[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know when the English dub is coming or should I just slit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 760x1074) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 760x1074
Anyone know when the English dub is coming or should I just slit my wrists at this point?
>>
>being a dubfag
The answer is pretty obvious.
>>
>>143562036
DBZ is notable with American audiences for it's dub much like Cowboy Bebop. Please don't be that person.
>>
>>143561897
use the catalog retard >>143518036
>>
>>143561897

>Dubbaby

The second option.
>>
>>143562200
Huhhhhhhh??????
>>
>>143562078
>American audiences
>knowing what's good
I genuinely feel sorry for your kind. Now slit those wrists and make sure it's deep enough to cut vein, slicing artery won't do.
>>
Just slit them.

Remember, it's down the road, not across the street.
>>
> dub

lolno
>>
yeah just go ahead and slit your wrists if you can't watch it subbed you genetic disappointment
>>
Soooo uhhhh are you guys like uhhhh Japanese or somethin?
>>
Does Goku sound stronger in Japanese? I don't understand the what you guys are trying to sell me here.
>>
File: 1431742340188.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1431742340188.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
>>143561897
>>143563985
>image.jpg
Fuck off mobile posters.
>>
>>143564093
Didn't have enough ram to post on 4chan with my regular poorer so I'm posting on this TI-85 calulator instead. I can't have dubs or post on mobile!? You Japanese guys are hard to please! No wonder the birth rate is declining!
>>
>>143564887
Pooter*. Sorry, I forgot you guys were really sensitive about reading!!
>>
I like subs but honestly if it's possible to watch in a language I understand I'm going to.
>>
>>143565877
This guy gets it.
>>
>>143561897
Fuck off to /v/.
>>
>>143561897
>dubs
Check mine.
>>
>>143562727
Aren't you contradicting yourself?

You are an American audience, therefore your claim that American audience doesn't know good is invalid.
>>
>>143566716
You gets it!
>>
>>143561897

dub is the only thing that might convince me to watch Super.

I don't care. I like the Toonami voices.
>>
>>143561897
Super is literally a bastardization of the entire series. Wanting to watch it is reason enough to slit your wrists. But wanting it dubbed too? Yeah, just do it. Slice down the vein, not across. The movies lie to you.
>>
>>143562036
>hating on English dub
Someone of us prefer voice actors that don't sound like a 5 year old child
>>
>>143566875
Dude you're like 4 comments too late. We get it. Down the street, not across.

Anymore edge and you might cut yourself.
>>
>>143566875
>preferring sub over dub
I thought people like you had grown up already
>>
File: rorschach-death.jpg (154 KB, 500x794) Image search: [Google]
rorschach-death.jpg
154 KB, 500x794
>>143567000
There are many instances when sub is preferable and there are easily more instances of that rather than vice versa.

Too bad people don't realize that taking any extreme is inherently wrong.
>>
They have to finish the Buu Saga of Kai first.
>>
>>143561897

>being a dubfag

This isn't even Reddit. What are you, a youtuber
>>
>>143567000
>>143567126
You should always enjoy media in the language that was intended to be watched. That is why if for some reason In watch an american movie I watch it in English and not in my native language.
>>
File: 7595260842.jpg (13 KB, 390x79) Image search: [Google]
7595260842.jpg
13 KB, 390x79
>>143567966
>>
>>143567606
Also to add, I think in most cases it's easier to relate to actual human beings acting in a foriegn language movie than foriegn cartoons emulating human interaction.
>>
They havn't even done Buu kai yet. And Super isn't along enough yet. Funi will wait until super has BD versions before they bring it over. It will be a long time.
>>
>>143569231
Fuuuuuck. I could give less than two shits about Kai. Goddamnit Funimation. Just send that shit over to Ocean to dub like they originally did for the first two seasons of DBZ. In certain ways I still prefer those voices and even some of the background music to funimations. Though, nothing holds a flame to Bruce falconer.
>>
No word yet. It has to be coming at some point, the best speculation is that Toei is holding out for a potential TV broadcast. I'd say just start watching the JP version, after a while you'll get used to the voices.
>>
This many fags trying to fit in even though super is considered cancer by the majority of/a/
I'll never understand why people would prefer jap goku. This isn't a case where emotion and complicated dialogue is poorly represented seeing as this series is about punching/dyeing hair. You weebs have your tongues so far up japan's ass you cant admit when a dub is better. Not that it matters coming from toonamifags.
>>
Last I heard, it was coming out in August.
>>
>>143569597
Things /a/ considers cancer doesn't really have an impact on me. Most of these dickwads rather watch period piece- coming of age- l anime dramas. I mean. Dbz even as a huge fan, the original animation, voice acting, and overall story structure was pretty shitty. But it was so shitty and over the top you had to love it. GT got the feels wrong. I'm hoping Super doesn't suffer the same issue.
>>
>>143570121
Super looks bad and is blatantly milking the cash cow. At least they retconned trunk's hair so it's blue now. The ride is over, remember it for what it was, not for what it's become.
>>
>>143569597

Toonamifags would be the ones that prefer it in English.

Every part of the DB franchise is better in Japanese.
>>
>>143570368
My point being that the majority became acquainted with it through toonami but will pretend otherwise. Goku sounds atrocious in japanese, why would you cast an old lady as a muscular, veteran, male martial artists?
Japanese are shit at sounding intimidating and most VA sound like they've never gone through puberty. Theres probably a reason most anime features young and/or female characters predominantly. Most dubs are an affront to humanity but dbz isn't one of them.
>>
>>143569597

>He likes listening Hollywood's rejects "acting"
>/a/ is one person

Crossboarder/10
>>
>>143570735

>DBZ dub is not bad

If you are american you are wrong.
>>
>>143570883
While I'm biased towards the english dub due to being American, anything sounds better than granny goku. Only other dub I've heard is spic and all the voices were samey.
>>
I wish someone would hold me
>>
>>143570735

Impressive not only you think you know of what talking about but you do it proudly.
>>
>>143571049

I get that you have issues with Goku not having the voice of a "manly" man but if you are saying that Masako Nozawa is a bad seiyu you should are a just stupid.
>>
>>143570735
DBZ was a censored mess until they switched over to the Funi voices. I loved the Ocean dub but fans were right to be pissed at the time. Funi DBZ was uncensored but the voices were awful until around the Android saga (and didn't become truly great across the board until Buu). I absolutely found DBZ through the dub, but it was only a few years before I started watching fansubs along with the Toonami broadcast. I grew up with both and love both.
>>
>>143570735

>Old lady

Meh I got used to her voice, I like her acting now, and I have no intention in watching the dub anymore. Did she got grandkids? I think it would be great as a kid to brag that my grandma was the voice of Goku
>>
>>143571315
She's not, she's just the wrong choice for adult male characters. Like how Colleen Clinkenbeard is good at voicing female characters but was woefully miscast for Goku, Gohan and Luffy.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.