[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maruyama is Creating a New Studio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: tmp_3506-P3600852-551483052.jpg (129 KB, 675x1200) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3506-P3600852-551483052.jpg
129 KB, 675x1200
Maruyama Masao, founder of Madhouse and MAPPA, is creating a new studio, called M2.
According to someone who attended Maruyama's panel at Animazement this year, he says his health is degenerating, and expects he has 3-5 years left to live. Therefore this new studio is to be dedicated to making the projects of his dreams. This is corroborated by this interview
http://gigazine.net/news/20160521-garo-df-masao-maruyama-interview/
where he says there are some projects he wants to make sure will happen, even if he won't be able to see them to completion.

http://www.loft-prj.co.jp/schedule/lofta/46579
In this, he's credited as CEO (取締役社長) of Studio M2, pretty much confirming this.
However, he remains as president (会長) of MAPPA, indicating he's still helming the studio.
>>
>>143573547
Cool we will get quality anime while the investors get massive debt, good deal.
>>
>>143573547
What is causing his health to fail? cancer?
It really angers me that japan has almost never released a medical term for what a person is dying from. We get "health is degenerating"
Can anyone explain why japan does this shit?
>>
Finish Yume Miru Kikai for fuck sake.
>>
>>143573842
There seems to be this weird social stigma in japan around cancer, so they make up other shit/conditions around it.
>>
>>143573842
Why do you need to know, are you going to cure his cancer?

I think it's probably a privacy thing, which is fine because I'd imagine celebrities get swamped by meme "cures" for whatever ails them from their deranged fans whenever their health issues are made public. Leave it to actual doctors.
>>
>>143573954
I don't think a 75 year old who has cancer or some other disease that requires treatment would be flying to Boston for a panel, then France for a movie festival in the first place.
I bet it's just his old person instincts telling him the end is near.
>>
File: 1437615924319.png (473 KB, 615x682) Image search: [Google]
1437615924319.png
473 KB, 615x682
>>143573547
Well I'll be.

That guy's design in Shirobako really was based off him.
>>
>>143573842
>It really angers me that japan has almost never released a medical term for what a person is dying from. We get "health is degenerating"
>Can anyone explain why japan does this shit?
It is accepted by Japanese media that a person's illness is a private matter, and as such details of the condition should not be reported unless the person wanted them to or if the person has already died.
>>
>>143573547
That sucks, I hope he's able to make what he wants. Wouldn't he just be able to call in a million favours and play the "I'm dying" card though? Why found a new studio when he already runs Mappa?
>>
>>143573547
What's the point of making a new studio?
>>
>>143574658
Yeah, I don't get it either. Best I can come up with is MAPPA may have been all booked for quite a while when he found what ever it us he found out, and he can't afford to wait until their schedule opens up.
But then I don't know the difference between making an all new studio and just making a 4th studio inside MAPPA. Maybe the money people didn't want to deal with the costs and he funding for it outside.
>>
>>143574658
He doesn't want to bankrupt MAPPA like he did to Madhouse but he really wants to finish the Kon movie that will need a buttload of money.
>>
How many studios is this guy going to make?
>>
>>143575913

As many as he goddamn wants!

>He has the money and he's dying
>>
>>143573547
No one is gonna invest in a dying man.

It is the equivalent of an old man maxing out all his credit cards and never planning to pay anything back before dying.
>>
>>143573547
>>143574232
Pessimistic people die early.

Him saying he is gonna kick the bucket will actually influence his health.

For example, there are studies where pessimistic, depressed people being told they are gonna have a hard disease to battle, end up dying from a heart attack one year later rather than the actual disease infecting them.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.