anime and are they both worth it? And is the new anime looking like it'll be good?
>>
>>143671264

Don't it's overrated shit.
>>
Don't bother
>>
>>143671264
The anime is far superior to the manga. Not so much the newest one, as it is hard to tell with only one episode, but if you don't like the anime DEFINITELY don't bother with the manga.
>>
>>143671311
>>143671346
>>143671458
Surprising considering how much people talk about it and how hyped up it seems. Thanks though anons
>>
Don't listen to these hipsters. The original Berserk Anime is great. Good animation for the time, good characters, amazing music, and a compelling story. The manga is amazing. Don't dislike it just because it's now popular as fuck. The new show, take it however you want. I liked it give it a shot and don't listen to these guys
>>
>>143671264
>Talking about Berserk, shows a picture of Shaman King

Well, if you want to read the manga, read it from the start...
>>
Everybody knows you have to start in the third chapter from volume 19, on the 13th page.
>>
>>143671311
>>143671346
>>143671458
Stop fucking trying to ruse the OP you fucking degenerates.

The 90s anime was shit. Instead of actually animating the action they just put up still pictures, disgusting.

If you want to get into berserk, watch the golden age movies and then kick back and enjoy the new manga. People on here meme it hard, but it's already surpassed the original in virtually every facet. The CGI is top notch. In some places it even looks realer than real. Amazing sound design that really captures the atmosphere in a way that reading a manga never will. It's also paced much better. (Did you know that in the manga, they had ONE arc that lasted nearly 10 years, and it was just them on a boat?)

If you want to get into berserk, now is the best time with the new anime. Definitely watch it. It's some damn good anime.
>>
>>143671264
The manga is GOAT, but it's very long. I actually didn't get into the manga until after I watched the old anime.
>>
>>143671264
Read the manga, ignore all adaptations, get the OST for the first series
>>
>>143671264
The 90s anime is great watch it first.
>>
I'm actually mind boggled how people can actually think the new anime is good. The first episode was trash. I'm not saying the entire series will end up being shit, but that first episode suffered from them trying to cramp way too much shit in a short amount of time. The pacing was abysmal. It felt disjointed and rushed. You don't even need to be familiar with the manga to see that. It's obvious with the way they handled the cuts.

Even with the 97 anime cutting corners in terms of animation, it's first episode was a shit load more captivating than the first ep of Berserk 2016 and it's way of handling pacing was a lot better.

Berserk 2016 started off on a bad foot. It can get better, but if you're trying to argue it's first episode was good, you're crazy. The positives don't outweigh negatives.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.