[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his best work? Initially when I went through all of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: satoshi-kon-rip-1963-2010.jpg (351 KB, 570x528) Image search: [Google]
satoshi-kon-rip-1963-2010.jpg
351 KB, 570x528
What was his best work? Initially when I went through all of his works I liked Perfect Blue the most but after rewatching his works I still enjoyed Millennium Actress as much as I did the first time while Perfect Blue a bit less. My mind still says it's Perfect Blue but my heart says Millennium Actress.
>>
His death desu
>>
>>143499927
Objectively best work: Paprika
Personal favorite: Perfect Blue
>>
>>143499927
Perfect Blue is still too raw, he needed to refine his storytelling. The thing with the manager was really awkwardly handled narratively.
>>143499982
Paprika's ending gets too retarded to be his best work. Millennium Actress is his best overall showcase.
Tokyo Godfathers is my favorite though.

Obligitory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz49vQwSoTE
>>
1. Millennium Actress
2. Tokyo Godfathers
3. Perfect Blue
4. the rest is inconsequential
>>
>>143499927
Objectively best work: Millennium Actress
Personal favorite: Tokyo Godfathers
>>
>>143499982
>>143501611
>objectively best
Nice meme desu
>>
>>143499927
DIO's World.
>>
Millennium Actress. Such a beautiful homage to Japanese cinema, and I've seen it three times now each more enjoyable than the previous time.

All of his work is god-tier, but as OP said, Millennium Actress is equally enjoyable on subsequent views and I think it sticks with you longer after finishing it.

Second would be Paranoia Agent for me.

Paprika and Perfect Blue were incredible of course. Tokyo Godfathers was a delight, but I personally didn't find it quite as obscenely fun/sticking with me as his other stuff.

Life is too cruel knowing we will not be getting anything mroe from him. Do you guys remember when he died and the mods embedded some ost music on certain threads and someone posted the letter he wrote before he passed away?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.