[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Griffith really that bad of a guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12
File: Griffith.png (87 KB, 278x259) Image search: [Google]
Griffith.png
87 KB, 278x259
Is Griffith really that bad of a guy?
>>
>>143500028
Griffith did nothing wrong.
>>
No, he was pretty much a plaything of fate and predetermined to make the decisions he made. You can't blame him for what he did when destiny itself conspired to have him make those decisions.
>>
File: Griffith.(BERSERK).full.1242581.jpg (390 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Griffith.(BERSERK).full.1242581.jpg
390 KB, 800x600
>Griffith
>Bad guy

Gutsfag are so deluded.
>>
>>143500028
I don't think so.
>>
>>143500028
No. The rape was a bit unnecessary, but he did much good before and after that. Also his actions are completely understandable and relateble.
>>
File: shit eating godgrin.jpg (102 KB, 460x459) Image search: [Google]
shit eating godgrin.jpg
102 KB, 460x459
>>143500028
>did nothing wrong
>bad guy

shaking my head fampai
>>
>>143500179
>Also his actions are completely understandable and relateble.
kek
>>
File: yare yare.jpg (92 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
yare yare.jpg
92 KB, 500x376
>>143500179
Not him, but when he did the sacrifice to the Godhand, he was a broken man. He was tortured for a year along with the fact how he lost everything that made him "him". He was no longer the beacon of light his crew saw him as, but a useless cripple. The rape was definitely unnecessary as it had nothing to do with him gaining more power. .
>>
>>143500404
Post-ascension Griffith was like a newborn chaos baby. He had no control over himself yet.
>>
File: 1439072466819.png (151 KB, 426x546) Image search: [Google]
1439072466819.png
151 KB, 426x546
>Griffith apologists
>>
He killed Judeau.

No fucking redemption.
>>
File: 1458392918624.jpg (88 KB, 382x590) Image search: [Google]
1458392918624.jpg
88 KB, 382x590
>>143500028
Yes.
>>
File: 1466967393063.png (114 KB, 479x520) Image search: [Google]
1466967393063.png
114 KB, 479x520
>>143500089
>muh causality
guts is living testament to the fact that causality means dick; griffith's a vindictive little child that can't accept the fact that he fucked up his dream, and would rather shift the blame onto guts and just murder all of his friends and then rape casca for shits and giggles.

griffith apologists are a meme; i don't believe they actually exist
>>
>>143501183
Guts is a mere pebble in the plans of causality that proved to be more tenacious to expected. A stubborn bystander if you will. You cannot compare him to Griffith, whose entire life was shaped by fate to make him accept that deal.

You're also ignoring the present, which is beautiful under Griffith's light, but Gutsfags always tend to be obsessed with the past and their mentally retarded mascot.
>>
>>143500028
He is actually the good guy. From chapter 83:

>You are a part of your kind's consciousness, a part of me. Your desire is my desire as well. Your actions themselves shall prove to be suitable for your kind as a whole.
>May those actions bring pain or salvation to the men.
Do as you will, Chosen One.

Griffith's rule as the king of the new world is more legitimate than the rule of any monarch before him.
>>
>>143501183
Everything is within casuality you fool.
>>
>>143500857
Yep.
>>
>>143501310
Is this literally Griffith making this post?
Also, Falconia is the most blatant fucking honeypot imaginable
>>
>>143501824
Oh yeah, the super happy city of Light is definitely a honeypot. Please tell me all about how a crazed berserker is going to wreck that up in the name of revenge for his mentally retarded mascot, and how that is definitely a good thing to do.

Whatever happened happened, but currently Griffith is the best thing to ever grace the world of Berserk.
>>
>>143501310
are you retarded? they're clearly building up guts as an anti-destiny force. that's 100% how he's gonna manage to fuck up the god hand/griffith.

falconia bullshit is clean and pretty, but also ruled by literal demons (and i'm willing to bet all those souls griffith's "helping to pass on" are going straight to the hell-vortex). that's the irony, is that there's a prophecied "hawk of darkness" and a "hawk of light", and shierke is the only one in the know about the prophecy that's able to put two and two together, and see that griffith is the "hawk of darkness" that'll plunge the world into a dark age

>>143501398
void pls
>>
>>143502174
He won't have too, we're all forshadowed that falconia is gonna be where they gather all the sacrifices, that why they've been moving all essentials that they want Alive out of the city, or is in the process of kicking them out
>>
He's not a good guy, he's not a bad guy... he's THE guy.
>>
>>143500404
They did say they cut off his dick, he just wanted to take the new danglers out for a spin
>>
>>143502231
>hawk of darkness
Literally a shitty pagan propaganda.
>>
>>143502354
ok sonia whatever you say
>>
>>143502293
>>143502231
Speculation speculation. All I see is a divine God-King who rules over a happy, devoted population, and some no-good berserker who kills everything in his path in his quest to save the mind of a retarded slut who got everyone into the mess they're in. Guts lost and should learn to accept that.
>>
>>143500028
Who knows
>>
>they think Guts can defeat Griffith
>they think Griffith will be just a shitty cruel ruler like Ganishka
>>
File: 1467226903671.png (287 KB, 942x942) Image search: [Google]
1467226903671.png
287 KB, 942x942
Damn, why does /a/ defend Griffith so much? throughout the series even before he ascended and before he was a cripple he was one cold calculating mother fucker. Remember when he had guts murder a the kings brother not only out of revenge but to also further his own rise and necessity. Remember when he murdered sevearl noblemen and the queen? Remember his own speech about how he saw no man as his own equal because he didn't see anyone as ambitious as himself? then remember how afterward when guts finally wanted to leave and strive for his own reason for living and ambtion griffith threw a fit, challenged him to a duel then fucked the princess when he was pissed he lost.

Theres also that point when casca was telling guts about why she joined the band of the hawks. she told guts about in its early days giffith sold his butthole to a rich noblemen that had a thing for boys. Giffith did everything for his own advancement and didn't give a shit what he had to do to reach that goal for himself. it was always about him, him, and him. So him sacrificing the entire band of the hawks was just hims saying they never meant shit to him.
>>
>>143502644
>they never meant shit to him
They meant everything to him.
>>
>>143502693
They were his tool to gain power and nothing else man.
>>
>>143502644
Griffith was ambitious but fair, and the fact that he had to sacrifice the Band means they did mean a lot to him. He was under heavy pressure and could not cope with Guts' betrayal. That's true, but even Guts betrayal was just something the world threw at him to ensure his ascension. Sadly all of that was his destiny and it's unfair to expect him to resist its call after a year of torture and witnessing Casca steal away Guts.

I've said it before but I suspect Casca was somehow planted by the Hand to ruin Griffith and Guts' lives. She cucked both of them, set them up against one another, inspired Guts to leave the Band, then lead Griffith's prison break, "conveniently" become mentally retarded, gave birth to Griffith, etc. Remove Casca from the equation and everyone involved would be a lot happier.
>>
>>143502816
>Griffith crying over the dead kid and feeling responsible for his death
Yup, he clearly didn't care about them.
>>
>>143502907
Just ignore the edgy gutsfags. They're completely deluded.
>>
>>143502644
>murder a the kings brother
>murdered sevearl noblemen and the queen
who tried to assassinate Griffith. Obviously it helped his goal, but come on, was he supposed to let them live? The boy was an accident, though helpful.
>speech about how he saw no man as his own equal
Because he has never met a man with a strong will like Guts before. Plus he was bulshitting before the princess to look cool, so he made it sound a bit more dramatic than it was.
>threw a fit
Unreasonable, but are humans not allowed to be emotional?
>sold his butthole to a rich noblemen
That was to prevent future unnecessary deaths of his soldiers.
It's like Griffith haters wanted him to be completely altruistic. Obviously he did what he could to reach his goal, and some people suffered for it, but that's just how the world is. Can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.
>>
>>143502877
>witnessing Casca steal away Guts.
Huh, I'd never thought of it that way. I always assumed it was the reverse and giffith was pissed that guts left then when he returned he stole casca away from him. But seeing it as casca stealing guts from giffith is rather interesting.
>>
>>143500028
honestly, I just want Guts to ask Griffith what the fuck the rape was all about

sacrificing the band of the hawk was at least partially understandable in an "ends justifies the means" kind of way, but he raped Caska just to spite Guts and then said at the hill of swords that he regretted nothing he did (but Guts never explicitly talked about the rape, just the sacrifice)

I want to hear (or read) Griffith's justification for it
>>
>>143503061
It seemed logical for Griffith to be gay (or bi) since the world wants to fuck him over, and repressed homosexual feelings in a future King-to-be would lead to a lot of complications. It might even have been what pushed him over the edge. Remember femto specifically seeking out Guts after his rebirth and stating that "he feels nothing for him anymore" which meant the ascension worked?
>>
>>143502464
Blatant denail then!
Don't you remember the old capital from when they rescued Griffith? It was a city by the last god hand and turned into the summoning pit for the Apostles
>>
>>143503182

the rape was to give himself a new body
>>
>>143503197
Griffith is not the God Hand. Don't forget that his rebirth was messed with and he is at least partially human having been born out of Casca's fetus.
>>
>>143503224
the demon baby wasn't actually necessary for Griffith to be reborn
if you re-read it, the egg apostle was going to do his thing anyway until he finds the demon-baby near-death and says "hey you can hang out with me while I do this thing I've been planing to save the world" and just swallows him

if the demon-baby hadn't been there, then Griffith still would have been reborn from the egg apostle
>>
>>143503319
Don't change the fate of him bro or his people, i mean i get that you don't see wrong in him but holy shit you just went farther into your own world them casca
>>
>>143503411
>if the demon-baby hadn't been there
Causality.
>>
>>143500089
That's the lamest "get out of jail free" shit ever. "Hurr, all his actions were preordained so you can't blame him".

Why even respect Griffith at all then? He's just a puppet in that case, on top of being a colossal manchild already. Guts is a real nigga.
>>
File: sorry.png (47 KB, 281x245) Image search: [Google]
sorry.png
47 KB, 281x245
>>143500097
>>
>>143503555
Guts is a whiny raging autist who fails every single time and cannot get his shit together.

Griffith is making the best out of the shitty hand he has been dealt and has shown himself to be a benevolent god-king. Until that changes, I have no reason to hate Griffith.
>>
>>143503901
>Griffith is making the best out of the shitty hand he has been dealt
Yeah man, having the powers of a god and having an army of monsters at your command is a really shit hand.
>>
>>143502999
>The boy was an accident, though helpful.

>he believes this

There's a reason he sent GUTS as an assassin. It wasn't only because "hurr durr I trust him"

Griffith clearly cared about the band, hence why he could sacrifice them, but he cared about his dream more. While normally that wouldn't make someone an iredeemable fuckcunt, Griffith cared about himself and his desires SO MUCH MORE he'd let his band rot and suffer in hell for all eternity. And he did that in front of Guts.

I hope the series ends with him back to how he was before the sacrifice
>>
File: behelit[3].jpg (176 KB, 1435x1080) Image search: [Google]
behelit[3].jpg
176 KB, 1435x1080
>>143500028
No, Griffith did nothing wrong. The rape was the objectively bad thing he did. He had valid reasons for doing every other thing he did.
>>
>>143504278
>ot and suffer in hell for all eternity
This is not how Hell works in Berserk. Also, their souls would end up in Hell anyway.
>>
>>143504343
>I ignored everything that was said about the astral world
>>
>>143504786
Are you talking about yourself?
>>
>>143504278
Griffith canonically states that Guts and only Guts was worth more to him than his dream, and being with Guts made him consider abandoning his ambition. What broke Griffith was one year of torture and getting cucked right afterwards. I very much doubt you could accept a reasonable, morally just reaction of him at that time.
>>
>tfw Griffith apologist Hawk no longer posts here
>>
>>143505653
Are you sure about that?
>>
Nah, he helped more people than he hurt so there is that, simple math.
Also guys check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7NzprbC5ns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ghRGkg--6A
Some metal band made songs about this, how cool is that??
>>
So I heard about the Berserk anime coming out, a friend told me it was starting out after the movies left off, but what movies in particular are those?

I had gone to hibernate with Berserk, in hopes of Miura piling up maybe three or four chapters, and today I finally remembered, so this is all new to me.

...Are they still on the fucking boat?
>>
>>143507075
No, they somehow entered Little Witch Academia now.
>>
>>143502999
I agree with everything but the fit and still hold that while rational, the assassination was still pretty evil.

If he had good proof he should have came forward with it and let justice prevail. If he didn't he should have got it, and if justice would not have prevailed without him fighting tooth and nail for it, he should have fought for that.

Instead he did the pragmatic (but still evil) thing of assassination on his own terms.

And the issue is he lost control of his emotions. His own fate and the fate of a lot of people rode on him keeping his cool and remaining calm in the face of all possible upsets, losses, or threats. He had done that in the past before, faced threats beyond those any normal man would expect to face like Apostles, violent death in battle constantly, situations where it looked like him and everyone he was responsible for were going to die horridly or have their fortunes dashed.

And he lead through all of that.

He undergoes one reversal when he has achieved everything, albeit a bad one, and he basically burns it all to the ground, burns all of his bridges, gets himself destroyed as a functioning human being with a future, and gets the majority of his mercenary company killed and the rest outlawed.

After that I guess you could argue "in for a penny, in for a pound" from a rational perspective, but it was still evil.
Very evil, in fact.

The entire world was turned on it's head to give him the field to which he might stride upon and play hero.

A man who sets a house on fire and then walks out of the flames clutching a baby is not a hero.

He is an arsonist and a fraud.
>>
>>143502644
It's a meme that spiraled out of control.
>>
>>143508300
>gutsfags actually believe this

If Guts weren't such a failure on every possible level as a MC maybe I could root for him.
>>
>>143508300
grif is building a kingdom and guts is building a magical kindergarden, I signed up for the historical mercenary figure Gotz, for low fantasy, medieval battles, castle sieges, being taken prisoner, fighting your way out, ransoms, capturing enemy nobles, stuff like that....... and what do I have now?
>>
File: 1429760357940.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1429760357940.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
So if the Idea of Evil manipulated bloodlines and events to create Griffits and put him on the track, what are the chances that Skull Knight and Guts himself, and the potential destruction of Griffith's utopia they may cause, which would plunge the world into an even deeper chaos, are also part the god's plan? I mean, it feeds off despair, doesn't it? It sounds really goddamn depressing.
>>
File: 0897081234.jpg (202 KB, 754x1100) Image search: [Google]
0897081234.jpg
202 KB, 754x1100
>>143508766
I find all the untestable, unprovable, pretentious unscientific philosophical discussion really irrelevant and pointless, I just wanna watch armies cutting each other down.
>>
>>143500028
Griffith did nothing wrong. He followed his dream. He cared a lot for his friends until that point when he had no choices but death or sacrificing everyone.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.