[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MFW people say Berserk is too "niche" to warrant a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 8548835.png (26 KB, 667x227) Image search: [Google]
8548835.png
26 KB, 667x227
>>
Those are manga sales
>>
>>143580816
40 million is poor for something that came out like 3 decades ago.
>>
File: 1454901276913.jpg (40 KB, 1134x942) Image search: [Google]
1454901276913.jpg
40 KB, 1134x942
The problem with adapting Berserk is it's so fucking hard to find a crew talented enough to keep up with Miura's detail.

Judging from what they've been doing lately, I'd vouch David as the only ones around right now who would be fit for the job.
>adept at lots of hashing shading and textures
>are constantly practiced with drawing various monster-y, humanoid-looking things with the Stands
>can go for the long haul with an adaptation

Fuck they so should do Berserk after they're done with Jojo. Only problem is that would be many years off unless they paused or canceled their Jojo work, and would assume they would still have the current talents they do by then.
>>
>>143580850
I'm pretty sure there were others that did more poorly than the ones OP listed and still got really nicely drawn successful animes. I think the studio just fucked up and miura was basically like: "I'll take anything at this point"
>>
>>143580953
I get that but I feel like that was not reason enough to go with bad CG instead of hand drawn. Everybody knows that an anime is never going to have as much detail as manga.
>>
File: 359872736636.jpg (11 KB, 261x192) Image search: [Google]
359872736636.jpg
11 KB, 261x192
>>143580953

>Fuck they so should do Berserk after they're done with Jojo. Only problem is that would be many years off unless they paused or canceled their Jojo work, and would assume they would still have the current talents they do by then.
>>
>>143580850
>poor
How delusional can you be?
>>
File: 1463850086672.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1463850086672.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>Shitty 3d that is far worse than the movie 3d
>Shit music
>Making inane plot changes
>Skips Black Swordsman and Lost Children, the best fucking arcs

I'm done. This is a joke, I was actually looking forward to this, I was willing to tolerate so much shitty 3d just to see black swordsman, lost children and rebirth animated. Fuck this garbage.

My levels of mad are something I haven't felt in years.
>>
>>143580816
Because popular shounen shit sells even if you don't put any effort into it.
>>
>>143580953
David will be making Jojo for the rest of their lives looks like. Not a bad way to go out tho.
>>
Your face is a table?
>>
>>143581433
>Berserk
>shounen
>>
>>143580816
You don't understand, because it IS popular, it doesn't need a good anime to sell.

Why do you think popular shounen have such shitty anime adaptation?
>>
>>143580816
>i don't understand the concept of different market environments
Fuck off.
>>
>>143583473
>Doesn't understand people needing to vent their disappointment over the Berserk anime

Go die in a car fire.
>>
>>143580816
Anon, this might shock you since you seem to be new to /a/, but anime and manga aren't the same thing. Fucking Kosaku Shima has also sold 40 million, but I guarantee you no one is about to greenlight a high-budget late-night TV anime full adaptation of that. Because it's niche for TV anime, but not manga.
>>
>>143580953
>I'd vouch David as the only ones around right now who would be fit for the job.
But their JoJo anime is fucking horribly drawn and animated. You don't notice that because of the highly stylized shading and inverted colors but they're not even doing it for artistic reasons. They're trying to hide their shitty animation.
>>
>>143580953
MAPPA could do it, no problem
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.