[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>character is offered huge gift/prize of substantial wealth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 1466396264216.jpg (39 KB, 480x550) Image search: [Google]
1466396264216.jpg
39 KB, 480x550
>character is offered huge gift/prize of substantial wealth
>"I can't accept this gift" "It wouldn't be right"

For what fucking purpose?

For what fucking purpose?
>>
because you did not earn it you selfish shitlord
>>
File: 1465711346298.jpg (80 KB, 274x327) Image search: [Google]
1465711346298.jpg
80 KB, 274x327
>>143532696
So what? Anyone in their right mind would jump at the chance if they were offered millions of dollars and/or substantial expensive property.
>>
>>143532675
>For what fucking purpose?
Because it wouldn't be right.
>>
>>143532784
some people just don't give a shit about money
>>
>>143532795
But why wouldn't it be right? A gift is a gift, free of charge. Especially when the giver is so rich it's like pocket change to him.
>>
>>143532833
>But why wouldn't it be right?
Your OP fails at establishing context. I can't answer this question because you haven't explained the circumstances.
Why don't you try seeing the larger picture when the character is obviously referring to it?
>>
>>143532833
Fuck no, that's fucking suspicious.
Next thing you know you already dead in the morning.
>>
>>143532800
I assume everyone has to eat, and thus has to work to earn money to buy food. You can't hold a job if you look and smell like total shit, and are unhygienic, so you need a house. That requires a substantial amount of money, enough to make most people work for a long part of their lives.

Even if you did prefer roughing it or some shit, if someone offered you incredible wealth you'd have the chance to change the world or just do whatever the fuck you wanted for the rest of your life. You would have to be a retard to pass up such a chance.
>>
>>143532675
Are you new to fiction?r
>>
>>143532675
Pride.
>>
>>143532675
Because it's a fucking story, not reality, and it's a display of generosity and altruism on the MC's part. Or at least that's what it usually is. Also, this thread has very little to do with anime/manga in specific.
>>
>>143532945
It's a pretty common trope in anime and manga. This, and the trope where the characters reach their goal but fail to receive the reward or money, and end up broke immediately again. It's just shitty writing.
>>
>>143532982
>It's a pretty common trope in anime and manga.
Then bring up examples, faggot.
Make this thread about anime&manga.
>>
Arrogance disguised as modesty.
>>
>>143532930
(you)
>>
>>143532675
Hard to understand without any context, faggot.

It may be a show of altruism/generosity, or a sign of pride. There's also the possibility that the "gift" is basically just a disguised bribe.

>>143532784
I wouldn't, because I'd be suspicious as fuck. Anyone who earned expensive property and/or a huge fortune is probably a cunning fuck and there is no way I'll believe it won't come without any strings attached.
>>
>>143532908
Is it so hard to understand that some people don't give a shit about having more than they need?
Is it so hard to view things from a diffrent perspective for you?
Do you have asperger?
>>
>>143532675
because they don't know the fucking motive of the one who offer them?
One of the most used trick to assasinate in history of mankind is offering woman and money.
>>
>>143532675
because there is nothing more expensive then "free"
>>
>Not giving any examples at all

Faggot
>>
>>143532930
>pride
Why am I not suprised at your faggotry tripfriend. Just change your tripcode to crimson semen demon:god king of ejaculations, or better yet turn that shit off.
>>143532675
More like bing extremely suspicious why someone would hand me a large sum of money, watching kaiji really give me time to reflect this idea.
>>
>>143539494
>crimson semen demon:god king of ejaculations
that actually sounds kinda cool
>>
>>143532675
Because Pride > Greed.
>>
>>143532675
Depends on the situation, Anon.

If they are bribing me I'd probably turn it down if I have a good reason. If they are just handing out money, fuck it I'll take it.
>>
>>143532675
Unless it's blood money or something I don't understand not accepting large sums of money.
>>
>>143532675
Care to give us some examples?
>>
File: smugura.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
smugura.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
Best girl doesn't think so
>>
>>143532675
ive got a friend like that
sweetest soul youll ever meet
>>
Some people win the lottery, and end up bankrupt / murdered / scammed, families and friends backstabbing each other.
>>
>>143533009
Hayate
Konosuba
etc
>>
>>143532675
Japanese will refuse a gift when you offer it to them. You have to offer it 3 times if you want them to actually keep it. I'm not kidding. They can't refuse the same gift 3 times, it's very rude. But accepting it on the 1st time is also very rude.
>>
>>143541045
elevens are meek fools who were conquered by brittania
>>
>>143541140
Arabs are the same way.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.