[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>medieval fantasy land >Legal drinking age is both a concept
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
>medieval fantasy land
>Legal drinking age is both a concept and the same as Japan's
Why is this so common?
>>
Because most LN authors don't have any imagination.
>>
Because common LN writers are shit.
>>
Because Japs are retards with no imagination
>>
Chinese cartoon studios are forced by law to censor any instance of minors drinking or smoking, hence what happened with Stardust Crusaders
>>
it probably tastes like shit anyway so you literally can't
>>
>>143656944
>Legal drinking age is both a concept and the same as Japan's
Why would you expect that to be the thing? Subaru is just autistic and doesn't realise he's allowed to drink
>>
File: consider_the_following.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
consider_the_following.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
legal drinking age has arisen in a wide variety of cultures, so it's not just possible but likely it will also arise in a fantasy culture
>>
>>143657242
They smoke in Sakamoto
>>
>>143657327
How many pre-industrial cultures exactly?
>>
>>143656944
There is no indication of this, he's referring to Japan's drinking age. Just Subaru being Subaru.
>>
>>143656944
No one else told him he couldn't drink. As a matter of fact it looked like Crusch was going to give him some. His concept of drinking age still exists. But I guess it takes actual thought to come to that conclusion, so it makes sense that you couldn't put it together.
>>
>>143657327

it's 18 in like 90% of countries, Japan and US are the oddballs
>>
>>143656944
I don't think this meant minors can't drink in this world. It was just Subaru following the law of his homeland, Japan. I once was in Germany with a Japanese friend who was old enough to drink in Germany, but not in Japan, so she chose not to drink. Same with Subaru, I guess.
>>
>>143656944
The girl never indicated that there is only legal drinking age in that world. She even offered him a drink.

Subaru is from our world, where there is a legal drinking age, and he is just applying the same mentality in that world. We usually apply the values we grew up with when we encounter other cultures, even if they do not make any sense in that context.

She might just think that be is abstaining from alcohol because of religious beliefs or whatever. It honestly does not matter, and it certainly does not indicate what you are trying to point out.

Keep grasping at straws.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.