[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you support series and creators you like? I thought about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 29.jpg (361 KB, 911x1280) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
361 KB, 911x1280
How do you support series and creators you like? I thought about going with Crunchyroll but something about them comes off as untrustworthy. That whole anti-piracy campaign where they got seiyuu to lie about people getting viruses from fansubs didn't help. There's importing the DVDs/Blu-Rays and buying figurines but that's really expensive before you even get to the S&H.

Is there any other way to support the industry without giving money to the western middleman?
>>
Import merchandise.
>>
>>143467347
>That whole anti-piracy campaign where they got seiyuu to lie about people getting viruses from fansubs
What the fuck?
>>
>>143467347
>That whole anti-piracy campaign where they got seiyuu to lie about people getting viruses from fansubs didn't help
When did this happen?
>>
>>143467625
>>143467747

Years ago. Crunchyroll had just become legit and became a business. I can't find the videos anymore.
>>
>>143467347

i occasionally buy mango
>>
>>143467347
This anon right here >>143467469 .
If you have a yen to support a creator, spend it in Japan. They'll see more of it and money spent there counts more to production groups than money spent elsewhere.
>>
>>143467347
The absolute best is to preorder japanese BD/DVDs. The accountant with the iron grip on the producer's balls sees this money first. The accountant cares about getting food on the table, not anime.

Importing merchandise is good, you just don't get the bang for the buck. The better figurines show up long after the accountant-who-rules-all has written off the series. You're probably best off hoarding all the stupid trinkets that show up while the anime is airing.

License discs are placebo. What you do is point the licensor in the direction of the anime you like. The sums are small, even if welcome.

CR is if you like Horriblesubs and derivates. Even if a couple of yen make it to Japan.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.