[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ippo 100% guaranteed to win next fight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: y axis is better.png (512 KB, 818x483) Image search: [Google]
y axis is better.png
512 KB, 818x483
Ippo 100% guaranteed to win next fight?
>>
>>143614675
>he didnt knew how to escape

step one feet back you fool
>>
File: ring out.png (643 KB, 851x771) Image search: [Google]
ring out.png
643 KB, 851x771
>>143614866
>>
>>143614866

I'm trying coach, but Ippo's taking in so much oxygen it's causing a vacuum.
>>
>>143614675

Yes. But it's going to end up being a world ranker, because there's no reason to have Ippo fight JBC or IPBF. It's likely we'll see Ippo's fight as the undercard for Miyata's WBC world title match, since there's no reason for Morikawa to have Miyata dicking around in featherweight, after Sendo berated him for waiting around for literally nothing, given Ippo ended up losing.

As an aside, for the 3 or so people who actually enjoy discussing Ippo, and still lurk the threads, Dynamite Glove's forums may not be back up, but the staff and such migrated to http://westbound3.proboards.com/, so go here for RAWs/translations and the usual, for when MS eventually falls back behind again.
>>
WOAH COACH HE IS LITERALLY CREATING A VORTEX WITH HIS PUNCHES, ANYONE WITHIN 10 METERS SUFFOCATES DUE TO A LACK OF OXYGEN
>>
>I don't feel my muscles tearing
wasn't it literally like 5 chapters ago that he couldn't handle the punches because the combination involves way too much momentum stopping

why this change
>>
File: 735678906.png (265 KB, 1174x680) Image search: [Google]
735678906.png
265 KB, 1174x680
>>143614675
Logic dictates that he's going to rebound from his loss to Super Spic after watching said Super Spic lose to Ultimate Super Spic.
>>
>>143616154
yamato dagashi
>>
What's next for our protagonist? Will he start sending his punches into space time to make them connect before the match starts?
>>
>>143616154
>wasn't it literally like 5 chapters ago

No. Stop smoking crack. Five chapters ago, Ippo was getting the timing down from the Dempsey Roll uppercuts. It was almost 400 chapters ago Takamura was foreshadowing that Ippo could complete the technique by going vertical and figured that's why Kamogawa had him running so much and this was after the Scratch J fight.
>>
>>143616081
>still posting this unfunny forced meme shit

It wasn't funny when Rising was airing and it's not funny now. At least post Yamato Dagashi.
>>
>>143616513
my sides
>>
>>143616850
>I'm a real meme connoisseur I will not have anything other than this specific forced meme
>>
>>143616747
literally couldn't handle the punch
>>
>>143614675
>Ippo 100% guaranteed to win next fight
Well yeah, since he promised to retire if he loses. He has plot shield until the final fight.
>>
Will Ippo go punch drunk and will Takamura go blind.
>>
>>143615141
USE THE OXYGEN IN YOUR MUSCLES TO COUNTERACT HIS VACUUM
>>
>>143616922

>Yamato Dagashi
>Forced Meme

Sure.
>>
>>143617068
I feel him going punch drunk is the only way to make the next fight interesting at all, given he has his "ultimate weapon" now

then people will start developing counters again and we can go back to the usual
>>
>>143616850
I was amused by it at first, but it got old fast.
>>
so Ippo was having trouble drawing a straight line after the fight with the Mexican. what happened after that, did they bother explaining it at all?
>>
>YA
>MA
>TO
>>
>>143617188
I feel it was just foreshadowing that ippo "absorbing" punches with his face is not a sustainable strategy and will eventually get him killed
>>
>>143617236
I fucking love the humor in these threads.
>>
>>143617188
Ippo is going to end like Joe.
>>
File: 694045_5816847.jpg (418 KB, 1432x2958) Image search: [Google]
694045_5816847.jpg
418 KB, 1432x2958
>I'MMA TAKE THE SEAL OFF THE SECRET TECHNIQUE BOY! PUNCH UP FROM BELOW! THEY WON'T EXPECT THAT
>>
>>143617135
>I feel him going punch drunk is the only way to make the next fight interesting at all, given he has his "ultimate weapon" now

I doubt it, since they already teased that after the last match. With Nekota already having Punch Drunkenness, the only person who's career is likely to end that way is Sendo's, since in addition to being the token Joe Yabuki homage, he's setoff a shitload of death flags with talking shit to Miyata, having his teach watch his old grandma and going to fucking Mexico to challenge Alf.

>>143617158
>I was amused by it at first, but it got old fast.

Whereas the OXYGEN MUSCLES meme is pure fucking cancer.
>>
>>143617349
I don't even understand how this is a good development of the Dempsey roll

it seems super jarring to execute due to the ridiculous shift in motion, and doesn't really stop the previous counters to it

I'm sure its going to magically have infinite power and break all the guards, though
>>
>>143617323
>Sendo is going to end like Joe.

Fixed.

He already has the same bratty kids, a female interested in him, a rival and a super champion in Mexico to challenge, as his ultimate goal.

The only thing missing is him accidentally killing someone in the ring, but then he's going after Gonzales.
>>
>>143617519
Its gonna be a shame watching the guy go, easily the best character
>>
>Aoki winning a match by just combining his two shitty tricks
HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

WHAT'S THE MADMAN GOING TO DO NEXT, LOOK UP?
>>
>>143617671
>aoki wins
>kimura draws

What the hell are you doing, Mori?
>>
>>143617671
Has someone ever pulled off the Look Away in a professional match? I could see it working once.
>>
>>143617476
>and doesn't really stop the previous counters to it

The only thing you can do the Dempsey Roll normally is either step in or step back. But when you have someone who's main weapons are his retard strength and an insanely fast step-in, there's really no way to counter the Roll, if he's throwing uppercuts. If Ippo adds the Stop and Go bullshit, from the Sawamura fight, to bait counters he can just to chase runners; because I seriously doubt we'll ever see another boxer on the level of Wally when it comes to running from Ippo, so an opponent stepping back or running wouldn't be an opinion.

The ending of Sendo v Ippo 2 already showed that stepping in and trying to stop the Dempsey Roll will just get you liver-blowed and combo'd to death.

The last match will be Ippo using all his Dempsey Roll variants in succession until he lands the whole thing, which Ricardo will tank and Ippo will end up fucking up his hips and legs.

>>143617781
>>aoki wins
>>kimura draws
>
>What the hell are you doing, Mori?

Setting Aokimura up for end game. It's likely we'll see Kimura go a long as series of him just riding the line getting draws without giving a shit anymore, as long as Aoki keeps going, until Iga retires him. Kimura has already decided he doesn't care about winning anymore and just waiting for Aoki to finish on his career on his own terms before hanging it up.
>>
>>143617913
So, is it obvious that Aoki will get his shit fucked up by Iga and Kimura will change weight classes for a revenge fight?
>>
>>143617781
Its a fucking pain to watch kimura give up so hard, trying to not lose instead of trying to win
>>
>>143616898
If eyeshield21 can do timetravel in sports, so can Ippo
>>
>>143617970
I mean, I want aoki to win purely because he's aoki and he's been getting his shit pummeled for as long ass time

but if he's going to win again using the look away, then fuck that, might as well retire him now, because his character clearly aint going anywhere
>>
>>143617980
Yeah, he's my fav character. Everyone is too special to relate, and Aoki is shat on too much. So Kimura is the closest to everyman we can get.

I was certain that in this fight he would show some prowess and step up his game. Nope. At least now i know i can't expect anything from him.

>>143617519
He dies against Martinez.
Woli fights against Miyata for the WBC belt.
Ippo faces a past his prime Martinez for the WBA
Miyata wins.
Ippo wins,

A final fight for title reunification.
Ippo face Miyata.
And then,,,

Fight occurs offscreen. We will never know the result.
Manga ends with Ippo looking at the sky, clenching his hand and thinking that he finally understood what means to be strong.

yfw
>>
>>143617970
>So, is it obvious that Aoki will get his shit fucked up by Iga and Kimura will change weight classes for a revenge fight?

It's very possible. Considering this is Aokimura and they give zero shits, as is, I could see Kimura moving up to Lightweight as, challenging Iga and losing just to gather data for Aoki, with the latter challenging Iga again, either at JBC or OPBF; bringing Kimura and Shinoda with his as his seconds.

Alternately, the ideal situation would be Aoki getting retired and Aoki and Shinoda working together to train Kimura to beat Iga, with the ultimate plan, that has Kimura using Aoki bullshit repertoire of Sunday Punches and techniques to keep Iga and his corner confused, given catching Baron off guard is the key to beating Iga.

>>143617980
>Its a fucking pain to watch kimura give up so hard, trying to not lose instead of trying to win

While I agree that it's shitty to see Kimura getting a draw after all that heart-ache; him going on and just going fight after fight using his knowledge as a veteran could be cool, if George does it right. I wouldn't be surprised if Morikawa has Kimura pull a 'Miyata' during his next bout and use the fact that Kimura has been having stamina issues and Jr. Lightweight to increase his concentration and make his counters sharper. Hell, I'd even be fine if Morikawa takes it a step further and turns Kimura into the resident wily vet ala Take and has him outsmarting his opponents using his experience,
>>
>>143618683
I wouldn't even be upset with a cliffhanger between ippo and miyata

I wouldn't say the whole fight should occur offscreen, though, at least having a couple rounds to showcase how much the two have developed would be a lot more fitting, and then you can cut away after their internal dialogues are over with or whatever
>>
>>143618760
kimura just using strategies he picked up from other boxers to counter certain people would be a pretty fun thing to watch, since he has no real strengths his fights should involve a lot more thinking on his toes. Hopefully when he eventually gets over the whole clinging to draws thing we could see some of that
>>
>>143618760
>Hell, I'd even be fine if Morikawa takes it a step further and turns Kimura into the resident wily vet ala Take and has him outsmarting his opponents using his experience,

>>143618911

>kimura just using strategies he picked up from other boxers to counter certain people would be a pretty fun thing to watch, since he has no real strengths his fights should involve a lot more thinking on his toes. Hopefully when he eventually gets over the whole clinging to draws thing we could see some of that

I think Morikawa is going to save something like that until after Aoki vs. Iga concludes, because that would be the perfect way to have Kimura chase the Lightweight OPBF title, assuming Mashiba vacates the belt to challenge the world champion. Considering Aoki has been adamant about having no aspirations outside the Lightweight JBC title, Kimura ending his career as an OPBF champion, would be a nice send-off for him, since he really had no goal or rival other than Mashiba. Given he's the journeyman of the Kamogawa boxers, having him grow as dangerous veteran boxer would be amazing.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
COACH, A GIRL WANTS TO HAVE SEX WITH ME, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
>>
>>143619354
OXYGEN
INTO
YOUR DINGUS
>>
>>143615141
Hahaha..so its basically Ougi...Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu INFINITY PLUS ULTRA MEGA TYPHOON!!!!!!
>>
So why does the author seem to go out of his way to avoid Kamogawa's boxers fighting overseas? It seems contrived that all those big name world rankers are willing to fly to Japan for a fight, but Ippo and Takamura never need to return the favor.
>>
>>143619354
You remain unaware of her feelings towards you for another 3 years while punching logs into a hill

Its the only way, my boy
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.