[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
91 days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: 91 days.jpg (87 KB, 721x401) Image search: [Google]
91 days.jpg
87 KB, 721x401
Is anyone else planning to watch this? I think it'll be interesting to see how the Japs handle Prohibition. (Japan never went through Prohibition, did it?)
>>
>>143561835
Yes.

I didn't like Baccano! much and hope they can do the setting justice.
>>
File: 1240.jpg (208 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1240.jpg
208 KB, 1920x1080
I am ALWAYS down to give mafia type shows a chance, Its such a interesting culture that rarely gets touched on.

I can't wait.
>>
>>143561835
>(Japan never went through Prohibition, did it?)
Prohibition came because of Protestants, so only in the US and some Nordic countries.
The rest of the world was smarter than that.
>>
>>143561835
Does it actually take place in the '20s, or is it a Puritan dystopia like Shimoneta?
>>
>>143561835
>Rakugo
>Joker Game
And this. This has been a good year.
>>
Yes, I like these kind of shows. Wasn't feeling Joker Game so hopefully this is decent.
>>
>>143561835
Easily the most unique thing this season, looking forward to it
>>
>>143563829
Hopefully it's more Rakugo than Joker Game. Former was aoty, latter was underwhelming.
>>
>>143563829
I have like 0 faith that it'll be Rakugo quality. If you want something that good you have better options next season, I think. Still might be alright, a possible mid-season pickup for me.
>>
I never liked the american media use of the setting and I doubt I'll like japan's interpretation
>>
>>143566943
>>143567065
Rakugo was shit though
>Nothing Happens: The Play: The Anime
>>
File: Martin_Scorsese.jpg (567 KB, 1081x1471) Image search: [Google]
Martin_Scorsese.jpg
567 KB, 1081x1471
>>143561998
Very rarely touched on.
>>
>>143567169
But both the best movie and TV show ever made are about the mafia.
>>
>>143561835
Going to be fujoshit, calling it now.

Might still be good.
>>
>>143567185
Oh you're right, my bad then. Ignore everything I said.
>>
>>143567274
The Godfather and Boardwalk Empire?
>>
>>143561998
You must not watch very many movies or TV shows if you think the mafia is "rarely touched on".
>>
>that newest PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5XGnMPR-0o
>>
Yeah, after playing Mafia II, I've been craving for these kinds of stuff.
>>
>>143567480
>wet as fuck but somehow the paper on his pocket doesn't even have a single drop of water in it
>>
Do you think Urobutcher might be watching?
>>
>>143567299
OG Scarface and the Sopranos
>>
>>143567480
I'm not even into Nip music but that shit soudned p nice
>>
>>143567733
>OG Scarface
Was it really that good?
>>
>>143567480
Is this show about the Russian mafia cause these guys all look like slavs to me
>>
>>143567672

No
>>
>>143567279
That comes next season.
>>
>>143567776
Not really the best movie ever made but probably the most influential crime film and one of the most influential films period. It's a bit dated in aspects like none of the actors even being remotely Italian, and the story has been done a million times since then, but that's to be expected from any movie from that era..
>>
>>143567065

I have a feeling it won't hold up and squander the potential of a fresh setting and premise by late night anime standards within a months worth of episodes. Interesting premise and first trailer but all the Sony Music affiliated trash getting progressively slapped onto it is triggering alarm bells from all the shit that has gone wrong with originals they've been involved in of late. Even if it's Shochiku running the overall project no matter how far down the production committee Sony Music has a tendency to just drown out any shows they are involved in and their long term potential for short term self-serving gains in music sales. That's not the only alarm bell though, all the fujo bait seiyuu that turned out to fill up the cast as well as it being marketed in PASH magazine and through Animate has me feeling like this is going to be taking a very different and much stupider direction than the first trailer seemed to indicate. It's always like this though, initial interest based on first PV and then gradually less and less interest as more of the staff, cast and concepts gets unveiled and you start to realize it's probably just going to end up targeting Fujos or something.

Also 12 episodes and anime original rarely works out well anymore, particularly when it's a fairly complex or challenging setting that requires more time to flesh out. It's just not going to have enough time to explore things unless it goes Rakugo and gets a second season right away which I'm not holding my breath on.

At the very least thank fucking Christ for no Sawano music being slapped onto this. Even a mass production unit like that guy can't do quite that many shows within a single season. This is one I'll file under wait and see later, but I have a feeling I won't be missing much if I end up forgetting about it now.
>>
>>143568367
This post was very sensible.
>>
>>143561835
So what part of Italy is it set in?
Also the plot seems pretty much pre-explained, will there be any twists or just a good old revenge thriller?
>>
>>143561835
Yes, I will pick it up.
>>
>>143570568
It's set in America. Likely somewhere in the northeast.
>>
>>143570762
Didn't Italy go through prohibition too?
>>
>>143567185
Hush Child.
>>
>>143570568
Prohibition era + Mafia influence was commonly known as an American thing, so I'd say it's set in America.

As for the plot, I'm not too sure about. Regardless, it's an original anime with no source material, so it is your duty as a member of /a/ to at least check it out and pick it up if you like it.
>>
>>143567480
It doesn't look like it would have any magical bullshit, so far so good.
>>
It does say Prohibition Era, but it might end up focus on Mafia things than smuggling moonshine and people dying from contaminated homebrewed booze.
>>
>>143570920
That stuff will likely get an offhand reference though.
>>
>>143570920
>smuggling moonshine
But wasn't that exactly what the mafia were for during prohibition?
>>
>>143561835
Japan was prohibited from waging war in 1945
>>
>>143561835
Nope.
>>
>>143567185
This, rakugo was literally just another over dramatic, boring josei, half these niggas forced themselves to watch this shit cause it's "mature", when it really wasn't. Just boring and uninteresting all the way through, with a heap of pretentious bullshit.
>>
>>143567412
pretty sure he meant anime
>>
I'll probably try it.
>>
>>143566811
Yeah. Not that I have anything against CGDCT and stuff like that, but I like having different shows as well. Variety and all that.
>>
>>143577713
>CGDCT
Don't be a lazy faggot and stop using shitty acronyms.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.