[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did /a/ think of Onani Master Kurosawa? I personally thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: onani-master-kurosawa-630360.jpg (52 KB, 800x1132) Image search: [Google]
onani-master-kurosawa-630360.jpg
52 KB, 800x1132
What did /a/ think of Onani Master Kurosawa?

I personally thought it was refreshing - a really nice take on depression and growing from it and becoming a better person.
>>
>>143554949
he's literally me
>>
>>143554949
I love the ending. I don't know, maybe I'm just a sucker for unexpected girls winning in the end.
>>
>actually confessing his sins like that
>>
>>143554949
I read it a few times, it's pretty good.
>>
I wish I never read it because it's hard to keep on living when I know this will never ever ever get an anime adaptation.
>>
>>143555158
I'm usually against unsuspecting girls winning, especially when the MC initially liked someone else since it never really feels complete and like the MC gave up; but I actually felt like I grew up alongside Kurosawa (despite it only being 31 chapters) and that his new feelings were genuine and relatable.

I'm really looking forward to rereading it in the future. What a good read.
>>
Everyone forgiving him so easily sorta killed it for me. Found it hard to really give a damn about any of the characters at all by the end too.

Interesting in concept though, and frankly way better than you'd think it would be after hearing a description of it.
>>
>>143554949
Simply amazing. One of the best manga/doujin I've read.
>>
one of the best ever. highlights better than anything the beauty of manga that cant be found anywhere else.
>>
File: best girl.png (688 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
best girl.png
688 KB, 1000x1200
>>143555451
i hope you are not a faggot and did read the epilogue
>>
>>143555064
Anon, that's disgusting
>>
>>143556822
Of course I did. Kinda wish the series didn't end. Would've been fun to see Kurosawa's date.
>>
>>143554949
Great, if you weren't a newfag you would know.
>>
>>143555064
No taht cant be, youre not an animé man, humans cant be 2dimensional
>>
Aside from the novelty of it's core premise, it's nothing special. Same dumb cliches you'd expect from this sorta setting (I like you because you're kind! I'll forgive you because you're the protagoni-I mean because you're brave! this is totally how teenagers talk and think!), the MC and main heroine start out and actually remain interesting enough for about 3/4ths of the series but become as unrelatable and non-genuine feeling as the rest of the cast do by the end, maybe the writer felt pressured to just end things or something?

Also the art wasn't inked properly half the time for some reason

>>143555451
who he ended up with was pretty much the most irrelevant part of the entire story
so naturally it's what /a/ latches onto I guess
>>
>>143557391
>Also the art wasn't inked properly half the time for some reason
Because its a doujin and was probably made by two or three guys.
>>
>>143554949
I didnt like the end honestly.

I wanted him to still be a stealth fap master and end up cucking afro-kun.

At least he got with a girl in the end. Sugawa turned out to be pretty kawaii
>>
>>143554949
It was good.

Probably in the top of my favorites if not at the top.
>>
>>143556900
There was another episode, written.
>>
File: kurosawa.jpg (129 KB, 1200x847) Image search: [Google]
kurosawa.jpg
129 KB, 1200x847
This chapter was hard to read, I was just thinking oh shit what are you doing nigga!? All in all this was a good step to his character growth as not many people would've had the courage to admit to the crime.
>>
Reminder that Kurosawa and Sugawa got married canon
>>
One of my favorites, it's pretty highly liked by /a/ in general I think
>>
>>143554949
It needed more jizzing on girl's stuff, the best part of the manga was when she puked infront of everyone because her bag was filled with seamen.
>>
I liked it when it was fapnote,
then all that melodrama happened.
>>
>>143559583
I think it was just one guy
>>
>>143557391
Say what you want about the art, but it's alot better than his previous work molester man in terms of both paneling and art.
>>
>>143554949
I liked it. Honestly didn't feel like Kurosawa was depressed at all to me though.
>>
>>143557391
I guess it's less to do with who he ended up with and moreso that it represents that he finally moved on.

The only thing I found really jarring and unrealistic was his old crush being so quick to forgive him despite being traumatized.
>>
>>143554949
>A really nice take on depression?
What.. did we read the same manga? There is absolutely nothing depression related.
>>
>>143554949
Fap Note is my favorite

I like the part where Light spunked into the girl's locker
>>
>>143566124
So his whole thing about losing himself in his selfish acts, closing himself off from the world, and suffering these new, confusing emotions didn't scream "THIS GUY IS FUCKED UP AND VERY MUCH LIKELY DEPRESSED"? Like shit, I know it's very 'teenager', but he wasn't very secure and confident from the get-go, and it was only at the climax of the story that he really tried to confront his feelings of remorse and anguish.
>>
If any of you read Oregairu, how do you think it compares to this? I noticed that Kurosawa and Hikigaya shared quite a bit in common.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.