[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these Japan Animator Expo music videos actually deep or is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Dakao.jpg (259 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dakao.jpg
259 KB, 1920x1080
Are these Japan Animator Expo music videos actually deep or is the symbolism and meaning obvious in Japan and the international audience just tries to fill in the blanks to make them seem more art house than they actually are?
>>
>>143496910
Why do you think it's only westerner that make a fuss over blue curtain?
>>
>>143497162
Because in the West we don't have compensated dating and nobody in the west can understand the lyrics which tell part of the story.
Any Westerner watching is getting half the picture and has to put together the rest while in Japan the audience has much more to work with to get the meaning.
>>
They're just cool and sexy.
>>
>>143497162
Oh and I don't know if the Japanese or other cultures even have blue curtain debates what with me not being part of their culture or able to ask any of them.
>>
>>143497162
Can you prove that?

Also, music videos aren't books.
>>
>>143497267
I don't think it's got anything to do with compensated dating, that YouTube explains video was complete shyt
>>
>>143496910
>is it really that deep or are people reaching hard for explanations
Yes and no, there's obviously subtext and more meaning to them then just the surface level of what they're showing, but at the same time it's really up in the air over just how much symbolism is in them and how much is coincidence.
>>
>>143496910
Something being artistic is just pretending to fit in the theoretical concepts of "artistic" anyway.
It's a facade for the pretentious, liked by those who roleplay along with it, usually brainwashed by cultural memes to actually believing it, or those trying to fit in a some specific spot in the social structure.
>>
>>143496910
>Japan Animator Expo
>Animator
>Expo
I see this as their means to expose and showcase animators.

The story is just secondary.
>>
>>143500441
No, it's whatever the animator wanted it to be.
Some of them just wanted to do mech homages, others played around with cg. And others tried to make DEEP stuff with it.
>>
>>143496910
>draw penis tree
>OH WOAH HOLY SHIT THE SYMBOLISM

Everytime.
>>
>>143496910
they are meaningless. pseudo intellectuals just love putting fake meaning and symbolism where there is none.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.