[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't really have a problem with a show that isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
I don't really have a problem with a show that isn't very good (just my hot opinion) being successful, but what I can't understand is why this douche keeps topping popularity polls
>>
>>143462864
>what I can't understand is why this douche keeps topping popularity polls
Are you serious?
Are you truly this stupid?

You understand that this show is popular, but you can't understand that its characters are popular too?
>>
>>143462940
last I checked Shinji didn't top any popularity polls
>>
>>143463362
That's because he isn't a garrystue who make female wet themselves
>>
Self inserts tend to be popular. Literally any generic male protag tops polls when the anime itself is popular.
>>
This begs the question: who really is the greatest male character in anime?
>>
>>143464308
By what measure?
>>
File: Unbeatable Waifu.png (76 KB, 365x274) Image search: [Google]
Unbeatable Waifu.png
76 KB, 365x274
>>143464308
That's an easy one.
>>
>>143464308
Pick some people from FMA. They're all pretty good.
>>
File: 1467064599363.jpg (180 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467064599363.jpg
180 KB, 1280x720
>>143464308
This guy without a doubt.
>>
>>143463783
Even so, something about Kirito makes me want to gouge his eyes out with a corkscrew.
>>
>>143464820
I've never seems the anime but he look even worse than fucking Kirito.
>>
>>143464885
That is completely normal for self-insert characters that you cannot self-insert into.
It's like trying to wear the shoes that are too small for you. They don't fit you.
>>
>>143464885
I feel the same way. I felt jealous AF whenever things went his way. All females go wet for him in 5 mins of screen time despite him being a twink. He's the best player in every game he plays aside from the admin.

>>143464936
He's the complete opposite of a Gary-Stu like Kirito
>>
>>143465008
Oh yeah because he goes through SUFFERING and become a generic anime psychopath, right? A friend said the same thing about Tokyo Ghoul MC, it was still shit.
>>
File: bait.webm (3 MB, 1075x600) Image search: [Google]
bait.webm
3 MB, 1075x600
>>143464820
>>
>>143464820
b8

>>143464885
I don't - because I want to fug him no homo. He's canonically as cute as a girl and that's fine. You can even imagine SAO as a yuri harem if that makes it better

>>143465008
>He's the complete opposite of a Gary-Stu like Kirito
Kirito represents one extreme (along with Oniisama) of a MC's characterization flaw, Subaru is the other extreme and is just as bad if not worse.
>>
>>143465200
You can never have enough cringe and I incompetence in an MC. Literally the only person who likes Subaru right now is Rem and that's understandable because he tried really hard to be on her good side or she would have tortured him.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.