[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kara no Kyoukai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: knk.jpg (101 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
knk.jpg
101 KB, 1920x1080
What went so wrong after Paradox Spiral?

I can understand the setup story in the first four parts being necessary. Part 5 was godtier. Part 6 was pretty comfy with bestgirl. But holy shit what happened to the ending? Did Nasu have an aneurysm or was it ufotable's adaptation?
>>
>>143491338
7 is generally considered the second best part after 5, you're going to have to explain if you want people to take this thread seriously.
>>
>>143491416
>japanese understanding of drugs
>inject x10 marijuanas
>you are going to die
>nothing happens
>muh killing someone fulcrum
>neither character stays with their values that were built up over the series in favor of a happy ending
>>
>>143491338
Both.
>>
>>143491851
they can't have real drugs in anime
>>
>>143491851
The cannabis was magically modified (deal with it), Mikiya coughed out the drug, and you're going to have to explain the last point.
>>
>>143492005
>promise me you won't kill him
>maybe
>ok
>I want to kill him, but muh Kokutou promise
>kills him
>Kokutou abandons his stance immediately
>>
>>143492091
>Kokutou abandons his stance immediately
What else is he gonna do? Slap a bitch? Leave the girl he loves? I don't think either of those would make for particularly good endings either.
>>
>>143492134
Main problem was that entire scene was build on "I want to kill him, but I promised Kokutou I wouldn't." Which ended up not mattering in the slightest. Let me down quite a bit.
>>
>>143492220
Oh well. Nobody claimed it was perfect.
>>
>>143492091
Because ultimately he loves her too much to leave her.
"I'll carry your sins."
That shit was foreshadowed for the longest time.
>>
>>143492301
True. Pretty good overall though.

>>143492301
In the context of, "I'll carry your sins" and "When you kill someone you kill yourself" it doesn't really mix. Someone else can't carry your death for you.
>>
>>143492378
They're allowed to kill one person though since that doesn't really condemn them as a human being. That was the basic Nasuverse concept established at the very beginning.
>>
>>143492481
True. Later on the kill someone/kills yourself was pushed just as hard and those two lines didn't make any sense to me put together other than "I would die for you to live."
>>
I actually found Paradox Spiral to be one of the more shallow parts. It's an interesting narrative with some cool tricks, but it never seemed that important to me in terms of characterization for Mikiya and Shiki.

Murder Spec B was entirely focused on that though. The confrontation at the end is the absolute culmination of everything for those two.
>>
>>143491338
Part 6 is the worst one
>>
>>143491338
>What went so wrong after Paradox Spiral?

Needed more Touko.
>>
>>143493382
Part 6 is the absolute best and the greatest thing about Kara no Kyoukai.

The novel, that is. The movie's script murdered the novel's plot.

>not reading the novel instead
What excuse do you plebs have?
>>
>>143491338

Read the novel and you'll see how horribly they butchered the story for part 6. I mean, jesus christ, it's like a salad with only dressing on the plate.
>>
>>143493382
>>143493589
>>143493591
Here's how I would rank them having just watched it.

5>6>1-4>7
>>
>>143493687
nobody asked for your worthless opinion though
>>
>>143491338

More important question, KnK2 with Mana when?
>>
File: smileyemoticon.jpg (11 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
smileyemoticon.jpg
11 KB, 320x213
>>143493738
There it is anyways.
>>
>>143493746
Never, leave the milking with Fate.
>>
>>143493746
Leave KnK alone. We don't need another movie, the work is perfect as it is.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.